Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,652 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari (28530 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is A Terrorist - Miyetti Allah Tells FG To Use Force On IPOB Leader / #EndSARS: Hussaini Coomassie Tells Buhari To Use Force Against Protesters / Borno Gov Donates Sambisa Forest For RUGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by freshMallam1122: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2019
babagana zulum might be one of them.. from the existence Boko Haram has always been producing governor in borno state.. right from PDP era.. so out of millions people killed an kidnapped by Boko Haram.. with the grace period long due.. baba buhari should not use force like u said abi... chai there is God.. Ooo.. I feel 2gb memory card will reset yr brain ..so get one from kafanchang
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2019
lexy2014:

He didn't say otherwise. He only said imagine is Christians were behind boko haram, what will d reaction from d north, from muslims& d military?

Its still the same thing
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 20, 2019
Imoh555:

Since it's their own religious people dying for their deluded religious sake I actually careless

So why are you crying then?
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Ugosample(m): 9:51am On Jun 20, 2019
ebuk4real:
grin grin

And they tell me we want to win this war against bokoharam using such a mindset ?

Till tomorrow, Azubuike Ihejirika remains the only good thing the north, Borno and boko haram will hate to ever hear?

Exactly
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by opribo(m): 9:53am On Jun 20, 2019
Enough of all this gimmicks, when GEJ was there he was accused of not using maximum force to dislodge the insurgents. Infact, one of them northerners did say that an attack on boko haram was an attack on the North.

Some coming here now to say this trash is an insensitive and callous statement by an elected or selected governor.

What is needed is a sustained military assault on the insurgents unfortunately this president and some northern elements do not have the mindset to do it. Boko haram mission is to make Nigeria ungovernable till they have their own country.

Mind you the vocal Shekau has completed his mission and have gone under. The operating boko are another faction demanding justice and fairness.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Racoon:
Just imagine! angry See the impulsive sympathy these idiots have for the terrorists. What about Leah & others still in BH captivity? What about the precious lives(both civillian & military) that have been wasted by these self-created terrorist?

Of course the staggering ransome the Buhari govt paid them is now justified yet an armless group seeking self determination are termed terrorists

Well, Buhari have once said "A fight against BH is a fight against the north" while Lai Mohammed said "Proscribing Ansaru(BH) is unconstitutional" Guess Nigerians have seen the connection now? APC is BH and BH is APC.

Here is what the governor actually said...

Speaking on the purpose of the visit, the Borno Governor said: “I’m basically here to discuss with Mr. President on how possible the Federal government can strengthen the current security situation on ground as well as strengthen the means of livelihood of the entire people of Borno State.

“Basically, we want to address the root causes of the insurgency, especially the issue of access roads, access to farm lands and the issue of strengthening the Civilian JTF and the military to do their jobs better than before

Nothing about stopping thew war on Boko Haram.

One has to read the whole article sometimes...
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by lexy2014: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2019
ollah1:

Its still the same thing

How's it d same thing. Pls explain
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Damfostopper(m): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2019
But Boko Haram are using force to maim and kill citizens and also maim the military......

what kind of simpleton governor is this
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Centcanada: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2019
Somebody that has a functional brain will understand a big foul play here. What does he mean by don't use force? Are you telling the federal government of Federal Republic of Nigerian to dialogue with insurgents? I can't get it. What is going on? If that is the case, whatever way they intend to use against them, they should do it only in the north because is that thing called boko come to east, they will see another aide of the Igbo's. Rubbish.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2019
opribo:
Enough of all this gimmicks, when GEJ was there he was accused of not using maximum force to dislodge the insurgents. Infact, one of them northerners did say that an attack on boko haram was an attack on the North.

Some coming here now to say this trash is an insensitive and callous statement by an elected or selected governor.

What is needed is a sustained military assault on the insurgents unfortunately this president and some northern elements do not have the mindset to do it. Boko haram mission is to make Nigeria ungovernable till they have their own country.

Mind you the vocal Shekau has completed his mission and have gone under. The operating boko are another faction demanding justice and fairness.

Here is what the governor ACTUALLY said...

Speaking on the purpose of the visit, the Borno Governor said: “I’m basically here to discuss with Mr. President on how possible the Federal government can strengthen the current security situation on ground as well as strengthen the means of livelihood of the entire people of Borno State.

Basically, we want to address the root causes of the insurgency, especially the issue of access roads, access to farm lands and the issue of strengthening the Civilian JTF and the military to do their jobs better than before

In other words, fighting the insurgency is not JUST about millitary action, but fixing the root causes...neglect, etc.

Let's read the article, okay. smiley
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Centcanada: 9:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Somebody that has a functional brain will understand a big foul play here. What does he mean by don't use force? Are you telling the federal government of Federal Republic of Nigerian to dialogue with insurgents? I can't get it. What is going on? If that is the case, whatever way they intend to use against them, they should do it only in the north because is that thing called boko come to east, they will see another side of the Igbo's. Rubbish.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by BanevsJoker(m): 9:56am On Jun 20, 2019
fideliac6:
So what should he use??
Kid gloves.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Angelfrost(m): 9:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Yeah... Of course... The way they refused to use force against IPOB, or sat peacefully to negotiate with the Muslim group after arresting their leader...

How is it that a professor is sounding like an idiot
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Centcanada:
Somebody that has a functional brain will understand a big foul play here. What does he mean by don't use force? Are you telling the federal government of Federal Republic of Nigerian to dialogue with insurgents? I can't get it. What is going on? If that is the case, whatever way they intend to use against them, they should do it only in the north because is that thing called boko come to east, they will see another aide of the Igbo's. Rubbish.

Here is what it meant...if you read the article...

“Basically, we want to address the root causes of the insurgency, especially the issue of access roads, access to farm lands and the issue of strengthening the Civilian JTF and the military to do their jobs better than before

Where is stopping the fight against Boko there?
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Sensimilla: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2019
[s]
ollah1:

Muslims have died more than Christians in the hands of boko haram so shut up already
[/s]

Stop lying, you're a Boko Haram sympathizer, You're known here for supporting Boko Haram and Fulani Jihadist herdsmen
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2019
ur minding that one?
aolawale025:
But they are using force. Killing people
What a surprise
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Kingosytex(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2019
SoNature:

These were the exact words of Mr. Shehu, a Bornu indigene who relocated to Ibadan because of Boko Haram menace.

He told me clearly that Boko Haram has no solution because it has been commercialized.

Smh

that is just the truth. some people are making billions from it.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Afonja007: 9:58am On Jun 20, 2019
Kingosytex:
i am not a pessimist neither do i wish people bad but the truth here is that stability cannot return to borno, in a nutshell borno is gone!!!

boko haram is a political tool used by the greedy politicians up there to enrich and enlarge their unfillable pockets.
boko haram is like Saudi and Islam, if pilgrims stop going to Saudi for hajj their economy go fall,if boko haram stop it will hurt northern elites that are milking ngeria dry from boko haram
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by ud4u: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2019
Boko haram and Buhari government, I dey watch oohh, four years gone and still counting.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by BanevsJoker(m): 10:00am On Jun 20, 2019
tactius:

Here is what the governor actually said...

Nothing about stopping thew war on Boko Haram.

One has to read the whole article sometimes...
Stop lying! He said the government should use other means aside kinetic force. Do you have comprehension problems or is this your usual Taqiyya?
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Kingosytex(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2019
Afonja007:
boko haram is like Saudi and Islam, if pilgrims stop going to Saudi for hajj their economy go fall,if boko haram stop it will hurt northern elites that are milking ngeria dry from boko haram

u are right!!
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Yankee101: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2019
Second term will reveal co conspirators
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by malakaimoscondo: 10:06am On Jun 20, 2019
Officialgarri:
As for me, I believe for a group to be declared a terror group, it means the situation had advanced beyond peaceful negotiations.

However, I believe in flexibility. The ability to approach issues in various dimensions. If the governor, whom I believe understands the security and livelihood of borno better than anyone, suggests "such" an idea, then I think his idea is worth looking into.
rightly said,as for me and my opinion, bokoharam has come to stay it is a business that spin money for some local and international interest....take for instance,Isil,the super powers sells weapons and made profit through dis sale yet behind the sceen they fuel insurgency.. on many occasions defeated isil unit has been found with Americans made weapons.God help us...terrorism do stay long at anywhere it step it foot.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by bestdudes: 10:08am On Jun 20, 2019
hisgrace090:
What on earth will they use to tamme this blood sucking vampires masquerading themselves in Nigeria?
break up Nigeria and watch this people sit up in a twinkle of eye. Bokoharam will dissappear in 24 hours.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Jaqenhghar: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2019
hisgrace090:
What on earth will they use to tamme this blood sucking vampires masquerading themselves in Nigeria?
Personally if the parties responsible for keeping the peace will be professional and do what is right this ish would have been over long ago. I have learnt that the simplest things are the hardest things to do in Niggeria
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by edibobo: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2019
You people have come again....they should not use force but what ? The governor should be investigated in connection to BOKO HARAM activities in North East
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2019
BanevsJoker:

Stop lying! He said the government should use other means aside kinetic force. Do you have comprehension problems or is this your usual Taqiyya?

I am not lying, and I quoted from the OP's article.

See it for yourself.

T
he Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to explore other options rather than the use of force against Boko Haram insurgents.

Zulum was reacting to Boko Haram fighters backed by the Islamic State West African Province earlier attack on least four Nigerian Army bases, raising concerns among the troops of the Operation Lafiya Dole in the North-East.

The army had lost a yet-to-be-ascertained number of soldiers when Boko Haram fighters attacked its bases in the Mobbar, Damasak, Monguno and Gajiram areas of Borno State.

Zulum, who met President Buhari on Wednesday, when asked if he was concerned that Boko Haram was no longer dealing with soft targets but attacking military bases, said: “You are aware that some incidents occurred two, three days ago where about 40 people were killed in Konduga. By and large, we are aware of steps the president is willing to take that will virtually bring that issue to a standstill.

“But most importantly, there is need for the Federal government to also open other opportunities of bringing down the crisis rather than the kinetic force. It is also important for those people who have been forced to join the insurgency; if they are integrated into the society, I think this will be good.

“There is an existing policy within the military called Operation Safe Corridor just to strengthen the system. By and large, we are optimistic that Borno State will bounce back again.”

“Basically, we want to address the root causes of the insurgency, especially the issue of access roads, access to farm lands and the issue of strengthening the Civilian JTF and the military to do their jobs better than before.

On the recent attacks in the state and what the government is doing to fight insecurity the governor said: “The issue of security is not one you discuss anyhow. But the government of the state is collaborating with the military and other security agencies to ensure that the citizens are well protected.
“On my part, I am also trying to strengthen the locals to be resilient enough especially by providing them with logistics like vehicles and others so that they can undertake some surveillance to support the military.
“By and large, our discussions with the military have gone well and we are doing everything possible to ensure that stability returns to Borno State.”

That is the article the OP posted....and the part I quoted is in red.

As for Taqqiyah...what is that? I am a christian anyway....and besides, whatever forces of Islam ranged against the Church, God has promised us his protection.

(And before you shout...the reason why the church in North Africa and Asia Minor fell...they were not an actively witnessing church, nor were they close to Jesus. If they were....)
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by malakaimoscondo: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2019
nzeobi:
only people who show remorse are given amnesty, until then equip the army to fight these bastards.
Oga nice comment...the spirit or brotherhood between the insurgency and leaders of the government with never allow them use lethal or proportionate force.the emphasis from d government has always been reintegration and deradicalization. there is strong bond I only pity the ranks and files in the military.
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 20, 2019
Sensimilla:
[s][/s]

Stop lying, you're a Boko Haram sympathizer, You're known here for supporting Boko Haram and Fulani Jihadist herdsmen

I dont discuss with dead brains
Re: Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari by Racoon(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2019
tactius:
Here is what the governor actually said...Nothing about stopping thew war on Boko Haram.One has to read the whole article sometimes.
And did you also read this...
“......But most importantly, there is need for the Federal government to also open other opportunities of bringing down the crisis rather than the kinetic(physical) force...

“There is an existing policy within the military called Operation Safe Corridor just to strengthen the system. .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Excited Over UN ‘Urgent Appeals’ To Nigeria, Kenya / The Dapchi Scam: Where Is Liya Sharibu - By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.