Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,541 members, 7,801,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (215009 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by timijoseph01(m): 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2020
Alfred74:

Nothing do your English alaye.
If my tone sounds more like an insult,then I should get a 4 months ban/blacklist like kulkid did,abi no be the unwritten rule for being too vocal/rude be that?

@ bolded ,I'm talking worst case scenario abi make I bring dictionary? worst case scenario Mr President,kajiko?
judgement overturned, but you'd rather stick to the past.. whatever months you want to give your self.. e no concern me..

oh really,, it's now "worst case scenario",, kosi wahala baba mi.. God help us all..
all the essence of my typings since morning is for people to Sha see beyond the individuals.. destroying the system no good for anyone.
Peace smiley

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by elvisco44: 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Kreamie:
THE VERDICT BY THE DISPUTE TEAM IS TO KEEP KULKID ON THE BLACKLIST TILL THE END OF MARCH 2021.

Where the meeting take place? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by umar4sure(m): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
It’s one thing to air constructive criticism at a group of people on there decisions while it’s totally another to blatantly accuse them of bias and selfish agendas.
A stand was taken by them which a lot of wise men here felt should not be so and presented their own views based on previously set rules and logic. Granted that given time, I believed a compromise would have been reached.

Whether we acknowledge it or not, this thread helped kept this section sane and safe at least to a reasonable degree of acceptability. One of its subtle objectives was to encourage private handling of disputes without them rearing their ugly heads here. And those judges that are been painted black today, they helped made that happen voluntarily.

Then entered the stheoriest and democraziest. Why or where their unfounded allegations came from they wouldn’t say, but let me remind us that countries have been destroyed following similar antics and from all indications this thread is headed towards that path.

Congratulations, stheoriest and democrazist.
There’s still the issue of hotdealz and more recently forkdragnet....if you’ll all kindly proffer solutions at least for the sake of justice maybe you’ll have achieved something good by fanning the embers of discord.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
timijoseph01:

judgement overturned, but you'd rather stick to the past.. whatever months you want to give your self.. e no concern me..

oh really,, it's now "worst case scenario",, kosi wahala baba mi.. God help us all..
all the essence of my typings since morning is for people to Sha see beyond the individuals.. destroying the system no good for anyone.
Peace smiley

You see as you dodge bullet with e no concern you o grin
Even as buhari no gree rule well and he no won step down,Nigerians dey ask for amalgamation.

My words can't do shll##t on this thread,so worry not,na men wey matter go still talk eventually. I just dey air my views noni,innu lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmanu19(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
Sportwin:

That's the sign of a proud and puffed up person
Since they are aware that everyone is liable to mistake
Why not state that fact ...when called out apologise and do the needful

The only difference in their attitude is that they speak from a position of power

Are you this dumb? Really ?
Its people like you that nigeria needs to get rid off for that place to be better. Omo see sense of reasoning Chai. Slavery mentality

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmanu19(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ipsum:

They don't owe you an explanation for deciding to step down cos this is what most people don't understand in the first place. Everything so far has been "voluntary" work. People came forward & decided to volunteer.

The thread is freee now. Anyone can even create thier own blacklist & put it in red. Is that not the beauty of freedom? Lol

People cannot decide to withdraw thier participation in a democracy? As a matter of fact, isn't it because of that democratic process that "the public" will now become the moderator, judge, jury & executioner of the thread all in one?

There's a difference between challenging a decision, trying to understand a decision, & outright concluding & selling a skewed narrative. I also tried to understand the decision with questions too by the way.

You can't eat your cake & have it. You want the same people you've accused of being evil tyrants & all sort of names to continue handling your responsibility? What do Nigerians even want sef? Na real wa..

Well, yea, "No be by who tey pass" I guess. This is why "The public" is now the moderator, judge, jury & executioner all in one.

No more cabal again. So biko make we rest. Thanks

God bless you ipsum. Them go learn

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by KulKid(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ipsum:
I can see from the first page of this thread that there's no more a blacklist. It has been deleted & everyone removed.

This is one of the consequences of blatantly accusing & labelling people heartless tyrants, when all they're just trying to do is keep this place safe.

Even the court of law, an institution that has been around for hundreds of years, filled with a lot of experts & professionals who breathe the law in & out everyday, is not perfect.

Then how much more, a team made of ordinary sellers like you and I who are just trying to help & make sure that though resolutions might not be 100% perfect all the time, it should to a very large extent keep this place. And will continue to be optimized until we near that 100% perfection.

It's funny how the same people who have contributed alot to keep this place safe became evil tyrants, wicked & all sorts of name overnight because of one case we all knew was a little bit complicated.

Most of you here come from extended families or medium sized families. You've seen disputes. You've seen how it normally is. You've seen how different family members can have varying opinions on the same matter. These are people all tied by blood sef.

Yet you login to NL, wear your hypocritical garment and act as if it is forbidden for strangers to have varying degrees of opinions on something as complicated as dispute resolution in the first place.

Instead of tabling your facts with constructive arguments like it should be in a place like this, you resorted to tantrums, name-calling, & painting the image of an evil cabal until you created the story you wanted & sold it. Congratulations!

If I was on that team, I would have washed my hands off it to protect my image too. And now that there's no more a blacklist, I'm guessing everyone has to an extent. Very good.

Since dispute resolution is sooooo easy & MUST satisfy every single person 100% leaving no slight room for even say 1% or 2% discontent, the cabals, the Buharis & evil people have all now removed thier hands.

All ye prisoners of war, rejoice!!! freedom has come at last. The thread is now freee. If you have any issue with anybody, type to your hearts desire then go to bed. Maybe by tommorow morning, those who have the time will say something or "moya look away".

"The public" is now the moderator..... Enjoy. kiss kiss
Well I'm going to say this, there are bad people and also there are good people but never use sentiments to judge and also remember a person is subject to change. This whole issue was clearly a case of abuse of power. Where was the verdict even given? Who made the decision to include extra 4 months ban and on what ground? Fully knowing the accused has already served his term? Bruh disagree with me all you like but from their current actions taken it just goes on to prove this guys no really send anyone they just make decisions that will only benefit them and their co-workers. Lets just act as our brothers keeper and show love more than hate. There should be a new voting of who should be placed as judges here and I suggest it is done fast. Bobo65 is a man of honor, alongside omicpet the rest I can't really say much because we haven't met before so I would suggest others can bring suggestions on how to elect a new panel of judges here.

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by suco01(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
timijoseph01:

Guy Rest!!! The judgment has been overturned by dragnet himself. Are you more interested in piking a fight than getting justice??
Kulkid has been vindicated, read prev posts abeg... Stop these stupid behavior jare..
I don't know why you lot think rediculing these "judges" is a WIN for you,, just like someone said before if you have any Fact bring it forward here and let I be discussed..!! Stop these conspiracy theories.. Bring facts forward and it be discussed here.. You do realize have equal right with those "judges" right??

Incase you missed this.. Read again

It's not even rocket science to know that insulting & ridiculing the system is shooting yourself in the foot,, why not call anyone that erred out with facts, and let the be removed from the jury...!!

If u don't want to be unfortunate in life don't ever quote me. Who are you and do I know you. Wisdom doesn't cost much when you can keep quiet if what I said doesn't go down well with your maggot infested brain, loud mouthed ignorant.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rexraph18(m): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
KulKid:
Well I'm going to say this, there are bad people and also there are good people but never use sentiments to judge and also remember a person is subject to change. This whole issue was clearly a case of abuse of power. Where was the verdict even given? Who made the decision to include extra 4 months ban and on what ground? Fully knowing the accused has already served his term? Bruh disagree with me all you like but from their current actions taken it just goes on to prove this guys no really send anyone they just make decisions that will only benefit them and their co-workers. Lets just act as our brothers keeper and show love more than hate. There should be a new voting of who should be placed as judges here and I suggest it is done fast. Bobo65 is a man of honor, alongside omicpet the rest I can't really say much because we haven't met before so I would suggest others can bring suggestions on how to elect a new panel of judges here.

grin grin

Elect new panel of judges wey una go use mouth finish abi. grin

My people have a proverb that says "onwegi onye aha ya d'nma na nkporohihi". (Abeg if you fit interprete in English pls do as I no go school finish)
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Zino1011(m): 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2020
timijoseph01:

Probably my English is rusty, but this doesn't look like critisim to me.. Sounds more like an insult than critisim against those who have willingly done this for years.. But again, I guess my English is rusty..
But you are still yet to answer the questions in that post you quoted Sha.. You would rather this thread closed down than take charge??
Nevermind self, our objectives are different obviously
Dont grant him audience

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Zino1011:
Dont grant him audience

You are wasting your time,madness no get monopoly. I treat others the way dem treat me.
Those screenshot small,I have said worse,you only need to dig a little dipper,you'll find more. You need digger?

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Surface11(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
Rexraph18:

grin grin

Elect new panel of judges wey una go use mouth finish abi. grin

My people have a proverb that says "onwegi onye aha ya d'nma na nkporohihi". (Abeg if you fit interprete in English pls do as I no go school finish)
endSars endSars and we enjoyed the looting and civil unrest while it lasted. Biko allow them to enjoy a lawless forum for a month or a semester then they will understand the importance of elders in townhall meetings. Why not an Amendment of the rules small small, so una wan vote in some new inexperienced judges right ?. Premium tears loading lmao
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Reading people dish out insults to ones post/contribution is really saddening.

Must you guys abuse?

If you dont like an issue just state your stand.

You guys have got to realise people are not same, some are normal and some are not.

When you realise this, you find it easy to accept some people's stand/opinion on issues.

The best thing on this Nairaland honestly is to just sell your market and mind your business honestly but we trying to do all these so that things wouldn't go bunkers.

Express your stand and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
ForkDragnet:
That’s a Tlc deal and I had no knowledge of it being faulty, seller said no ram and ssd apart from that everything works fine and I stated the same thing to the buyer.
Ikembz if what forkdragnet said is the truth, it'd be difficult to put the whole blame on him because there's no way he'd have known the condition of the laptop since it was been sold without RAM & SSD.

The thing is that you can start up a laptop with the RAM and no storage device, you'd know the laptop's fine but without RAM, a laptop can never come on and we won't expect forkdragnet to have those on him just to test the laptop; even an engineer won't be carrying RAM or storage devices everywhere he goes....

It's a difficult call here...

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ikembz(m): 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
FluxEmpire:
Ikembz if what forkdragnet said is the truth, it'd be difficult to put the whole blame on him because there's no way he'd have known the condition of the laptop since it was been sold without RAM & SSD.

The thing is that you can start up a laptop with the RAM and no storage device, you'd know the laptop's fine but without RAM, a laptop can never come on and we won't expect forkdragnet to have those on him just to test the laptop; even an engineer won't be carrying RAM or storage devices everywhere he goes....

Boss..me have searched for this board..if u can remember..I asked you onr certain day about it....and u said you don't have...

If it was a parts only Laptop...I guess the I fo should have being passed Across...due to the unavailability of that Laptop board...I have no option than to either return which I have being hitting on...
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Anyone buying such knows it is an obvious gamble and the seller can not be held liable if he passed the information of the missing components to buyer.

You have spoken well.

Ikembz, you were told right?

FluxEmpire:

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
ikembz:

Boss..me have searched for this board..if u can remember..I asked you onr certain day about it....and u said you don't have...

If it was a parts only Laptop...I guess the I fo should have being passed Across...due to the unavailability of that Laptop board...I have no option than to either return which I have being hitting on...
Is there a way we can see the screenshot of the conversation you had with forkdragnet concerning buying the laptop? There are tiny details that would be succinctly looked at to determine what went wrong.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
ikembz:

Pls, send me the picture of the laptop both front and the two sides.. I'd ask some people who sell boards if they have it.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Sportwin(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
emmanu19:

Are you this dumb? Really ?
Its people like you that nigeria needs to get rid off for that place to be better. Omo see sense of reasoning Chai. Slavery mentality
Read your post again
Does it make sense ?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Omo, but if you look at it this way, You need 500k,
you can't just swindle one person, cause it'll be loud and will have to repay or be blacklisted ASAP.
But collect 2.5 million from 5 people, and pay back 2 million,
the matter won't be as loud, cause it's just 100k to balance each person, instead of 500k for one person,
This stuff na low-key sense oh

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Zino1011(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
Onyeka90210:
you can't just swindle one person, cause it'll be loud and will have to repay or be blacklisted ASAP.
the matter won't be as loud, cause it's just 100k to balance each person, instead of 500k for one person,
He did it on purpose.This was a well planned Ponzi scheme.No friend scammed him.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ForkDragnet: 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
FluxEmpire:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by KulKid(m): 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jamesilvar:

Lol
Now the entire thing is looking like child's play. Has there ever been any volunteer service that doesn't attract criticisms? Choosing to serve voluntarily doesn't mean you are not answerable to the people you serve. All I see, if this write up is actually what is obtainable at the moment is just unnecessary flaunting of ego and pride with no sense of humility which is very much required if you choose to serve. If you make a decision and the people you say you serve don't accept it, it's your duty to enlighten them on the decision and why it was made. Stepping down cos they didn't accept your decision and are demanding for an explanation is a show of contempt to the service you render and by extension to the recipients of such service.

I just hope it's not true that the moderators have stepped down seeing as they haven't actually come up to say so and their names are still appearing as moderators. But if they have actually done so, then it was just a charade all along.

ego veni in pace
True words from someone who actually knows how a system should work.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ikembz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
omotolsy:
Anyone buying such knows it is an obvious gamble and the seller can not be held liable if he passed the information of the missing components to buyer.

You have spoken well.

Ikembz, you were told right?

Nope..I wasn't told boss...if a detailed info like this was specified...I guess I would have opted out..
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
He has attached an image above that shows what was advertised. Is that what he advertised?
If it isn't can you share with us the advert you saw.
ikembz:

Nope..I wasn't told boss...if a detailed info like this was specified...I guess I would have opted out..
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ikembz(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
omotolsy:
He has attached an image above that shows what was advertised. Is that what he advertised?
If it isn't can you share with us the advert you saw.

You don't get...if he had stated that,he won't be held accountable ,if that Laptop had any issue,as it's coming with no components Which am aware of...I guess that would​ have being a different scenario...
Now no T&C was given on this...(You can ask him ..if he did..let him drop a screenshot)
Take for instance...Alaba markets that sell Non tested products...These products are given a T&C, that if bought and faulty​,u can't return the item..So I don't get where your previous words was leading to..He advertised a laptop with no RAm And HDD (Now if it was a laptop for parts).I presume a quote should have specified that in the advert...

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
My previous words?

Okay uncle.

You guys help them out.

Thanks
ikembz:

You don't get...if he had stated that,he won't be held accountable ,if that Laptop had any issue,as it's coming with no components Which am aware of...I guess that would​ have being a different scenario...
Now no T&C was given on this...(You can ask him ..if he did..let him drop a screenshot)
Take for instance...Alaba markets that sell Non tested products...These products are given a T&C, that if bought and faulty​,u can't return the item..So I don't get where your previous words was leading to..He advertised a laptop with no RAm And HDD (Now if it was a laptop for parts).I presume a quote should have specified that in the advert...
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ikembz(m): 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
omotolsy:
My previous words?

Okay uncle.

You guys help them out.

Thanks

Boss...it was a harmless question.Its just a resolution I seek,coz the seller is not even keen on solving the issue on ground...by being mute...
Or.is that how issues are being reacted to..By keeping mute..?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Lamzee(m): 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
I don’t see anything wrong in buying laptop with no ram and hard disk when you can easily get them here.
The keyboard light will on without the two things missing and it was stated that the system has keyboard light. So, definitely the seller is sure that the system is working perfectly but on getting here and they realized motherboard is not working. I don’t think that’s the buyer’s fault
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Bobby2020: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
Onyeka90210:
Wisdom
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ikembz(m): 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Lamzee:
I don’t see anything wrong in buying laptop with no ram and hard disk when you can easily get them here.
The keyboard light will on without the two things missing and it was stated that the system has keyboard light. So, definitely the seller is sure that the system is working perfectly but on getting here and they realized motherboard is not working. I don’t think that’s the buyer’s fault

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bahause: 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Alfred74:

A judge and jury were condemned for being unfair,next thing they released the whole accused and prisoners wey dem don ever judge grin (CAN'T DEAL WITH CRITICISM/PUTS EMOTIONS FIRST/NOT FIT TO BE JUDGES AND JURY)

Sometimes one head is better than a million heads.
(ANOPHELES WILL BE A FAR BETTER JUDGE THAN ALL OF YOU JUDGES PUT TOGETHER) He no dey lick axxs.I said what I said no cap. Anopheles I no dey campaign for you o,I no know you ,Just that wisdom full your head like oil for south south grin and I no dey always find sentiments in your reasoning.

If yall judges were to do right as expected,a clear explanation would have been given as to why the extra ban was served on kulkid,but none was given because you guys couldn't defend it. I don't think anyone has ever challenged your judgements in here because its JUST. Make nna remember na humans dey this thread no be cattle and sheep. Even cow dey resist fulani man authority sometimes.

Before this thread was born,dispute has been handled in one way or the other,either through jungle justice,police,army or judgment outside of here. So what's the fuss about? Even when thread was closed without prior notice,people still dey do der biz,just that them know who to do business with.
If nna no fit handled one CRITICISM out of like a hundred good judgment wen nna don do right,abeg make nna carry pillow go sleep for house and quit acting like overgrown adults.

BEING A JUDGE HERE IS A SELFLESS ACT WHICH IS WELL APPRECIATED, BUT IF NNA NO FIT HANDLE CRITICISM,MANAGE SMALL POWER OR THREAD NO FIT SERVE ITS PURPOSE. MAKE NNA CLOSE AM DOWN. AFTER ALL PEOPLE DE HANDLE DER SH####T WHEN THREAD NO EXIST.

May bicycle not jam us o lipsrsealed

The first paragraph is apt!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.