Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71595 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 3:16pm On May 29, 2020
ciggy000:

To be honest no much difference in fuel consumption but from related studies I found out that a defective electronic control throttle system could be another reason for the high fuel consumption and that's why I want to get that fixed then evaluate the overall fuel consumption of the ride.

ok good....
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by vinzita1(m): 9:44pm On May 30, 2020
Good evening
Just to be sure
My Camry 2007 having been using Toyota type IV gear oil for over 4month, off which on the dip stick indicated ws,
Is there a problem at the long run?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:47am On May 31, 2020
vinzita1:

Good evening
Just to be sure
My Camry 2007 having been using Toyota type IV gear oil for over 4month, off which on the dip stick indicated ws,
Is there a problem at the long run?
Factory recommendation for your vehicle is Toyota WS transmission oil grade. Anything other than this might cause a damage to your transmission. Pls try as soon as possible to replace the oil with the recommended oil which is WS.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Been a long time since I posted anything ... How have we been?
Still very much available to assist.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
good day
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by autologic: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
AutoMoTech:
Been a long time since I posted anything ... How have we been?
Still very much available to assist.
Let learn something new from you too
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
autologic:

Let learn something new from you too
What new thing would you like to learn?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Miyachi: 8:24am On Jun 17, 2020
Good morning house,
My 08/09 Camry starts and stalls after some 5 seconds.
I changed the battery earlier today, that's when the problem started.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by autologic: 8:36am On Jun 17, 2020
Miyachi:
Good morning house,
My 08/09 Camry starts and stalls after some 5 seconds.
I changed the battery earlier today, that's when the problem started.
Memory loss issue suspected cos of the initial battery removed .
Do a reset on the powertrain for the engine computer to relearn.

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Miyachi: 9:42am On Jun 17, 2020
autologic:
Memory loss issue suspected cos of the initial battery removed .
Do a reset on the powertrain for the engine computer to relearn.
Thanks. Problem solved.
I revved the engine a bit and drove the car around. AutoMoTech advised that I do that.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2020
Miyachi:

Thanks. Problem solved.
I revved the engine a bit and drove the car around. AutoMoTech advised that I do that.
NICE....
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:13am On Jun 28, 2020
Good morning NLers. Got a problem with your car? share. Lets help your diagnose the fault correctly and assist with the fix.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by SpeedRacer(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good evening , changed two torn mounts on my 08 accord and now the car vibrates internally when you sit in it you feel it . This wasn’t there before I changed the seats olease urgent help is needed
I changed the two seats on the drivers side
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
SpeedRacer:
Good evening , changed two torn mounts on my 08 accord and now the car vibrates internally when you sit in it you feel it . This wasn’t there before I changed the seats olease urgent help is needed
I changed the two seats on the drivers side
Since it wasn't there before, there is chance u either got a wrong seating, its improperly fixed or the seatings are bad.
Except if the vehicle has been vibrating before but you didnt notice because of the previous bad engine seats
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
Why do I have to really force my gear lever before it could engage the Drive, but the reverse neutral and park are just normal, but when I shift to Drive it will show neutral until I force it, and I che k my flood level it was on hot position what will I do
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2020
nonhuman:
Why do I have to really force my gear lever before it could engage the Drive, but the reverse neutral and park are just normal, but when I shift to Drive it will show neutral until I force it, and I che k my flood level it was on hot position what will I do
Get a Mechanic to help you check the gear lever and the mechanism for the shifts.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by SpeedRacer(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Since it wasn't there before, there is chance u either got a wrong seating, its improperly fixed or the seatings are bad.
Except if the vehicle has been vibrating before but you didnt notice because of the previous bad engine seats

Took of the one on top of the transmission today and put it back ,
The vibration has greatly reduced. It’s stilk present but not as hard as before
The vibration is only obvious when seated in the car
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
SpeedRacer:

Took of the one on top of the transmission today and put it back ,
The vibration has greatly reduced. It’s stilk present but not as hard as before
The vibration is only obvious when seated in the car
Can you confirm the engine is not misfiring?
Also this vibration is it at idle, at a certain speed or everytime?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Dchair2: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
homeboy205:
This post will go places I will add some stuffs later
Hello please my 010 BMW X6 has its check engine light on and on the console it displays FULL ENGINE POWER NO LONGER AVAILABLE POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE JOURNEY. The scan result was a faulty fuel rail pressure switch, please can you recommend an experienced BMW technician to help me fix it? 08186592677
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Dchair2: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hello, please I need some help, my 010 BMW X6, has the check engine light on and on the console it displays FULL ENGINE POWER NO LONGER AVAILABLE. POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE JOURNEY. when I did a scan it showed a faulty fuel rail pressure switch, please can you recommend a good BMW technician to help fix the problem? 08186592677
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by babtol235(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Please where is the best place to get original absorbers for Toyota Camry envelope and how much should 4cost, I live in IB
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
babtol235:
Please where is the best place to get original absorbers for Toyota Camry envelope and how much should 4cost, I live in IB
Timifakay... Hope you don't mind helping pls...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
Dchair2:
Hello, please I need some help, my 010 BMW X6, has the check engine light on and on the console it displays FULL ENGINE POWER NO LONGER AVAILABLE. POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE JOURNEY. when I did a scan it showed a faulty fuel rail pressure switch, please can you recommend a good BMW technician to help fix the problem? 08186592677
Personal opinion: any competent Technician should be able to help resolve this issue provided its just the fuel rail pressure switch fault. So you just might need a good diagnosis also.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by SpeedRacer(m): 10:45am On Jul 08, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Can you confirm the engine is not misfiring?
Also this vibration is it at idle, at a certain speed or everytime?
No misfire
Car runs great only when idling with a.c. on ,that's when you feel the vibration a lot
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Billiebaba(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2020
Dchair2:
I can fix it, if you the problem still persists.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Sunshyne200(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Personal opinion: any competent Technician should be able to help resolve this issue provided its just the fuel rail pressure switch fault. So you just might need a good diagnosis also.

Good morning AutoMoTech,

I use a Honda Civic 2008, and after entering one dangerous pot hole, the radiator started leaking, it was fixed, but still getting short of water and over heating, then it was bleeded and still the same thing.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Good morning AutoMoTech,

I use a Honda Civic 2008, and after entering one dangerous pot hole, the radiator started leaking, it was fixed, but still getting short of water and over heating, then it was bleeded and still the same thing.
morning sir. there is a high chance you have a leak somewhere else. either internal or xternal. persoanlly is don support fixing a radiator. it works o but i dont suggest it to my customers. replacement usually gives better peace of mind.
now do you experience misfires? after fixing the radiator did you pressure test to check if the system can hold enough pressure? also have you tested the radiator cap if it holds pressure?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
SpeedRacer:

No misfire
Car runs great only when idling with a.c. on ,that's when you feel the vibration a lot
alright...do you still feel the vibration when compressor is off? or regardless its always vibrating?
vibration at idle, when ac is on etc could be as a result of a dirty throttle body/ idle air control valve. check your throttle body (the one they call injector mouth) if its dirty, clean it and see.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Dchair2: 6:24am On Jul 09, 2020
Billiebaba:

I can fix it, if you the problem still persists.
can I have your contact info please or send me a message via WhatsApp 08186592677 thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dchair2:
can I have your contact info please or send me a message via WhatsApp 08186592677 thanks
billiebaba
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Ambalicious(m): 12:19am On Aug 13, 2020
My 2007 Toyota Camry vibrates when I start it. And d check engine light blinks too.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by spencekat(m): 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Restricted fuel/air supply could cause this among many other things. However consider the following;
1. Scan the engine
2. Service injectors
3. Clean throttle body too.
4. Test fuel pump pressure
5. Clean MAF sensor...

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply)

Overloaded Car Spotted At Karim-Imogen Lagos... / Cars Fall Inside Water / Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.