Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom (25972 Views)

Ronaldinho Detained For Entering Paraguay With A Fake Passport (Photos) / Pogba's Reaction After Messi's Goal. The Look On His Face Is Epic! / Eagles Will Get N18M For Every Goal Not Replied – Aiteo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Peroh426: 8:33am On Jun 20, 2019
A real GOAT is the one who helps both his club and country,also succeed in any place he find himself. It's only one person I know of THIS------CR7

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by blackaxe78: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2019
Peroh426:
A real GOAT is the one who helps both his club and country,also succeed in any place he find himself. It's only one person I know of THIS------CR7
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by blackaxe78: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2019
Argentina should just sell Messi to Niger Republic.

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 8:37am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:
In life you can't have it all. Life itself is full of up and down moments. As great as Ronaldo Delima who won many trophies with Brazil including World Cup, he couldn't win the Champions League which players like Daniel sturridge won recently despite playing for almighty Madrid filled with super stars. Jay Jay okocha as good as he was never won the African footballer of the year award which fringe players like Adebayor and El-hadji diouf won.

Many of you trolling messi's predicament with Argentina are doing so due to high expectations and unimaginable standards he sets for himself. He's a victim of his brilliance no doubt but never forget winning trophies is not exclusive to a player effort. Football is a team sport but i wonder why you all blame messi when he has been unfortunate to be with paper weight team mates. An injured Ronaldo won the Euro cup due to the fighting spirit of the Portuguese players (credit to Eder) after Ronaldo led them to finals with his goals. Same as the recent nations league which guedes delivered and Bernardo silva emerged best player.

Ronaldo is the arrow head of the Portuguese team no doubt but his team mates deliver when he's not in charge, unlike messi whose team mates are big names on paper but play terribly despite his efforts to inspire them to glory. Higuain missed 3 decisive one on one chances against Germany in 2014 finals before gotze scored, chances fringe players like guedes and Eder converted to win Ronaldo the international trophies you all troll about. Everything in Argentine football must not be delivered by messi. It's a games of 11 players so why place the burden on only messi as if Portugal fields only Ronaldo against other teams? When Elder and guedes scored to win the trophy when it mattered most, you guys ignore their efforts and give all praises to Ronaldo. When Argentina team plays badly even if defenders scored own goal all blame goes to messi. Haba guys, what level of hypocrisy?

This is not to defend or absorb messi of his involvement in the failure of the Argentine's team to win a major afterall he missed a penalty against chile in previous Copa finals, but i think we are too harsh on him with unreasonable criticisms.

I hope Majority of you guys criticizing him have achieved all you desire in life? I hope there is nothing again you which to achieve or conquer? Can you have it all in life? No. Even Atiku with all his billions stills dreams of being a president. You can't have it all. Ronaldo is fortunate to be in a team with winning mentality, unlike messi. Despite all Cristiano Ronaldo has won in his career, he would also wish to have a world cup medal which players like Giroud won without scoring a goal. There is always something left to chase and achieve. Despite all this challenges It doesn't dispute the fact that messi is indeed amongst the greatest players to play the game.

Had he naturalized to spain like diego Costa during their golden era of winning euros and world cup, this debate of who the greatest is would have been buried. Even if Argentina wins this year's copa America, you Ronaldo fans will still troll messi to win another international trophy to match Ronaldo's two. Nothing messi does will ever satisfy you people.

He's a victim of his brillance. Simple

In as much as u tried to sound brilliant ... U still had sentiments written all over ur post... U Messi fans have trolled Ronaldo over the years... U Messi fans started the country challenge when Messi got to the final of the world cup ... U guys laughed at Ronaldo , saying he was disgraced in the same world cup , that he was knocked out in the group stage... U guys didn't remember them that it was a team sport... U didn't remember then that the Portuguese team was wack... After the trolls and loosing his balon d'Or to his eternal rival Messi... He took it up as a challenge and put in all efforts to win the Euros.. still, can u compare the Portuguese team to the Argentine national team... In the last WC , Portugal scored 6 goals , with Ronaldo scoring 4 goals... The same WC Argentina scored same 6 goals with Messi scoring just once and u will still blame the rest of the players... Y can't he showcase his Barca performance in Argentina... After all, he scored most of Barca's goals... When juventus were knocked out of the champions League, u guys trolled Ronaldo , tho he scored all 5goals that juve scored in the CL knock out stages, not knowing that Messi was gonna b disgraced by Liverpool...

Forget sentiments and b truthful... Ronaldo is actually the greatest football player of this era ... full stop

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by trustbaba(m): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2019
Andrewkinggg:

What were you saying again? Don't run oooo
And how has he proved that in national level... grin
What a Barca scam!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by zikter(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:
In life you can't have it all. Life itself is full of up and down moments. As great as Ronaldo Delima who won many trophies with Brazil including World Cup, he couldn't win the Champions League which players like Daniel sturridge won recently despite playing for almighty Madrid filled with super stars. Jay Jay okocha as good as he was never won the African footballer of the year award which fringe players like Adebayor and El-hadji diouf won.

Many of you trolling messi's predicament with Argentina are doing so due to high expectations and unimaginable standards he sets for himself. He's a victim of his brilliance no doubt but never forget winning trophies is not exclusive to a player effort. Football is a team sport but i wonder why you all blame messi when he has been unfortunate to be with paper weight team mates. An injured Ronaldo won the Euro cup due to the fighting spirit of the Portuguese players (credit to Eder) after Ronaldo led them to finals with his goals. Same as the recent nations league which guedes delivered and Bernardo silva emerged best player.

Ronaldo is the arrow head of the Portuguese team no doubt but his team mates deliver when he's not in charge, unlike messi whose team mates are big names on paper but play terribly despite his efforts to inspire them to glory. Higuain missed 3 decisive one on one chances against Germany in 2014 finals before gotze scored, chances fringe players like guedes and Eder converted to win Ronaldo the international trophies you all troll about. Everything in Argentine football must not be delivered by messi. It's a games of 11 players so why place the burden on only messi as if Portugal fields only Ronaldo against other teams? When Elder and guedes scored to win the trophy when it mattered most, you guys ignore their efforts and give all praises to Ronaldo. When Argentina team plays badly even if defenders scored own goal all blame goes to messi. Haba guys, what level of hypocrisy?

This is not to defend or absorb messi of his involvement in the failure of the Argentine's team to win a major afterall he missed a penalty against chile in previous Copa finals, but i think we are too harsh on him with unreasonable criticisms.

I hope Majority of you guys criticizing him have achieved all you desire in life? I hope there is nothing again you which to achieve or conquer? Can you have it all in life? No. Even Atiku with all his billions stills dreams of being a president. You can't have it all. Ronaldo is fortunate to be in a team with winning mentality, unlike messi. Despite all Cristiano Ronaldo has won in his career, he would also wish to have a world cup medal which players like Giroud won without scoring a goal. There is always something left to chase and achieve. Despite all this challenges It doesn't dispute the fact that messi is indeed amongst the greatest players to play the game.

Had he naturalized to spain like diego Costa during their golden era of winning euros and world cup, this debate of who the greatest is would have been buried. Even if Argentina wins this year's copa America, you Ronaldo fans will still troll messi to win another international trophy to match Ronaldo's two. Nothing messi does will ever satisfy you people.

See epistle kiss
GoTV:

See epistle
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Andrewkinggg: 8:42am On Jun 20, 2019
frankmoney:
lol so you are saying Ronaldo is Mikel and Messi okocha ... Are you alright my friend ? Ronaldo and Messi have won same number of ballon d'or . Ronaldo has won champions league three times in a row in which he was a major contributor . Even the euro 2012 .. he singlehandedly took them to that finals but couldn't play it . If Ronaldo was in Argentina I bet you he would have won the world cup .... Quit whining Messi is a joker in international football and alsways hides in Barca t shirt

Why switching narrative to suit your argument young man? I asked a question instead of responding you decided to troll. Don't worry I know your type I will teach you a lesson this morning.

We are discussing international trophies you are bringing champions league. Understand this Trophies are team's reward Ronaldo and Real Madrdid won the champions league back to back thrice, if you are only going to give Ronaldo the credit then you are inconsiderate and bias. Anyways, just so you know most times Ronaldo has faced Messi in a champions league fixtures Messi always come on top. Messi has scored more goals and assisted more when he faced Ronaldo's team.

Kindly give me Ronaldo individual achievement in international trophies, here is Messi's achievement.
U20 Player of the tournament & Golden Ball
World Cup Player of the tournament & Golden Ball
Copa America Player of the tournament.

For your information he is the ONLY player to have achieve this feat.

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:

Football is a team sport madam. At least he scored one why couldn't his team mates step up to score too? Must it he messi all the time? The two trophies Ronaldo won with Portugal in finals was delivered by team mates when Ronaldo couldn't score in both finals. Argentina team is rubbish. All they have is messi and he can't do it alone

Which score?? A penalty anyone wud hv taken ...not like he won the penalty... Abey stop sounding sentimental.. he did nothing in that game... If it was Ronaldo, u guys will laff and say that's all he can do , score penalties.. u say others should step up, has Messi stepped up??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by kenomobola(m): 8:43am On Jun 20, 2019
Andrewkinggg:
When you speak on Messi, speak it with respect and deference.
I see it is travesty that Ronaldo is put in the same pedestal as Messi. Messi is way way way ahead of Ronaldo...

I'm going end this argument once and for all. Most of us has seen Okocha and Mikel Obi played. Okocha has played in the highest level of football with the national team but has failed to lift the continental nations cup whereas Mikel Obi has lifted the Nations Cup. My question is who is the greatest Nigerian Player amongst these two?

Let's know who knows their football.

Hi, please check your records very well, Okocha won the African Nations Cup in 1994 (in Tunisia, just before the USA '94 world cup). Funny enough, Okocha also has an Olympic gold medal (from Atlanta '96), that Mikel doesn't have. Okocha has also won a silver medal, and several bronze medals from other Nations cup tournaments (2000, 2002, 2004, 2006). Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Andrewkinggg: 8:44am On Jun 20, 2019
trustbaba:

And how has he proved that in national level... grin
What a Barca scam!!!!

LoL
The barca scam is the greatest of all time said and reiterated by professionals in the game but one trustbaba thinks otherwise. Anyways, your opinion doesn't matter.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Billzcee: 8:44am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:

Nationalize Mumu

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by tfash96(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:

u have said it all chop knuckles

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by gurunlocker: 8:47am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:

I saw your moniker, check your post, check your moniker again to confirm if it's really you!

Brother! You Fxcking nailed it.... They know this, but they won't just say it.

Argentina is full of player with individual talents and does not play as a team unlike Portugal.... Messi has been the one doing the dirty work from group stage to final, even when he is surrounded by top class strikers. Why can't they just do this for the team in the final and win the cup? The team is not for Messi but Argentina.

I hate it when those stupid players say "They want to win it for Messi", it kills... As good as Aguero is, I can't remember the last time he scored for Argentina, it's always this same Messi they say doesn't perform.

Football is a team game, not an individual game. An individual brilliance won't win you anything if team mate doesn't support.

4 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Ealiserwest(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Galaticos444:
Am a madrid and ronaldo fan but i jst av dat feeling ARgentina will still win d copa america,jst bookmark dis statement
You're dreaming wake up. angry cheesy cheesy
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by frankmoney(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Andrewkinggg:

Why switching narrative to suit your argument young man? I asked a question instead of responding you decided to troll. Don't worry I know your type I will teach you a lesson this morning.

We are discussing international trophies you are bringing champions league. Understand this Trophies are team's reward Ronaldo and Real Madrdid won the champions league back to back thrice, if you are only going to give Ronaldo the credit then you are inconsiderate and bias. Anyways, just so you know most times Ronaldo has faced Messi in a champions league fixtures Messi always come on top. Messi has scored more goals and assisted more when he faced Ronaldo's team.

Kindly give me Ronaldo individual achievement in international trophies, here is Messi's achievement.
U20 Player of the tournament & Golden Ball
World Cup Player of the tournament & Golden Ball
Copa America Player of the tournament.

For your information he is the ONLY player to have achieve this feat.

u20 award isn't a major trophy ..... So because modric won golden ball he is better than Messi ? International trophies Ronaldo is still ahead of the midget . So try and teach yourself a lesson first before trying to teach me lol.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by KpagoGIN(m): 8:48am On Jun 20, 2019
trustbaba:

Well said. That's is why he needs to help others evolve.. he needs to be a model for his team to follow... Ronaldo does well in that aspect, mpampe and other young stars look up to him.
That is why the world will remember Ronaldo than it will for Messi in many years to come
Watching the match without seeing Icardi, Dyabala, Di maria and Aguero on the Pitch and Messi no de ask the coach questions or na me just don't understand the tactics of the argentine coach? the people meant to support Messi get benched all the time making it difficult for him to do anything reasonable on the field of play, forgetting in Barcelona he is surrounded by like-minds.
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Andrewkinggg: 8:54am On Jun 20, 2019
frankmoney:
u20 award isn't a major trophy ..... So because modric won golden ball he is better than Messi ? International trophies Ronaldo is still ahead of the midget . So try and teach yourself a lesson first before trying to teach me lol.

Nigga are we discussing individual or we are are discussing teams here? Is it a comparison of Argentina and Portugal or Messi and Ronaldo.

Pedro has a world cup and an Euro Trophy by your logic is greater than Messi and Ronaldo combined.
Giroud has a world cup trophy by your logic is greater than Messi.

Lesson session is still hope you are also taking note? wink wink cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Roushy(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2019
gurunlocker:

I saw your moniker, check your post, check your moniker again to confirm if it's really you!

Brother! You Fxcking nailed it.... They know this, but they won't just say it.

Argentina is full of player with individual talents and does not play as a team unlike Portugal.... Messi has been the one doing the dirty work from group stage to final, even when he is surrounded by top class strikers. Why can't they just do this for the team in the final and win the cup? The team is not for Messi but Argentina.

I hate it when those stupid players say "They want to win it for Messi", it kills... As good as Aguero is, I can't remember the last time he scored for Argentina, it's always this same Messi they say doesn't perform.

Football is a team game, not an individual game. An individual brilliance won't win you anything if team mate doesn't support.

Sir kindly throw more light.
Are you saying Messi has good support from team mates in barca that's why he shines? So you are saying players like Iniesta, Xavi,Suarez, Busquets etc made Messi shine?

So are you saying if Messi goes to another team with less support, he won't shine?

If you can't come up with stuff to defend these questions, then forget it CR7 is the greatest footballer of this era

4 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by frankmoney(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2019
Andrewkinggg:

Nigga are we discussing individual or we are are discussing teams here? Is it a comparison of Argentina and Portugal or Messi and Ronaldo.

Pedro has a world cup and an Euro Trophy by your logic is greater than Messi and Ronaldo combined.
Giroud has a world cup trophy by your logic is greater than Messi.

Lesson session is still hope you are also taking note? wink wink cheesy cheesy
Ronaldo was influential to Portugal winning of euro cup , he took them.to that finals . Can we say the same about Pedro and giroud ? .... Without Pedro and giroud would France and spain still win all thier matches from group stage to final.? Like I said grin tell Messi to win the Copa America since it's all about individual feat . grin grin . Go back and teach yourself the lesson

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by fmcjunior(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:

who else read only the last part of the write up

2 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Awe4luv(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2019
[quote author=timay post=79500142][/quote]
Have you sold.the laptop?...where in apata are u
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by tfash96(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2019
fighal:
Make sentiments nor kill you las las...
Your hatred for Messi won't stop his shine...
Saying Neymar and Suarez saved his ass is a very foolish statement. Why were they in the club in the first place? No be to support each other?
was Neymar or Suarez in the Argentina squad when they won the Olympics? were they there when Messi won the player of the tournament in a world cup competition? Una go just open mouth dey talk anyhow, as if the other players dey do am on their own... Ronaldo that had an abysmal season with Juventus nobody came for his head oo...
I'm very sure your daily prayer is for Argentina to have an awful tournament because Messi is on the team.. Abegi
no mind that idiot.. I no dey follow penaldo fans argue... God forbid.. E pay me to dey watch naruto than to dey follow tapin merchant fans argue
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by RevT1: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2019
fighal:
Make sentiments nor kill you las las...
Your hatred for Messi won't stop his shine...
Saying Neymar and Suarez saved his ass is a very foolish statement. Why were they in the club in the first place? No be to support each other?
was Neymar or Suarez in the Argentina squad when they won the Olympics? were they there when Messi won the player of the tournament in a world cup competition? Una go just open mouth dey talk anyhow, as if the other players dey do am on their own... Ronaldo that had an abysmal season with Juventus nobody came for his head oo...
I'm very sure your daily prayer is for Argentina to have an awful tournament because Messi is on the team.. Abegi
Abysmal season with Juventus?
Bros u are not feeling fine o!!

4 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Andrewkinggg: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2019
Roushy:

Are you saying Messi has good support from team mates in barca that's why he shines? So you are saying players like Iniesta, Xavi,Suarez, Busquets etc made Messi shine?

So are you saying if Messi goes to another team with less support, he won't shine?

If you can't come up with stuff to defend these questions, then forget it CR7 is the greatest footballer of this era

Currently look at this Barcelona side who can you confidently say supports Messi when he's not having a good day?

Ronaldo in Real Madrid had a hell of massive support. Days when he's not scoring someone does the scoring. Look at the UCL Final against ATM Ramos scored in the dead minute to take the game to extra time, in the champions league final against Liverpool when Ronaldo fired blank Bale came to the party scored 2 goals.

If you can consider Ronaldo to be the greatest of all time I dare you to give me his individual stats in a World Cup and the Euro and not hiding behind his team success(that's cowardice if you must know). Great people fight their own battle.

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Beverlyjean(f): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2019
fighal:
Too many individual players but few team players in Argentina..
Why are they fond of benching Aguero? from their previous coaches to this new one...
No winning spirit in this team at all, very lackadaisical set of players..
Leo done try abeg, he nor go kill himself.

Messi is the one controlling that team... He doesn't want anyone to outperform him....he knows players like dybala, aguero and icardi will easily outshine him... That's y he preferred the dead higuain over these players cause he always knew higuain was never technically sound unlike the others mentioned

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by jolarify4(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
what a shame one has to type all these to defend pepsi.
But i tell you this there is no excuse for failure its either you win or lose, messi is a barca legend but not a footbal legend, more reasons his best performances are at camp nou, no one is a reflection of perfection.
Judging by individual performances, Argentina has one of the best teams in the world so if they perform this bad, question the leadership mentality surrounding that team.
Ronaldo uses both flair, motivation, promises and frustration to carry this Portugal team along, he does more off field build up, Ronaldo organised a party for juve after they lost to ATM in UEFA champions league.
This alone takes guts, anyway your Pepsi secondly retirement loading
pls google top ten legend in the whole world of football you gat all you need stop been a hater
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Andrewkinggg: 9:16am On Jun 20, 2019
frankmoney:
Ronaldo was influential to Portugal winning of euro cup , he took them.to that finals . Can we say the same about Pedro and giroud ? .... Without Pedro and giroud would France and spain still win all thier matches from group stage to final.? Like I said grin tell Messi to win the Copa America since it's all about individual feat . grin grin . Go back and teach yourself the lesson

You keep shooting yourself in the leg, He took them to the finals that he had little or no influence in the final matches. He didn't score in the final neither did he assist. The reason why Argentina hasn't won an international trophy is because Messi hasn't scored or made any assist in the final so they are both even.

In the 2014 world cup Messi led his team to the finals providing most of the assists, scoring 4 times, in Copa America 2015 he led his team to the finals with scoring most of the goals and providing more and same with the Copa America 2016.

Messi is just unlucky and does not have the luxury of having his teammates turning up in finals while Ronaldo hides behind his team's success LoL a big scam.

Hope you have learnt something this morning..

1 Like

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by zikter(m): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2019
GoTV:

Football is a team sport madam. At least he scored one why couldn't his team mates step up to score too? Must it he messi all the time? The two trophies Ronaldo won with Portugal in finals was delivered by team mates when Ronaldo couldn't score in both finals. Argentina team is rubbish. All they have is messi and he can't do it alone
I totally agree with you, football is a team game, that is why the effort of a different person won the penalty Messi scored. On the whole the Argentina team is poor including Messi
Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by gurunlocker: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2019
Roushy:

I remember when Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar was in Barcelona, people always say they are the one that make Messi shine, if they leave, he will be exposed. Tell me, has his quality ever reduced since they all left?

You can read my post again to understand better.... Football is a team game, not an individual game....

Tell me what Ronaldo does in a team aside scoring? Where do Ronaldo always stay when on field? Can he do it alone if his team does not support him? Portugal was in final with Ronaldo playing, did he score? Didn't someone else stepped up? That's what we call a team.

On paper, Argentina is far better than Portugal (Not the new Argentina team as I don't even know 80% of the new faces while I know 98% of Portuguese team). But Portugal is a team, Argentina is shlt that think one man can do it all....

When Ronaldo was not around to play most part of the UNL, Portugal didn't lose a single game, I saw all their games. Which means, they can play with or without him.

You can call Ronaldo the greatest, that's your opinion grin

You can remind me where Ronaldo has ever played with less support grin

In the national team, Ronaldo is surrounded by people with strong mentality of winning, he himself is outspoken and are very organized.

In Argentina, you will only hear "We want to win it for Messi"... Isn't that absurd? Why can't they win it for the team? Have you ever read "We want to win it for Ronaldo"?

3 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2019
Many Messi Hater here!!

They hate him for everything... Even when he score.

May be they hate him because they are Ronaldo fans!!!

But that will not stop him from trying to win something with his mediocre international teammates.

Apart from Aguero, which Messi's teamates in the first XI do you want to buy for your club

That question is directed to those that believed that Argentina is a team of stars..

You need to watch the so called stars... I am sure you will conclude that they are at Super Eagles' level!!!

3 Likes

Re: Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom by Andrewkinggg: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Messi is the one controlling that team... He doesn't want anyone to outperform him....he knows players like dybala, aguero and icardi will easily outshine him... That's y he preferred the dead higuain over these players cause he always knew higuain was never technically sound unlike the others mentioned

LoL are you done? Did you think this deep before spewing this shjt?
He doesn't want anyone to outperform him at the expense of his team lifting the trophy. I have read some dumb shjts online but yours is out of this world.

Please delete this comment of yours abeg..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Done Deal: Inter Milan sign Lukaku on loan, with no buy-back option / Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers / Argentina's Victory Over France Is The Most Watched Men's Soccer Game In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.