Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,896 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Have You Ever Experienced This New Scam By Glo? - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Have You Ever Experienced This New Scam By Glo? (565 Views)

<<Cheapest MTN Gifting now available >>> GLO, 9Mobile, Airte Data In The Market / Pretty Affordable MTN/GLO/ETISALAT Data Bundles. 1gb @ ₦300 RESELLERS NEEDED / We Buy Mtn, Etisalat and Glo and Airtel Airtime At Juicy Rates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Experienced This New Scam By Glo? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 21, 2019
glo and their fraudulent activities:
Here is the gist: I was running out of data so i wanted to top up my Glo 4g sim, i wanted to subscribe for 12.5gig @ the rate of 2500. I initially , i had 480 on my line, so i bought credit of 2050, from mobile banking to top up the 480 so that i can have over 2500 to do my normal subscription.
I got debited immediately but i couldn't find my top up. I tested gain with another 50naira, and that one entered. I called the cc only to be told that any credit i bought via online top up, be it any bank that has 50naira ontop will automatically be converted to bonus. That i have around 8k credit bonus which i cant convert to data but can be used to call or browse at 3naira/kb (barawo people with useless network), which i couldnt even access because the code they gave me to check it was not even valid, so i was helpless.The funny thing is that it is not even a plan , just a bonus for that matter. I was like i have been using glo almost 8 years or so, i never heard this. she said that was it and nothing can be done. I hanged up and did little research online, couldn't find any. Later i called another cc agent, she told me the same as the first one. After much talking, she said i should go to my bank for reversal and from their end, they are helpless. I later went to my bank for some transaction and used the opportunity to ask for a cancellation only for me to be told by my banker that nothing they can do and he has fallen a victim like i did few months ago and he has to angrily abandon his glo line then because the cc agents were telling him same thing. He said he was scammed just as i was.
I am writing this here because of the rest of us that do subscribe via mobile banking. I dont know why this country is like this. First it was etisalat that cheated me of around 6k sometimes ago now glo. I don't know if its same for any other network but am hearing this for the first time. So ladies and gentle men, if you are subscribing via online portal, never ever add 50 naira on top so that you wont have similar case like mine.
lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: Have You Ever Experienced This New Scam By Glo? by ghettowriter(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2019
That's pretty bad.
Re: Have You Ever Experienced This New Scam By Glo? by epistleNow(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
Sorry for your experience bro, its quite unfortunate that some of network packages are usually not known to all customers, its been on glo network for quite awhile. And they made it known when they started this.

But you see, I also think we should be careful with the use of words like 'scam' and other name calling when these things happen.

From your post you seems to have other grudges with glo other than this unfortunate transaction.

Its weird how one will be on a network and continually complain and bash them, at any and every oppurtunity and still not leave that same network, when there are other networks to move to.

Don't get me wrong, you're a consumer you have rights, but when you bash them calling them names other than address the issue at hand, you also deserve to leave the network for another for your own peace of mind.

But i guess the 'shitty' glo data is too sweet to overlook, at 2500 for 12.5GB which other network come close ?
Re: Have You Ever Experienced This New Scam By Glo? by neurowale001(m): 1:49am On Sep 10, 2021
priceaction:
glo and their fraudulent activities:
Here is the gist: I was running out of data so i wanted to top up my Glo 4g sim, i wanted to subscribe for 12.5gig @ the rate of 2500. I initially , i had 480 on my line, so i bought credit of 2050, from mobile banking to top up the 480 so that i can have over 2500 to do my normal subscription.
I got debited immediately but i couldn't find my top up. I tested gain with another 50naira, and that one entered. I called the cc only to be told that any credit i bought via online top up, be it any bank that has 50naira ontop will automatically be converted to bonus. That i have around 8k credit bonus which i cant convert to data but can be used to call or browse at 3naira/kb (barawo people with useless network), which i couldnt even access because the code they gave me to check it was not even valid, so i was helpless.The funny thing is that it is not even a plan , just a bonus for that matter. I was like i have been using glo almost 8 years or so, i never heard this. she said that was it and nothing can be done. I hanged up and did little research online, couldn't find any. Later i called another cc agent, she told me the same as the first one. After much talking, she said i should go to my bank for reversal and from their end, they are helpless. I later went to my bank for some transaction and used the opportunity to ask for a cancellation only for me to be told by my banker that nothing they can do and he has fallen a victim like i did few months ago and he has to angrily abandon his glo line then because the cc agents were telling him same thing. He said he was scammed just as i was.
I am writing this here because of the rest of us that do subscribe via mobile banking. I dont know why this country is like this. First it was etisalat that cheated me of around 6k sometimes ago now glo. I don't know if its same for any other network but am hearing this for the first time. So ladies and gentle men, if you are subscribing via online portal, never ever add 50 naira on top so that you wont have similar case like mine.
lalasticlala
mynd44

Good morning bro.... I want to chat you as regards some stuffs on forex.. I read you actively trade FX for 12years

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My Tecno Camon 11 / Clean Uk Used Samsung Note 4 Forsale / Gionee M6 4gb Ram 64gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.