Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Who Is To Be Blamed?(a Poem Dedicated To All Sickle Cell Carriers) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Is To Be Blamed?(a Poem Dedicated To All Sickle Cell Carriers) (330 Views)

25% Of Coronavirus Carriers Don't Show Symptoms But Can Still Spread Virus / Anambra Assembly Bans Marriage Of Sickle Cell Carriers / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is To Be Blamed?(a Poem Dedicated To All Sickle Cell Carriers) by godisablack(m): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2019
Yellow eyes, fading white teeth
Hair Dreadlocked, forced smile
Was all I could see on her face
As her mum was smiling back at her

I looked closer
Her legs were thin too
Belly swollen like a two months pregnancy
This baby is in real pain
I whispered to myself

I tried not to look again
But, I can't
The young girl is not happy
She cannot be happy
She has learnt pain at this tender age
I cried gently.
And I left.

Hence, came this thought
God why would you allow such?
Is it a punishment to her?
What has the baby done to face this
Suffering at this early stage?

Could it be the parents fault?
Were they meant to be punished through her?
But the baby is not guilty
Or is she?

This time, I was thinking too much
Life is unfair
Throwing anything at us
Nobody is really safe

Who is to be blamed?
The parents? for not thinking?,
The baby? For what?
Life? For hosting this suffering?
Or is it God for allowing the suffering?
I cried again and left....

Pen'Talk ✍️
22:04
03/12/2018

(1) (Reply)

Arogbo In Ondo State To Get General Hospital / Video: South African Nurse Forced Her Lover’s Side Chick To Eat Dog Poo / Freedom From Excessive Sweat ? Invisible Sweat Absorption Underarm Sticker Pads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.