Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (214977 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sheelay(m): 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2021
wildchild1:
To God be the glory for a successful business year, congratulations to everyone of us here. Wishing us all a happy new year.

This is a little reflection on some challenges faced by all deal hunters, buyers, sellers and middlemen here that pickers should please adjust on and i feel it would be good to discuss it because dialogue they say is the best way to solving issues. I would be talking about the exorbitant and outrageous charges by some pickers/shippers. The idea of charging 5% or 10% on pick up fee for items above $500 $700 or $1000 is not right, you are stealing from the deal hunter who has toiled night and day to find a good deal. . I spoke with all pickers/shippers here that i have personal relationship with and they make me understand the risk of exchanging money, distance covered and how hard it is getting dollars which is quite understand. But you see in this business, we all have to be flexible and reasonable, what is the essence of a job you are doing and people are cursing you at the back?

Like i told all the shippers/pickers i spoke with, people doing bulk pick ups (say 6/7 items and above) should be discounted. YES!!! If you cant discount them, do not charge them any % or anything extra if there's gonna be extra charges, let it be light. This is because as you're using huge $$ for the pick up, you will be shipping more than 7 items too which is more profitable for you as a picker, its simple logic. The truth is when someone finds a good deal after searching offer up overnight or even days, these extra % charged by pickers reduce the profit of the person but adds significantly to the picker. Imagine picking up 17 phones for say 7K and picker is charging you $500-600 pick up fee while he/she will still collect (25*15 = $425) as shipping fee, that's outrageous and inhumane. I'm not the one who looks into anybody's business or profit, this is era of internet, we all know how much it cost to ship from USA to Nigeria per item (i'll just leave it at that).

Pickers hardly run at loss, i stand to be corrected here too, emphasis on hardly, the odds are usually in their favour, deal hunters/buyers bear most of the risks. From items having MDM, to bad speaker, network failure, panic full, and roughness of items to mention a few. Even the waiting time for items to land, Its very hard on us doing business from Nigeria, the time zone alone is killing for some of us who have 9-5. I remember at a time i had 2 full time jobs and i still have to keep up with offer up sellers and supplier. I know more than 10 people that have quit offer up because they ran into loses, i am yet to see any picker quit because of the risks involved.

One of the things i notice with most pickers is that they think people patronizing them cant help them, that they (as pickers) are the only one that can help us. The reality of life is that once you start seeing yourself as the only person that can help someone, it get into your head and you start misbehaving. As a picker, you might not need help from us today but tomorrow fit come make you need help, nobody fit operate alone, so i'm begging all our pickers to please find a very good and reasonable solution to this issue of pick up rate and pick up fee. In my humble knowledge, no pick up fee should be more than 150-200 as long as the items are much, its always a win win situation.

PS: To the big boys who are pickers friend, please help us dialogue with them too, if you dey get discount from demn, make dem extend good discount to us wey be small boys too abeg, the rates are killing...E choke gan.

Nobody is perfect, we learn everyday to be better, my own dey my body too, make God help person. Happy new year once again.

Lionlee216 and friends
Daaz001
Yalhaji
Bukiemore
Abfal
Emanu and friends
Titi
Kreamie
Rakiticbarca
Sobastical
Omicpet
Idboystic
Temihatz
Visita
omotolsy
Timijoseph
Dthinkerman
atoje
Tydghost
webfocus
D4donnn
Chelseamann

Well said boss. But for me, I think it's really not about a$$licking, but the thought of invincibility of most pickers. You'd expect that their handlers will be the person that can talk to them, but no. Some are not even on nl here, and one might not want to involve a 3rd party in the issue, cos of the absurdity at times.
A picker charged $700 shipping alone for a $2k item, which picker claimed was heavy. All plea for him to review to $500 fell on deaf ears. Fast forward to item landing, and buyer had to go with his car thinking dispatch bike won't be able to handle it. Guess what, items would fit perfectly in a bike+ they weren't heavy! This is how SOME pickers are. Some are very understanding, while some aren't, at all.
I think there should be a consensus that deals impasse between pickers and clients should be brought here, if it can't be settled between themselves. That way, either party will treat each other fairly! My 2 cents though

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
wildchild1:

Danny e reach your side too? Omo the rates wan send person go village oo cry cry cry
Me and one picker na so so fight we dey fight back to back with high pick up rates,I know its a struggle for them to get dollar sometimes, but we wey dey the receiving end nko? Honestly it's discouraging baba. Now na thug of war between me and my village people as I no won gree listen to my ancestors call. I'm glad you did this.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Reeefe(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
Wildchild1 thanks for bringing this to the table.

considering what Lionlee216 has explained, I think all pickers should allow room for other forms of payment like the dome mentioned my lionlee.
or direct bank deposit.. some hunters has families who can help with such pay, crypto (usdt ,btc ...) is another easy 1 we can use , paypal too something that can also be looked into. more suggestions can be mentioned

if there is any reason why these can't work we would want to know too.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
lionlee216:
Uncle WildChild1,

Let me start from the 5% to 10% thing. I know I was once guilty of this but I also did it to protect myself. You(I am using YOU as a general word) will bring a dropoff of $1000 and you will expect me to charge you $20 for drop off, business wise, its profitable to you, to me, it’s a huge LOSS. As at yesterday, Black market rate was 565/$. GTB dorm card can only get you $1000 per day and at the ATM, You can only get $800 at a go which comes with a charge of $4 per withdrawal. Meaning you can only withdraw $990 in a day with a charge of $8. $1000 was deposited from Nigeria but you got only $990 here. That’s a $10 loss already. Now I didn’t factor you will be running those errands for you in Nigeria, It wont be done for free. So do you now think you will bring a drop off $1000 and ill accept $20 as drop off fee? NO.
If I see a pickup of 12pro max of $650 coming with a pickup fee of $50, I will sure neglect the $1000 drop off and do the pickup because truthfully at the end of the day, its strictly business. For those that had/have done bulk pickup from me, once I see the money will take all my dollars, its either I decline or I charge you 7 to 8% even when I see the pickup fee is much, then I do give option like lets say your item fee is $7,000, I can let you pay maybe 5000$ into my dorm account and I’ll then charge you pickup fee on $2000. You wildchild1 can testify to it. Those charging 10%, legally did they do something wrong? NO! like I said its business.

With all being said, when a picker is charging you all these fees, remember the cost of living in each states, the Gas fee in LA is very expensive compared to Chicago and fuel fee in Chicago is expensive compared to Indiana. All these you have to put into consideration but then you have two options : its either YOU DO or YOU DON’T!

Picker run at loss and the loss is always heavy when it happens. If all the pickers start telling their stories, then you will understand.

STOP SEEING PICKERS AS YOUR MESSIAH. NO PICKER IS YOUR MESSIAH. AS YOU ARE SMILING TO THEM TO HELP YOU PICK ITEMS SO YOU CAN MAKE MONEY, THE SAME WAY THEY SMILING TO YOU SO THEY CAN MAKE MONEY OFF YOU. IF YOU LIKE LICK THEIR FEET TILL TOMORROW, IT CHANGES NOTHING! THOSE OF YOU LICKING THEIR A$$ES, HOW MARKET TODAY?.

Shalom!

Like i told all the shippers/pickers i spoke with, people doing bulk pick ups (say 6/7 items and above) should be discounted. YES!!! If you cant discount them, do not charge them any % or anything extra if there's gonna be extra charges, let it be light. This is because as you're using huge $$ for the pick up, you will be shipping more than 7 items too which is more profitable for you as a picker, its simple logic. The truth is when someone finds a good deal after searching offer up overnight or even days, these extra % charged by pickers reduce the profit of the person but adds significantly to the picker. Imagine picking up 17 phones for say 7K and picker is charging you $500-600 pick up fee while he/she will still collect (25*15 = $425) as shipping fee, that's outrageous and inhumane. I'm not the one who looks into anybody's business or profit.

^^^ This right here is my major challenge and it is for most people. Like i also mentioned, we have to be flexible and and reasonable. AND ITS NOT ALWAYS BUSINESS. When UK government imposed 2k pounds to those coming to UK especially countries on red list, thats business but it was quickly cancelled due to public outcry because thats not a good business, its extortion which they know themselves. Lionlee216 you have been very reasonable with your pick up fees and shipping fees and i know most people can also testify, others should follow. Deal hunters just need pickers to be flexible. If someone is picking plenty phones, pick up fee should be significantly reduced while shipping fee can stand the way it is, there is nothing bad in collecting $100-$150 pick up fee for $8K worth of items as long as the items are much say 15-20 phones, you are using your bulk cash to do bulk pick up, if you break it down well, its very very very profitable still for you as a picker. Like Chelseamann said, there are number of times i had to let some deals go cos the extra 150-250 the picker is charging as pick up fee is actually my profit meanwhile picker is would be picking and shipping 10 phones in this deal which he/she has already seen profit, even without adding the pick up fee. And in the past, there was nothing like extra charge for pick ups, even if its 3k, 4k, $5k, picker always collect the pick up fee only and they still make their profits on shipping, no one is saying pickers should revert outrightly to that because no one is an enemy of progress, just be considerate, shikena

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
Reeefe:
Wildchild1 thanks for bringing this to the table.

considering what Lionlee216 has explained, I think all pickers should allow room for other forms of payment like the dome mentioned my lionlee.
or direct bank deposit.. some hunters has families who can help with such pay, crypto (usdt ,btc ...) is another easy 1 we can use , paypal too something that can also be looked into. more suggestions can be mentioned

if there is any reason why these can't work we would want to know too.

I dont have paypal and cashaspp, not thanks to the trust i have to my clients, they were closed down.

most of people on here dont care about us, once they see a zelle that is cheap they wants to buy and transfer to you. Daaz, Olared, Donaltus and Shola BOA account has been closed down due to fraudulent activities. your guess is as good as mine. they source for dollars from yahoo boys and transfer to us and in the process get our account locked. Your account wont only get locked, the money sent will be reversed too.

Daaz has a bitter story to tell about that, no thanks to trust! So accepting a zelle from my client is NO NO and im sure the other pickers will want to do the same
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
wildchild1:

there is nothing bad in collecting $100-$150 pick up fee for $8K worth of items as long as the items are much say 15-20 phones, you are using your bulk cash to do bulk pick up, if you break it down well, its very very very profitable still for you as a picker.

1. I am interested in the above breakdown from your own angle as a Client.

2. I flew to NYC for $250, I paid $150 for hotel, My friend in new work was gracious enough to buy me food and supply local transportation and i bought $20k up there. i came back to chicago and next day Gbam, a bulk pickup of $8000 knocks at the door and my client was asking me to take $150 to do a pickup of $8k. I agreed! next day he came again saying same seller has items of $5k with a pickup fee of $100. .... So If you are my lawyer/advisor and im seeking your professional advice on this scenerio, what will you advice me?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2021
lionlee216:

2. I flew to NYC for $250, I paid $150 for hotel, My friend in new work was gracious enough to buy me food and supply local transportation and i bought $20k up there. i came back to chicago and next day Gbam, a bulk pickup of $8000 knocks at the door and my client was asking me to take $150 to do a pickup of $8k. I agreed! next day he came again saying same seller has items of $5k with a pickup fee of $100. .... So If you are my lawyer/advisor and im seeking your professional advice on this scenerio, what will you advice me?

Oga mi the lion of Chicago , from a
$8,000 pick up,there is still profit on shipment on a $8000 item,as it can never be just an item but multiple,that's what wildchild1 de try talk, abi na BIDEN go chop the profi on shipment? I just de ask ni o undecided

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Reeefe(m): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
lionlee216:

I dont have paypal and cashaspp, not thanks to the trust i have to my clients, they were closed down.

most of people on here dont care about us, once they see a zelle that is cheap they wants to buy and transfer to you. Daaz, Olared, Donaltus and Shola BOA account has been closed down due to fraudulent activities. your guess is as good as mine. they source for dollars from yahoo boys and transfer to us and in the process get our account locked. Your account wont only get locked, the money sent will be reversed too.

Daaz has a bitter story to tell about that, no thanks to trust! So accepting a zelle from my client is NO NO and im sure the other pickers will want to do the same

Thanks for the clarification. 1st u are already doing well by recieveing through DORM some others have
been really traditional. But how about looking into opening a crypto wallet and recieveing crypto. BINANCE and other exchange gives an unlimited amount of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2021
lionlee216:

1. First of all, you're most likely not going to give me the rate you bought the $20k...Thats Facts only, you will add say 5-15 naira.

2.Day 1, iPhone 12 64gb for $420, 1st day pick up is $8K, that means you're shipping 19phones. Shipping Fee = 19*20 = $380
Day 2, iPhone 12 64gb for $420 same supplier, $5k, that means you'll be shipping 12 phones, shipping fee = 12*20 = $240

Pick up fees for day 1 and day 2 = $250
Shipping Fee for day 1 and day 2 = $380 + $240 = $620
There is no way you can tell me there's no profit in the above calculation.

Like i said, flexibility is the key thing here. While shipping fee can be fixed, bulk pick up fee should not be fixed, each party can always present their cases and work things out.

I worked with GLO in the past, do you know dealers sell recharge cards to retailers at the price they bought directly from GLO? Some even sell at 50kobo or 1 naira loss per denomination but guess what there's commission and incentives that comes from GLO to these dealers depending on the volume they are able to sell at the end of the month/year.

BTW, where is our Christmas and New Year gift grin tongue Make everybody go hold them pickers well, they must give us present by force by fire grin

6 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rakiticbarca: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
wildchild1:
To God be the glory for a successful business year, congratulations to everyone of us here. Wishing us all a happy new year.

This is a little reflection on some challenges faced by all deal hunters, buyers, sellers and middlemen here that pickers should please adjust on and i feel it would be good to discuss it because dialogue they say is the best way to solving issues. I would be talking about the exorbitant and outrageous charges by some pickers/shippers. The idea of charging 5% or 10% on pick up fee for items above $500 $700 or $1000 is not right, you are stealing from the deal hunter who has toiled night and day to find a good deal. . I spoke with all pickers/shippers here that i have personal relationship with and they make me understand the risk of exchanging money, distance covered and how hard it is getting dollars which is quite understand. But you see in this business, we all have to be flexible and reasonable, what is the essence of a job you are doing and people are cursing you at the back?

Like i told all the shippers/pickers i spoke with, people doing bulk pick ups (say 6/7 items and above) should be discounted. YES!!! If you cant discount them, do not charge them any % or anything extra if there's gonna be extra charges, let it be light. This is because as you're using huge $$ for the pick up, you will be shipping more than 7 items too which is more profitable for you as a picker, its simple logic. The truth is when someone finds a good deal after searching offer up overnight or even days, these extra % charged by pickers reduce the profit of the person but adds significantly to the picker. Imagine picking up 17 phones for say 7K and picker is charging you $500-600 pick up fee while he/she will still collect (25*15 = $425) as shipping fee, that's outrageous and inhumane. I'm not the one who looks into anybody's business or profit, this is era of internet, we all know how much it cost to ship from USA to Nigeria per item (i'll just leave it at that).

Pickers hardly run at loss, i stand to be corrected here too, emphasis on hardly, the odds are usually in their favour, deal hunters/buyers bear most of the risks. From items having MDM, to bad speaker, network failure, panic full, and roughness of items to mention a few. Even the waiting time for items to land, Its very hard on us doing business from Nigeria, the time zone alone is killing for some of us who have 9-5. I remember at a time i had 2 full time jobs and i still have to keep up with offer up sellers and supplier. I know more than 10 people that have quit offer up because they ran into loses, i am yet to see any picker quit because of the risks involved.

One of the things i notice with most pickers is that they think people patronizing them cant help them, that they (as pickers) are the only one that can help us. The reality of life is that once you start seeing yourself as the only person that can help someone, it get into your head and you start misbehaving. As a picker, you might not need help from us today but tomorrow fit come make you need help, nobody fit operate alone, so i'm begging all our pickers to please find a very good and reasonable solution to this issue of pick up rate and pick up fee. In my humble knowledge, no pick up fee should be more than 150-200 as long as the items are much, its always a win win situation.

PS: To the big boys who are pickers friend, please help us dialogue with them too, if you dey get discount from demn, make dem extend good discount to us wey be small boys too abeg, the rates are killing...E choke gan.

Nobody is perfect, we learn everyday to be better, my own dey my body too, make God help person. Happy new year once again.

Lionlee216 and friends
Daaz001
Yalhaji
Bukiemore
Abfal
Emanu and friends
Titi
Kreamie
Rakiticbarca
Sobastical
Omicpet
Idboystic
Temihatz
Visita
omotolsy
Timijoseph
Dthinkerman
atoje
Tydghost
webfocus
D4donnn
Chelseamann
this is an impressive piece that sums up our position as DHs, thanks for this.
In all honesty I don't think theirs any DH that will come out here and say he/she is having it easy.

I also understand lionlee's position to an extent. Nobody is asking Pickers/Shippers not to collect extra charges, but do it with moderation, do it with decency, all these unnecessary exploitations are uncalled-for.

You send a deal to a Picker/shipper with the intention of selling as TLC and by the time they slam there usual charges on it, you end up looking for ways to sell the said item AIN.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chidekings(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
i perfectly understands wildchild's point.no one says its easy for both picker and us.but i beleive flexibility its highly needed.its not easy for sellers here.3 out of 10 items won't be ad described and their are many hurdles for a seller,all he asks from a picker/shipper is to be a bit considerate.tho most have really been trying but we wish they try harder.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmanu19(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2021
Abeg my own question be how do I go about the dorm account ooo to dey get dollars?

And secondly to @reefe
Crypto is a no no due to the fact its shitty taxed. And as u no me do most of my stuff by the book. So binance us sucks and I have to report that crap too. I only buy crypto to keep not to use for business.

And on the exchange part mine is worst that's why I charge the 10% or 5% the only 2 exchanger I use In Dallas 4 of my pickers use same and she go dey sell to highest bidder and no be say dem dey get much sef and I dey run from yahoo money.

My payoneer don close based on this exchange issue with almost 4k in there I never collect as dem dey ask proof

PayPal sef wey dey work I had to stop when someone send me money wey dem reverse twice in. Roll.

Like lionlee summarize dealhunter would rather get their dollar cheap not thinking it it affects picker or not.

My 1 cent.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmanu19(m): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
In other news if person get dollar for another state aside Texas send location I go pick am ooo bulk dollar sha and I no want yahoo money. Anyone giving me will give me and Id and sign my transaction ledger and affidavit it ain't fraud money. If u get my US number is 9729975120

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hollamanng(m): 12:23am On Jan 01, 2022
EFCCgbenga:
Merry Christmas, hope we having a scam free end of year.
get to me
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Anopheles: 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
lionlee216:

I even heard some pickers steal your deals and for the fear of them not picking for you again, you keep quiet! SUFFERING AND SMILING. When a picker steals your deal, take him to dispute thread, Scream his name! if he blocks you and you cant do without him, get a new whatsapp and continue your business with him but only a fool deals with a picker that is stealing from you.

I think most people ignored this statement...

I may endure the fact that pickers are charging exorbitantly while still making enough from shipping and the rate. But why do they still want to steal your deals?

You'll send a bulk deal to a picker. She/he will say there isn't enough dollars. You renegotiate with the seller depending on the amount picker says is available. 5 mins after pickup, the same picker buys the remaining items. You'll ask, you'll get an answer saying money is borrowed or it's their personal money. On top my own deals?

You'll text picker for a deal which they'll say they're out of town. 20 mins later, your supplier sells to the same picker through a relative. You'll keep quiet. Why? Because it feels you're helpless. You're in Nigeria. What can you do?

A DH once told me he only deals with female pickers because they're more direct and more honest with their dealings. It's all misogynistic but I couldn't blame him since it's his money in play.

These are just examples which DH get fed up with pickers. Every part of this table has been broken and mostly been with the use of the picker's hammer.
This needs to be fixed...

Happy 2022 to my NL family.

18 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Owodiran1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2022
Wetin me i know. NA TLC I DEY BUY... Who i shoot. Nah tomorrow i go tell you who i shoot

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by battousaiX(m): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Gracias!
lionlee216:
Uncle WildChild1,

Let me start from the 5% to 10% thing. I know I was once guilty of this but I also did it to protect myself. You(I am using YOU as a general word) will bring a dropoff of $1000 and you will expect me to charge you $20 for drop off, business wise, its profitable to you, to me, it’s a huge LOSS. As at yesterday, Black market rate was 565/$. GTB dorm card can only get you $1000 per day and at the ATM, You can only get $800 at a go which comes with a charge of $4 per withdrawal. Meaning you can only withdraw $990 in a day with a charge of $8. $1000 was deposited from Nigeria but you got only $990 here. That’s a $10 loss already.

STOP SEEING PICKERS AS YOUR MESSIAH. NO PICKER IS YOUR MESSIAH. AS YOU ARE SMILING TO THEM TO HELP YOU PICK ITEMS SO YOU CAN MAKE MONEY, THE SAME WAY THEY SMILING TO YOU SO THEY CAN MAKE MONEY OFF YOU. IF YOU LIKE LICK THEIR FEET TILL TOMORROW, IT CHANGES NOTHING! THOSE OF YOU LICKING THEIR A$$ES, HOW MARKET TODAY?.

Shalom!

cc daaz001
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Clone2020(m): 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
lionlee216:

SECONDLY as regards to shipping fees, for phones, I have been charging $20/phone and it has never gone beyond that. I really don’t think this should be an issue debating the shipping fees cos people have paid lot more for phone shipping with mikky with no complains, I know how much Clone20 was charging when he was doing pickups.

Ahh baba, my fees weren't so bad o grin. No forget those mouthwatering deals I dey drop those days. Kudos for toughing it out and thriving in this challenging business. I know how difficult it is; nothing but love and respect from my side.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 2:22am On Jan 03, 2022
Clone2020:

Ahh baba, my fees weren't so bad o grin. No forget those mouthwatering deals I dey drop those days. Kudos for toughing it out and thriving in this challenging business. I know how difficult it is; nothing but love and respect from my side.

Oga Boss, nice to hear from you oo

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by GadgetInstinct: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2022
Clone2020:

Clone!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Theflint1(m): 8:17am On Jan 03, 2022
lionlee216:
Uncle WildChild1,

Let me start from the 5% to 10% thing. I know I was once guilty of this but I also did it to protect myself. You(I am using YOU as a general word) will bring a dropoff of $1000 and you will expect me to charge you $20 for drop off, business wise, its profitable to you, to me, it’s a huge LOSS. As at yesterday, Black market rate was 565/$. GTB dorm card can only get you $1000 per day and at the ATM, You can only get $800 at a go which comes with a charge of $4 per withdrawal. Meaning you can only withdraw $990 in a day with a charge of $8. $1000 was deposited from Nigeria but you got only $990 here. That’s a $10 loss already. Now I didn’t factor you will be running those errands for you in Nigeria, It wont be done for free. So do you now think you will bring a drop off $1000 and ill accept $20 as drop off fee? NO.
If I see a pickup of 12pro max of $650 coming with a pickup fee of $50, I will sure neglect the $1000 drop off and do the pickup because truthfully at the end of the day, its strictly business. For those that had/have done bulk pickup from me, once I see the money will take all my dollars, its either I decline or I charge you 7 to 8% even when I see the pickup fee is much, then I do give option like lets say your item fee is $7,000, I can let you pay maybe 5000$ into my dorm account and I’ll then charge you pickup fee on $2000. You wildchild1 can testify to it. Those charging 10%, legally did they do something wrong? NO! like I said its business.

SECONDLY as regards to shipping fees, for phones, I have been charging $20/phone and it has never gone beyond that. I really don’t think this should be an issue debating the shipping fees cos people have paid lot more for phone shipping with mikky with no complains, I know how much Clone20 was charging when he was doing pickups. Some people said they know how much to ship from US to Nigeria and its way less, some said they charge $10 per phone, which is fine but remember some companies do consolidation but no company will open your package, take out like 10 phones and start wrapping them for you one after the other. Your $20 shipping fee(from lionlee) includes buble wrapping, shipping fee, customs and insurance. I can do $10 shipping for you if I will ship your phone just like that. No buble wraps nothing. You get what you paid for. For those that have travelled internationally, even airline will ask you if you want protection on your ticket etc.

With all being said, when a picker is charging you all these fees, remember the cost of living in each states, the Gas fee in LA is very expensive compared to Chicago and fuel fee in Chicago is expensive compared to Indiana. All these you have to put into consideration but then you have two options : its either YOU DO or YOU DON’T!

Picker run at loss and the loss is always heavy when it happens. If all the pickers start telling their stories, then you will understand.

Lastly, Most of you guys deserve the kind of treatment you getting from most Pickers. Most of you are a$$lickers. I remember one guy telling me to my face that its either Mikkyangel or nothing, when he got served breakfast, the story changed. Some of you will approach for pickers and say “Pls I need to this pickup, start praising them how the picker has been the savior of their families lives blah blah blah” be begging. I have never seen a person go to a car dealership and be begging them with their money but you guys, its something else. The picker that has been doing nice to you, the moment there is a little mistake in a gadget being picked, the next you will hear is full refund, how you have sold the items to someone else without even reaching a common ground. The Picker becomes cold to you and then, next thing you hear is Mikky is very arrogant, shola is that. Then you start looking for payback. You start contacting people so that you can find another picker in the same state in a bid for u to do payback to the picker. Another picker shows up, you start praising him, telling the picker how mikky stole your deal, how lionlee did that. You start praising them as your Messaiah, The new picker sees your weakness, exploit you then you start wailing again. The first picker meets with the second picker, they come to a common ground and roll prices on you, then you are stuck. Most of you make those Pickers the way they are.

I will say this boldly because I am very sure and know very well. When Stanley came on board, He was shipping for less, less pickup fee, I know about daaz clients that went to him(Stanley) and be doing pickups there, when I heard from at least 3 people that he was stealing people’s suppliers and deals and the loss were too much, You now had no choice than to either to return to Mikky or Daaz and those you plan on returning to, you have already said bad things about them. Now you go to Mikky, he ignores you, you go to Daaz for 10k$ pickup, he said bring $1500 or he doesn’t have dollars, then you start complaining.
Some of you will even send the same deal to 2 different pickers, to you its strictly business because you want the faster hands to pickup the deal but in the process you are wasting their time too.

I even heard some pickers steal your deals and for the fear of them not picking for you again, you keep quiet! SUFFERING AND SMILING. When a picker steals your deal, take him to dispute thread, Scream his name! if he blocks you and you cant do without him, get a new whatsapp and continue your business with him but only a fool deals with a picker that is stealing from you.

Shalom!

cc daaz001
Lol...well said.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Creditalerts: 9:54am On Jan 03, 2022
Make the pickers take am easy on the deal hunters oo

Imagine new iphone 12 Promax and used one no much price difference then the market is in danger sad
And the price is still falling rapidly cry

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
Creditalerts:
Make the pickers take am easy on the deal hunters oo

Imagine new iphone 12 Promax and used one no much price difference then the market is in danger sad
And the price is still falling rapidly cry

Omo e dey shocking.

Before offers for thread dey be like gold, cos e dey cheap. Offerup thread na goldmine for cheap quality original devices. But now, prices there and prices for CV na the same. E come be like dem go enter CV go find out prices before coming coming post it there lol.

Iphone prices no dey ever ever come down. XS Max, person go still get mind put 250-280, come put firm there.

God go help everyone

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Creditalerts: 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
Auskyd:

Omo e dey shocking.

Before offers for thread dey be like gold, cos e dey cheap. Offerup thread na goldmine for cheap quality original devices. But now, prices there and prices for CV na the same. E come be like dem go enter CV go find out prices before coming coming post it there lol.

Iphone prices no dey ever ever come down. XS Max, person go still get mind put 250-280, come put firm there.

God go help everyone
computer village regulates the price of offer up thread sad no more compassionate sales cry
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
Creditalerts:
computer village regulates the price of offer up thread sad no more compassionate sales cry

Asin eh lol.

Sometimes you go enter CV see am cheaper. Go's help us all.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
Compassionate sales
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Creditalerts:
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Creditalerts: 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
Auskyd:

Asin eh lol.

Sometimes you go enter CV see am cheaper. Go's help us all.
you are very right ,I just tire for offer up thread monopoly of sales
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Creditalerts: 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kreamie:
Compassionate sales
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

yes they use to be good deals way back but now it has been hijacked by kabals
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
Open an OU account with TruYou on compassionate grounds sir.
Negotiate with sellers on compassionate grounds sir.
Negotiate exchange rates with shippers on compassionate grounds sir
Negotiate failed pickup fees on compassionate grounds sir
Items landing not as described. You could be refunded on compassionate grounds

All these could be achieved on no other ground than a compassionate one grin
Creditalerts:
yes they use to be good deals way back but now it has been hijacked by kabals
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
It’s simple. Open an OU account and search for your own deals.

Life isn’t as hard as you make it seem brother. undecided
Creditalerts:
you are very right ,I just tire for offer up thread monopoly of sales
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Creditalerts: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kreamie:
It’s simple. Open an OU account and search for your own deals.

Life isn’t as hard as you make it seem brother. undecided
easy Tigre cool
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lekbel09(m): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rakiticbarca:
this is an impressive piece that sums up our position as DHs, thanks for this.
1In all honesty I don't think theirs any DH that will [/b]come out here and say he/she is having it easy.
[b]
[b][/b]
I also understand lionlee's position to an extent. Nobody is asking Pickers/Shippers not to collect extra charges, but do it with moderation, do it with decency, all these unnecessary exploitations are uncalled-for.

You send a deal to a Picker/shipper with the intention of selling as TLC and by the time they slam there usual charges on it, you end up looking for ways to sell the said item AIN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.