Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) (49901 Views)

Lady Remanded In Kirikiri Prison For Assaulting Police Officer (Photos) / Jean Codo Dies In Kirikiri Prison / "My Refusal To Have Sex Landed Me In Kirikiri"; Lady Arrested By Police. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Goovo(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
nams77:
Something is not adding up in this story. Didn't she do a bvn? Wasn't her picture on the mandate in the said bank? Somebody is not telling the truth.

This calls for forensic investigation and if the woman is right, her balance should be restored by the bank and compensstion paid for her incarceration.
The story is not adding up
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Braw(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
? ? ? disclose the bank pls
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Braw(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
? ? ? disclose the bank pls
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by pek(m): 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
Why withhold the name of the bank?
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Exodora: 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
nams77:
Something is not adding up in this story. Didn't she do a bvn? Wasn't her picture on the mandate in the said bank? Somebody is not telling the truth.

This calls for forensic investigation and if the woman is right, her balance should be restored by the bank and compensstion paid for her incarceration.

I know oooo , the story get k leg .
Your BVN links every of your account, so I really don't know the fu#k he is saying here.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by naijapunters(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
This country is a zoo republic... So painful and so annoying keeping her in jail for the period of time.. God will expose the bank that did it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by romeorailss: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Why are they protecting the bank's identity?

That's to tell u . U shouldn't take the story serious . A bank does such a grave act and y still cover them up and claim u fighting for the woman . Stupid rubbish . Next page abeg ! angry

1 Like

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Goovo(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
saintokwuluora:
A case of man's Inhumanity to a fellow man as someone took advantage of her handicapp to loot her money and send her to prison as a cover up. The culprit needs to be found out.
if u read the story, u will know it doesn't add up, they are not telling the full story
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by jchioma: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
See, I believe this story.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by romeorailss: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
And you refused to name the bank? why so?

That's to tell u . U shouldn't take the story serious . A bank does such a grave act and y still cover them up and claim u fighting for the woman . Stupid rubbish . Next page abeg ! angry
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by psalmylee: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
were is that guy that is always looking for his dog.tell him I found it in baba Friday's pot
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by icyed: 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
its very simple

first of all serve the bank mgt a court notice and also notifying them of petition being sent to the igp incase the SAID man wanna play funny

then come with a better favourable terms with him.cuz if you go through a normal legal procedure....mehn na naija b dis...the matter fit be oyo tinx o.

best of luck.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Aystarz: 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Why are they protecting the bank's identity?

As if you don't know our press over here is good for just one single thing - exposing the victim whilst protecting the villain.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
He no fit pass frstb**nk. If you agree press like biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by backnbeta(f): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
Her speech defect prolly caused the name error in the first place...sorry
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Rita30: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
That must be firstbank
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by raphy(m): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
this is called day light robbery from a Nigerian bank.
they must give her her money. she must get her money back. useless people. ole bank
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by figoperch: 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
pocohantas:
Yawns...

No bank will arrest her for such nonsense.
Name change is very common.

Did she do BVN?
Whose name and picture was on it?

So, Rosemary abi Roseline that has almost a million in her account, couldn't get her name right?

When opening the account, what ID did she use? Because it doesn't seem like a Tier1 acct, considering her supposed balance. That is me assuming she has been running the acct.

At least someone must/should have done KYC on the acct.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by don4real18(m): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
If the bank is mentioned and I have an account with them, I will close it down with immediate effect. Crooks
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Exodora: 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2019
Bankers and thievery this days , that is how I went to one shops to buy something two weeks ago then I overheard one woman lamenting and narrating to the people there that she received an alert of over #400 being deducted from her account so she went straight to the bank to inform them about the alert only for them to refuse to check if truly its real.
So she called someone that she knows that works in another branch to help her check and the person discovers that is real , she was surprise how it happened all they said to her was that she made the withdraw at so so place . According to her , she said she has never heard about the place before neither does she know the place could it be in her dream.
According to her she has been using the account since her undergraduate level up til her PhD level cause she deposit money in the account and closes it back just for her education alone.
I only told her to get herself a lawyer and sue the bank to be frank bankers are thief's.
That is how I went to bank to withdraw yesterday oooo , I met one of the bankers outside making a call , according to him he was telling someone on the phone that all the withdraw people made the previous day that he didn't receive any notification probably due to network or so and he does not know what to do, so I immediately I stepped in to the ATM vault, he directed me on the ATM I should use so as I went there a spirit told me not to use that particular one that I should use the one next which people has just finished with cos I don't know if he has inserted his ATM there looking for whom to use and pay the lost money , so I left and he came in asking me why I didn't use the one he asked me to use and I told him that the one he asked me to use is not working. Many of them are thief's.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by ussv: 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2019
nams77:

My brother, God bless you for looking at it critically and analytically. Perhaps that is even why they are afraid to mention the bank involved. Something is really not adding up .
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
Which one is eg Rosaline and Rosemary?
What was the former name and the one on the affidavit? What does she need an affidavit for when security men help with the ATM?

Bank's name withheld and they want people to contribute money for her. Is it with the same bank account or whose account?

I remember a case at 1st Bank one day when someone walked majestically into the bank to obtain a new ATM card to his brother's account.He said the account belonged to him but the card is lost. Unfortunately for him, he had an ID card on his neck, only the surnames were the same. He started proving rights that all the names belong to him, he chooses anyone to use at random. He was asked to leave for his own good, but I felt he should have been arrested.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by pocohantas(f): 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
figoperch:

At least someone must/should have done KYC on the acct.

No mind them.

Even if it started off as a Tier 1 account, at the point when she exceeded its cumulative balance limit, she would have being notified to do an upgrade. Seeing that she is an illiterate, she would be advised on what to do, even writing it out exactly how it reflects on her BVN.

Now, lets assume she opened a Tier3 account. To effect a name change, doesn't she need a valid ID that will show the CORRECT name? Because the ID previously captured in the KYC won't suffice.

Make them mention the bank na.
Useless journalism.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Which bar beach The one that is now eko atlantic or wat
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by tunjilee003: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
so, saving money in The Bank isn't a right decision again.. only if she can afford to get a competent lawyer she can get little of her money back
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Viking007(m): 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
nams77:

That is if the entire story is true.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by advocate666: 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ishilove:
This is outrageous. The bank should be dragged to court for stealing and making this poor woman suffer unjustly.

Ishi my love, calm down.

When one is as mentally deficient as this woman to the extent that she doesn't know her own name, she should have gotten someone to take care of her instead of going around opening bank accounts like a CEO.

Morever, where are her family members? She no get family?

Then for now, we have heard only one side of the story. We haven't heard the bank's or police's story.

If banks start handing millions of naira to any mad person that walks in with an affidavit, they'll be out of business.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Papertrail11(m): 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
where are our lawyers

my lord my lord

The english or modern way of dispyte resolution is faulty why pay someone to help u defend yourself in court and you only get to anseer questions not even state your case.

When i was young watching Nollywood and two folks have problem in a commu ity a group of 6-7 elders will sit delibrate on matters involving communal disputies between two parties in beet solving a matter. They may even go to shrine to swear to Ogun to best judge the matter.

But the english court system is time wasting, adjournments here and there, costly.

Lawyers in Nigeria should burry themselves in shame over that shit they call a proffesion

Look at so many folks locked up without trial and you all as a collective cant do anything about it

spits on your faces
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by mchc1001: 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
Some Nigeria Bankers are thief's, i have an account with Zenith Bank, and i got an alert on my email that my account have been dormant that i have to reactivate my account before i can use it, been that i am outside Nigeria i was able to download the reactivating form through Zenith Bank website, after filling the form i sent it to zenith Customer email address ( zenithdirect@zenithbank.com ) requesting that they reactivate my account, to my greatest surprise below is the message i received from (Toyeebat Folorunsho) with indemnity document which i also attached here asking me to sign the indemnity and return, then i ask myself what does reactivating my account got to do with this Indemnity, and going through the Indemnity document it was very clear to me that by signing this indemnity anybody can transfer money out of my account without my knowledge. Please everybody can read this Indemnity documents and tell me if it has any thing to do with reactivating of account.

Am calling on Zenith Bank Nigeria to question this guy ( Toyeebat Folorunsho ), for me i think that this is how this guy is been stealing uneducated ones their money.

I wanted to report this guy but i don't know how to contact Zenith bank Nigeria complaint department.

I hope that zenith bank management will read this message
========================

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your mail to ZenithDirect.

Kindly be informed you will be required to fill the indemnity form attached and scan back with a valid means of identification to enable us forward for processing.

Should you need further assistance or clarification, do not hesitate to reach us on +234 1 278 7000, 292 7000, 464 7000, 0700ZENITHBANK and zenithdirect@zenithbank.com.

Thank you for choosing Zenith Bank and do have a nice day.

Regards,

Toyeebat Folorunsho

ZenithDirect
| Zenith Bank Plc
Plot 292D, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Nigeria.
+234 1 2787000, 2927000, 4647000,
0700ZENITHBANK
www.zenithbank.com

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by luluosas(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2019
This is terrible. i feel her pain
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by yemluc: 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
....Big Fallacy. Kindly investigate thoroughly bfr dragging bank into this.....Banks in Nigeria aren't that reckless and wicked. They dare not, knowing fully well the cost of injustice.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Malawian(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ishilove:
This is outrageous. The bank should be dragged to court for stealing and making this poor woman suffer unjustly.
Hope it is not Innoson Trust Bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The Woman Who Set Husband On Fire & The Man On Hospital Bed / Sodomy And Cannibalism In Kuje College Exposed By 6-year-old Pupil / Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.