Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! (27676 Views)

Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. / How Bet9ja Virtual Almost Ruined My Life!!! / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2019
thepatroit:
Op, congratulations on moving forward. Please stop looking at others. I learned this lesson from my own family. We all got direct entry into the university except my younger brother who did part time. My younger sister graduated before him because of that. We all did our Nysc but he couldn't because of the part time. We used to tease him a lot about not serving. Today, he's the most successful out of all of us. Dude is a big man now. We all have different paths to follow in this life. Even twins don't share the same destiny. It is well with you. Peace.

Thank u
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by DavidEsq(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2019
stano2:
It's alright, it's just a phase and you will get over it.
Some of my friends i entered the university before them are all serving now but i can't come and kill myself. I have no choice than to be happy for them.
Some situations i found myself in caused it, i can't even afford the money i owe the school during clearance.
Guy, dis ur meme no b here o
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by valves: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2019
I think you did the right thing by going back to school. I also think you will perform better this time because you are now fully convinced that school is the best option for you, right now at least. Don't regret anything. Go and celebrate with your friends on their induction. In life it is not the first to graduate that will be the most successful. And I love your determination. Wishing you the best.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by fascia(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2019
Open, you are very courageous.
You should be proud,not many people can do what u did.
Forget about who graduated before who, it doesn't matter in the long run.

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ngwababe(f): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2019
Oga, dress up neatly, carry your camera go do business joor. Induction wey everywhere dey full, wey you suppose go cover the occasion, na em you dey house dey cry?

10 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Isabellove: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations o. Don't think about the fact that your friends graduated before you. Na ONLY GOD dey give speed and HE alone can restore lost years.

I did not even enter the University until 4 years after a lot of my classmates had graduated (owing to life issues beyond my control). You can imagine how I must have felt. Today, many of them cannot boast of what I have.
So my dear, moral is, continue to Trust in God. It is well! He is the only one that can make the DIFFERENCE.

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 21, 2019
I could remember from my own experience getting admission the same year some of my friends were getting ready to graduate , truth is I didn't feel pained really ..the words EVERY MAN HAS ITS TIME comes to my aid .

however just as some people believe school is a scam and others believe otherwise the truth remains this , mindset is what brings success, this is my final year and truth be told I want to venture into business really, the aim is not to make a living but to enjoy living , Passion , determination understanding how business works , innovation , knowledge on how effective your business can be are key.

School is not a scam but yet it doesn't hold the key to success ,you are responsible for that .
Just put your heart into whatever you believe will work for you.

we are living in really hard times brother, a certificate these days seems to be. loosing it's worth , fewer jobs , employment rates are drastically on the low , survival is becoming the big issues for the youth , our prayers is that the labor of our hands should manifest and materialise for us all to enjoy.

your mom will come around soon ,just focus on your goals for now, glad you took the steps you believed in.

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by achi4u(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Op you're smart and ur Chi(God)is not sleeping that's why ur come back was very smooth.

As you go to that celebration, make noise, shake off all those bad memories,behaves as if you're the real one being inducted at the end go back to ur studies and make a good grade.... at ur own day invite them too.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2019
Greatbeard:

You did well OP. Very few people get to explore "The path not taken". You did and saw it wasn't for you... yet.
Finish school and get back to photography.
Don't be discouraged. Lots of people make the same mistake but never recover quick enough.
Kudos on your resilience

Thanks much sir. I sure would explore more in photography

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:03am On Jun 21, 2019
valves:
I think you did the right thing by going back to school. I also think you will perform better this time because you are now fully convinced that school is the best option for you, right now at least. Don't regret anything. Go and celebrate with your friends on their induction. In life it is not the first to graduate that will be the most successful. And I love your determination. Wishing you the best.

Thanks for ur best wishes
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2019
ngwababe:
Oga, dress up neatly, carry your camera go do business joor. Induction wey everywhere dey full, wey you suppose go cover the occasion, na em you dey house dey cry?

I rented the camera already. I'm still struggling with feelings of inadequacy when I'm around them. You may not understand sha

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2019
fascia:
Open, you are very courageous.
You should be proud,not many people can do what u did.
Forget about who graduated before who, it doesn't matter in the long run.

Thanks
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2019
Isabellove:
Congratulations o. Don't think about the fact that your friends graduated before you. Na ONLY GOD dey give speed and HE alone can restore lost years.

I did not even enter the University until 4 years after a lot of my classmates had graduated (owing to life issues beyond my control). You can imagine how I must have felt. Today, many of them cannot boast of what I have.
So my dear, moral is, continue to Trust in God. It is well! He is the only one that can make the DIFFERENCE.

I sure will
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2019
Piercy:
I could remember from my own experience getting admission the same year some of my friends were getting ready to graduate , truth is I didn't feel pained really ..the words EVERY MAN HAS ITS TIME comes to my aid .

however just as some people believe school is a scam and others believe otherwise the truth remains this , mindset is what brings success, this is my final year and truth be told I want to venture into business really, the aim is not to make a living but to enjoy living , Passion , determination understanding how business works , innovation , knowledge on how effective your business can be are key.

School is not a scam but yet it doesn't hold the key to success ,you are responsible for that .
Just put your heart into whatever you believe will work for you.

we are living in really hard times brother, a certificate these days seems to be. loosing it's worth , fewer jobs , employment rates are drastically on the low , survival is becoming the big issues for the youth , our prayers is that the labor of our hands should manifest and materialise for us all to enjoy.

your mom will come around soon ,just focus on your goals for now, glad you took the steps you believed in.

Thanks much. And my mum has been wonderful. I stay with her sef. She provides food at home. I think her decision not to sponsor my education is the best. I now know how difficult it was for her to hustle and pay my fees then. I'm not taking anything for granted now

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Mariangeles(f): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2019
[s]
nzeobi:
it's better late than never, by the time you graduate you will notice that some of them are still having issues or aren't employed yet.

so am happy you returned back to school.
[/s] Why would you wish others bad just to make the op feel better? Hmmm? angry

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Mariangeles(f): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2019
ityP:

Thanks much. And my mum has been wonderful. I stay with her sef. She provides food at home. I think her decision not to sponsor my education is the best. I now know how difficult it was for her to hustle and pay my fees then. I'm not taking anything for granted now
You see ?

You gained a lot at the end...

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2019
achi4u:
Op you're smart and ur Chi(God)is not sleeping that's why ur come back was very smooth.

As you go to that celebration, make noise, shake off all those bad memories,behaves as if you're the real one being inducted at the end go back to ur studies and make a good grade.... at ur own day invite them too.

I won't be able to do that. The induction ceremony has just commenced. I'd be very moody if I go. I send them my love from here.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
You see ?

You gained a lot at the end...

Of course I have
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by donchrisville: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2019
good thing you hung up your village peoples call on time...cos that call might have gone on till your phone battery dies....good thing you're on track now

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2019
Op are you in UJ? If yes lets hook up to attend together

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Agugbadin: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations, regardless of your future endeavor education is key. You have a skill and has made the right decision to come back to school now that you are young, no regrets, it is easy for you become an entrepreneur after school.

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Mariangeles(f): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2019
bojbest:

Bro School na scam. I’m currently studying pharmacy and I’ve repeated twice. My mates are in their final year. I’m happy I’m not in final year because after school what next? Now that’s the question I’m asking myself.
My point, don’t look at peoples time to set yours. Dey your lane
Person wey no know book go say school na scam .

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by bryanyaouh581: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2019
ityP:
2014, I got admitted to study Medical Lab Science with connections from the provost of Federal Med lab school and many well known lecturers in the university even though my waec and jamb were excellent (2 As, 5 B3, 1 C4 and a score of 246 in Jamb).

I don't even know who or what was directly involved. . But when I started, I was very unmotivated. I really can't tell why. Maybe wrong associations, maybe cos it wasn't medicine, I don't know.

After the first semester of 100 level, I left the university. One of the lecturers who aided my admission begged me to rescind my decision or at least to defer it. In her exact words, 'I'd regret my decision'. Still I left without deferring.

My widowed mum was terribly heart broken. I was hers and my late dad's pride. I was the most intelligent of her three kids. I remember telling her that 'School na scam, if I do business, I go make am quicker'. She always told me and my siblings that we weren't cut out for business life. Still I ventured into photography. Spent 6 months in training to become a pro photographer. In 2015, I bought my own Nikon D3200 camera and a second hand hp laptop. I started meager jobs. I was earning small cash here and there. To be a top photographer tho, I needed equipments; a good Speedlite, good zoom and prime lenses, not my ordinary 18-55mm kit lens, soft boxes, and so on. And these would cost money. Money I didn't have. My camera and laptop were the only thing I could afford then.

Few months later, I started regreting my decision of leaving school. I would see my former coursemates in town and they'd ask questions on why I left, but I really couldn't provide any tangible reason for leaving. One even showed me some of my first semester grades and I was almost in tears 'cause I did very well. I was almost getting depressed late 2015. 2016 came and it started just as dull. But just before the closing date for Jamb registration was due, I bought a form. Same course (Medical Laboratory Science), same university. This time around, I would do everything low key without asking for anyone's assistance. I wrote jamb and got a score of 259. I checked on jamb portal when admission status began to be checked and lo and behold, I was admitted. I called my mom and even though she was happy for me, she told me, she wasn't gonna sponsor my admission this time. I was heartbroken but I can't blame her to be very honest. But then, we started hearing news that our admission would be cancelled because of accreditation issues. In fact, our names weren't included in the school's admission portal. School started and still, no news. But I was convinced God was giving me a second chance, so I started attending lectures even though we didn't know our fate. Two weeks before exams, our accreditation issues were resolved and our names finally appeared on the school's portal. Medical lab sci, biochem, and slt had this problem. So two weeks was added for us to receive short additional lectures, while others were writing exams. That was how my second chance began.

I'm presently in 300 level. Today, my former coursemates would be inducted as MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS. I couldn't sleep at all. I would not go to the induction as I may not be able to control the tears. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN AMONG THE INDUCTING STUDENTS, BUT I THREW IT ALL AWAY. The most painful words anyone can utter in life are, "HAD I KNOWN". Don't make costly mistakes that would make you say these words!!!

Nothing learnt in this life in a good and genuine way is a waste... its even better u learnt photography.. so as you go yo school any free time u have..use it to hustle and go to occasions to snap them..u will raise money from there.. and feed n train yourself..one day u will get a contract bigger than that...don't u see u have an edge over your class mates..as you finish.. you will be earning in two places...med lab and photography job...but ur mates will only depe d on med lab...it's an advantage my brother.. later they will be asking themselves.. this guy has made it..

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by achi4u(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2019
ityP:

I won't be able to do that. The induction ceremony has just commenced. I'd be very moody if I go. I send them my love from here.
OK.I understand.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by sinhin(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2019
ityP:

I wish I had the courage to go

please make sure you go, you may not be able to hold back your tears though but in the end, you'll be glad you were there. And on the day of you own induction, you'ld remember this day and cry much more only this time, it will be for joy.

I wish you absolute peace!

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by DHonorable(m): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2019
Very motivating.
I graduated from d University, still trying to make ends meet.
Yeah, our motherland(Nigeria)is throwing punches, but
There's always a "One day" and that's just for the prepared mind. "School nobi scam."
Get the knowledge. That's potential power.
Bless y'all �

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2019
Proud of you bro...You bounced back. London drop your photography career.. keep it up
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by NosaHenry(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2019
You can never know what God has saved you from. Just be contented with what you have achieved thus far.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by BluntBoy(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2019
ityP:
2014, I got admitted to study Medical Lab Science with connections from the provost of Federal Med lab school and many well known lecturers in the university even though my waec and jamb were excellent (2 As, 5 B3, 1 C4 and a score of 246 in Jamb).

I don't even know who or what was directly involved. . But when I started, I was very unmotivated. I really can't tell why. Maybe wrong associations, maybe cos it wasn't medicine, I don't know.

After the first semester of 100 level, I left the university. One of the lecturers who aided my admission begged me to rescind my decision or at least to defer it. In her exact words, 'I'd regret my decision'. Still I left without deferring.

My widowed mum was terribly heart broken. I was hers and my late dad's pride. I was the most intelligent of her three kids. I remember telling her that 'School na scam, if I do business, I go make am quicker'. She always told me and my siblings that we weren't cut out for business life. Still I ventured into photography. Spent 6 months in training to become a pro photographer. In 2015, I bought my own Nikon D3200 camera and a second hand hp laptop. I started meager jobs. I was earning small cash here and there. To be a top photographer tho, I needed equipments; a good Speedlite, good zoom and prime lenses, not my ordinary 18-55mm kit lens, soft boxes, and so on. And these would cost money. Money I didn't have. My camera and laptop were the only thing I could afford then.

Few months later, I started regreting my decision of leaving school. I would see my former coursemates in town and they'd ask questions on why I left, but I really couldn't provide any tangible reason for leaving. One even showed me some of my first semester grades and I was almost in tears 'cause I did very well. I was almost getting depressed late 2015. 2016 came and it started just as dull. But just before the closing date for Jamb registration was due, I bought a form. Same course (Medical Laboratory Science), same university. This time around, I would do everything low key without asking for anyone's assistance. I wrote jamb and got a score of 259. I checked on jamb portal when admission status began to be checked and lo and behold, I was admitted. I called my mom and even though she was happy for me, she told me, she wasn't gonna sponsor my admission this time. I was heartbroken but I can't blame her to be very honest. But then, we started hearing news that our admission would be cancelled because of accreditation issues. In fact, our names weren't included in the school's admission portal. School started and still, no news. But I was convinced God was giving me a second chance, so I started attending lectures even though we didn't know our fate. Two weeks before exams, our accreditation issues were resolved and our names finally appeared on the school's portal. Medical lab sci, biochem, and slt had this problem. So two weeks was added for us to receive short additional lectures, while others were writing exams. That was how my second chance began.

I'm presently in 300 level. Today, my former coursemates would be inducted as MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS. I couldn't sleep at all. I would not go to the induction as I may not be able to control the tears. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN AMONG THE INDUCTING STUDENTS, BUT I THREW IT ALL AWAY. The most painful words anyone can utter in life are, "HAD I KNOWN". Don't make costly mistakes that would make you say these words!!!

We all have one regret or the other in life. It is good that you have been able to return to school and are now almost through. That is all that matters now. That your former mates are getting inducted does not and should not matter to you. Life is a personal race.

No be who finish school first go first make am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 10:47am On Jun 21, 2019
ebiojosammie:
Op are you in UJ? If yes lets hook up to attend together

Yes it's uj. Where are u? I'm heading out soon, from Utan. Hopefully we'd meet there. My number 0*8*1*3*2*6*4*2*9*6*7
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by nzeobi(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
Why would you wish others bad just to make the op feel better? Hmmm? angry
not wishing anybody bad, was only saying the obvious
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by deltateam: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2019
ngwababe:

I love your approach to life. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Delsu Post-utme Screening Exercise Was Like Today / Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU Cut Off Mark For 2017/2018 Is Out Online. / 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.