Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere (1307 Views)

Every Writer Needs Premium Grammarly And Quillbot..... Check Trend For Details / Every Aspiring Writer Needs These Tips / What is the difference between English literature and literature in English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by Lleigh(f): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
HI guys,

I hope someone can help me.

I am in the middle of writing my next book and I need some help smiley

I remember growing up and hear people would say Bleep cleaned that room very fast she must have egbe?
I found out that meant the person had sprit people as companions that stayed with them.
Does that mean the person is actually an emere?

Or what is the distinction between the two?

And would you say both are different to ghosts.

Thank you in advance
Re: A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by erifeoluwasimi(f): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
Lleigh:
HI guys,

I remember growing up and hear people would say Bleep cleaned that room very fast she must have egbe?
I found out that meant the person had sprit people as companions that stayed with them.

Thank you in advance
Egbe is the Yoruba name for all kinds of group
In this context , emere is a type of supernatural group that are believed to live in the middle of the earth and heaven. So an emere is an elegbe but not all elegbe is emere.
That is we have abiku egbe, ogbanje, etc
But emere is believed to be the most powerful. They say emere loko oso, emere loko aje
They don't have ewo so they hard to conquer.
Unlike aje and epo obo.

2 Likes

Re: A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by Lleigh(f): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
Egbe is the Yoruba name for all kinds of group
In this context , emere is a type of supernatural group that are believed to live in the middle of the earth and heaven. So an emere is an elegbe but not all elegbe is emere.
That is we have abiku egbe, ogbanje, etc
But emere is believed to be the most powerful. They say emere loko oso, emere loko aje
They don't have ewo so they hard to conquer.
Unlike aje and epo obo.

Thank you for responding, what is ewo please.
I don't know epo obo means.

Thank you
Re: A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by erifeoluwasimi(f): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2019
Lleigh:

Thank you for responding, what is ewo please.
I don't know epo obo means.

Thank you
Eeeewo 'aiwo' is the group taboo , what you do to defeat them.
Aje (witch) do not eat epo obo 'aipo orbor' for easy pronouncing.
Meaning bark of obo tree

1 Like

Re: A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by Lleigh(f): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:

Eeeewo 'aiwo' is the group taboo , what you do to defeat them.
Aje (witch) do not eat epo obo 'aipo orbor' for easy pronouncing.
Meaning bark of obo tree

Thank you, this has really helped.

1 Like

Re: A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by Adesina12: 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
Lleigh:
HI guys,

Thank you in advance

Egbe is charm for disappearing anytime, while emere is wizard, that’s a male witch
Sweet popcorn for you

1 Like

Re: A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by Lleigh(f): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2019
Adesina12:

Egbe is charm for disappearing anytime, while emere is wizard, that’s a male witch
Sweet popcorn for you

Adesina12 good day to you o. Long time

1 Like

Re: A NL Writer Needs Help On The Difference Between Egbe And Emere by Adesina12: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2019
Lleigh:

Adesina12 good day to you o. Long time

Same same to you dear
You are the one left us and when came back you forget to mention us in your posts
Hope you are fine!
It is well
Sweet popcorn for you dear grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ADESUWA (the Love Story) / Communicators League / DECEITFUL-TRUTH / Competent Writers Needed For Long Term Engagement (pay N3 Per Word)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.