Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! (27675 Views)

Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. / How Bet9ja Virtual Almost Ruined My Life!!! / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Admitwithschola: 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Profit from the market without your own capital.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by adanny01(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
Martinez19:
Your friend's story is a sad one. His mum didn't help in his psychological development as she made him detached from reality and it really affected him. He could have persisted if only he knew. Seems you guys had a poor foundation of maths. The further maths textbook used in secondary school is just parking all the knowledge like sardines. It's wururu to the answer and doesn't give you a deep understanding of the concepts. Besides, they are not the standard of A level neither do they make it easy for you to follow up A level maths.

Hope you are now good in maths? I can recommend good textbooks. Hope you are treating your friend nicely? Lift him up and don't abandon him. His mum, unwillingly, let him down.

K. A. Stroud Engineering Maths saved me, from F to A's. It became my bible.

Maths was my best subject in sec sch but i never did anything further maths. The problem is that we got admitted on second list which came around mid semester. The first lecture I attended, that was the day integration was started. That meant the course was already half way through. Before i could get notes to copy, familiarize with classmates, it was CA test. Thereafter was exams. We were just doomed to fail.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
Martinez19:
Keep f00ling yourself. Better take your studies seriously.
Hahahaha. You that you have studied, what can you show for the 4-5yrs you’ve spent on campus.
Guys wet no even go school set Dey make millions from freelancing. Abel who is fooling who in nigeria
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 12:08am On Jun 22, 2019
bojbest:

Hahahaha. You that you have studied, what can you show for the 4-5yrs you’ve spent on campus.
Guys wet no even go school set Dey make millions from freelancing. Abel who is fooling who in nigeria
If it is the millions you want, then you have no business being in school.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 12:28am On Jun 22, 2019
bluefilm:
My friend will you shut up there!?

In case you haven't realized it, this life is a gamble.

You took a gamble and it didn't pan out well and you are now here talking rubbish.

Had it been you became the next Mark Zuckerberg of photography, I'm so certain, you will be here mocking your classmates for choosing academics over business.

But since it didn't pan out well for you, you are here now doing useless ''had I known''

Abeg comot dia jare make I see front.

Nonsense. angry
Don't mind them him. I hope his experience has taught him a lesson. I am sure, then, he was among those shouting "start something", "become self employed", "no excuse for failure", "you have two hands and legs, what's your excuse?" etc. each time a jobless graduate complained about unemployment and difficulty. He thought it was that easy. To demonstrate his arrogance, here is a excerpt from his op
...I remember telling her that 'School na scam, if I do business, I go make am quicker'. She always told me and my siblings that we weren't cut out for business life. Still I ventured into photography...
LMAO grin. Op thought he knew better than his mum and he thought that he could beat life and count millions with photography, not oil and gas or export business but photography. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin All the photographers before him, were they sleeping? grin
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 12:36am On Jun 22, 2019
HeavenShield:

Go and celebrate with your friends..your story is already a motivation..and maybe, that set was not your destiny..
There is nothing like destiny, your life is how you shape it. Op could have been with his mates but he bleeped up. He can still put it all behind and make up for it. His life might still end up successful or unsuccessful. He should work hard and get lucky.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 12:36am On Jun 22, 2019
amaben2020:
Hope you've learnt your lesson, you really didn't make sense quitting in the first place, people leave school for better things, not photography
Arrogance and naivety were his problem. It backfired on him that's why he is here with his sob story. Had he become Mark Zuckerberg through his business, he would have looked down on his classmates and thought he is some smart dude. After that he would have started writing books properly titled How to Make it in Life and he would have been screaming "there is no excuse for failure." grin

I just love it when life slaps sense into people's head, especially arrogant and ignorant folks. grin
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 1:20am On Jun 22, 2019
bojbest:

Only if you knew my waec and jamb results when I entered school. I repeat school is the greatest scam in our century. I dont need a school to be successful in life. With school we are trained for jobs.
Whatever sha. You have the freedom to decide what you want for your life.
School is not a scam. Because you did la cram la pour and got good results don't mean you know book and doesn't mean school is a scam. Work on yourself. You had better take your studies seriously and stop whining. Olodo. grin

Cc. Mariangeles.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Raylight2(m): 5:51am On Jun 22, 2019
ityP:

Thanks much. First class is def the goal now. My GP for 100 and 200 are pretty high, I just need to maintain it and maintain I will.
congratulations joor. oya dress up and attend that induction abeg. you have a very good story to motivate your children and the future generations. I'm much happy for you

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by amaben2020(m): 6:28am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
Arrogance and naivety were his problem. It backfired on him that's why he is here with his sob story. Had he become Mark Zuckerberg through his business, he would have looked down on his classmates and thought he is some smart dude. After that he would have started writing books properly titled How to Make it in Life and he would have been screaming "there is no excuse for failure." grin

I just love it when life slaps sense into people's head, especially arrogant and ignorant folks. grin

Hehehehe, his brain has been formatted and reset grin
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
Hope you are now good in maths? I can recommend good textbooks. Hope you are treating your friend nicely? Lift him up and don't abandon him. His mum, unwillingly, let him down.
Pls what are the recommended maths books?
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 8:07am On Jun 22, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Pls what are the recommended maths books?

1) Algebra and Trigonometry by Michael Sullivan.
2) Geometry by Ron Larson, Laurie Boswells and Lee Stiff.
3) Calculus by Ron Larson, Bruce Edwards and Hostetler.
4) Linear Algebra and it's Applications by Gilbert Strangs.

Assume you know nothing about maths and read these books in the order I have listed.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2019
Raylight2:
congratulations joor. oya dress up and attend that induction abeg. you have a very good story to motivate your children and the future generations. I'm much happy for you

Thanks sir. I ended up attending, I'm glad I did
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
I hope your experience has taught you a lesson. I am sure, then, you were among those shouting "start something", "become self employed", "no excuse for failure", "you have two hands and legs, what's your excuse?" etc. each time a jobless graduate complained about unemployment and difficulty. You thought it was that easy. grin

Anyway, don't be sad. Focus on your degree. Life has shown you that it not easy so start preparing for life after school. Make the most of your degree and next time, don't ignorantly and arrogantly gamble on your opportunities. It is well.

I sure have learnt. School isn't scam. Being an enterprenuer isnt scam either. Just that, many think it's so easy to be an enterprenuer, they think it's the easy way out from school's stress. It isn't. I have really learnt my brother. I will focus on my degree and when I'm done, I'd choose what to focus on what to do
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2019
bojbest:

Stop fooling young ones please. This is the kind of talk I fell for that pushed me to leave school when I did. School isn't scam. Advice the young generation to focus on their studies and make good use of it.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2019
ityP:

I sure have learnt. School isn't scam. Being an enterprenuer isnt scam either. Just that, many think it's so easy to be an enterprenuer, they think it's the easy way out from school's stress. It isn't. I have really learnt my brother. I will focus on my degree and when I'm done, I'd choose what to focus on what to do
Good. I like your spirit. Both school and business are not scams. The main thing is to know what you are good at and find your niche. Some are better off as academics, some as employees and some as businessmen. Nevertheless, have it in mind that either ways, school or business, life is not easy. I hope you get lucky.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:

1) Algebra and Trigonometry by Michael Sullivan.
2) Geometry by Ron Larson, Laurie Boswells and Lee Stiff.
3) Calculus by Ron Larson, Bruce Edwards and Hostetler.
4) Linear Algebra and it's Applications by Gilbert Strangs.

Assume you know nothing about maths and read these books in the order I have listed.
Thanks chief.
Can get these books in Nigeria?
Any online resource to start with?
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Thanks chief.
Can get these books in Nigeria?
Any online resource to start with?
I downloaded them from the Internet. I can't remember the links so try finding them. Read them in the order I have listed, try to understand them very well not just cram. Keep revising until you are familiar with them. Maths will never be your problem again.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Mariangeles(f): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
School is not a scam. Because you did la cram la pour and got good results don't mean you know book and doesn't mean school is a scam. Work on yourself. You had better take your studies seriously and stop whining. Olodo. grin

Cc. Mariangeles.
Savage! grin
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2019
ityP:

Stop fooling young ones please. This is the kind of talk I fell for that pushed me to leave school when I did. School isn't scam. Advice the young generation to focus on their studies and make good use of it.

Who is fooling who? The school system is fooling Us. Look if i tell you our lab instructor and lecturers are teaching the same thing to every year will you believe?

We need a system that will make us think, use our brains. Even in computer engineering do you know they write do theories instead of practicals?
To the young ones reading this, please go to school but don't think you will become successful in life going to school.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
School is not a scam. Because you did la cram la pour and got good results don't mean you know book and doesn't mean the school is a scam. Work on yourself. You had better take your studies seriously and stop whining. Olodo. grin

Cc. Mariangeles.

Thank you. Na first class students dey do la cram la pour. We wey no sabi book just dey pamm questions.

And yes I b olodo. The koko na to achieve person purpose in this life.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
If it is the millions you want, then you have no business being in school.

Thank you bro. Thats my point. Every child has his dreams but when we are kids its our parents that make most of our decisions.

But I'll like to ask you, what is the essence of a degree if it's not to make money?

Or do I need a degree to live life?
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Raylight2(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2019
ityP:

nice nice. thumbs up
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Raylight2(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2019
ityP:

nice nice. thumbs up
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
bojbest:

Thank you bro. Thats my point. Every child has his dreams but when we are kids its our parents that make most of our decisions.

But I'll like to ask you, what is the essence of a degree if it's not to make money?

Or do I need a degree to live life?
Oga. You have a poor mindset and I no blame you sha. Knowledge is power. Knowledge that are relevant to the social are harnessed to boost technology, run industries, solve problems(some of which could end up saving lives) and improve standard of living. That's on a societal level and mind you, there is a business side to relevant knowledge. For the individual, it informs his mind and sharpens it to solve problems and make reasonable contributions to benefit society and himself.

Your problem is that you reduce everything to naira and kobo. How can you study a course and earn good grades because you want to make money? Is that why you should study a course? This backward mindset is why we have many uninformed and dull graduates who made their way through the university doing la cram la pour instead of striving to understand what they are studying and the relevance of their course of study. Many graduates don't even understand their course of study and some have even forgotten what they soaked up through la cram la pour. Even those that really studied have forgotten what they did in university because they have a bad reading culture, stopped studying after school, neglected expertise and self development in their course of study and kept marauding the streets for #300k per month job.

What services can a dull and uniformed graduate offer that can be exchanged for money? Nothing! That's why even Nigerian engineers are usually replaced by Chinese, Indian and other foreign engineering experts because they have something to offer which their Nigerian counterparts can't and that is high expertise. You think you can just speed through school with nothing in your head with la cram la pour and expect jobs with mouth watering pay to fall from heaven? grin kole werk, I say kole werk. Not only do people like you have a poor mindset and approach to education, many of you jump to less relevant courses and expect a expect a job that will make you live like a doctor. grin kole werk. To make matters worse, many of you don't even understand these courses and their relevance.

The result of this is that we have computer engineers that can't even build computers. These computer engineers are useless because they have nothing to offer hence their degrees are useless. How can these graduates expect a mouth watering job? For where dey wan see job with nothing for head? Who dash monkey banana? grin Even our electricians from villages who learnt as apprentices are more useful and knowledgeable than those that studied electrical and electronic engineering. grin

Even in business, the same principle applies. If you have goods and services that people are willing to pay for, then you make money if not, you go broke. If your services cost much, substantially supercedes production cost and many many people are willing to buy or someone is ready to buy many, you don hammer. In the university, your good grades puts you on top but in the real world, the services you can render that people are willing to pay for puts you on top. If you like leave school and start anyhow business, you go suffer. grin People who earn money in the real world through their degrees have expertise and deep understanding of their specialties to offer not a degree, la cram la pour and emptiness like our graduates. Doctors are trained to be experts, offer their their expertise as services and government is willing to pay them, what can you offer that can be exchanged for money? With the poor mentality you've displayed so far, I am certain you have nothing to offer.

If you like, keep reducing everything to naira and kobo. School is not a scam. As Mariangeles said, and I agree, only olodos think school is a scam. Even that business you are talking about, how many business men hit it big? Very few of them. Your eyes will clear on this fact very soon but I hope you are lucky. All I see in you is an academic failure who is trying to console himself by degrading education. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg transformed programming skills to services that can be exchanged for money, what do you have? What business ideas and goods and services do you have? grin Did Prof. Wole Soyinka do business? Did Chinua Achebe do business? Chimamanda Adichie nko? Sir Isaac Newton and Einstein nko? Just say you no know book and leave people that are smart, who know what they are doing and cut out for education alone. Mtewwwww.

If you think your purpose is naira and kobo, school is not for you. Leave school but don't you call education a scam. Mouth watering jobs won't fall because you have an A and you know the definition of photosynthesis. What can you offer that will be exchanged for money? Olodo.

Cc. Ifada123, Mariangeles, ityP

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
Oga. You have a poor mindset and I no blame you sha. Knowledge is power. Knowledge that are relevant to the social are harnessed to boost technology, run industries, solve problems(some of which could end up saving lives) and improve standard of living. That's on a societal level and mind you, there is a business side to relevant knowledge. For the individual, it informs his mind and sharpens it to solve problems and make reasonable contributions to benefit society and himself.

Your problem is that you reduce everything to naira and kobo. How can you study a course and earn good grades because you want to make money? Is that why you should study a course? This backward mindset is why we have many uninformed and dull graduates who made their way through the university doing la cram la pour instead of striving to understand what they are studying and the relevance of their course of study. Many graduates don't even understand their course of study and some have even forgotten what they soaked up through la cram la pour. Even those that really studied have forgotten what they did in university because they have a bad reading culture, stopped studying after school, neglected expertise and self development in their course of study and kept marauding the streets for #300k per month job.

What services can a dull and uniformed graduate offer that can be exchanged for money? Nothing! That's why even Nigerian engineers are usually replaced by Chinese, Indian and other foreign engineering experts because they have something to offer which their Nigerian counterparts can't and that is high expertise. You think you can just speed through school with nothing in your head with la cram la pour and expect jobs with mouth watering pay to fall from heaven? grin kole werk, I say kole werk. Not only do people like you have a poor mindset and approach to education, many of you jump to less relevant courses and expect a expect a job that will make you live like a doctor. grin kole werk. To make matters worse, many of you don't even understand these courses and their relevance.

The result of this is that we have computer engineers that can't even build computers. These computer engineers are useless because they have nothing to offer hence their degrees are useless. How can these graduates expect a mouth watering job? For where dey wan see job with nothing for head? Who dash monkey banana? grin Even our electricians from villages who learnt as apprentices are more useful and knowledgeable than those that studied electrical and electronic engineering. grin

Even in business, the same principle applies. If you have goods and services that people are willing to pay for, then you make money if not, you go broke. If your services cost much, substantially supercedes production cost and many many people are willing to buy or someone is ready to buy many, you don hammer. In the university, your good grades puts you on top but in the real world, the services you can render that people are willing to pay for puts you on top. If you like leave school and start anyhow business, you go suffer. grin People who earn money in the real world through their degrees have expertise and deep understanding of their specialties to offer not a degree, la cram la pour and emptiness like our graduates. Doctors are trained to be experts, offer their their expertise as services and government is willing to pay them, what can you offer that can be exchanged for money? With the poor mentality you've displayed so far, I am certain you have nothing to offer.

If you like, keep reducing everything to naira and kobo. School is not a scam. As Mariangeles said, and I agree, only olodos think school is a scam. Even that business you are talking about, how many business men hit it big? Very few of them. Your eyes will clear on this fact very soon but I hope you are lucky. All I see in you is an academic failure who is trying to console himself by degrading education. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg transformed programming skills to services that can be exchanged for money, what do you have? What business ideas and goods and services do you have? grin Did Prof. Wole Soyinka do business? Did Chinua Achebe do business? Chimamanda Adichie nko? Sir Isaac Newton and Einstein nko? Just say you no know book and leave people that are smart, who know what they are doing and cut out for education alone. Mtewwwww.

If you think your purpose is naira and kobo, school is not for you. Leave school but don't you call education a scam. Mouth watering jobs won't fall because you have an A and you know the definition of photosynthesis. What can you offer that will be exchanged for money? Olodo.

Epistles....
Why did the thread creator go back t school? Out of jealousy or he could not make enough in his photography business.
If you go to school for fun then ypu are wasting your parents money. Imagine studying in Babcock or convenient and could not find a job that will pay you 120k minimum monthly after paying over 3M in 4yrs.

Nigerians should wake up, the government would not give us jobs, the rich will remain rich and the poor will remain poor. If you are poor it's only you that can change your story.

SCHOOL IS A SCAM IF YOU ARE TRULY STUDYING TO MAKE MONEY AFTER GRADUATING. PLEASE WHY DO WE GO TO THE UNIVERSITY? TO GET A DECENT JOB.

My mindset may be bleeped up because yours is what 80% of people have. There are only little people at the top, to be at the top emulate their ways.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
bojbest:

Epistles....
Why did the thread creator go back t school? Out of jealousy or he could not make enough in his photography business.
If you go to school for fun then ypu are wasting your parents money. Imagine studying in Babcock or convenient and could not find a job that will pay you 120k minimum monthly after paying over 3M in 4yrs.

Nigerians should wake up, the government would not give us jobs, the rich will remain rich and the poor will remain poor. If you are poor it's only you that can change your story.

SCHOOL IS A SCAM IF YOU ARE TRULY STUDYING TO MAKE MONEY AFTER GRADUATING. PLEASE WHY DO WE GO TO THE UNIVERSITY? TO GET A DECENT JOB.

My mindset may be bleeped up because yours is what 80% of people have. There are only little people at the top, to be at the top emulate their ways.
Keep pretending as if you don't understand my write up. The op's plan in business backfired that's why he went back to school. Even his mum said business is not his calling. Business is the calling of many while school is the calling of many.

No university is forcing anyone to pay their fees or attend them. If you want a formal education, you must pay the price. Nothing is free. If you think a school is too expensive, what stops you from going to less expensive schools? They tie your hand? grin

Also learn that because you have a degree doesn't entitle you to a job. No one owes you a job because you have a degree and good grade. WHAT CAN YOU OFFER THAT PEOPLE, GOVERNMENT OR Organisations IS WILLING TO PAY FOR? Drop your entitlement mentality jare.

No cares how much you have spent on your education because they didn't send you to the university or forced you to go, they did not pick a school for you and they did not pay tuition fees for you or forced you to pay tuition fees. No one cares. Your choice, your responsibility.

School no be scam. Read your books very well or get the fvck out of school immediately instead of whining like a sore loser. grin grin grin

You want to be at the very top by emulate their ways, right? How and what do the people at the top do and what are plans to emulating them? Let's start from here.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
Keep pretending as if you don't understand my write up. The op's plan in business backfired that's why he went back to school. Even his mum said business is not his calling. Business is the calling of many while school is the calling of many.

No university is forcing anyone to pay their fees or attend them. If you want a formal education, you must pay the price. Nothing is free. If you think a school is too expensive, what stops you from going to less expensive schools? They tie your hand? grin

Also learn that because you have a degree doesn't entitle you to a job. No one owes you a job because you have a degree and good grade. WHAT CAN YOU OFFER THAT PEOPLE, GOVERNMENT OR Organisations IS WILLING TO PAY FOR? Drop your entitlement mentality jare.

No cares how much you have spent on your education because they didn't send you to the university or forced you to go, they did not pick a school for you and they did not pay tuition fees for you or forced you to pay tuition fees. No one cares. Your choice, your responsibility.

School no be scam. Read your books very well or get the fvck out of school immediately instead of whining like a sore loser. grin grin grin

You want to be at the very top by emulate their ways, right? How and what do the people at the top do and what are plans to emulating them? Let's start from here.

You have a point. In the nigeria of today you need a degree to be recognized.
I have my skills set and always learning to discover who I am. I can offer these skills for money anywhere in the world.

What do people at the top do? 1) They Learn by reading books. 2) They have self-discipline 3) they don't procrastinate 4) they meditate 5) they know their purpose.

5 is the hardest to discover.

The OP should face his studies but I believe he should also pursue his photography dreams and not quit. The course he is studying is not his passion, he's just having guilt not understanding that God's time is the best.

I heard NL owner didn't graduate, but see what God has used him to achieve in Nigeria. Do you think NL hasn't faced hard times? But his passion for what he loves made NL possible.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
bojbest:

You have a point. In the nigeria of today you need a degree to be recognized.
Don't mind them. If degree is not your calling, don't let anyone look down on you. Your life is yours and you can do better without school but that doesn't mean school is a scam. Some animals are designed to eat meat, some are design to eat plant and some are designed to eat both. Education and business are both important in the society. They both keep things running.

I have my skills set and always learning to discover who I am. I can offer these skills for money anywhere in the world.
What are you waiting for then? Leave school and start up yourself. BTW, what are these skills?

What do people at the top do? 1) They Learn by reading books. 2) They have self-discipline 3) they don't procrastinate 4) they meditate 5) they know their purpose.
And a degree will stop you from doing these? You can apply 1) - 4) in your study to build your expertise and make yourself outstanding. They can always be applied in business.

5 is the hardest to discover.
Life in the universe has no meaning or purpose. The purpose and meaning of your life are what you give to it. Many building their life around their passion and things they are good at. What are you good at? What is(are) your passion(s)? What would enjoy doing even if you were not paid?

The OP should face his studies but I believe he should also pursue his photography dreams and not quit. The course he is studying is not his passion, he's just having guilt not understanding that God's time is the best.
No one is saying he should quit photography and focus on school alone. No man should unnecessarily and recklessly gamble with his opportunities. Couldn't he have done photography alongside his degree? Beside, he had no training or information in photography before dumping his degree for photography(of all things). He didn't even do photography because it was his passion instead he did it because he wanted to count millions. grin

I heard NL owner didn't graduate, but see what God has used him to achieve in Nigeria. Do you think NL hasn't faced hard times? But his passion for what he loves made NL possible.
I never said anyone can't make it without a degree. My argument has been that school is not a scam. Seun had good understanding of programming and he coverted it to a brand and service that we are winning to pay for with our data. Of course businesses will face hard times but it's the owners responsibility to fix things up? Seun had something to offer and he found his passion? What can you offer and what is your passion?
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by RxTreasure: 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:

so you can't advise politely without insult...what's all these hissing and "olodo" you are typing sef....nawa ooo
All na intelligent and educated people

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
I downloaded them from the Internet. I can't remember the links so try finding them. Read them in the order I have listed, try to understand them very well not just cram. Keep revising until you are familiar with them. Maths will never be your problem again.
Thanks.
Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by Martinez19(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
RxTreasure:
so you can't advise politely without insult...what's all these hissing and "olodo" you are typing sef....nawa ooo
All na intelligent and educated people
Lol. My bad. I will change.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians / How Delsu Post-utme Screening Exercise Was Like Today / Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU Cut Off Mark For 2017/2018 Is Out Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.