Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal (30645 Views)

Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community / Flight Took Off In 2018 And Arrived Destination In 2017 / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by xyz123456: 5:36am On Jun 20, 2019
drakeli:
I hope all of you shouting China China! China People too dey hungry. Hunger dey for China.Millions of Chinese wan japa enter America.

Abi, how China come top the chart. The same way they top the chart of people giving birth in America for citizenship.
The other day, Na one Chinese dey enter through Mexico boarder
This is true. This is what I have been saying. The best Chinese Engineers & Researchers are in the US/ wish to enter the US. China cannot even keep their best talents. So guys shouting China has taken over does not know America. The fact they are doing well in 5G does not mean they have taken over. So, If Porto wins the Champions League, it means they are bigger than Real Madrid??

3 Likes

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by goodnewsbabe: 5:51am On Jun 20, 2019
overlord77:

The US embassy has refuted this and claim its fake news. Check this

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/us-embassy-denies-banning-student-visa-for-nigerians/bspevq2
Is that the reality?
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Donte101: 5:56am On Jun 20, 2019
kennygee:
I heard of a man who got denied for the weirdest reason.

The guy is married and wanted visa to the US for 15 days to attend some conferences.

They asked oga who will take cars of his family if he's away, oga said "my wife is a banker, she can take care of things while I'm away".

Na why them deny the guy be that.

That is not any weakest reason. Everybody knows that bankers do not have time In Nigeria. He should have said that we have a nanny who look after the kids for us when we go to work. However, in most cases, simple things are hard to remember during a one minute interview.

3 Likes

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Duggedised12(f): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2019
linearity:
If you look at percentages of Nigerian non immigrant visitors in 2015, 2016, 2017, who refuse to return back to Nigeria after their visitation; you will find that the number keep increasing, hence the corresponding increase in denials.

When prior non immigrant visitors refuse to honor their obligations and return back to Nigeria, the embassy not only tracks it and take notice; they also use those feedbacks to re-evaluate their visa process...e.g. the story or ‘packaging’ trend that led to a visa issuance in 2017 but have high non-return rate, will make the embassy to start questioning the intentions of those with the same ‘packaging’ who they are interviewing in 2018.
I think this is the real reason. The people that had the opportunity to travel went there and were bad ambassadors.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by andrew444(m): 6:15am On Jun 20, 2019
linearity:
If you look at percentages of Nigerian non immigrant visitors in 2015, 2016, 2017, who refuse to return back to Nigeria after their visitation; you will find that the number keep increasing, hence the corresponding increase in denials.

When prior non immigrant visitors refuse to honor their obligations and return back to Nigeria, the embassy not only tracks it and take notice; they also use those feedbacks to re-evaluate their visa process...e.g. the story or ‘packaging’ trend that led to a visa issuance in 2017 but have high non-return rate, will make the embassy to start questioning the intentions of those with the same ‘packaging’ who they are interviewing in 2018.

Thank you for this

The reason why it's now hard for Nigerians to get into the US is because of the high rate of illegal immigrants

They travel to the states they break the rules and they overstay their visa ,I am not trying to blame anyone because I can't judge

But they are always quick to criticize others people who commit crimes in the US,but they don't see overstaying of visa as an offence ,they are the cause of this issue ,overstaying your visa in another man country is a crime .

1 Like

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by internationalman(m): 6:44am On Jun 20, 2019
wink
LyfeJennings:

Chinese Visa is 750,000 for virgin passports and a little around 500k for frequent travellers. U know what, China would never give U visa except U go through these agents (confirm gists, even the guys in corporate sector use these agents). & u say Nigerians don't go to China.
yeah Nigerians go to China, but only when they've been denied American visa..

Just go to Chinese embassy and American embassy and see for yourself...
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by internationalman(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2019
Zane2point4:

Are you for real, almost the whole successful business men in the east goes to china, do ur research well.
you are saying different thing
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Jaqenhghar: 6:53am On Jun 20, 2019
Mustsucceed:

You know the funny thing ? Most of you who pass comments on u.s have never even visited ....you get on site to type trash like u.s is the final.. If you do travel or have stayed there you won't be typing this nonsense

I won't even bother arguing with you .travel and get enlightened
.you havent answered the question you are telling us about travel and NO. Nowhere did I say US is the ultimate. You said something ridiculous and Im asking how. You cant come here typing BS amd expect us to just accept it. If you wont explain STFU and GTFOH
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Jaqenhghar: 6:53am On Jun 20, 2019
0taPiaPia:

Bro they actually did... And that's fact.
What Fact? Please explain.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Magnifico2000: 6:58am On Jun 20, 2019
9jvirgin:
I have been to about 6 Redeem Church Parishes here in Indianapolis to meet up with my clients and close deals and the multitude of Nigerians I see in those Parishes makes me wonder if there is anyone left in Nigeria. This is just Indiana o, Imagine the number of Nigerians you will see in Chicago, Atlanta, New York, Dallas and Maryland grin grin grin YOU GO FEAR!

But they are now wiser; any Nigerian that pays for U.S Visa fee in 2019 is like throwing money into the Ocean.
My vousin was just denied visa three days ago. So painful
For no just tangible reason.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by olawale780: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2019
cucumbae:
You deny an applicant a visa without refunding his money back.And the applicant reapply and the same issue happens.That is dubious.
i think you really need to go throw their T&C b4 applying, they force u?
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks to those Sick bastard that call themselves Yahoo boys.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Efegoma(m): 7:19am On Jun 20, 2019
Trump at work. Nigerians should sanction the US for this visa denial
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2019
olawale780:
i think you really need to go throw their T&C b4 applying, they force u?
You seems to be a travel agent who fleec visa applicants of their money.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by princemeadow(m): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2019
kennygee:

The guy is married and wanted visa to the US for 15 days to attend some conferences.

They asked oga who will take cars of his family if he's away, oga said "my wife is a banker, she can take care of things while I'm away".

Bankers are always busy at work.So who will take care of the house really?
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by West2019(m): 7:34am On Jun 20, 2019
Iyajelili:

Don't go and die o
is saying the gospel truth which one be say don't go nd die
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 20, 2019
cucumbae:
You deny an applicant a visa without refunding his money back.And the applicant reapply and the same issue happens.That is dubious.
Dem suppose sue dem self...
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by olawale780: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2019
cucumbae:
You seems to be a travel agent who fleec visa applicants of their money.
i dnt need to b a travel agent, its a common sense thing. its so funny that people still pay agents to fill DS-160 form for them.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 20, 2019
kennygee:

That was a trick question. The appropriate answer would have been "My wife would take care of the family"; "My wife is a banker" implies that she would financially provide for the family, which then brings up the question of if the guy would be coming back since he would have hands off taking care of his family's financial needs.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2019
Bagehot:

That was a trick question. The appropriate answer would have been "My wife would take care of the family"; "My wife is a banker" implies that she would financially provide for the family, which then brings up the question of if the guy would be coming back since he would have hands off taking care of his family's financial needs.

Americans don't want you to say "your wife will take care of the family". I was told that what they needed him to say was " I have made so so and so deposit available for my wife to take care of the family. She has access to all my accounts, signed cheques books as well as my ATM cards and pin".

1 Like

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 20, 2019
kennygee:

Americans don't want you to say "your wife will take care of the family". I was told that what they needed him to say was " I have made so so and so deposit available for my wife to take care of the family. She has access to all my accounts, signed cheques books as well as my ATM cards and pin".

I agree.
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Rolly22(m): 8:38am On Jun 20, 2019
magicminister:

Shut up

The politicians and the elites that have continuously destroyed this country are never denied visas. They empower us to kill ourselves while they send their wards abroad. They get malaria they fly abroad but not a single functional WORLD STANDARD PUBLIC hospital in NIGERIA. Please just keep quiet... the people that’s gonna bear the brunt of any unfavorable immigration policy are the masses.

So true
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 20, 2019
junkiesneverdie:
you people just here arguing nonsense did you notice that they didn't state how many people were denied..
go to VI any day you are free and see the numbers of Nigerians queuing up from early morning till afternoon for their interview
if American embassy would not issue people visa if they choose to deny people visa they should also make refund of people's money.

Nigeria also surprisingly rejects a lot of visa applications (on mostly unreasonable grounds) - does Nigeria refund the visa fees?

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1016253/gates-refused-entry-nigeria

https://www..com/talk/topic,67904.0.html
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Skodiswayze(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2019
Obviously thats a reasonable reason to deny him visa
That simply means he doesn't have strong ties with his home country
He's simply telling the consular he might not come back home since theres a finacially buoyant wife that can take care of the family while he's away for years...
O fe ja pa

kennygee:

Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2019
9jvirgin:
I have been to about 6 Redeem Church Parishes here in Indianapolis to meet up with my clients and close deals and the multitude of Nigerians I see in those Parishes makes me wonder if there is anyone left in Nigeria. This is just Indiana o, Imagine the number of Nigerians you will see in Chicago, Atlanta, New York, Dallas and Maryland grin grin grin YOU GO FEAR!

But they are now wiser; any Nigerian that pays for U.S Visa fee in 2019 is like throwing money into the Ocean.

lmao
cheesy cheesy

they are fleeing a failed state
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2019
Iyajelili:
Commendable!!! Maybe when every country denies us Visa we would start focusing on country more and work together for her betterment

you really think in its present state, NiggerArea can actually be repaired reasonably?

with the high rate of illiteracy and ignorance and small thinking in that space?

lmao cheesy cheesy grin

tell me a country with high illiteracy, high ignorance, barbaric practices and religious zealots aplenty in this world that became a developed country tongue
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Omeizadean(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2019
If all Nigerians are like me US embassy will soon run out of business. They hate nigeria guts and re only here to milk hapless Nigerians daily of their hard earned money...imagine some interviewing session with Visa seekers don't last more than 20 second and u can't ask for ur money back haba!
It was worse before but this Doughnut looking old fart president of theirs have make it even much worse... I rather go somewhere Europe or East..
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Iam telling you ..Nigerians still have no idea on the power we have. Dubai felt our impact in 2015/2016

U.s its the biggest PR machine ..what you see on TV is different from reality .....reality is shocking and they hide a lot of things .

if Nigerians know what is going on in Nigeria
the country would have burnt to ashes long time ago

do you know what this current govt is hiding?
especially the war efforts in borno?

The list of attacks since 2015 were listed by a British guy in the house of lords, with accurate dates and all that (apparently from British intelligence)

Most of it was not reported in Nigerian media

what does that tell you?
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Iyajelili(f): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2019
Ugosample:

you really think in its present state, NiggerArea can actually be repaired reasonably?

with the high rate of illiteracy and ignorance and small thinking in that space?

lmao cheesy cheesy grin

tell me a country with high illiteracy, high ignorance, barbaric practices and religious zealots aplenty in this world that became a developed country tongue

It looks impossible because of the reasons you listed above and some others too but we can start somewhere, like agriculture which "illiterates" can do perfectly well due to their in-depth knowledge of it. We can tackle one problem after the other
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2019
Omeizadean:
If all Nigerians are like me US embassy will soon run out of business. They hate nigeria guts and re only here to milk hapless Nigerians daily of their hard earned money...imagine some interviewing session with Visa seekers don't last more than 20 second and u can't ask for ur money back haba!
It was worse before but this Doughnut looking old fart president of theirs have make it even much worse... I rather go somewhere Europe or East..

you really think America cares about NIGERIANS going to the USA?

sometimes Nigerians and Africans in general over estimate their importance.

This is a country wity 41 million foreign born residents
Re: Visa Denials For Nigerians Increased In 2018​ - US Data Reveal by Ugosample(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Iyajelili:

It looks impossible because of the reasons you listed above and some others too but we can start somewhere, like agriculture which "illiterates" can do perfectly well due to their in-depth knowledge of it. We can tackle one problem after the other

"illiterates" can do mechanized agriculture very well? lmao cheesy cheesy

I like your optimism tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Woman Who Drowned After Car Plunged Into Lagos Lagoon Was Pregnant / Tanker Explosion On Kara Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Road: LRU & Fire Service Attacked / Pilot Flying With Expired Medical Certificate Loses Licence In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.