Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana (21777 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Parablesonmarble: 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
cescky:
angry
What do I know. I've lived in Nigeria all my life so I don't know much about what obtains out there. I only responded based on reports and my obviously limited knowledge. However, I still maintain that Nigerians in other African countries may be living too loudly based on daily reports and checking their ways may be in order. That is my point. If you have any other suggestion, just state it because it may help somebody and if you want to educate me, I'm open to learning. Bashing me won't help anyoone. That fact I know too well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Jaqenhghar: 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
Gorillacrew:
This is always coming. A friend of mine that lives in Russia told me that nationals from most black African countries are always beefing Nigerians in diaspora. The reason for other black persons beefing Nigerians, home and abroad, may be as a result of jealousy or insecurity on the part of these people but if we don't give them any chance to show it, they likely won't be able to. Going to your neighbour's house and acting like his landiord definitely won't earn you much accolades. Maybe Nigerians in other African countries need to tone things down so they can get along without much troubles.
Sometimes y'all baffle me when you say people are jealous. Jealous of what please. Listening to some of you speak one would think Niggerians are like the Jews or the Chinese. You go to a place, disturb them with your noise and filthy habits then when theu are irritated you claim they are jealous. Na wa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Angelfrost(m): 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
philtex:
This ghanian traderz 4 my area gaz flee bdat o b4 i reach house.

Chest-beating as usual... They will continue to insult, intimidate, maim, even kill your countrymen in their nations across Africa, and absolutely nothing will be done about it: Even your president will clap for them, and concur with them that he has a nation filled with criminal-minded youths... They will also continue to do business in Nigeria with full police protection, make their profits and take back to further develop their blossoming nations...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by searchlight: 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
cescky:
angry
pls how do you quote two persons at a time plzzzzz
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Alejobs: 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Gabson001(m): 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
Until we learn to settle down and make things work.. We will forever remain prey to other countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by shayiD: 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
Correction please biafran traders.
ExAngel007:
At least 20 shops belonging to Nigerians were forcibly locked at Suame Magazine in Kumasi, Ashanti region of Ghana, on Monday.

According to GhanaWeb, the traders said they were being targetted over the alleged involvement of Nigerian nationals in kidnappings in Ghana.

Four Nigerians had been arrested over the alleged kidnap of two Canadians.

The arrested suspects were reported to have abducted Bailey Jordan Chitty and Lauren Patricia Catherine Tilley who were volunteering in Ghana.

Kizito Obiora, the chairman of the Nigerian Union of Traders Association, was quoted to have said the attack started last week.

He said they have been forced to close the shops, and their attackers are demanding that they return to Nigeria.

He added that when the attacks started, the police intervened but some unidentified young men returned on Monday to forcibly lock up their shops.

Some Ghanaian traders, however, said they were not out to intimidate foreigners but to encourage authorities implement the statutory laws without fear or favour.

One of the locked shops (Photo credit: Luv Fm, Ghana)

They said most foreigners in the retail business were just selling their wares without paying taxes.

They also accused Nigerian of selling substandard products described as a threat to consumers.

“Because of the Nigerians traders, most of the customers do not patronise the products of the Ghanaians as they are deemed as expensive.

They have destroyed Kumasi with their new substandard spare parts,” one of them was quoted to have said.

The police command in the area had since commenced investigations into the matter. Earlier, Olufemi Abikoye, Nigeria’s high commissioner to Ghana, had expressed
concerns over the manner in which the Ghanaian press had been “prioritising” negative reports about Nigerians.

In a statement he personally signed, Abikoye appealed to the Ghanaian media to stop referring to Nigerians based in Ghana as a bunch of criminals.

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerian-traders-under-attack-in-ghana

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Alexrayz(m): 3:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Why won't they attack when we have a clueless president backed by spineless moslems from a waste land.

Can Russians launch an unprovoked attack on Americans in Russia without dire consequences?

Never!!!

Will America go to Russia and be a nuisance the America citizen that are been hang in Philippines what have America done SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Kendollar696(m): 3:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
I just hate to read most comment. They said Nigerians but some people that claim they know it all, will gradually push it to igbo, hausa, yoruba, Muslim, Christians. Uhna the carry ethnicity for head. This is the biggest problem in Nigeria. Make uhna dey talk, wait until it happens to you before you will know if your tribe been igbo, hausa, whatever, spare you from the calamity. Tah Nigerians make uhna try get sense. Even na small.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by rusher14: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
Parablesonmarble:

What do I know. I've lived in Nigeria all my life so I don't know much about what obtains out there. I only responded based on reports and my obviously limited knowledge. However, I still maintain that Nigerians in other African countries may be living too loudly based on daily reports and checking their ways may be in order. That is my point. If you have any other suggestion, just state it because it may help somebody and if you want to educate me, I'm open to learning. Bashing me won't help anyoone. That fact I know too well.

Don't mind him.

I know Nigerians in UK, USA etc. that are involved in fraud.

These are graduates with degrees from these countries.

Is it because of a tough economy or president that they are involved in fraud?

Nigerians don't like the truth.

Rather then the truth, people would go tribal or religious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Wealthierboy(m): 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Why won't they attack when we have a clueless president backed by spineless moslems from a waste land.

Can Russians launch an unprovoked attack on Americans in Russia without dire consequences?

Never!!!
is this how dey brought you up... I blame you papa wey release him wasted sperm into your mama toto if not who 4 know you
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by King44(m): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2019
All I read is complain and complain

still it won't stop how brothers from traveling out and mixing with the wrong set of people, and start acting stupid

it won't stop some Africans from being jealous and it won't stop our brothers going to other African countries from keeping their heads low and not brag or oppress their citizens

neither would it stop buhari from being clueless
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by SoNature(m): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Abi ooo, the same stupidity they show towards other tribes in Nigeria is what they've taken to ghana, now innocent legit people will suffer the stupidity of these flatheadss.

Uncle, when Nigeria is tired of my people, grant us Biafra.

I don't understand why this is difficult for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by cescky(m): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
searchlight:
pls how do you quote two persons at a time plzzzzz

Simple just quote the two one after the other...the farther your comment is to a page, the most unlikely you'll be a able to quote.

If your on page 3 of a thread it's easy to quote a page two than one
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Toyin4banjoko(m): 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2019
grin grin
Kokoebapluse:
If I become Nigeria president today. I will not give Nigerians visa out of the country. And if you protest or cause trouble you will be kill not detain.

Let talk truth we are the problem of Africa. We big just for nothing, we are the one that supposed to fight for freedom of African, but we are the one causing trouble in Africa. We are so currupted. I voted buhari but as am seen buhari is not active interm of security and innovation.

We need to change ourselves thinking before other people trust us. We have immams and pastors here in Nigeria we climbed we serve God but but evil have estate in our hearts.

Am a Muslim strong one, but if I can become a leader of this nation. I will banned religions. And we will exterblish justice and nothing like group protest you try it you die. Is paining me.
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by drezzyx(m): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2019
Why won't they attack us, when we even attack ourselves here... Imagine Ghana attacking Nigerian I weep for my country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Unrated900(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ghana again,I think our government needs to do something urgent about this issues.

Am beginning to see Ghana as a country who hates Nigerians with passions.

I have been there severally I can tell and see this in their blood.

The hatred they portraits on Nigerians is much yet we have a dullard who cannot even speaks for her citizens.

Long live Abacha the man of honor.i have been in Ghana severally I can hear Ghanaians saying they want war between them and Nigerians so they can chase them out of their country.

Nevertheless our brothers in there would never stop marrying their woman hence seizing and forfeiting their properties to their women over little clash in Marriage.

Our government are not helping matters.

Nigerians are good people with good mind and intentions

This hatred is much on Nigerians by Ghana citizens.

You can never get their passport,but here in Nigeria our government issues passports to anyhow people.

I have seen a Congolese Ghanaians and more with Nigerian passport.

This ridiculous behavior is getting too much on Nigerians in Ghana country.

Our government needs to wake up.if possible cut all bilateral Trades to this shit neighboring countries.

Move this to the front page Nigerians are really suffering in Ghana Togo and other countries.

Ghana is at the peak of war with Nigerians

If the government cannot hear the cry of her citizens then we need a liberated man like Atiku to take this country to the greatest Height.

Say no to tribalism

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
J111333:
Why all these wahala now? It's wickedness to punish innocent people for the sins of a few because the truth is that a good number of Nigerians are always in one evil thing or the other abroad.

A time will come when calling someone a Nigerian will be regarded as an insult. that time has already arrived. Didn't they casually say Nigerian scammer in Blackish?
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by CalabarPikin: 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Meanwhile one round fool from Ghana is calling himself my boss here in my own country.....

If dat new scanner for office no disappear by Monday maka know why.....

After dat...dem go show me dia residential permit..if not......
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by cescky(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Parablesonmarble:

Well said and no insult meant

For your question best way I can summerise is Nigeria is rich at least compared to other African nations.. but if you see what other nations with limited resources have done..and. How they act (contentment) Bros you will believe something is very wrong with Nigeria..ask people that have stayed out and stepped in again..once you step in even the air is different,
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by ChristianNorth: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
Wealthierboy:
is this how dey brought you up... I blame you papa wey release him wasted sperm into your mama toto if not who 4 know you
Mind yaself, yoruba moslem
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by ChristianNorth: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
semyman:
Criminal like you. You and your brothers are into crimes and selling substandard products. Now the day of reckoning is here
Cry cry baby
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by ken6488(m): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2019
grin Nonsense

.when we have a responsible president

I swear Ghana will pay
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by ChristianNorth: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
HAKYN1:

Dont mind him, he is taking an Osu Jew from erosion ravaged barren land serious. He doesnt know that Osu Jews are better than Pigd*otic Christians of erosion land
You sound like a moslem from a waste land. Learn from Yoruba Christians, dude.
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by ChristianNorth: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
Gabriel004:
Dundee. Who cries daily because of who another person voted if not you and your worthless race.
Says a spineless ewedu eater from a waste land.
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
Parablesonmarble:

I love your humility
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by ChristianNorth: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2019
Yyeske:
You an Igbo Muslim, any difference?
I am not a terrorist. I don't bow to a moon god.
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Every country now want to use Nigeria to shine. Imagine Ghana. Well na the fault of the criminal minded one we we dey share the same national identity with.
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
ExAngel007:
At least 20 shops belonging to Nigerians were forcibly locked at Suame Magazine in Kumasi, Ashanti region of Ghana, on Monday.

According to GhanaWeb, the traders said they were being targetted over the alleged involvement of Nigerian nationals in kidnappings in Ghana.

Four Nigerians had been arrested over the alleged kidnap of two Canadians.

The arrested suspects were reported to have abducted Bailey Jordan Chitty and Lauren Patricia Catherine Tilley who were volunteering in Ghana.

Kizito Obiora, the chairman of the Nigerian Union of Traders Association, was quoted to have said the attack started last week.

He said they have been forced to close the shops, and their attackers are demanding that they return to Nigeria.

He added that when the attacks started, the police intervened but some unidentified young men returned on Monday to forcibly lock up their shops.

Some Ghanaian traders, however, said they were not out to intimidate foreigners but to encourage authorities implement the statutory laws without fear or favour.

One of the locked shops (Photo credit: Luv Fm, Ghana)

They said most foreigners in the retail business were just selling their wares without paying taxes.

They also accused Nigerian of selling substandard products described as a threat to consumers.

“Because of the Nigerians traders, most of the customers do not patronise the products of the Ghanaians as they are deemed as expensive.

They have destroyed Kumasi with their new substandard spare parts,” one of them was quoted to have said.

The police command in the area had since commenced investigations into the matter. Earlier, Olufemi Abikoye, Nigeria’s high commissioner to Ghana, had expressed
concerns over the manner in which the Ghanaian press had been “prioritising” negative reports about Nigerians.

In a statement he personally signed, Abikoye appealed to the Ghanaian media to stop referring to Nigerians based in Ghana as a bunch of criminals.

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerian-traders-under-attack-in-ghana

The bold is a very big fat lie. No Nigerian in Ghana does business without getting licensed and the licenses are always boldly displayed in their shops or stores. The Tax enforcers always go around to remind or check those who have or have not paid. I own 2 restaurants in Ghana and i am duly licensed and even underwent a mandatory medical test for myself and all my workers prior to approval for opening. I also pay my taxes.

The part about substandard goods is also another lie. Ghanaians are often greedy unlike Nigerians who sell their wares with a little profit put on it and thus many Ghanaians prefer buying from Nigerians than from Ghanaian sellers because they place a huge profit on their prices and refuse to negotiate. They would rather insult you for not being able to afford what they are selling.

They are their own problems in this aspect and Jealousy over how Nigerians are preferred when it comes to buyers is what is fueling this rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Elvis778(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
And here we are, bashing our selves instead of thinking out a solution.
Let me tell you guys the simple truth, they ain't chasing us cuz of the crimes and all that,
they are simply jealous.
An average Nigerian is 30 times more business minded than a ghananian,
i saw a write up made by someone living in Ghana,
he narrated how he went out to buy peeled groundnuts of about lets say 2 hundred naira worth of groundnut (if converted to Nigerian money),
but met a woman with more un-peeled ones than the peeled one,
he quickly asked her to process the un-peeled ones so he could buy,
but guess what?? She said she can't, that she's busy,
WATCHING TV. A nigerian meaning to trade would never do that, we are hustlers and would go any possible/fair length to satisfy our consumers. Why won't we park all their customers??
If we are really selling sub-standard parts, Ghana authorities (which as of today is more competent than ours) would have penalized them, and not their fellow traders. This is just JEALOUSY, they have been looking for a great opportunity to execute their plans, and thanks to those criminals, they just handed them the opportunity they have been looking for.
This is also same in SA, they hate us cuz we come to their country and park all the opportunities they would have colonized, they now want us out of their country so we wud leave a vacant seat for them,
this is just it, it's just cuz of JEALOUSY. Nigerians might be criminals, but we are hard working and tend to do better anywhere we are found, both in studies, trading and every other thing that involves money making.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by noble2faith(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2019
kereman1:
We all know the tibe spare part is attributed to in Nigeria....

I didn't call names ohhhhh...

U re sentimentally stupid. Even the word "TRIBE", you couldn't write it well. I am a Yoruba guy FYI.

This is what I was talking about in a thread about the same attack on Nigerians in Ghana.
How do you expect other countries to regard you when tribalism has clouded your thinking?
Do you think other countries have not been seeing tribal tantrums you guys have been dishing out against one another?
They will continue to seize the opportunity of our disunity to ridicule and attack us globally. It might not affect you now but mark my words "You are going to be affected on the long run".
Re: Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
Elvis778:
And here we are, bashing our selves instead of thinking out a solution.
Let me tell you guys the simple truth, they ain't chasing us cuz of the crimes and all that,
they are simply jealous.
An average Nigerian is 30 times more business minded than a ghananian,
i saw a write up made by someone living in Ghana,
he narrated how he went out to buy peeled groundnuts of about lets say 2 hundred naira,
but met a woman with more un-peeled ones than the peeled one,
he quickly asked her to process the un-peeled ones so he could buy,
but guess what?? She said she can't, that she's busy,
WATCHING TV. A nigerian meaning to trade would never do that, we are hustlers and would go any possible/fair length to satisfy our consumers. Why won't we park all their customers??
If we are really selling sub-standard parts, Ghana authorities (which as of today is more competent than ours) would have penalized them, and not their fellow traders. This is just JEALOUSY, they have been looking for a great opportunity to execute their plans, and thanks to those criminals, they just handed them the opportunity they have been looking for.
This is also same in SA, they hate us cuz we come to their country and park all the opportunities they would have colonized, they now want us out of their country so we wud leave a vacant seat for them,
this is just it, it's just cuz of JEALOUSY. Nigerians might be criminals, but we are hard working and tend to do better anywhere we are found, both in studies, trading and every other thing that involves money making.

This is exactly what i said above. Its plain Jealousy. Their women prefer us, Their buyers prefer us, Their men are brutally lazy, The hardworkers are the women even on construction sites its a women affair. There is no such thing as substandard parts being sold. The real gurus of sub standard parts are the Ghanaians themselves due to their greed and desire to "make wad" as they always say. This is why their own Yahoo is laced with serious juju and rituals. They taught Nigerians about Yahoo plus with their sakawa boys but will still say Nigeria is bad.

In Ghana, Yahoo plus is celebrated as long as it is a Ghanaian who is making money from it at the detriment of others. Their television stations celebrate Fetish living and ritual money and they even license Juju practitioners and thus encouraging the sakawa business like crazy.

Ghanaians know their own people are mad corrupt and wicked but will always focus on Nigerians. IN FACT THERE IS NO SINGLE TRIBE IN GHANA WHO LIKES THEMSELVES. They all have all sorts of negative things to say about each other. They never patronize each other when it comes to business or work. The Ashanti will never employ a Ga because they call them destroyers of destiny and so on. Yet to them, Nigeria is their problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! / MTN Nigeria Made ₦51 Billion Profit And Gained 4.2 Million New Subscribers In Q1 / Saloon Or Viewing Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.