Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,789 members, 7,806,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) (34094 Views)

"Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St / The New Face Of Oyingbo BRT Park - Photos / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by nereushouse(m): 3:40am On Jun 20, 2019
I came to Jos for a short Business trip, so I have decided to sojourn in the City for a couple of days to have a good tourism visits to the beautiful sites of the City.

My first escapade was to the Jos Wildlife Park. I have never been to a Park nor a Zoo hithertho. I decided to visit the Jos Wildlife Park due to its closeness to where I was staying.

I went to the Park excitedly hoping for a beautiful adventure. I paid the compulsory fee sum of N200 for Adults entering to the Park.

Then, I walked straight down to where the animals were caged. Going in, the areas looked so unkept and bushy. Getting to the cages of the animals I discovered most of the cages were either empty or you find skinny animals in the shadow of it selves.
The first animals were two very hungry Ostriches then, l saw an animal looking like a little Tiger looking so hungry, very close to it was a Jackal, it looked so skinny that I wondered the kind of creature it was.
Moving forward, I saw an Elephant being fed by some tourists.

When I got to the cages of Apes, Oh my God. They were so hungry that they were begging for food and edible items from visitors. I saw people throwing all manner of food items at them as food, there were three gorrilas there. The monkeys too looked so hungry and unkept that I thought they were pussy cats. Damn!!
I went to other areas of the Park, I found more empty cages and hungry looking animals.
I felt so disappointed, not even a Staff around the cages to guide people around the Park. Apart form the staff I met at the Entrance gate, I didn't see any other staff inside the Park.

I hereby call on Plateau state Government to do something about the Park or better still convert it to something else.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by nereushouse(m): 3:43am On Jun 20, 2019
Gorilla and Elephant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by nereushouse(m): 3:46am On Jun 20, 2019
Ostriches and Relaxation Tree shade

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by chukwuibuipob: 4:01am On Jun 20, 2019
shocked sad sadThey shud free those anima3 asap.Thank God.the Tiger,Ape,Gorilla nor attack U.Those kidnappers, rapist, thieves shud be cast there .What a shame

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by nereushouse(m): 4:17am On Jun 20, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
shocked sad sadThey shud free those anima3 asap.Thank God.the Tiger,Ape,Gorilla nor attack U.Those kidnappers, rapist, thieves shud be cast there .What a shame
Seriously, that's why I couldn't go close to the animals to have good pictures.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by chukwuibuipob: 4:30am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:

Seriously, that's why I couldn't go close to the animals to have good pictures.
This is animals cruelty..Allow Kenya to manage this park in 6 months,u'll see change .What a waste

51 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by daddytime(m): 4:36am On Jun 20, 2019
Looking at them caged and still breathing, you might think they are lucky to have at least escaped premature death from the hands of hungry humans, unlike their free-range counterparts.

But believe me, theirs is even worse because they'd be made a show of, extorted, not well tended to, and would eventually succumb or even get killed by the same humans.

A very cruel way to be an animal in a zoo.

Didn't you see a lion, the size of an ekuke begging visitors for bread?

39 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by chiommy123(f): 5:27am On Jun 20, 2019
Hunger dey everywhere human beings never eat na animals wan come eat

15 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by CosmicPhoenix: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2019
The monkeys too looked so hungry and unkept that I thought they were pussy cats. Damn!!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by nereushouse(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2019
daddytime:
Looking at them caged and still breathing, you might think they are lucky to have at least escaped premature death from the hands of hungry humans, unlike their free-range counterparts.

But believe me, theirs is even worse because they'd be made a show of, extorted, not well tended to, and would eventually succumb or even get killed by the same humans.

A very cruel way to be an animal in a zoo.

Didn't you see a lion, the size of an ekuke begging visitors for bread?
Brother, did u just say LION? I saw it. I didn't bother coming any inch closer talk of snapping it. I Love my LIFE. I saw the lion from afar with its bony looks. I didn't venture closer. Trust me.

19 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by daddytime(m): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:

Brother, did u just say LION? I saw it. I didn't bother coming any inch closer talk of snapping it. I Love my LIFE. I saw the lion from afar with its bony looks. I didn't venture closer. Trust me.

Haha..you for fear when Lion go speak pidgin ask you say 'bros how far, na so the next level wan be? Bros abeg even if na kpof kpof find me small make I lem. I no get teeth to even chop meat again. At all at all na him be winch pikin...'

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Babanlagenius: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2019
lol
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by tstx(m): 10:29am On Jun 20, 2019
Government never take care of citizens finish na caged animals they wan take care of.... They should just kukuma release those animals into the forest let them go and fend for themselves..

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568)

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by 111sunshine: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2019
The animals look unhealthy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by vincentjk(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2019
Wen the zoo staff never chop belle full na animal dem wan come dy give food?

Blike say u no b Nigerian sef

Btw, The cost of keeping these animals is kinda high

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by nauto11: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2019
I see
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by phenom666(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2019
Nigeria is indeed a zoo.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by bro4u: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2019
Visited Jos early this year so I had to stop by Jos wildlife park, I had extreme pity on the Lion(which of course my German Shepard is healthier than) and also the Elephant; take a good look at the elephant's skull in the pic and be sympathetic at how it has shrunk. Mbok God save those animals from the cruelty of humans

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
This is animals cruelly..Allow Kenya to manage this park in 6 months,u'll see change .What a waste

Exactly

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by mosho2good: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2019
The only time Nigerians read TERMS AND CONDITIONS is when there is a problem with the product/service

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Racoon(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2019
shocked The animals are also suffering the aftermath of the next level effect.Who don chop bellyfull to even remember to feed these poor animals?

Even the zookeepers themselves may have been corruptly enriching themselves with feeds meant for the animals.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by SOFTDRINK: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2019
I believe those lions are already eating yam and lemon grass by now, cos next level no sabi animal or human.

I hope the animals won't become depressed and start guzzling sniper.

17 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by barrypro: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2019
You can tell the elephant is depressed from the way it's looking at the wall.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by oloriooko(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:
I came to Jos for a short Business trip, so I have decided to sojourn in the City for a couple of days to have a good tourism visits to the beautiful sites of the City.

My first escapade was to the Jos Wildlife Park. I have never been to a Park nor a Zoo hithertho. I decided to visit the Jos Wildlife Park due to its closeness to where I was staying.

I went to the Park excitedly hoping for a beautiful adventure. I paid the compulsory fee sum of N200 for Adults entering to the Park.

Then, I walked straight down to where the animals were caged. Going in, the areas looked so unkept and bushy. Getting to the cages of the animals I discovered most of the cages were either empty or you find skinny animals in the shadow of it selves.
The first animals were two very hungry Ostriches then, l saw an animal looking like a little Tiger looking so hungry, very close to it was a Jackal, it looked so skinny that I wondered the kind of creature it was.

When I got to the cages of Apes, Oh my God. They were so hungry that they were begging for food and edible items from visitors. I saw people throwing all manner of food items at them as food, there were three gorrilas there. The monkeys too looked so hungry and unkept that I thought they were pussy cats. Damn!!
I went to other areas of the Park, I found more empty cages and hungry looking animals.
I felt so disappointed, not even a Staff around the cages to guide people around the Park. Apart form the staff I met at the Entrance gate, I didn't see any other staff inside the Park.

I hereby call on Plateau state Government to do something about the Park or better still convert it to something else.

OP Jos own better try FCT zoo you go vex and sue the authorities for animal abuse grin
Na Abuja zoo them keep goat inside cage for sighting grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2019
Why waste that precious N200. Something you would have used to buy suya. Going to any kind of site seeing anywhere in Nigeria is like going to the evil forest to fetch firewood. Next time advice yourself well.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by martineverest(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2019
hope gorilla won't swallow Ur ATM

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Raxxye(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2019
It's sad, but it's a true reflection of the state of virtually everything else in Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Princedapace(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2019
All they do is wait for oil money to be shared..

Any youth who doesnt believe and protest for the dissolution of this country is an enemy of the country itself.

If we had a system where states dont get any money from central govt, no one would go into government except he or she has something proper to offer and generate money for the state.

Nigeria is more useless than uselessness.

15 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by eogunbambi: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2019
Okay
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by FManager(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:

Wildlife is meant to be bushy, why it's like that because they want to make the animals feel at home. Tho u don't support caging them for a long time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Lady Leaped Into A River From A Speeding Boat In Lagos / Car Plunges Into Azumini River In Abia, 3 Dead. Graphic Pics / Air Peace Launches International Operations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.