Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79341 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Opomulero1(m): 12:17am On Jun 19, 2007
BIGBOYLARY:

@opomuledown.

What am saying is Secoundary market my bro, we don't have NOSPECTO in UK, but we have a good investments that will turn around your money like i said for real so if u are interested hook up.

@ BigBoy - since we're all on this forum for the same purpose, why don't you just enlighten everybody about these good investments. You might even want to start a separate thread. Then everyone will call you too a guru!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 2:38am On Jun 19, 2007
@All
I went to Skye bank to get more information about the REIT they plan to float and i had a customer care officer call me back with information. She told me that they plan to float it at the end of the month. A REIT is a mutual fund that deals with real estate development. I think it is good for those that want to diversify. For more info
See link below
http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=2413

Opomulero1:

@ BigBoy - since we're all on this forum for the same purpose, why don't you just enlighten everybody about these good investments. You might even want to start a separate thread. Then everyone will call you too a guru!

This is too funny. This guru thing is becoming a life and death issue o. You guys should chhhhiiiiiilllllllll
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 7:11am On Jun 19, 2007
cheexy:

This is too funny. This guru thing is becoming a life and death issue o. You guys should chhhhiiiiiilllllllll

Abi oh.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Sammiejo: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2007
Pls anyone with the CR doc should send to me @ Thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Tmoni(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2007
any news on the NASCON offer,
placed an order and i have heard anything from my broker,
does anyone know if he got the stock or not and how much u will actually get,

just a quick one, who knows the cut off point on the stock, 50k units?

cheers to all, we are all GURUs in one way or the other,
some in stock, some in real estate
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gbengaijot(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2007
i place an order for 1000 units but did not get it yet. Does anyone know how true it is that Diamond bank is floating an IPO
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2007
gbengaijot:

i place an order for 1000 units but did not get it yet. Does anyone know how true it is that Diamond bank is floating an IPO

I thought they cancelled the PO plans after they got some Foreign Direct Investment. Might be wrong.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gbengaijot(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2007
@easimoni, thanks so much for that info. Ok, I am just learning more and more about the stock market. DO you have any recommendations for any hot stocks to buy.

Based on my untrained inexperienced analysis:

I am thinking that Unite Nigerian Textiles, IPWA, LASACO, are good stocks to buy. Can you subject this to scrutiny and give your recommentdations?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by loma(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2007
On Nascon, I placed an order for 40,000 units, but only got 10,000 units

Dear Valued Client

Further to our memo to you on subject last Friday, we wish to announce the basis of allotment of the NASCON shares allocated to us by The Nigerian Stock Exchange from the special sale of 400million units of the company’s shares at the special price of N22 per share.

We were very happy at the large number of applicants who submitted their bids through our firm. This necessitated our having to take extra care to ensure that the allotment basis accommodated all those who applied.

The allotment basis is as follows:

Number of Units Applied for
From(Units) To (Units) Allotment
1 1,000 100%
1,001 4,000 60%
4,001 10,000 40%
11,001 30,000 22.5%
30,001 150,000 20%
150,001 475,000 12.5%
Above 475,000 10%

Thank you very much for your patronage
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2007
@ All

l am worried. cry

l bought  STB shares converted to UBA shares, in 2004, uptil now l have not received any dividend.  However, l received a dividend sometime in 2004 for a bonus share of 100units, which l dont know how it came about, when l wrote them that my shaes units is not 100unit, l will told that it was a bonus share, which till today l have not received any bonus certificate, l also wrote them, l was told to submit a specimen of the  signature  on my application form, which l dont have access to, they told one story of STB registrars not tranfering our files or whatever to UBA registrars.  Till now nothing is done on it.
My question is, has UBA not paid any dividend since 2004? and what becomes of my bonus shares, will be automatically  summed up with my already existing share unit?

Secondly, l learnt from reading post here, that if you dont take up your right issue, your shares will be diluted.  l never took up my right issue with intercontential bank, what happens with my shareholding position? And has they declared any bonus share since 2004? however,  l have been getting dividend regularly from them.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Panadol(m): 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2007
Please recommend a stock broker to use. Thanks!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2007
@panadol

The choice is yours as i open my crystal ball and gaze is see the followings:

1-BGL SECURITIES LIMITED
2-CASHCRAFT ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
3-AFRINVEST WEST AFRICA
4-AMYN INVESTMENTS LIMITED
5-CAPITAL BANCORP LIMITED
6-FSDH SECURITIES LIMITED
7-IBTC ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
8- ZENITH SECURITIES
9CENTER-POINT INVESTMENT LIMITED
10-UNION CAPITAL MARKETS LIMITED.

To mention just a view you can get across to them and make your choice its afree world. cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by afroil: 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2007
@all,
As per NASCON last friday SPECIAL OFFER of N22 per unit, i applied for 22,700units but only given 15,000units.From wot has been alloted to others on dis forum by their Stockbroker, i think i shld consider myself lucky.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by oxytech: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2007
How can I get more accounting info on some listed companies?
I need to see or calculate P/E ratio,Eps etc?

Are they online somewhere?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by oxytech: 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2007
Gurus and non-Gurus!!

Could you put "FOR" or "AGAINST" any of these guys?
Would not mind if you wish to give additional info.

Adswitch
Afprint

Baico insurance
Continental reinsurance
Royal exchange assurance
Custodian and allied
First aluminium
Great nigerian insurance

Grommac
Ipwa
Johnholt
Longman
NCR
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RichDad1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2007
@All,
Please after getting my shares certificate how long will it take me to change it to the cscs account
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Opomulero1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2007
frankiriri:

Abi oh.

@ frankiriri & cheexy

Guru Maharajji? I was just humouring good old BigBoyLary who seems to be promising everything to everyone (but will only deliver off site!).
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wynn: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2007
Pls i am a newbie here though i have been aquianted with the stock market for some years now. i have been investing in blue chips but now i want some penny stock to invest on with a short time of 3- 6 months on mind. i have not been doing these penny stocks, please is there anyone that can give a good recommendation?

I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT TO HELP ME THANKS.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Omoba3(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2007
BIGBOYLARRY

1-BGL SECURITIES LIMITED
3-AFRINVEST WEST AFRICA
8- ZENITH SECURITIES

How could you possibly include Cashcash on your list? You obviously don't know much about them or have used their service.

The most recent fiasco relating to them is to do with the NASCON sale. They were allocated 2 million units and chose to keep every single unit to themselves! My account officer as well as that of others were not happy with this decision but there's nothing they can do.

Sometime in may Cashcraft was being investigated by the SEC. During this process they were shut out of the NSE and couldn't buy or sell. The story they told their clients was that stocks were scarce!

Buy/sell orders are problematic. Updating your account details are problematic! If you pay money in it takes weeks to show up on your account. The list goes on. All you need to do is find other Cashcraft clients willing to share their experience. Visit Stockmarketnigeria, there are too many dissatisfied clients of Cashcraft!

You need to have a better look at your crystal ball grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2007
ATTACHED IS THE CR SERVICES AND THE PROSPECTUS BELOW
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THOSE WITH IBTC ASSET MANAGEMENT IS 29TH OF JUNE 2007

THIS IS THE MAIL FROM IBTC

Dear Sir / Madam

Further to the closure of the Application List for the CR Services Limited Private Placement, please be advised that IBTC would continue to receive applications for the next two weeks i.e. until Friday, 29 June 2007.

An application form and a research report is attached for your use. Please ensure that your completed application forms are submitted before 29 June 2007, as applications received after that date may not be accepted.

For further inquiries, please contact the undersigned.

Oyinda Akinyemi
Corporate Finance
IBTC Chartered Bank Plc
I.B.T.C. Place
Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria
Tel: +234-1-2626520 2712400 Ext 1186
Fax: +234-1-2626541/2
Cell: +234-803-301-1896
Email: Oyinda.Akinyemi@ibtc.com

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2007
cr services private placement prospectus is attached.

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2007
I USE IBTC ASSET MGT AND BGL SECURITIES AND I CAN TELL YOU IBTC ASSET MGT IS MUCH MORE BETTER IN CUSTOMER SERVICES

TRADE AND EMAIL ALERT IS AUTOMATIC FOR IBTC AND THIER MARKET REPORTS ARE ALMOST FLAWLESS.

@BIGBOYLARY (m) AND panadol

The choice is yours as i open my crystal ball and gaze is see the followings:

1-BGL SECURITIES LIMITED
3-AFRINVEST WEST AFRICA
8- ZENITH SECURITIES

To mention just a view you can get across to them and make your choice its afree world.

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gbengaijot(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2007
is it possible to use two stock brokers at a go?. I am having a bit of problem with cashcraft, and i am getting tempted to try use another broker.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enolase(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2007
gbengaijot:

is it possible to use two stock brokers at a go?. I am having a bit of problem with cashcraft, and i am getting tempted to try use another broker.

Very possible. But you must understand that some of the issues that you may have with your present brokers can always be sorted out in a peaceful manner.

Changing brokers is not always a solution.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by K2: 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2007
@Gbengaijot. Yes it's possible to have backup brokers.

@Everyone, avoid Cashcraft if you could at all cost. I just informed them today that I'm transferring out my account. The weird thing is that my rep is great in customer service but Cashcraft as a brokerage sucks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2007
@omoba3

Am not saying he should used any of the mentioned stocker brokers i lay out or wheter cashcsah or cashcraft as they where know were okay or not. but no matter how you can discussed your problems with them and find solutions and just giving out list of stocks brokers we have, Am with IBTC you can give them a try if u like. cool cool cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2007
BIGBOYLARY:

@omoba3

Am not saying he should used any of the mentioned stocker brokers i lay out or wheter cashcsah or cashcraft as they where know were okay or not. but no matter how you can discussed your problems with them and find solutions and just giving out list of stocks brokers we have, Am with IBTC you can give them a try if u like. cool cool cool
@bigboylary
Do you even spell check your posts? How can you use another broker and recommend others that you haven't tried out or at least heard about their services.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2007
@ Cheexy,

play nice.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Omoba3(m): 11:43pm On Jun 20, 2007
Gbengaijot

s it possible to use two stock brokers at a go?Huh. I am having a bit of problem with cashcraft, and i am getting tempted to try use another broker.

It isn't advisable to transfer your account to another broker. The reason being that Cashcraft will make sure that they do everything in their power to ensure that they make it virtually impossible to transfer elsewhere.

If you can, cease adding to your portfolio with Cashcraft, but try to muster the sign up funds for another broker. This way all you will need to do is wait until you need to sell the stock you have with them. Only as a last resort should you transfer your portfolio elsewhere.

I'm also with Cashcraft, and based on my experience with them I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy if I had one.

BIGBOYLARY:

Am not saying he should used any of the mentioned stocker brokers i lay out or wheter cashcsah or cashcraft as they where know were okay or not. but no matter how you can discussed your problems with them and find solutions and just giving out list of stocks brokers we have, Am with IBTC you can give them a try if u like.

Just so that you know, If something is bad, its bad and no amount of fixing or patching up will amend things. I changed not only my account manager, but my branch, it has done me no good. Just like K2 says, the problem isn't always with the account managers but with Cashcraft as an organisation. They are simply no good. Pay a visit to other forums and you'll find enough reason not to advocate Cashcraft to anyone.

Cheexy: How bodi dey o! Hope everything is cool.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Omoba3(m): 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2007
Easimoni: I throway salute o!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by oxytech: 12:26am On Jun 21, 2007
@easimoni and gurus,

You regularly talk of fundamentals-P/E etc,

How can I get more accounting info/financial statements of some listed companies?
I need to see or calculate P/E ratio,Eps etc?

Are they online somewhere?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enolase(m): 12:51am On Jun 21, 2007
One thing I always advise people on is that you have to try to be personable when dealing with your brokers. If you respect them and deal with them on some level of informality, your account officers can go the extra mile for you.

Many investors are too impatient, and too formal when dealing with brokers. Some are downright rude when dealing with their brokers. Part of the problem at times also stems from not having some basic knowledge about how the market works.

A lady had called me recently with some questions she had about investing in the stock market. She kept insisting that she wanted a broker who would trade on the floor of the stock exchange in her locality (not the Lagos floor shocked)!

She also insisted that any broking firm she uses MUST get her stocks with which she can make 100% gain in three weeks! Not regarding that there are factors that can either push up a stock price, or cause a drop (the way the strike and capital flight from major stocks to buy into the First Bank offer is causing the market to take a bashing this week).

How realistic is that?

Another point: Even if you get another broking firm, what is the guarantee that the same problems or even newer ones will not emerge?

Like someone rightly said, it is better to gradually cut down your portfolio in your old firm, while preparing to get enough money to enter the new firm. No one wants to lose clients, and will do anything to stop you from transferring your portfolio.

Afterall, which business man wouldn't?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46) (Reply)

Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.