Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes (40936 Views)

Top5 Forbes Richest Men Who Don’t Live Like They Worth Billions / Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Unlimitk2(m): 1:44am On Jun 20, 2019
5 Young African Millionaires To Watch out for
Meet 5 remarkable African entrepreneurs, all aged 45 and under, who have built 8 and 9-figure fortunes.

Mohammed Hamid, Ugandan

One of Uganda’s most successful young entrepreneurs, Mohammed Hamid, 42, is the founder of the Aya Group, a $650 million (annual revenues) conglomerate with interests in mining, milling, food manufacturing, commodity trading, transportation, agriculture, biscuits manufacturing, bakeries, and luxury real estate. Last year, Aya Group launched Pearl Of Africa, a landmark 5-star hotel in Kampala which cost hundreds of millions of dollars to build. Aya Group in the process of constructing a $4 billion industrial park in Uganda.

Niyi Makanjuola, Nigerian

38-year-old Nigerian serial entrepreneur Adeniyi Makanjuola has built a range of businesses across the aviation, oil & gas, environmental utilities, energy and the financial sectors. After acquiring his M.Sc in Urban Planning and Development from the University College London in 2002, he returned to Nigeria where he founded Caverton Helicopters – a charter, shuttle and maintenance company that he set up to bridge the gap in Nigeria’s onshore helicopter service sector. Today, Caverton Helicopters owns the single largest fleet of ultra modern helicopters operating in Sub Saharan Africa with an 80% market share in Nigeria. His Raven Resources Group is one of the largest traders of petroleum products in Africa, and he sits on the board of Visionscape – Nigeria’s largest environmental utility company.

Ali-shah Jivraj, Ugandan

Jivraj, a 32-year-old third generation Asian-Ugandan entrepreneur, is the founder and CEO of Royal Electronics, a $10 million (annual revenues) Ugandan company that assembles and distributes electronic home appliances such as Television sets, radios, speakers, and DVD players. He also owns a real estate firm which is owns residential apartments in two of Kampala’s most expensive residential areas, and he is setting up a battery manufacturing plant in the country of Burundi, in Southeast Africa.

Kevin Okyere, Ghanaian

Kevin Okyere, 38, is the founder of Springfield Group, a $1 billion (annual revenues) multi- faceted Ghanaian energy behemoth. Springfield Group is involved in trading and transporting hydrocarbons, terminalling and storage, gas stations, and oil exploration. The company owns an 82% interest in the West Cape Three Points Block 2 offshore Ghana (WCTP2) which was previously owned by Tullow Oil and Kosmos Energy.

Ronald Karauri, Kenyan

Ronald Karauri, 40, is a co-founder and CEO of Sportpesa, one of the Africa’s largest online sport betting platforms. Sportpesa has operations in Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, the Isle of Man and the UK and annual revenues of more than $120 million. Karauri owns 6% of the company.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2018/09/07/5-young-african-millionaires-to-watch/amp/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Realist5: 6:06am On Jun 20, 2019
I will keep working hard. I am sure one day I will also be known, listed and recognised as a Billionaire, care giver, job creator and as a Philanthropist. Amen.

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Naijaguy12345(m): 6:06am On Jun 20, 2019
The Nigerian man on the list is a very smart man . He’s into helicopter charter and shuttle. That kind of business he’s bound to mix and mingle with the super rich, affluent and foreigner, thereby making cool connections and expanding into other kind of businesses.

Your products and the class of customers that patronize you sometimes shape your future.

About 15 plus years ago I was an errand boy for someone who work at the British embassy. He’s into underground visa moves but doesn’t want to be the one to meet people face to face just to protect his job. So he does the talking on the phone and when it comes to money he trusted me to handle it with clients documentation and information exchange. (Learned a lot from him)

I can not imagined how many super rich Nigerian I met in the process. Bank executives, high rank military men , state executives , big time politicians etc. Most of the men want to collect visa for their girlfriends so they can take her with them on London vacation. They don’t have problem getting a visa but the girlfriend does therefore they needed someone with deeper knowledge and guarantee. Some women needed visa for their nanny , their mother and some for their secret toy boy etc.

A bank director needed for his mother in-law and about 3 in-laws who were refused before, my man gave them assurances he’s the best , I went to directors house to pick up the in-laws passport and documents. I nearly fainted when I saw powerful documents from the director. I got home, made copies of the Uk invitation letter to include my name, inserted my name in the directors letter to the embassy, kept 2 of his powerful bank statements for my self got a different drop box envelope include my international passport, include a fake student ID card and fake letter from school. Submitted the application Dropbox and after 1 week 2 years visa was on my passport and when I went to collect the other ones they were all granted. I simply kept this to myself.

Please don’t ask for this connection, my man moved to USA years back .

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by tunwumi: 6:06am On Jun 20, 2019
Booekd

1 Like

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by David008: 6:06am On Jun 20, 2019
Ok
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Emmyk(m): 6:07am On Jun 20, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by kaymart: 6:07am On Jun 20, 2019
Good for them...
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Jestin: 6:07am On Jun 20, 2019
Baba God, let my name be in first five in few years to come

4 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by STARKACE(m): 6:07am On Jun 20, 2019
My name ain't there. Oh, I forgot, I made the billionaire's list.

3 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by tyson98: 6:08am On Jun 20, 2019
Very soon i will join the list
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by RawNatural: 6:08am On Jun 20, 2019
Like for real??
No photos, No much detail...and then I cant find my name on the list!
Oh...such crappy crappy list
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by carterguccy(m): 6:08am On Jun 20, 2019
We getting there!
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Reffone: 6:10am On Jun 20, 2019
God please pick up
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by lonelydora: 6:13am On Jun 20, 2019
One day, just one day, my name will be on Forbes list.
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2019
Good for them
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by 001spice: 6:18am On Jun 20, 2019
Realist5:
I will keep working hard. May be one day I may also be known and recognised as a Billionaire and as a Philanthropist. Amen.
AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by CanadaOrBust: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2019
Realist5:
I will keep working hard. May be one day I may also be known and recognised as a Billionaire and as a Philanthropist. Amen.

They didn’t get there by working hard. They got there by taking risk and being creative. Truck pushers work hard

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by symbianDON(m): 6:22am On Jun 20, 2019
the list is not complete. mompha and hushpuppi should be there grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Walexybobo(m): 6:22am On Jun 20, 2019
I am already there.
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Isoduwa(m): 6:23am On Jun 20, 2019
If Nigerian name Nor dey Ehen
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by andersyn: 6:23am On Jun 20, 2019
I'm inspired. They're young
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Chanchit: 6:24am On Jun 20, 2019
Anybody notice it's only the Nigerian guy they didn't estimate his fortune. It's no coincidence, if the guy didn't share the info, he knows what he's doing.

15 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Isoduwa(m): 6:24am On Jun 20, 2019
symbianDON:
the list is not complete. mompha and hushpuppi should be there grin

You think say na Gucci store you dey here

2 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Monaco2(m): 6:25am On Jun 20, 2019
Who else noticed that all the other guys made known their annual revenue except the Nigerian grin cheesy?!? We naija too dey hide our own, naso adenuga do until last year wen e come feel say e go get the spot of wealthiest African b4 e come give Forbes more details concerning his wealth that later took him to the second position in Africa cheesy, I’m very sure there are more new millionaires in naija but all of dem Dey hide grin

20 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by CanadaOrBust: 6:26am On Jun 20, 2019
lonelydora:
One day, just one day, my name will be on Forbes list.

Based on what? What will u invent? Just curious
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 20, 2019
Realist5:
Remove the "Maybe", comes across as uncertain... You'll get there ijn

7 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by shadeyinka(m): 6:28am On Jun 20, 2019
Let all Nigerian youth note:
As the man completed his M.Sc. his university gave him money that he invested wisely in Helicopter chapter business!? (Did I read it well?)

No one gave me any money to invest after my own master's degree, instead, I was busy repaying back the loan I took to complete my M.Sc project

Lesson:
Opportunities for Success in Life isn't shared equally: do your best and never Crucify yourself over opportunities you never had.

Niyi Makanjuola, Nigerian

38-year-old Nigerian serial entrepreneur Adeniyi Makanjuola has built a range of businesses across the aviation, oil & gas, environmental utilities, energy and the financial sectors. After acquiring his M.Sc in Urban Planning and Development from the University College London in 2002, he returned to Nigeria where he founded Caverton Helicopters – a charter, shuttle and maintenance company that he set up to bridge the gap in Nigeria’s onshore helicopter service sector. Today, Caverton Helicopters owns the single largest fleet of ultra modern helicopters operating in Sub Saharan Africa with an 80% market share in Nigeria. His Raven Resources Group is one of the largest traders of petroleum products in Africa, and he sits on the board of Visionscape – Nigeria’s largest environmental utility company.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:28am On Jun 20, 2019
That helicopter guy wey won kill vice presido

2 Likes

Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by CanadaOrBust: 6:28am On Jun 20, 2019
Walexybobo:
I am already there.

No u r not. Where is your name?
Re: Five New African Millionaires To Watch Out For By Forbes by Sarolaj2010(m): 6:31am On Jun 20, 2019
Very soon my own name will be include

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B-lord Acquires New Range Rover (Photo) / The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks / SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.