Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector (26154 Views)

Osinbajo Reveals How State Governments Can Tax Nigerians, Generate More Revenues / Osinbajo Reveals Persons Buhari Will Jail / Kiki Osinbajo Reveals What Happened After She Met A Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector by ernieboy(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
Splashme:

Bros, DISCOs are not your only problem.
FG, generation, transmission all share in the blame but with the greater blame on FG.
What magic can DISCOs perform with 4,000MW in a large country like Nigeria?

The privatisation was not a 'sham' and I bet you, I don't see the Buhari govt revoking those licenses.
The Vice President even said so. Revoking licences won't solve any problem
I don't think the discos are right, you can gen up to 1mw for ur consumption without licence from the govt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector by delpee(f): 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
Splashme:

DISCOs will go bankrupt with prepaid meters in every home.

The right legislations and judicial processes to deter power theft are not yet in place.

In small Benin Republic, bypassing or other forms of power theft is a very serious offence with
special courts and varying jail terms or huge fines for offenders.

Power theft is one area the FG must address first before enforcing prepared meters in every home

I see your point and agree with you
Re: Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector by delpee(f): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
buoye1:
Automatically disconnected? You forgot those who do meter by-pass? Metering every houses would be nice but most Nigerians want free stuffs.. I know of many people with meter who have been by passing for months!

shocked
That’s terrible. We truly need strong laws to tackle that. It’s a grievous crime.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector by Modphase: 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Why should anyone help disco recover debt if disco is capable of handling the job or the FG is the one helping the company you work in get paid or collect debt ?!

aolawale025:
Just tackle financial crisis in the sector. Help discos recover debts. They will reinvest and boost operations. Strengthen transmission. Haba! It's not rocket science
Re: Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector by Alejobs: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
I dream of a time when I can say you are my friend!
Re: Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector by JezraMatthews: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's Abnormal To Use Condom As Palliative For The Poor — Rep. Amobi Ogah (Video) / John Fashanu Enters Race For Sun City Presidential Election / Kwankwaso: Labour Party Is Like Andrew Liver Salt (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.