Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,205 members, 7,780,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:08 PM

Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach (16446 Views)

Spain’s Coach Vilda Appears To Touch Female Inappropriately During Celebrations / Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by reportminds: 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
Luis Enrique has stepped down from his role as Spain manager and will be replaced by assistant manager Robert Moreno.

Enrique, the former Barcelona manager, has been in charge of Spain less than a year but has missed their last three internationals amid personal issues.

Spain announced Enrique’s absence from the Euro 2020 European Champions qualifier with Malta back in March, citing “an urgent family matter”.

A statement said: “The RFEF confirms that our national team coach, Luis Enrique Martinez, will be absent from this evening’s game due to a family matter of the utmost urgency. We ask that his privacy be respected at this time.”

He also missed the recent qualifiers against Faroe Islands and Sweden, and Spanish Football Federation president Luis Rubiales confirmed the managerial changes on Wednesday afternoon.

Enrique became Spain coach last July after the team’s exit from the 2018 World Cup to hosts Russia under interim coach Fernando Hierro after Julen Lopetegui was sacked on the eve of the tournament for negotiating a move to Real Madrid.

The boss took charge of Spain’s UEFA Nations League campaign where they failed to reach the semi-finals and began their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign but flew home hours before their second game away to Malta in March for personal reasons.

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/06/breaking-luis-enrique-resigns-as-spain.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by GreatPunter(m): 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
Why do I have this funny feeling that the coach is trying to run grin Wait a minute, I am first to comment. So, las las nothing dey this position after all the noise people make when they comment first.

4 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
Spain announced Enrique’s absence from the Euro 2020 European Champions qualifier with Malta back in March, citing “an urgent family matter”.

FAMILY FIRST!
FAMILY OVER EVERYTHING!!

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by qualityovenbake(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2019
Unbelievable.
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by materialproject: 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
I will be the next ....
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by teemyte: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
It's better you don't mind this good for nothing but poor scammer
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Unbelievable.

What's there not to believe

You think it's Buhari.... That will rather die in office

12 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
Announce Kepa Arrizabalaga as the new Head coach

2 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Alejobs: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
What can we do without reliable power really? We don't deserve this heat!
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Spar7tan(m): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
I think the man is bored with the national team, you know when you're not involved in the week to week football activities unlike before, it could be tiring.

Whichever way, family first. But I see it more of making himself available for club football issue.

3 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by ImpregnaTor(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2019
i guess the man is tired of international football, he wants club football; we all know being a country Coach is boring.

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by qualityovenbake(m): 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:

What's there not to believe

You think it's Buhari.... That will rather die in office
I didn't expect it. So soon.
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by aziaka111(m): 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2019
GreatPunter:
Why do I have this funny feeling that the coach is trying to run grin Wait a minute, I am first to comment. So, las las nothing dey this position after all the noise people make when they comment first.

no something dey am,buhari go put u for him cabinet as first commandism minister

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Jcole1985(m): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
Chelsea grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by femi4: 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
post=79484530:

FAMILY FIRST!
FAMILY OVER EVERYTHING!!
Good family
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Dannyset(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2019

Chelsea?

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
femi4:
Good family
Naso.com.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Africanbest(m): 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
The power of mourinho, He just said he wants to try coaching a national team some days ago and all of a sudden the Spanish team job became vacant.

Sit down and watch him win the world cup and European trophy he just talked about.

SPECIAL ONE
ONLY ONE
BEST COACH IN THE WORLD

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Alejobs: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2019
If you go in a hurry, coming back may be slow and painful
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by naijaboy756: 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
Chelsea loading!!!

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Jaytecq(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
Eyeing Big money move
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Jilo83(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
mouriho is coming
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by martineverest(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
abrahamovic will sack u next year
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by chiboy1116: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
GreatPunter:

shut up already . Mumu . He's daughter was in an accident and her situation is serious . His family lives in the US so he has to be there with them .
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by chiboy1116: 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Africanbest:
The power of mourinho, He just said he wants to try coaching a national team some days ago and all of a sudden the Spanish team job became vacant.

Sit down and watch him win the world cup and European trophy he just talked about.

SPECIAL ONE
ONLY ONE
BEST COACH IN THE WORLD
u no get sense oh shey u know

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by MasonKendall(m): 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
lilbest4:
Announce Kepa Arrizabalaga as the new Head coach
Which planet are you from?
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by asha80(m): 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2019
chiboy1116:
shut up already . Mumu . He's daughter was in an accident and her situation is serious . His family lives in the US so he has to be there with them .
his family lives in USA?seems strange to me unless the wife is American
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by buzzcypha(m): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
No messi, no Neyma the guy is frustrated. Overated coach
Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by gistsmill04: 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
PASSIONATE FOOTBALL FANS POLL

If buying a deodorant means you would go to the UK to see a live match, would you buy?

Fill up
http:///AntiperspirantSurvey

Re: Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
MasonKendall:
Which planet are you from?
I should be asking you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ucheibe Scores, Nnadozie Saves Penalty In Last Night's Champions League Matches / Sarri To Go Extra Miles In Keeping Hazard, Courtois And Willian at Chelsea / Kanu Nwankwo: I'm Not Interested In Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.