Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? (6438 Views)

Poll: After just one month of the relationship, he has already slapped me. And he is very strong physically. Should I give him another chance?

Yes: 9% (8 votes)
No.: 90% (76 votes)
This poll has ended

Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater / Woman Beater - How To Know Them / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by CrazyMan(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2007
I would have tought you were matured to take that decision yourself, but since you still can't make up your mind here''s what i think.

If a guy truly loves you, he won't even dream of hurting you. By the way what give him the right to slap you? he hasn't even paid your bride price and he is already displaying his colour.
How do you think he would treat you if he marries you?
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by mamazita1(f): 9:13pm On May 08, 2007
My dear,, RRRRRRRRRRRun like a no man's business! He is slapping you for someone calling you? Then he will KILL you for some one walking up to you to say hello! I know his type coz I was in a similar relationship for 6 months. Mine would not even let me go visiting friends without him calling me 24/7 and messing my day up, Im talking about a visit with girlfriends! It was after I left I discovered he had the signs of an abuser and possibly even killer (if you let him!) Overly-possessive, controlling, overly-hot tempered, insecure etc. Run for your life my sister! You have been warned!
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by cgift(m): 9:32pm On May 08, 2007
People like this poster and mmazita should run adverts to warn the public (girls) of those guys. Put their pictures on forums like this and possibly on TV shocked
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by cgift(m): 9:34pm On May 08, 2007
People like this poster and mmazita should run adverts to warn the public (girls) of those guys. Put their pictures on forums like this and possibly on TV shocked
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by sherri(f): 9:57pm On May 08, 2007
run!!!
if he can slap u after only a month, imagine what he can do later on!
did u witness ur mum being slapped arround?
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by soulpatrol(f): 2:41am On May 09, 2007
what a co-incidence. on the Oprah show today. there was the story of this woman who's husband was abusive to her for many years, and part of it was captured on camera. not only that, the man made his son video the abuse and even encouraged his kids to call the mother names! i was shocked to see something like that! i was so heartbroken for the woman. imagine the children you gave birth to calling you dirty names, encouraged by your husband, and you know that if you dare say anything back, he'll def beat the shit out of you. she eventually got out with the help of a friend, and the husband is going to be spending most of the rest of his life in jail now. you all know what would have happened to that woman had she not got out at the time she did. she's be dead, thats for sure, like many abused women. i dont know how many times it has to be drummed into our heads, ladies, that when you encounter an abusive partner, run for your life! it doesn't matter if you're married for 20 years already, no man has the right to lay a finger on any woman. it makes him less of a man. so my sister, pls respect yourself, value your life and do the right thing.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Ndipe(m): 2:49am On May 09, 2007
Do yourself a favor by forgiving him, and breaking off the relationship with alacrity.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by funloving(m): 8:44am On May 09, 2007
NO!! DON'T GIVE HIM A SECOND CHANCE!

My grudge with the guy is not just that he slapped you, that is a terrible thing to do to a woman, but from your post, it is clear that you are saddled with not only a woman beater but also one with a serious inferiority complex, jealous and over possessive.

You need to leave him now because he is not ready for a relationship yet. If you stick with him you will have to always deal with a guy who will always be suspicious of your actions, will monitor you critically, will want you for himself only and thus, restrict your movements and activities. You will find yourself caged.

Sooner than later, you will be forced to break the relationship because you won't be able to cope- lets hope you won't be with a child then, married to him or hospitalised and traumatised.

You still got a chance now. Just move on to somebody else with better self confidence of himself, who allows his woman to be herslef and is not overly possessive, abusive, jealous or suspicious.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Pamperme: 8:50am On May 09, 2007
Jealous guy and beater. Please the earlier u break up from him  the better. It's just a month, if u tarry, the love will grow and it will be so diffficult for you then.  A jealous guy will always be jealous no matter wat you do. My dear please run run run run,
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by mamaput(f): 8:52am On May 09, 2007
Break up with him as soon as possible.
What is there to think about.
If you stay with him he will disfigure your face for you
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by yelum(f): 10:20am On May 09, 2007
girlfriend, dump him and fast too!

My candid advice

[s]afterall you've only been together a month, should be easy.[/s]
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by fatliar(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2007
why should a man lay his hands on u, dats an abuse pls run away from ali cos he might use u as a punchn bag next time

nd reduce d way u talk 2 boys in his presence, na wa oh
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Ronke2811(f): 10:49am On May 09, 2007
@ topic
dearie you can give him a second chance if you are willing to abide and live with the following options:
1. go to the hospital daily/ weekly/ monthly ( for check ups)
2. go about with bandages and either a broken arm or leg
3. go for a facial make over bi annually (since he would have massacre ur face)
4. fear and insecurity

LAST WORD AND CANDID ADVICE:
ANY GUY THAT RAISES HIS HAND TO BEAT HIS G/F AND APOLOGIES WILL DO MORE WORSE THING,
DONT WAIT TILL HE POURS ACID ON YOU / OR UNTIL HE MAKES YOU HANDICAPPED BEFORE U RETRACE YOUR STEPS.
THANK GOD IT IS BARELY ONE MONTH.
DUMP THE WOMAN BEATER AND GO FOR A WOMAN LOVER.
A WORD IS MORE THAN ENUFF FOR A WISE BABE LIKE YOU
CHIAO
grin
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by LindaM1(f): 11:00am On May 09, 2007
No second chance. Seun & Rlst84sale have said it best - and from a male perspective. Thank you both!

After 14 years of unspeakable physical abuse, my mother pulled me and my five siblings from our various schools in Philadelphia in April of 1973 (and she was pregnant!), boarded a Greyhound bus, where we moved to Colorado and lived in a one-bedroom house. She went from nothing to where she is now - a five-bedroom home, with a media room, flower and vegetable gardens and a swimming pool.
No one deserves to be abused by anyone else. And no one should feel so bad about themselves that they think they can't be anything without the abuser. My mother is a living example that you can get rid of anyone, or anything bad in your life, and succeed without limits.

To the original poster: which do YOU prefer? Physical abuse, or a peaceful, comfortable home of your own?

Only YOU can make that choice.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by GeminiII(m): 11:37am On May 09, 2007
Mei think its too early in a relationship for him to slap you(though he is not supposed to at all) but I dont agree with seun at all i think u shld give him a second chance and a very serious warning maybe he has a bad temper give him a second chance and both of you shld pray about it
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by ne4real(f): 11:52am On May 09, 2007
'women beaters' dont change. rather, they get worst. now d realationship is still young, get out ot it cos he'll never change. my dad has never raised his hands on me, so i dont think they've given birth yet 2 d man that will do dat.

baby girl, a man that raises his hands on a woman, is not worth the stress. no matter what u did. get out now !!!!unless u have some extra cash 2 dash an orthopaedic hospital.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by DewDrop(f): 1:15pm On May 09, 2007
[center]You want to know if you should give him a second chance so he can really beat you up?
RUN
RUN
AND DON"T LOOK BACK!

@GeminiII - Pray about it together!? THATS THE PROBLEM IN NIGERIA TODAY!!!
why can't he go pray about it his damn self!? and leave her out of it?!
If he's hitting on her a month into the relationship- he'd probably kill in 2 years!
RUN
girl
RUN
AND DON'T LOOK BACK![/center]
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 09, 2007
he slapped you after only one month and you are asking if u shld give him a second chance?
Maybe your eyes will open more clearly when he thrashes you with a koboko after one year.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Beline(f): 1:22pm On May 09, 2007
This guy will never change except you allow him to take your calls, read your messages, stop laughing or being friendly with guys, tell him about everything you do and above all not challenge his decisions, otherwise you will be use for his muscle exercise.

My sincere advice if you can't follow the above order, please run faster that you can imagine
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by SweetT1: 1:51pm On May 09, 2007
@Deglory
A month old boyfriend beats you just because a guy called you ?? I wonder what he will do if the guy comes to visit you. I hope you have a bulletproof vest. ' Cause this maniac will just shoot your a$$ if another guy touches you. You better run while you are still breathing. Your Boyfriend is sissy, tell him to hit a man and not woman. olosi, Amugbo !!!
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by cgift(m): 2:17pm On May 09, 2007
I wont b surprisd if he will ask you to kneel down, hands up and close your eyes when you offend him cheesy
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by jelly1371: 2:35pm On May 09, 2007
dEPENDING ON THE REASON WHY YOU REFUSED TO LET HIM HEAR WHAT YOU ARE TALKING TO THE OTHER GUY ON THE PHONE ABOUT! I WAS WONDERING;- ARE YOU HAVING A TRUE RELATIONSHIP OR 'BOJU-BOJU' TYPE WITH HIM? 'I LOVE YOU BUT I WANT TO BE WITH ANOTHER' ??
WHY YOU NO KUKU LET AM HEAR WETIN YOU AND ANOTHER MAN DEY TALK FOR PHONE IF YOUR CONCIENCE CLEAR?
MY SISTER, MAKE YOU LOOK YOUR SIDE, LOOK AM WELL WELL.
HOW WOULD YOU HAVE FELT IF HE HAD A CALL FROM A GIRL AND YOU WERE THERE? WOULD YOU HAVE WONDERED WHAT THEY WERE TALING ABOUT OR WHO THE GIRL IS?

CHECK YOURSELF B4 YOU WRECK YOURSELF, A SLAP FOR EVERY PHONE CALL IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH! grin
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by jelly1371: 2:42pm On May 09, 2007
WHAT I MEAN IS:

WE ARE RATIONAL HUMAN BEIGNS!
I AM NOT SUPPORTING YOUR BOYFRIEND FOR RAISING HIS HAND AGAINST YOU, BUT I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE PLAYED A PART AT GETTING THERE. JUST TALK TO ONE ANOTHER AND NUTURE TRUST IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP.

UNFORTUNATELY, MOST OF US FORGET WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM.

HERE IN LONDON, IF YOU ASK YOUR WIFE WHERE SHE IS , IT IS DOMESTIC VOILENCE, BUT FOR NAIJA WHERE WE FOR GROW, MY MAMA DEY TELL MY PAPA WHERE SHE DEY! NOT BECAUSE HE THINKS SHE IS OUT THERE CHEATING, BUT POSSIBLY BECAUSE HE MISSES HER AND NEEDS TO KNOW HOW LONG HE HAS TO BEAR BEFORE SHE COMES HOME TO HIM
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Rukkyj(f): 4:27pm On May 09, 2007
you beta run away if u know wot is good for u.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by luxoire(f): 4:35pm On May 09, 2007
ONLY A WEAK MAN WILL RAISE HIS HAND ON A WOMAN, and for those of u guys in here that think it is ok to beat ur babes, IT IS NOT, & AND HEAVEN HELP THE MAN WHO WILL RAISE HIS HAND AT ME, I WILL SEE U TO UR GRAVE, rubbish!!

U fit beat ya mama?, women need love, care and protection, not abuse, and if u say it is CORRECTION, they dont need that sort of correction.so it is more like ur FRUSTRATION, they are old enough and mature enough to be communicated to and wit, not beaten

Look, my dear if u stay with this guy and give him another chance, na u sakpa, as for me i say LEAVE HIM, if he loves u and u love him, break up with him, and watch whether and how he changes and controls his temper whilst u r apart. if not N.E.X.T!!!!, i beg no spoil ur fine body and self esteem in the name of love, cos u feel u need to stay with a woman-beater

I used to date a guy who had a harsh temper, and ppl were scared of him, but when he stood infront of me in an argument(beraing in mind i am tiny), i would talk back, and ppl could not understand, because they are used to him lashing out. i am ur babe, i need to feel i can express my thoughts and emotions (whether angry or sweet) without fear of being hit, i told him, d day u will raise ur hand on me, whether u strike me or not, 'DIS LONDON GO SMALL FOR WE TWO', madness!!!, when my parents beat me as a child, u sef u wan raise ur hand!
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Sonye(f): 4:51pm On May 09, 2007
DeGlory.If u know how lucky you are to be able to tell the kind of person u r dealin with, you'll thank God. I feel you seriously cos i have been there.Infact i feel like i was the one that posted this thread cos its exactly the same thing i went thru with d phone n beating. In fact, i ended up giving him the 15th chance until i walked out. This reason cos i LOVED him. To be honest, once you're in love, it's not easy to let go. But let me tell u that there is nothing GOD cannot do.
Let me tell u how mine ended, i prayed and fasted and found myself not loving him again. wink.but he somehow found out after a while that i was in a new relationship, somehow decieved me to come see him in his sick bed n i went. He collected my phone by force n till now, he keeps calling my present boyfriend and insults him. now i'm in a mess cos this guy is so gentle
so pls i guess u dont want urs to b like mine
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by sartorius(m): 5:14pm On May 09, 2007
if you like
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by Aproko(f): 5:26pm On May 09, 2007
@ poster,

my friend almost went deaf cos of a slap from her fiancee!!!believe me that was his 5th chance!!!!!!!

if you like your self and your fine face, you had better run like the devil is chasing you. my friend left when she found her load outside (despite all the chances given to the guy, he still kicked her out of his house at 11pm).

a word is enof oh,
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by OhGrey(m): 6:05pm On May 09, 2007
Run girl run. No one and I mean man or woman should be made to stay in an abusive relationship. I guess you might be telling yourself how it might have been your fault. The truth is that He could have handled the problem another way instead of slapping the hell outta you. For your own sake I hope you dont throw away all the advise you are getting here outta da window once he looks at you with those big sad brown eyes.
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by bcareful: 6:21pm On May 09, 2007
give him a 2nd chance, if u can cos am a man grin shocked lipsrsealed

and remember a responsible man wont slap or beat woman

becareful shocked
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by bcareful: 6:34pm On May 09, 2007
give him a 2nd chance, grin

and remember a responsible man wont slap or beat woman. for what he said that he wont do it again is a lie he willl just keep it for a while and do it to u again if u still with him

becareful embarassed shocked

a word is enough for a wise
Re: Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? by marlet01(m): 7:00pm On May 09, 2007
@ Topic

I think you are in the best position to answer that yourself,

If he slapped you over nothing then i think you should look at him as someone that would even do more harm to you if you continue with him.

But if there was a cause for the slap and then he later apologized then i think you should reconsider that both of you were at fault and learn to settle your disputes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What This Fine Girl Wants To Eat For Lunch(photos) / Man Release Chat With Lady Agreeing To Sex him & Cousin wihout condom for N50k(p / My Wife's Cousin Sister Is Seducing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.