Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . (1725 Views)

Landlord Set Tenant’s Three-year-old Son Ablaze / Landlady allegedly Sets Tenant’s Son Ablaze In Ajegunle / Man Sets Wife Ablaze In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by mohadana: 3:02pm On May 08, 2007
Breaking News : Man Sets Son Ablaze Over Watchcraft
Posted by admin on 2007/5/4 16:22:14 (77 reads)
By Emma Una/Calabar

A middle aged man identified as Victor Friday Usuk of Afagha Uqua in Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State has set his 10-year-old son, Jeremiah Victor Usuk, ablaze for allegedly bewitching him. P.M.News gathered that the man poured petrol on his son, struck a match and set him ablaze after a prophetess in his church, Prophetess Grace, prophesied that his failure in business and joblessness were caused by his son.

Jeremiah, who sustained third degree burns and narrowly survived the trial by ordeal, is still nursing the severe injuries.

The boy told P.M.News that Prophetess Grace wanted to extract more “confession” from him by severely beating him in the presence of his father and mother.

The boy has a sister named Victoria, who was also accused of witchcraft. She was said to have been subjected to several hours of deliverance by the prophetess.

According to Mr. Usuk, the boy’s father, Jeremiah was too deep in the act “such that bringing him out of the witchcraft world required physical torture.”

On why Victoria was not set ablaze, Mr. Usuk said the girl is now certified free from witchcraft by Prophetess Grace after she had gone for deliverance in the church several times.

Jeremiah, a primary three pupil in Aunty Mercy Primary School, Afagha Ukwa, Akwa Ibom State, said: “If I were into witchcraft, I would have made sure everyone in the family becomes a member so that this torture will not take place.”

He said his problem started when his father’s business started collapsing. His father, he said, became withdrawn and when his offshore job was also taken and his vehicle broke down, he allegedly accused Jerry and Victoria as those responsible for his misfortune.

Reacting to the incident, Pastor of the church, Rev. Peters said he believes that witchcraft was responsible for the plight of Victor Usuk, but denied that his wife’s revelation made Victor to set his son ablaze.

“Society sometimes pretends that witchcraft does not exist but it is the cause of the problems of many people,” he said.
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by utibem(m): 6:45pm On May 24, 2007
[size=28pt]This Burner man needs to be crucified for believing an outsider who is not even part of your family. This man should know by now that not evry preacher is real. I would say he is a fool. A big one for that matter.[/size]
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by pilas: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2007
hummmm.
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by jona2: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2009
wink
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by posakosa(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2009
Instead of burning an innocent child, he should just outwardly state that he doesn't have money to feed his son.

oponu!
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by jona2: 1:38am On Apr 22, 2009
;d
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by sparta191(m): 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
posakosa:
Instead of burning an innocent child, he should just outwardly state that he doesn't have money to feed his son.

oponu!

Am jeremiah usuk, am grateful for speaking out.
not just for me but for all the stigmatized kids out there.
what i went through as a kid is not something i even try to reminisce about, talkmore of wanting anyone else to go through it.please speak out against such unholy act against humanity
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by sparta191(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2019
mohadana:
Breaking News : Man Sets Son Ablaze Over Watchcraft
Posted by admin on 2007/5/4 16:22:14 (77 reads)
By Emma Una/Calabar

A middle aged man identified as Victor Friday Usuk of Afagha Uqua in Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State has set his 10-year-old son, Jeremiah Victor Usuk, ablaze for allegedly bewitching him. P.M.News gathered that the man poured petrol on his son, struck a match and set him ablaze after a prophetess in his church, Prophetess Grace, prophesied that his failure in business and joblessness were caused by his son.

Jeremiah, who sustained third degree burns and narrowly survived the trial by ordeal, is still nursing the severe injuries.

The boy told P.M.News that Prophetess Grace wanted to extract more “confession” from him by severely beating him in the presence of his father and mother.

The boy has a sister named Victoria, who was also accused of witchcraft. She was said to have been subjected to several hours of deliverance by the prophetess.

According to Mr. Usuk, the boy’s father, Jeremiah was too deep in the act “such that bringing him out of the witchcraft world required physical torture.”

On why Victoria was not set ablaze, Mr. Usuk said the girl is now certified free from witchcraft by Prophetess Grace after she had gone for deliverance in the church several times.

Jeremiah, a primary three pupil in Aunty Mercy Primary School, Afagha Ukwa, Akwa Ibom State, said: “If I were into witchcraft, I would have made sure everyone in the family becomes a member so that this torture will not take place.”

He said his problem started when his father’s business started collapsing. His father, he said, became withdrawn and when his offshore job was also taken and his vehicle broke down, he allegedly accused Jerry and Victoria as those responsible for his misfortune.

Reacting to the incident, Pastor of the church, Rev. Peters said he believes that witchcraft was responsible for the plight of Victor Usuk, but denied that his wife’s revelation made Victor to set his son ablaze.

“Society sometimes pretends that witchcraft does not exist but it is the cause of the problems of many people,” he said.

Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by uglodoh(f): 6:32am On Jul 22, 2019
sparta191:

Am jeremiah usuk, am grateful for speaking out.
not just for me but for all the stigmatized kids out there.
what i went through as a kid is not something i even try to reminisce about, talkmore of wanting anyone else to go through it.please speak out against such unholy act against humanity

Are you sure you sure the one?
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by nicolartsdesign: 7:05am On Jul 22, 2019
haaa this is cruel
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by sparta191(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
uglodoh:

Somethings have been mixed up in this story. Am jeremiah usuk. Am no longer 10 years old. An undergraduate. So yes it is me look me up on facebook
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by sparta191(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
uglodoh:

And don't worry i still have the scars on my face and body to prove it
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by uglodoh(f): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
sparta191:

And don't worry i still have the scars on my face and body to prove it

God will surely lift you up. I do not understand our people when it comes to labelling children witches and wizards.

Hope you have forgiven your dad.
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by sparta191(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
uglodoh:

God will surely lift you up. I do not understand our people when it comes to labelling children witches and wizards.

Hope you have forgiven your dad.

My dad would have been in jail by now if i didn't appeal to the magistrate back then with tears.
Not fake once though,
I love my dad, just blame fake churches that's why i stay away from religion this days
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by Biggcake: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
The useless father just made his innocent son a "burner boy",
Re: Man Sets Son Ablaze In Akwa Ibom . by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2019
grin......

(1) (Reply)

Husband Dies 3 Months After Wedding From Poisoning / Scam Alert!!!! Beware.... / Elderly Man Caught By CCTV Camera Stealing Two Bottles Of Wine From A Wine Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.