Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (215176 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rakiticbarca: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2022
oluwacharisme:
His Facebook account is Bolu Tife and his blog, heynaija.com and Instagram page @heynaijadeals is still active.
He has restricted me from commenting on his page.

Account Number: 6050884191
Bank: 9 Payment Service Bank
Boluwatife Daramola
sorry to hear about this. Delete the name so his number can be displayed on your screenshot while you also post the said number here.
Next time you can alway ask for vouch on any account before going ahead with transactions.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rakiticbarca: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Sheriman(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2022
oluwacharisme:
Good day house.

I bought a laptop from Dramzzy last week and I called him on Thursday to help waybill the laptop to Ibadan.
I've been trying to reach him since then but his number is not going through neither has his chats been delivering.

I've been checking his nairaland profile since yesterday and I noticed he is online on nairaland. He also posted on his blog as at yesterday night when i checked.
Don't trust NIGERIANS even up to 40% if your money enters their hand they could do something unbelievable.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Shobbyxi(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good Evening my fellow Nairalanders.

On the 15th of October I sold my client an Omen 15 laptop which was sold to me by Yasolan and client picked up from Yasolan’s handler which he tested before paying. Made a complaint about battery drain at the point of testing which I complained to Yasolan said the Laptop was in perfectly working condition. And I got back to my client and said the same thing. He picked up regardless. On the 18th of October about 4 Days after the person who referred me to the client texted me that Suddenly the Laptop showed a white screen which I told Yasolan almost immediately and he said nothing was wrong with the laptop. A few minutes the screen went blank not even displaying anything anymore. Client was very pissed off that laptop he bought from me never use one week e go off. He brought all his family members with Soldiers threatening me slapping me etc sha. I sha agreed to make refund in Maximum a week time. Sent the laptop back to him said he was going to check it. It’s over 3 days he said not said anything barely responds to calls and text. Help me follow am talk abeg.

Cc Wese90
Cc Kreamie
Cc wildchild
Cc D4donnn
Cc Chelseamann
Cc Omicpet
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by yasolan(m): 11:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Shobbyxi:
Good Evening my fellow Nairalanders.

On the 15th of October I sold my client an Omen 15 laptop which was sold to me by Yasolan and client picked up from Yasolan’s handler which he tested before paying. Made a complaint about battery drain at the point of testing which I complained to Yasolan said the Laptop was in perfectly working condition. And I got back to my client and said the same thing. He picked up regardless. On the 18th of October about 4 Days after the person who referred me to the client texted me that Suddenly the Laptop showed a white screen which I told Yasolan almost immediately and he said nothing was wrong with the laptop. A few minutes the screen went blank not even displaying anything anymore. Client was very pissed off that laptop he bought from me never use one week e go off. He brought all his family members with Soldiers threatening me slapping me etc sha. I sha agreed to make refund in Maximum a week time. Sent the laptop back to him said he was going to check it. It’s over 3 days he said not said anything barely responds to calls and text. Help me follow am talk abeg.

Cc Wese90
Cc Kreamie
Cc wildchild
Cc D4donnn
Cc Chelseamann
Cc Omicpet
I had my first contact with the above moniker on Oct 10 where he requested for pictures of an MSI laptop I advertised on one of the Whatsapp groups. Sequel to Oct 13, he requested for pictures of the HP Omen Laptop I had for sale, he negotiated and we found common ground on price. Oct 14, we agreed I’ll send the laptop to my person in Ikeja so his client can inspect before paying.

Oct 15, his client made contact with the Laptop in Ikeja and they checked for over 30 mins, I never coaxed him nor the client, neither did I complain why it took so long, they took as much time as they could before paying. Before paying he called me via whatsapp and made a claim that battery was draining, I responded that the laptop was in perfect working condition and that he could check the Battery report I generated on the laptop that shows the state of the battery. Time passed, they inspected, made payment and they picked up a perfectly working HP Omen 15 Laptop.

Oct 19, he sent this screenshot (first picture below) making a complaint about the laptop not displaying. I responded by reiterating there was nothing wrong with the laptop and they picked up a perfectly working Laptop, I also reminded him of how they checked for over 30 mins and how their initial claim of battery drain was now out of the window. I also asked if necessary drivers updates were done. “Only God knows what happened to the laptop with the CLIENT”
As per showing concern and responsibility, I suggested we take the Laptop to an engineer I know, to tell us what possibly went wrong.

Oct 20, he called my direct line at 3:12pm still concerning the laptop and how he was facing threats of being harassed by soldiers from his client, claiming the client wants a refund. He further went on to mention how he took the Laptop to a technician (without informing me and without my consent) as the Laptop was OUTSIDE LAGOS. I cautioned his wrong move but I still showed concern by going with what we agreed the day before despite them picking up a PERFECTLY WORKING LAPTOP( For context, I had the Laptop since August and I tested it a couple of times to ascertain it’s perfect working condition).

Oct 22, he texted me with another number asking me to receive the laptop (Waybill), I declined because this was not what we agreed, besides I was unavailable to receive it. I went on to send him the details of the Engineer and somehow the engineer received it Saturday’s evening. The next day being a Sunday (no work day). Engineer mentioned to do the check on Monday (Oct 24).

Oct 25- Today. According to the engineer, his other pending jobs didn’t allow him make a comprehensive check, I had to send someone on ground for real time updates. We hope to get a verdict by tomorrow (Oct 26).

PS: I have always responded to your texts (the best form of communication, record keeping)
Although, on some occasions response was delayed due to my schedule. Plus I have sincerely apologized for the delay in checks by the Engineer.

Forgive my typos please.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 1:01am On Oct 27, 2022
Master Shobbyxi I believe it's best we wait for a verdict from the engineer , And oga yasolan , abeg Just try do all you can to ensure they expedite the process. I trust dat it's all gonna be fine Las Las
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 6:16am On Oct 27, 2022
@Shobbyxi ,

How about we exercise a little bit of patience seeing as the laptop has already been dropped off with an engineer? I understand you’re being threatened but this issue would not be laid to rest without the engineer’s verdict.

If you can, get the engineer’s number for monitoring/follow ups so he understands how pressed you are for closure.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by yasolan(m): 10:13am On Oct 28, 2022
yasolan:

I had my first contact with the above moniker on Oct 10 where he requested for pictures of an MSI laptop I advertised on one of the Whatsapp groups. Sequel to Oct 13, he requested for pictures of the HP Omen Laptop I had for sale, he negotiated and we found common ground on price. Oct 14, we agreed I’ll send the laptop to my person in Ikeja so his client can inspect before paying.

Oct 15, his client made contact with the Laptop in Ikeja and they checked for over 30 mins, I never coaxed him nor the client, neither did I complain why it took so long, they took as much time as they could before paying. Before paying he called me via whatsapp and made a claim that battery was draining, I responded that the laptop was in perfect working condition and that he could check the Battery report I generated on the laptop that shows the state of the battery. Time passed, they inspected, made payment and they picked up a perfectly working HP Omen 15 Laptop.

Oct 19, he sent this screenshot (first picture below) making a complaint about the laptop not displaying. I responded by reiterating there was nothing wrong with the laptop and they picked up a perfectly working Laptop, I also reminded him of how they checked for over 30 mins and how their initial claim of battery drain was now out of the window. I also asked if necessary drivers updates were done. “Only God knows what happened to the laptop with the CLIENT”
As per showing concern and responsibility, I suggested we take the Laptop to an engineer I know, to tell us what possibly went wrong.

Oct 20, he called my direct line at 3:12pm still concerning the laptop and how he was facing threats of being harassed by soldiers from his client, claiming the client wants a refund. He further went on to mention how he took the Laptop to a technician (without informing me and without my consent) as the Laptop was OUTSIDE LAGOS. I cautioned his wrong move but I still showed concern by going with what we agreed the day before despite them picking up a PERFECTLY WORKING LAPTOP( For context, I had the Laptop since August and I tested it a couple of times to ascertain it’s perfect working condition).

Oct 22, he texted me with another number asking me to receive the laptop (Waybill), I declined because this was not what we agreed, besides I was unavailable to receive it. I went on to send him the details of the Engineer and somehow the engineer received it Saturday’s evening. The next day being a Sunday (no work day). Engineer mentioned to do the check on Monday (Oct 24).

Oct 25- Today. According to the engineer, his other pending jobs didn’t allow him make a comprehensive check, I had to send someone on ground for real time updates. We hope to get a verdict by tomorrow (Oct 26).

PS: I have always responded to your texts (the best form of communication, record keeping)
Although, on some occasions response was delayed due to my schedule. Plus I have sincerely apologized for the delay in checks by the Engineer.

Forgive my typos please.

Update on this: Engineer couldn’t diagnose nor fix. Different things could have happened from their end that hasn’t been mentioned. Laptop has been with me since Aug 12 upto the point of sale and nothing happened to it
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Shobbyxi(m): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2022
Good Morning all.

As of today 28th of October. Yasolan told me the engineer couldn’t diagnose the laptop. I asked for way forward and he was telling me about him testing the laptop and my client also testing before paying. Looking like he doesn’t want to refund or even look at ways for us to settle the whole laptop case.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rexraph18(m): 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
Just as in phones which I have more knowledge about than laptops.
(Used electronics generally)

There could be an issue which only real time usage of said item can reveal.

We do well to check for every basic functionality, and can still miss out on something that an actual user will detect.

Also, there’s possibility something could have happened from actual users end which is unknown as engineer no fit diagnose.

Buyer/middleman and seller try find a common ground to work things out.

#peace

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kirin(m): 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
Dispute with jamesilvar

I made a request in buffalo grove IL group for an i7/i9 Alienware with a 3rd gen rtx. Jamesilver amongst others privately messaged me with what they had and I continued with Jamesilvar’s.

He sent me only 1 picture at first. When I asked for more he added 3 more pictures.

He didn’t say anything about the laptop as having any faults despite not being new, so I assumed it was clean and faultless as seen on the pictures.

He gave me a timeframe of two weeks for the laptop to arrive but I ended up waiting for about a month. On arrival I had him deliver it to a friend of mine in lagos as he was coming down to Minna for his leave from work. My friend received the laptop around 5-6pm on monday 28 November 2022. I asked my friend to check it which he did and he told me that the laptop fan was making a lot of noise and the keyboard lights weren’t also working. I told thanked him and told him to bring the laptop down to Minna since he was a novice regarding laptops and its accessories. I did not flag it to james. I was sincerely hoping it would be a minor case and I wouldn’t have to bother james about it.

My friend arrived Minna with the laptop on Wednesday 30th November 2022 and I told him to hold on to it as my wedding was around the corner, slated for 2nd December 2022. After the wedding I retrieved the laptop on 4th of December 2022 and examined it thoroughly. I found out all the faults my friend observed were true and more. The laptop beside the fan’s noise and lack of keyboard lights, also was heating up intensely and also froze whilst in use until powered down. I also noticed that the laptop had a bold sticker stating that it was refurbished. And that really triggered my worries.

At first I called up james to tell him of the faults about the fan and freezing up of the laptop, but to my surprise he immediately jumped to defense that it was not his fault that the laptop was ok at pickup. He said when I noticed the fault why didn’t I tell him immediately (the laptop I paid for). I told him my reasons but he was just trying to capitalize on the fact that I didn’t tell him when my friend saw it hence he won’t do anything. He claimed that it might have been the transportation of the laptop that brought about those faults. I left him alone.

After a while I decided to let him know that the laptop was refurbished. He said he had no idea and that wasn’t his problem. I told him that clearly he has breached our contract because used laptops and refurbished laptops are not the same. He said the seller didn’t tell him and I said I will not bear the brunt of an information gap between him and his seller.

A dispute resolution was arranged via whatsapp and he was still found guilty and was asked to come to a compromise by retrieving the laptop, fixing it and returning it back or by refunding me my money.

He still has remained adamant and refused to do anything about it. Thus I advise that all and any should desist from doing business with him as this has turned into a pattern for him. It’s fraud and nothing more. Be careful. Don’t fall a victim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jamessilvar

Over to you. You’ve been called out.
Kirin:
Dispute with jamesilvar

I made a request in buffalo grove IL group for an i7/i9 Alienware with a 3rd gen rtx. Jamesilver amongst others privately messaged me with what they had and I continued with Jamesilvar’s.

He sent me only 1 picture at first. When I asked for more he added 3 more pictures.

He didn’t say anything about the laptop as having any faults despite not being new, so I assumed it was clean and faultless as seen on the pictures.

He gave me a timeframe of two weeks for the laptop to arrive but I ended up waiting for about a month. On arrival I had him deliver it to a friend of mine in lagos as he was coming down to Minna for his leave from work. My friend received the laptop around 5-6pm on monday 28 November 2022. I asked my friend to check it which he did and he told me that the laptop fan was making a lot of noise and the keyboard lights weren’t also working. I told thanked him and told him to bring the laptop down to Minna since he was a novice regarding laptops and its accessories. I did not flag it to james. I was sincerely hoping it would be a minor case and I wouldn’t have to bother james about it.

My friend arrived Minna with the laptop on Wednesday 30th November 2022 and I told him to hold on to it as my wedding was around the corner, slated for 2nd December 2022. After the wedding I retrieved the laptop on 4th of December 2022 and examined it thoroughly. I found out all the faults my friend observed were true and more. The laptop beside the fan’s noise and lack of keyboard lights, also was heating up intensely and also froze whilst in use until powered down. I also noticed that the laptop had a bold sticker stating that it was refurbished. And that really triggered my worries.

At first I called up james to tell him of the faults about the fan and freezing up of the laptop, but to my surprise he immediately jumped to defense that it was not his fault that the laptop was ok at pickup. He said when I noticed the fault why didn’t I tell him immediately (the laptop I paid for). I told him my reasons but he was just trying to capitalize on the fact that I didn’t tell him when my friend saw it hence he won’t do anything. He claimed that it might have been the transportation of the laptop that brought about those faults. I left him alone.

After a while I decided to let him know that the laptop was refurbished. He said he had no idea and that wasn’t his problem. I told him that clearly he has breached our contract because used laptops and refurbished laptops are not the same. He said the seller didn’t tell him and I said I will not bear the brunt of an information gap between him and his seller.

A dispute resolution was arranged via whatsapp and he was still found guilty and was asked to come to a compromise by retrieving the laptop, fixing it and returning it back or by refunding me my money.

He still has remained adamant and refused to do anything about it. Thus I advise that all and any should desist from doing business with him as this has turned into a pattern for him. It’s fraud and nothing more. Be careful. Don’t fall a victim.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lilachiever(m): 9:22am On Dec 12, 2022
This Jamesilvar again
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Gbolahan111: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2022
lilachiever:
This Jamesilvar again

Drop his phone number. Let me check my record
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kirin(m): 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
Gbolahan111:

Drop his phone number. Let me check my record

+234 813 825 5468
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
It’s typical of him to behave in a certain way but we’re giving him a benefit of the doubt to clear his name
lilachiever:
This Jamesilvar again
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kirin(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2022
Kreamie:
It’s typical of him to behave in a certain way but we’re giving him a benefit of the doubt to clear his name

Ok then. On the interim however, I still strongly advise that members should be careful and stay clear of him until he proves himself worthy as you said, as doing business with him from his track record is tantamount to being defrauded!

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by mrklock(m): 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
//
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
mrklock:
Good day house!!! I will try to make this short.

On the 23rd of April I posted a Request for a FACTORY UNLOCKED iPhone 12 Pro Max and Hayzed111 message me that he has 256g I told him that what I have budgeted for is 128g he said the 128g is locked but the 256g and 512g is unlocked. I asked how much and we got to agree for 500K. Then he (Hayzed111) sent me phone screen showing imei and storage and battery health, and even a video of the phone. And phone imei was showing no sim restriction which I happily picked. My mistake was not running the imei, because

1) I trusted him. (I believe he knows the consequences of trying to scam one of us)

2) He sent a screen already showing it’s unlocked for all carriers.

3) My request was specific. *Factory Unlocked iPhone 12 Pro Max.

My client Picked his new phone directly from airport. On Thursday my client called me with a very harsh tone shouting that I’ve scammed him and sold him a stolen phone, I pleaded with him to calm down and explain things slowly for me. He now told me that he sold the phone to another person only to find out that the phone is locked, that it is fraud, I ask him what he meant by locked, only to Check the imei and find that it was locked to T-Mobile, I then checked my record book and the imei, so I messaged Hayzed111 telling him about the phone, he replied and I quote
“Boss honestly I don’t even know what to say about this because this phone bought as FU and I sold it as FU so I no fit go meet obas now tell am phone of March after 9month”

I am forced to believe that a WWU iPhone 12 Pro Max was sold as factory unlocked thinking I will not blow back, 8months later, the phone was reset and it went back to being locked, after all a Leopard cannot change its skin.

After some deliberation and discussions we couldn’t reach a decision or even an agreement. I therefore table this matter to the house for deliberations and solutions. Thank you for your time.

@Hayzed111

@Kreamie
@omicpet
@wese90
@bobo65
@ohizzy
@Lekjons
@Rakiticbarca
@humblesteve
@Cvesta
@McMayor
@Chelseamann
@adarabi
@GadgetInstinct
@aterejr
@sheelay
@piro007
@nurex01
@aminds1
@lekkanberry
@Rawlingsko
@henrixx
@olorunsola1
@Felai
@cupid4ig
@anopheles
@babaisaac

Item not as described
Hayzed111 you should reach out to buyer to make an agreement asap

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by saleemoxide(m): 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2022
mrklock:

On the 23rd of April I posted a Request for a FACTORY UNLOCKED iPhone 12 Pro Max and Hayzed111 message me that he has 256g I told him that what I have budgeted for is 128g he said the 128g is locked but the 256g and 512g is unlocked. I asked how much and we got to agree for 500K. Then he (Hayzed111) sent me phone screen showing imei and storage and battery health, and even a video of the phone. And phone imei was showing no sim restriction which I happily picked. My mistake was not running the imei, because

1) I trusted him. (I believe he knows the consequences of trying to scam one of us)

My client Picked his new phone directly from airport. On Thursday my client called me with a very harsh tone shouting that I’ve scammed him and sold him a stolen phone, I pleaded with him to calm down and explain things slowly for me. He now told me that he sold the phone to another person only to find out that the phone is locked, that it is fraud, I ask him what he meant by locked, only to Check the imei and find that it was locked to T-Mobile, I then checked my record book and the imei, so I messaged Hayzed111 telling him about the phone, he replied and I quote
“Boss honestly I don’t even know what to say about this because this phone bought as FU and I sold it as FU so I no fit go meet obas now tell am phone of March after 9month”

I am forced to believe that a WWU iPhone 12 Pro Max was sold as factory unlocked thinking I will not blow back, 8months later, the phone was reset and it went back to being locked, after all a Leopard cannot change its skin.

After some deliberation and discussions we couldn’t reach a decision or even an agreement. I therefore table this matter to the house for deliberations and solutions. Thank you for your time.

@Hayzed111

@Kreamie
@omicpet
@wese90
@bobo65
@ohizzy
@Lekjons
@Rakiticbarca
@humblesteve
@Cvesta
@McMayor
@Chelseamann
@adarabi
@GadgetInstinct
@aterejr
@sheelay
@piro007
@nurex01
@aminds1
@lekkanberry
@Rawlingsko
@henrixx
@olorunsola1
@Felai
@cupid4ig
@anopheles
@babaisaac
Based on my understanding.
Hayzed is at fault here. Because before you ever buy an item as TLC,
It's like a constant K to run a Check and see if the phone is Unlocked and IMEI is clean or blacklisted, MDM and stuffs like that.
All deal hunters do that because if you sell a locked phone that was WWU to an end user at the price of factory unlocked.
At first everything will be perfect but One day that person is gonna reset his/her phone and the phone will turn locked.
And now that WWU isn't working anymore.
It means Only chip or Wi-Fi can work.
I for one rarely run IMEI when I'm buying AIN items from a reseller in naija. Once multiple vouch given is given that seller is legit to my satisfaction. I'll deal with you because I believe before you pickup the item you must have ran IMEI...
We all know 12 pro max 256Gb CU ain't Worth even near 500k!
The buyer won't agree again cuz he'll want his money back Plain and simple.
Hayzed is at fault and he has to balance up.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Sbawa(m): 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
Item's NOT as described. It doesnt matter how long it takes, because dis has nothing to do with functionality, (which usually has a limited guarantee/warranty). Fone was sold as FU. So Hayzed has to compensate for that.
mrklock:

@Hayzed111

@Kreamie
@omicpet
@wese90
@bobo65
@ohizzy
@Lekjons
@Rakiticbarca
@humblesteve
@Cvesta
@McMayor
@Chelseamann
@adarabi
@GadgetInstinct
@aterejr
@sheelay
@piro007
@nurex01
@aminds1
@lekkanberry
@Rawlingsko
@henrixx
@olorunsola1
@Felai
@cupid4ig
@anopheles
@babaisaac

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by thetechie: 1:21am On Dec 18, 2022
mrklock:

@Hayzed111

@Kreamie
@omicpet
@wese90
@bobo65
@ohizzy
@Lekjons
@Rakiticbarca
@humblesteve
@Cvesta
@McMayor
@Chelseamann
@adarabi
@GadgetInstinct
@aterejr
@sheelay
@piro007
@nurex01
@aminds1
@lekkanberry
@Rawlingsko
@henrixx
@olorunsola1
@Felai
@cupid4ig
@anopheles
@babaisaac

@Hayzed111 there’s really no reason for this matter to have gotten to this forum in the 1st place. The items sold wasn’t what you described to @mrklock. Kindly do the needful by reaching an agreement with MrKlock on how best you both can resolve this.

Gracias

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Elpacino481(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
mrklock:

@Hayzed111

@Kreamie
@omicpet
@wese90
@bobo65
@ohizzy
@Lekjons
@Rakiticbarca
@humblesteve
@Cvesta
@McMayor
@Chelseamann
@adarabi
@GadgetInstinct
@aterejr
@sheelay
@piro007
@nurex01
@aminds1
@lekkanberry
@Rawlingsko
@henrixx
@olorunsola1
@Felai
@cupid4ig
@anopheles
@babaisaac
Can you share pictures of the said imei where it was shown No sim Restriction. And also @Hayzed111 you're hereby summoned to say your own side of the story. Keeping quiet won't help you.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by mrklock(m): 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2022
Elpacino481:
Can you share pictures of the said imei where it was shown No sim Restriction. And also @Hayzed111 you're hereby summoned to say your own side of the story. Keeping quiet won't help you.

Attached is the pictures supporting my claim.
1) factory unlocked 256g
2) phone screen showing no sim restrictions

Cc: Hayzed111

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by BleedTears: 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
mrklock:

1) factory unlocked 256g

All this are not necessary because to the best of my knowledge iPhone IMEI cannot be changed. That you will say the guy changed another iPhone with the the IMEI of the factory unlocked that you sold to him.

So if it's the IMEI is the same as the one you sold.

Then you have to sort things out with the guy.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by battousaiX(m): 7:59am On Dec 19, 2022
Read what he posted again sir. No be Hayzed111 you quote
BleedTears:

All this are not necessary because to the best of my knowledge iPhone IMEI cannot be changed. That you will say the guy changed another iPhone with the the IMEI of the factory unlocked that you sold to him.

So if it's the IMEI is the same as the one you sold.

Then you have to sort things out with the guy.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Elpacino481(m): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2022
mrklock:

1) factory unlocked 256g

Please send back the phone to seller ASAP and seller should send back the phone to his picker. And you get refunded. Buying phone 8 months or 1 year is not an excuse. Its not a case of phone damage or issues but clearly a locked phone sold as Factory Unlocked. For seller not to come out and explain shows he's aware and somewhat guilty. So send the phone to him and collect your refund or involve the Police if he's not complying simple.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by amolan: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dear Nairalanders,
I am writing to bring to your attention a troubling situation that I am currently facing.

On December 3rd, Rawlingsko advertised a 13 pro phone that was locked to T-Mobile. I contacted him on December 10th to inquire about the phone and he assured me that it was still available and that the IMEI was clean with no blacklist records,
with this in mind, I went ahead and made the Payment on 10th December 2022.

However, upon receiving the phone here in Nigeria on the 31st of December and attempting to unlock it, I discovered that the Phone had been marked as stolen or not delivered by a T-Mobile customer on the 19th of December,2022.

I immediately contacted Rawlingsko on 1st January 2023, hoping that we could resolve this issue and find a way to sort it out between us. Unfortunately, he refused to take any responsibility and claimed that the ownership of the phone was transferred to me the moment I bought it from him. He said, “The moment you bought the phone off me, the ownership was transferred to you.”
I am concerned and frustrated by this turn of events, as I DO NOT want to associate with a STOLEN item because I initially planned on using this phone for Personal Use and I am not to be held responsible for this phone.

I am bringing this matter to the attention of Nairalanders in the hopes of finding a resolution.
Thank you for your time and consideration."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by amolan: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2023
@Rawlingsko

@wese90
@bobo65
@ohizzy
@Lekjons
@Rakiticbarca
@humblesteve
@Cvesta
@McMayor
@Chelseamann
@adarabi
@GadgetInstinct
@aterejr
@sheelay
@piro007
@nurex01
@Endaud
@aminds1
@lekkanberry
@henrixx
@olorunsola1
@Felai
@cupid4ig
@anopheles
@babaisaac
@Bilad27
@yalhaji
@Kreamie

amolan:
Dear Nairalanders,
I am writing to bring to your attention a troubling situation that I am currently facing.

On December 3rd, Rawlingsko advertised a 13 pro phone that was locked to T-Mobile. I contacted him on December 10th to inquire about the phone and he assured me that it was still available and that the IMEI was clean with no blacklist records,

However, upon receiving the phone here in Nigeria on the 31st of December and attempting to unlock it, I discovered that the Phone had been marked as stolen or not delivered by a T-Mobile customer on the 19th of December,2022.

I immediately contacted Rawlingsko on 1st January 2023, hoping that we could resolve this issue and find a way to sort it out between us. Unfortunately, he refused to take any responsibility and claimed that the ownership of the phone was transferred to me the moment I bought it from him. He said, “The moment you bought the phone off me, the ownership was transferred to you.”
I am concerned and frustrated by this turn of events, as I DO NOT want to associate with a STOLEN item because I initially planned on using this phone for Personal Use and I am not to be held responsible for this phone.

I am bringing this matter to the attention of Nairalanders in the hopes of finding a resolution.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nicerazor(m): 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
I understand your plight and understand how you feel but truth must be told.
In this case the issue is beyond the control of the deal hunter and cannot be held liable.
If it was a damaged screen or cracked on phone it would have been a different issue.
This is imei blacklist issue, inasmuch as the imei was clean when you bought the item you can’t blame the deal hunter. Things like this happens all the time.
Sellers does this so they can cheat their service providers on a contract phone so they get replacement device and resell the phone and make more money.
I have been doing this biz since 2018 and with this little time I have seen and experienced a lot.
You can buy a phone today and before it get to Naija will get blacklisted, you can’t go and hold the shipper to return phone to seller, you have to move on.
*good thing is you can remove the blacklist status on the phone.
amolan:
Dear Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Endaud(m): 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
I also purchased a Dell Precision 5540 from him, develop a screen issue same day but he totally denied me and said I should take full responsibility of it. Please how can I confirm if the laptop wasn't a stolen item.
amolan:
@Rawlingsko

@wese90
@bobo65
@ohizzy
@Lekjons
@Rakiticbarca
@humblesteve
@Cvesta
@McMayor
@Chelseamann
@adarabi
@GadgetInstinct
@aterejr
@sheelay
@piro007
@nurex01
@Endaud
@aminds1
@lekkanberry
@henrixx
@olorunsola1
@Felai
@cupid4ig
@anopheles
@babaisaac
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nicerazor(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
If you confirmed imei was clean before making payment you cannot blame the deal hunter bro. Things like this happens.
amolan:
Dear Nairalanders,

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.