Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,985 members, 7,799,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments (27460 Views)

Femi Otedola Gifts All 750 Students Of Augustine University N1 Million Each / Prof. Augustine Nwagbara Tasks Government And Universities On Diaspora Phenomeno / Video Of Nigerian Prof. Austin Nwagbara That Made Ghana Sack Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Danwakae(m): 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
isthatso:

actually i agree with you on the highlighted part we yorubas are stupid and idiotic.

let me explain this to you and others:

Much has been said about the entrepreneural spirit of the ibo but in this world there is a ying to every yang, there is always a negative to every positive and there is always a silver lining in every dark cloud...these are basic principles of the universe. A poor man has sincere friends, a rich man never knows who is a true friend. You are successful but you dont have time for your family, you have time for family, you cant focus on business.

Now in human pyschology there are 2 types of people: agreeable people and disagreeable people. Success in life is generally correlated with your level of agreeableness or disagreeableness. People dont succeed in life by being agreeable. Succesful people tend to have a my way or the highway mentality, it is a requirement for success, that's just the way it is. Agreeable people tend to accommodate others because they dont want conflict as a result they tend to shortchange themselves in the process and tend to be less successful because they are too eager to please others. Disagreeable people tend to force their way through life by getting people to agree to what they want/ bend to their wishes whether or not they are happy for the sake of peace. Like I said, this mind set is required to success but whether they are conscious of it or not, overdoing it tends to leave a wake of resentment because the agreeable person who accommodates the disagreeable only does so for peace and at some point will get fed up and fight back and we see this all over for decades in Ibo settlements outside the SE.

The Ibo man like i said earlier has a natural spirit that makes them succeed in business but that aggresive spirit to succeed at all costs brings with it a tendency to be disagreeable (like I said there is a ying to every yang) which mean when an ibo man does not get what he wants he raises hell, the interests of others are secondary to his. It is no coincidence that tribal hatred like we see today only reared it's head once the Ibo man lost political power in this country, in all previous administrations the Ibo man had always had a seat at the table. When yorubas were excluded from power there was no tribal hatred.

This tendency to be disagreeable can be seen in the way they deal with themselves, which in itself is the reason why the Ibo man has to leave his own home to venture afar because 2 disagreeable people cannot function in the same place. An ibo man cannot buy land in his own area but will come to yoruba land and get all the land he wants and tomorrow be telling you how to run your area and installing ibo kings inside a yoruba kingdom, telling yorubas that the land is no man's land etc etc. this brazen lack of respect is due to the disagreeable nature of the typical ibo and is why anywhere they go and settle as a community, they always ingrate their hosts.

I agree the yoruba man has been stupid and idiotic because we have been too agreeable and accommodating are currently paying the price. The Ghanaians, timid are they generally are, are growing some balls and saying "no enough is enough" and quite frankly kudos to them! The Ibo man will tell you the fulanis and Northerners are waging a jihad, but what many agreeable yorubas fail to realise and what the ibos will not say is that the biggest colonisation occuring is the expansionist agenda of the Ibo in the SW and other African countries. Maybe it is because they are by nature expansionist that they are conscious of the Herdsmen incursion. it has not escaped the attention of a few that the ibo preserve the homogenity of their land, culture and way of life while expanding and diluting that of their hosts. Ofcourse we agreeable yorubas just sit there and fold our arms. I dont hate Ibos, we yorubas too have our own negative traits and I dont blame Ibos for their expansionist overbearing tendencies, the fault lies with those who allow it, hence i am not in the least bit insulted that you have called the yoruba race idiotic and stupid because facts suggest you are indeed right. A race that will allow another to keep it's own culture and land intact while encroaching into and diluting it's own with reckless abandon is indeed stupid and idiotic.

To sum up if you accept like I and many do that the ibos are generally a successful tribe when it comes to commerce and industry, then you must ask that in a universe of gives and takes, what is the cost of preponderance for commercial success, if not to the ibo man, to others around him? I assert that the cost is a generally disagreeable personality which has a tendency to alienate people particularly their hosts.

And this is what we are seeing manifesting in different places and countries.

Your nice write was stired torwards your bias mind for the ibos.

The ibos is one of the less political tribe in Nigeria, they don't depend on govt. as such, they don't worship their political leaders.

The Yorubas has never been sideline political but only sold their speakership slot once to the northwest via the influence of Baba Tinubu.

MY QUESTION FOR U IS THAT APART FROM LAGOS STATE, WHERE ISSUE OF HOST STATED IN 2015, WHICH OF THE SOUTHWEST STATE DOES THE IBOS HAVE ISSUE WITH THEIR HOST

The original indigens of Lagos donot necessarily have any problem with the ibos but their fellow Yoruba extraction from other state...never for ones has the original indigenes of Lagos rule the state and the state is being control by a non-indegen(Baba Tinubu)., I know for now they r not complaining but u non indegene.

WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THIS ISSUE ??

With my experience in Lagos then, the ibos have been leaving peacefully with their host, which even led to various appointments and recognition by LASG base on their input in the state.

The ibos in Lagos never had any non-politocal issue with the Yorubas not only in Lagos but Nigeria, they pay their LGA dues, market dues, taxes all over the nations, BUT THE ISSUE STARTED IN 2015 WHEN THE IBOS REFUSED TO SUPPORTS THE CANDIDATE OF MAJORITY OF THEIR HOST MOSTLY IN LAGOS STATE, WE ALSO WITNESS IT IN 2019 IN LAGOS WHERE THEY WERE NOT ALLOW TO VOTE IN SOME AREAS.

Does the ibos have issues with the people of Ondo, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo and Ekiti ??, The hatred for the ibos is politically motivated.

The Yorubas and ibos r in the north here living peacefully only when is time for election when the leaders in Nigeria .Start drawing lines for we the masses for them to have their ways.

I DONT SEE NIGERIA GOING FAR, IF WE DONT SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR SELVES.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Outcome Of ASUU Congress Across Campuses / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike / WASCE Records Best Result In 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.