Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (7154 Views)

Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / Boko Haram Is Armed Wing Of Opposition Party – Fani-kayode / Explosions In Borno After Jonathan's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by babapupa: 5:32am On Oct 05, 2010
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by babapupa: 5:38am On Oct 05, 2010
Jonathan is on crack for saying these criminals are not terrorists.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Abagworo(m): 7:51am On Oct 05, 2010
This is a very serious issue.MEND is a real rebel group.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by egift(m): 8:02am On Oct 05, 2010
And our president still believe other wise, absorb them, invited them for coffee and see development as an opportunity to intimidate his main opponents. I sorry for Nigeria (by Femi Kuti)
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Onlytruth(m): 8:13am On Oct 05, 2010
The cat is really out of the bag.

Nigeria will likely have a major restructuring or a civil war. I don't see any middle grounds. The guys I see in this video are ready for war. The question is, do Nigerians know that the country is about to start another war?

The last thing Nigeria needs at this stage is a weak or indecisive president. This issue won't go away. Either Jonathan performs a magic and restructures Nigeria for resource control, or he must deal with the MEND threat once and for all.

Postponing action will be tantamount to postponing the evil day.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2010
we are all fked

those guys are armed to the teeth - kevlar, night vision goggles, top of the line military hardware

all the so called amnesty was just an opportunity for them to refine and rearm.

this will not end well sad sad sad
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2010
Our presido say MEND dey innocent. Whala dey. They say before u see monkey, monkey don see u! Oyibo wey teach us BODMAS say Naija go scatter b4 2015. Are we not seeing the sign posts to that devil's script now?
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by asha2: 10:53am On Oct 05, 2010
Are those uniforms not military uniforms?
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by chyz(m): 10:59am On Oct 05, 2010
asha 2:

Exactly. MEND does not dress like that. It's a fake. Also the area does not look like the same area mend were usually taped at. Its funny how they happened to have an interview with "MEND" two days before the bombing. Also the main "MEND" guy's english seems to be too clear for him to be a real mend rebel. Nollywood in the making. cool
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by opuro(m): 11:13am On Oct 05, 2010
babapupa:

Jonathan is on crack for saying these criminals are not terrorists.
NO MI GUY
NA OGOGORO DE SHACK AM
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by excanny: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2010
March 15, 2010

Two bombs exploded
at a Government House of
Nigeria during the Post Amnesty
Dialogue in Warri. The bombs
killed eight people and injured
six more. The explosion damaged
the Government House and
other buildings in the area.
MEND claimed responsibility for
this attack.

What is the difference between this incident and the October 1 bombing at Abuja? And why was MEND not exonerated in the first instance.

The truth is, MEND's tactics are very obscure. They have no military units of their own, but is more of
an umbrella organisation that outsource
several armed groups, which it
sometimes pays in cash or guns
to launch attacks. This makes it easy for MEND to deny or allege anything.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Ranoscky(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

The last thing Nigeria needs at this stage is a weak or indecisive president. This issue won't go away. Either Jonathan performs a magic and restructures Nigeria for resource control, or he must deal with the MEND threat once and for all.

I comment my reserve !!!
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by deols(f): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2010
God help us for we country ooooo
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by juman(m): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
If President Jonathan win 2011 election, within that four years there will be either civil war, killing of opponents, or great insecurity. I love him as a person, but he is not competent. They (his god fathers like MEND, OBJ and others) will just be dragging him around like a goat. I don't think he has opinion of his own.  Somebody that promise us nothing. We are in deep soup. When are we going to be on the straight track to success? When are we going to have somebody that at least has mind of his own and love the nation Nigeria as a president? Or when are we going to be seperated nations without war as this nation is not working? We are still far far behind. God PLEASE we need your help. We Nigerians should vote for good and credible person and protect our vote in next election. President Jonathan MUST prove himself before 2011, election if not we will not vote for him. No to Jonathan in 2011.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2010
Never Postpone a War. The Niger delta would have been better of if they fought the Civil war. Now they have more enemies that they can imagine. Even their own people are against them
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by tchaik(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
asha 2:

Exactly!!!. Are we so daft and blind to notice that some Nollywood movie is going on?
People let us think,think and think!!!  Think of Henry Okah's comment, MEND's comments and reply, GEJ's comment, Police comment's and SSS comment's (the most idiotic of them all); examine all these and you will know the answer yourself: THEY HAVE NOT TOLD US WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED(OR IS HAPPENING)
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
tchaik:

Exactly!!!. Are we so daft and blind to notice that some Nollywood movie is going on?
People let us think,think and think!!! Think of Henry Okah's comment, MEND's comments and reply, GEJ's comment, Police comment's and SSS comment's (the most idiotic of them all); examine all these and you will know the answer yourself: THEY HAVE NOT TOLD US WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED(OR IS HAPPENING)

True. It is time to STOP believing all these groups - Jonathan, FG, IBB(his name is not even worth mentioning), Okah, all of them. There is certainly a bigger picture. Maybe somebody has straphed somebody somewhere
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by craziest: 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
The video coming from Aljazeerah I will say is 100% authentic without question. If it was from CNN or FOX news I will question it.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by ayekoooto: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
let us not be taken for a ride by person who want to sow discord, the statement
credited to mend " we have agent in the security apparatus who help setup the
the bomb explosion" is the factor here, it is different from and not consistent
with the statements from mends' bombings, am not support the org,
but i think there more than meets the eye in the abuja blast.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
tchaik:

People let us think,think and think!!! Think of Henry Okah's comment, MEND's comments and reply, GEJ's comment, Police comment's and SSS comment's (the most idiotic of them all); examine all these and you will know the answer yourself: THEY HAVE NOT TOLD US WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED(OR IS HAPPENING)

yay!!!

nollywood aljazeera collabo !!!

are we tlaking about the same nollywood that gives us toy helicopters

can you not see flak jackets , night vision goggles, high caliber rounds?
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Pataki: 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2010
People carrying sub-machine guns, fully armed to the teeth, night vision goggles, bulletproof vests, bazookas. . . . . and yet some peeps here are saying it is NOLLYWOOD? It is the same Nollywood that directed the bomb-blast last week Friday innit?

I am sorry for some people's way of reasoning at times.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Parnassuss(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
This thing seem stage managed. I cannot imagine why MEND would chose this period of all periods to get up in arms. Its also fortuitous that this is election time or doesn't anyone else think so. Whoever is pulling this string is a very powerful opponent that WANTS TO SEE NIGERIA FALL. I can't even imagine IBB behind this, it is too extreme and would only turn around to bit him in the long run.
Call me an airhead, but i think its about time ppl start taking all that gist in recent hollywood movies about a war in Nigeria serious. Could be that the pieces are finally being moved.  lipsrsealed
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by blacksta(m): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
Nigeria jaja jaja Everything scatter scatter - From Kiddnapping we are graduating to car bomb planting
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by ultrarich: 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2010
hmmmmmmmm, God help us, when are we going to move forward in this country and stop all this fucking trash.
Countries that are not even up to Nigeria are moving ahead and leaving us behind. WHAT A SHAME; A BOMB BLAST ON A GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATION. Too BAD!!!!!!!!
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by AloyEmeka5: 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
oyb:

we are all fked

those guys are armed to the teeth - kevlar, night vision goggles, top of the line military hardware

all the so called amnesty was just an opportunity for them to refine and rearm.

this will not end well  sad sad sad

I guess so too.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Ehoi: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
Why do we always like to ignore or underestimate our problems thinking it will just go away?
Why are we pretending that we don't know MEND didn't submit their weapons during the amnesty?
Why are we pretending as if we don't know there are still many MEND camps operating in the niger delta?
It is not today that MEND started dressing like proper military outfit. 

The picture below of MEND was taken many years ago and as you can see, they look almost the same like in the video only thing is they have added more gadget to their arms.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by namdo(m): 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
my fear: I hope some enemies of nigeria are not trying to help a certain willing group to take over our government and then come down heavily on Nigeria to destroy it as they did to Aghanistan, Iraq, etc in the name of saving democracy and fighting terror. We need to follow these events with carefullness and expect our leaders to use very high wisdom at this time.

the writing is on the wall.
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by denitro(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by eros(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
There is more to this MEND than meets the eyes. Can someone tell me where these militants get their weaponry from?  
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by gega: 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
For the video to be comin from Aljazeera, likely to be authentic.but those guys i see aint ready for war in the real sense.how many of those night vision goggles do they have? Do u guys know what it means to have a military might? They definitely can't match up with Nig .Military,they will be taken out in no time.My only concern is Mr. President--he must stand for something and I believe Nigerians are closely watching how is going to play around this.Nig or Niger Delta first?
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by Tcrack(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2010
mehn, am i the only one who say the guys trying to crawl out of the explosion? cry cry cry cry
Re: This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. by hackney(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
If a few major looters (home and away) are killed by them, Aso rock is bombed to smitherines and
a massive uprising by the nigerian populace starts, then the country will be on the
way to a bright future where looters will be scared.

I think they should form a body that tracks down looters living abroad and kill them.
that way the looters will have nowhere to hide.

That is what nigeria needs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over 20 Feared Dead In Fresh Jos Violence / Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation / AIT Documentary On Buhari's Regime:Nemesis Has Caught Up With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.