Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Msc In Canada/dernmark - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Msc In Canada/dernmark (2967 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Should I Do My Msc In Norway Or Here In Nigeria / Msc In Uk With 1million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by mascara(f): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2010
of course Nigeria has a post code! shocked
check out this site u can even get the postal code of different areas in Nigeria up to the street code. smiley
http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/views/
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by jfad: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2010
CANADA straight away, kiss kiss
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by chickyamma: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
@collinsfbi, pls wldnt mind getting in contact with ur friend too cos am interested in canada, thnx, nb , am a female like her so no fear , ok, thnx
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by missZ1: 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2010
it is possible to get admission as my year of graduation is 2004: most school are askin for graduat in the last 2 yrs
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by chickyamma: 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2010
miss z, which schl told u dt? i jst chked u.abetta 4 my course there is no year barrier given, i dnt think its an issue but i hpe d expert hve answer 2ur qstions
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by newmusic: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2010
it is possible to get admission as my year of graduation is 2004: most school are askin for graduat in the last 2 yrs

miss z, which schl told u dt? i jst chked u.abetta 4 my course there is no year barrier given, i dnt think its an issue but i hpe d expert hve answer 2ur qstions

Not an issue, tell us which school is that?
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by missZ1: 7:41am On Oct 12, 2010
An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.

MA: 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale on the most recent two years of full-time study (or equivalent
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by collinsfbi(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
@collinsfbi, pls wldnt mind getting in contact with your friend too cos am interested in canada, thnx, nb , am a female like her so no fear , ok, thnx
No prob, when u are ready then you let me know.
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by missZ1: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2010
Pls NL dont be tired of aswerin ma qns
Pls will like to know the chances of gettin admission @ Uni of Alberta or U of O, cos i discover that i need to apply 4 a fee so dont want my money to go with the wind
And also if i will be require to pay all the fee (2 yrs) before going there -cos i can only afford for yr1- and subsequently my pple will pay for year 2
Another challenge is GRE,cos my course(MA Economics)  had that the exam is difficult, as for the english i guess am exempted cos my degree is in english.
Kindly help with all the info i need
Thanks again
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by missZ1: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2010
@jama never mind can handle that part, work in a bank.
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by collinsfbi(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2010
Pls NL dont be tired of aswerin ma qns
Pls will like to know the chances of gettin admission @ Uni of Alberta or U of O, cos i discover that i need to apply 4 a fee so dont want my money to go with the wind
And also if i will be require to pay all the fee (2 yrs) before going there -cos i can only afford for yr1- and subsequently my pple will pay for year 2
Another challenge is GRE,cos my course(MA Economics) had that the exam is difficult, as for the english i guess am exempted cos my degree is in english.
Kindly help with all the info i need
Thanks again
I think we are in the same shoe, my first degree too is in english and I hv applied to a school in canada and i hv reciv a letter of confirm for application acceptance but decision has not been taken yet. I applied to Memorial University of Newfoundland because of my low CGPA of 3.34 on 5 scale, cheap memorial tuition fee and I can't afford expensive schools because I want to sponsor myself. Gbammmmm over and out
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by collinsfbi(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2010
@miss Z better still inbox me or call or inbox the contact i sent to you earlier for more details.
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by mascara(f): 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2010
Hey collinsfbi: was considering applying to memorial uni of newfounland earlier in the year.the tuition is really affordable and they have unbelievable scholarship opportunities. It was too good to be true and not that popular thats why I opted for some other school! Have you been accepted and are you considering getting a scholarship?
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by collinsfbi(m): 10:15am On Oct 19, 2010
Hey collinsfbi: was considering applying to memorial uni of newfounland earlier in the year.the tuition is really affordable and they have unbelievable scholarship opportunities. It was too good to be true and not that popular thats why I opted for some other school! Have you been accepted and are you considering getting a scholarship?
mascara, I have already applied for a master course in Memorial and a week ago I received a letter of acceptance for my application but decision has not been taken concerning admission yet due to incomplete documents which is likely to be either my transcript or letters of appraisal from my school and academic referees respectively but am sure all documents will get there as soon as possible. Besides, I have other alternatives, one in Sweden and the other in SA.

@mascara, which school did you apply to in canada?
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by chickyamma: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ collinsfbi my email addy is ammygold@yahoo.com u can mail me or send me her email am ready, thnx
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by collinsfbi(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ collinsfbi my email addy is ammygold@yahoo.com u can mail me or send me her email am ready, thnx
Done! check yah box, mail her and get back to us here abt your findings so that other pple can learn from it. Good luck
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by JagaJaga1: 10:55am On Oct 20, 2010
@collinsfbi I am also thinking about applying to Memorial university but i am being discouraged by the procedure for sending letters of recommendation (in the sense that most of my lecturers don't have an email address with my schools website). I would have really loved to send everything myself i.e both the transcript and letters of recommendation as it will be cheaper
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by kollinsfbi: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
@collinsfbi I am also thinking about applying to Memorial university but i am being discouraged by the procedure for sending letters of recommendation (in the sense that most of my lecturers don't have an email address with my schools website). I would have really loved to send everything myself i.e both the transcript and letters of recommendation as it will be cheaper
You are right but how many Universities in Nigeria have e-mail addresses for their lecturers linked to their school site? My school where i graduated from has a website but no e-mail IDs for lecturers and that can't discourage me. At the same time, I think lecturers who will complete such letter of appraisal form can send it with their personal mails because there is an emphasis on the form that read thus:
If you are using an internet email service such as Yahoo or Hotmail, please save completed form and return manually to gradapply@mun.ca
So, with this I don't think there is any problem with letter of appraisal form, in my own case, I downloaded the letter of appraisal form myself then completed the applicant section with my mun number and other info and sent to my lecturers to complete their after which it will be forwarded to mun. If you are interested in applying to mun or any school, guy don't be discouraged just come here and share your problems and am sure it will be solved. Best of luck
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by kollinsfbi: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2010
Pls note: [size=14pt]Collinsfbi [/size] is the person as [size=14pt]Kollinsfbi[/size] I can't post with collinsfbi for now and that is why i used Kollinsfbi. Gbammmmmmmm over and out
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by mascara(f): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2010
collinsfbi:

mascara, I have already applied for a master course in Memorial and a week ago I received a letter of acceptance for my application but decision has not been taken concerning admission yet due to incomplete documents which is likely to be either my transcript or letters of appraisal from my school and academic referees respectively but am sure all documents will get there as soon as possible. Besides, I have other alternatives, one in Sweden and the other in SA.

@mascara, which school did you apply to in canada?

@collinsfbi aka kollinsfbi, wow good to know uve received ur letter of acceptance! hope uve sent ur transcript now so that they can make the necessary decision on ur admission. wel, I applied to university of manitoba, winnipeg and dalhousie university, nova scotia! Manitoba is my first choice cos of its world ranking and its various scholarship options. chose Dalhousie as my second option cos msc is just 12months! grin
hmmm sweden's cool, have a couple of frnds there. SA has never crossed ma mind as a plc to sch. undecided
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by kollinsfbi: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2010
@collinsfbi aka kollinsfbi, wow good to know uve received your letter of acceptance! hope uve sent your transcript now so that they can make the necessary decision on your admission. wel, I applied to university of manitoba, winnipeg and dalhousie university, nova scotia! Manitoba is my first choice cos of its world ranking and its various scholarship options. chose Dalhousie as my second option cos msc is just 12months!
Good to hear that you have applied too but those schools are somehow expensive and you must have spent so much on application fee. I wish you the very best on all your applications.
hmmm sweden's cool, have a couple of frnds there. SA has never crossed ma mind as a plc to sch.
I am a kind of person who don't move by crowd but rather with opportunities and advantages. I applied to spring semester in Sweden simply because is free tuition and I have friends there and I applied to UNISA in SA because I have a friend who stays a few walk away from the Main Campus in Pretoria and because UNISA has my choice of masters degree course.
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by mascara(f): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2010
@collinsfbi : wanted to apply to sweden but hrd they are introducing the payment of tuition by 2011. well, maybe i shd give it a try and nt put all ma eggs in one basket. the tuition in the schs i mentioned is much better than wot i wld av paid if i wanted to study the same course in the uk. i guess we just need to do more research and find out wot suits us better.
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by collinsfbi(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2010
@collinsfbi : wanted to apply to sweden but hrd they are introducing the payment of tuition by 2011. well, maybe i shd give it a try and nt put all ma eggs in one basket. the tuition in the schs i mentioned is much better than wot i wld av paid if i wanted to study the same course in the uk. i guess we just need to do more research and find out wot suits us better.
mascara, You are right, Sweden is introducing application fee and tuition by 2011 and the application fee alone is abt 11K (naira) though I don't an insight into their tuition structure yet but Sweden too is hard when it comes to Visa processing because of the money they require in applicants' personal account which many find difficult to produce and since they are introducing tuition now, it will also make it more difficult to get their Study permit but no tuition applicable yet to the one I applied for. Concerning UK issue, personally I like UK and I have family members there but their tuition is exorbitant and I can't afford it and that is why I my uncle in UK personally advice me to applied to Memorial in Canada. No matter what, I believe we will smile at the end of it all, so , just place your hope in God.
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by mascara(f): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2010
collinsfbi
Amen o! we shall smile at the end! Thanx! so did u apply for winter summer or autumn admission in memorial newfoudland?
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by collinsfbi(m): 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2010
collinsfbi
Amen o! we shall smile at the end! Thanx! so did u apply for winter summer or autumn admission in memorial newfoudland?
I applied for Falll semester (note that they operate 3 semesters in a yr) and their resumption is sometime in May 2011.
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by mascara(f): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2010
ok no prob! thanx and all d best!
Re: Msc In Canada/dernmark by etejoe: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2010
pls House , i have been looking for this information for months now , thank God gor this forum,i want to do msc in human resiurce management in canada, dont have a school in mind yet but have the same amount 2 mill. kindly help me with info as regards residing in canada to work once completion, y e-mail is doublejforreal@yahoo.com. Thank you In anticipation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja/nyanya Keffi Road Accident, What Is The Necessary Solution. / Ghastly Motor Accident Along Kubwa-gwarinpa Express Road Now (photos) / 10 Insanely Luxurious Things You'll See In Dubai :-*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.