Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man (5040 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Breaking News: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo Vanguard / I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by warrior01: 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
Mr. Henry Okah who has been openly charged for masterminding the terror attacks against his home country has been quoted by Al Jazeera Network as claiming that an aide of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan called to ask him to blame the October 1, 2010, bombings on Northern politicians.

This of course is an outright lie, and we challenge Okah to name the President’s aide that spoke to him on the subject.

There is an on going investigation on Okah’s alleged involvement in the bombings in Nigeria. In South Africa, he has already been charged to court. He should face the charges, and stop making frivolous claims.

There is no question that Okah is a drowning man determined to pull others down with him, and there is hardly any purpose to be served by joining issues with an accused mass murderer. Okah is a man who has been known to say one thing and do another, and we are not at all surprised by his diversionary rhetoric.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/press-statement-jonathan-replies-henry-okah-says-he-drowning-man
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Beaf: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
This of course is an outright lie, and we challenge Okah to name the President’s aide that spoke to him on the subject.

It gets more interesting by the minute!
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by naso2(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sounds interesting. Let him not join issues with okah really, let the findings speak. people seem to forget that a lot of foreign first class security agencies are assisting the FG on this. lets juts watch.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by warrior01: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
Pls can Mr Okah name the 'presidential aide' that called him with prove of the call cos the whole world is watching.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

It gets more interesting by the minute!

dude, you forgot to condemn sahara reporters that reviled purveyor of falsehoods cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
oyb:

dude, you forgot to condemn[b] sahara reporters that reviled purveyor of falsehoods[/b]  cheesy cheesy cheesy

You beat me to it! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by blacksta(m): 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2010
oyb:

dude, you forgot to condemn sahara reporters that reviled purveyor of falsehoods cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol No mind am the guy is intoxicated with double standard
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Africanson: 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
The president have stated MEND did not commit this murders. So, why is he holding Okah responsible at the same time?. There must be something else going on here
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by naso2(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
blacksta:

lol No mind am the guy is intoxicated with double standard

Arent you guys too guilty of same? If you have always believed Sahara reporters, then why not now?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Beaf: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
oyb:

Go suck your womans crutch and stop following me around NL. Are you a homo?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by seanet02: 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
henry okah is evil, he should tell the truth, IBB sponsored him
period
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Beaf: 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
Africanson:

The president have stated MEND did not commit this murders. So, why is he holding Okah responsible at the same time?. There must be something else going on here

If you check all news articles carefully, they refer to Okah as ex-leader of MEND. Okah took off to SA, while MEND remained behind. Okah is no longer MEND.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by naso2(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
Africanson:

The president simply means that  Okah is not MEND. At best he can only be reffered to as an ex leader of MEND.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

Go suck your womans crutch and stop following me around NL. Are you a homo?

dude me gay, do i look like the one whose head is permanently attached to gej's nuts

berra leave him before patience ropes you in with these bombers
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by MaziUche0(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
This is why I love politics.

It is getting interesting!
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by seanet02: 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

This is why I love politics.

It is getting interesting!
we will see how far okah and IBB can go spreading their BRUTAL LIES
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by onyengbu1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
Africanson:

Some people are so dumb here.

Okah is not equal to MEND. Okah might be a member of MEND but that doesnt mean he did what he did under agreement with MEND authorities.

MEND is a group which Okah belongs to and it doesnt mean that eveything Okah doest is what MEND does.

Just like when a policeman uses his issued riffle to rob,  it doesnt mean that NIGERIA POLICE robs people.

Why is this so hard for people to get!
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by MaziUche0(m): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
seanet02:

we will see how far okah and IBB can go spreading their BRUTAL LIES

Frankly, I could care less, because lies are being spread by both camps.

I have no dog in this race so I am just a spectator.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Africanson: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Beaf  
Sorry, but I met the tail end of Okah's interview on aljazeerah and he was speaking "onbehalf" of MEND
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Beaf: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
oyb:

dude me gay, do i look like the one whose head is permanently attached to gej's nuts

berra leave him before patience ropes you in with these bombers

I am advising you on what is best for you. A womans crutch is what you should go after when you're lacking. Stop following, cos that is unhealthy homo behaviour. Or are you unbalanced in any way?

Oyb stop following me around.
Are you a homo?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by youngmonie: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
when d road to 2011 is getting messy nd bad just like our nigerian roads??, whta wil happen in 2011 , accident??( God forbid it ohh)
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Okah is not equal to MEND. Okah might be a member of MEND but that doesnt mean he did what he did under agreement with MEND authorities.

MEND is a group which Okah belongs to and it doesnt mean that eveything Okah doest is what MEND does.

Just like when a policeman uses his issued riffle to rob,  it doesnt mean that NIGERIA POLICE robs people.

Okah himself seems to disagree with you.

Am I the only one who finds this sudden wave to NOW dissociate Okah from MEND hilarious?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
the chicken has finally come home to roost! why was jonathan quick to say mend is not involved?, why was his campaign office quick to inform us that ibb was not at the eagle square (suggesting he had foreknowledge)?,why was dokpesi arrested with no charges but a source in the security agency making statements of his implication through sms(note,a source not official)? how come govt did nothing after being warned four days before the attack? why didnt jonathan inform us that henry okah's home was raided a day before the explosion?

somebody should tell jonathan that you dont play politics with sensitive issues! what he ended up doing was good publicity to ibb. and for the records he just lost a vote
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Beaf: 6:05pm On Oct 05, 2010
Africanson:

@Beaf  
Sorry, but I met the tail end of Okah's interview on aljazeerah and he was speaking "onbehalf" of MEND

He can claim to speak on behalf of MEND, but that does not mean it is a fact. 419 people regularly claim to be Abacha's kids etc, but they aren't.
This dovetails into what govt is saying, that it is a foreign group pretending to be MEND. This is a statement MEND Commander Boyloaf made last year;

Okah is an "Arms Supplier," Says Boyloaf
16 August 2009

Abuja — Former commander of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta (MEND), "General" Boyloaf, dropped a bombshell yesterday, saying the supposed leader of the group, Henry Okah, is not a freedom fighter but an arms supplier, who is not interested in the peace process in the Niger-Delta because it will close his line of business.

In an electronic mail statement made available to newsmen last night, the former MEND commander said he did all he could to ensure Henry Okah's release and had no regrets whatsoever for embracing amnesty after his (Okah) release by the Federal Government.

He said: "I am not a fool, I made a promise and I have to keep to my words no matter what Okah and others say.

"I have told you before that Okah was not a freedom fighter, but just an arms dealer who only traded on arms to the militants to enrich himself. Ask him, does he have a camp anywhere in the region? Do you leave in far away South Africa, trade on arms and call yourself leader?

How? "They are angry because I have come out to accept amnesty; they are struggling because their source of making money in the name of struggle is over".

. . .

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908171317.html

It is pretty damning stuff.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
BEAF STOP SPAMMING NL WITH FABRICATIONS, ASSUMPTIONS LIES AND STUPIDITY

ARE YOU A CON ARTIST/FRAUDSTER/AGIP/POLITICAL JOBBER

we already know you have a persecution complex, so we can leave that out  cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Beaf: 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
^
---Ignores a fool grin---
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Africanson: 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Beaf
What is MEND in Nigeria saying. Have they denied not commiting those bombings
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Africanson: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Beaf
What is MEND in Nigeria saying. Have they denied not commiting those bombings??
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by bawomolo(m): 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
lol who didn't know okah was an arms dealer who takes advantage of some naive militants?

onye_ngbu:

he is an important figure in MEND, that's like saying tafa balogun's conviction didn't portray the nigerian police in a bad light.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
warrior01:

Mr. Henry Okah who has been openly charged for masterminding the terror attacks against his home country has been quoted by Al Jazeera Network as claiming that an aide of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan called to ask him to blame the October 1, 2010, bombings on Northern politicians.

There is an on going investigation on Okah’s alleged involvement in the bombings in Nigeria. In South Africa, he has already been charged to court. He should face the charges, and stop making frivolous claims.

There is no question that Okah is a drowning man determined to pull others down with him, and there is hardly any purpose to be served by joining issues with an accused mass murderer. Okah is a man who has been known to say one thing and do another, and we are not at all surprised by his diversionary rhetoric.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/press-statement-jonathan-replies-henry-okah-says-he-drowning-man

Below is a comment on the article on Saharareporters
:

Jonathan´s Regime Is The Lowest Of The Lowlifer
Submitted by Sunday Njokede on October 5, 2010 - 17:48.
Why call Henry Okah "mass murderer" when investigation is ongoing? Jonathan and his pressman of Ima Niboro have turned our statecraft into a jester-paradise. Sometimes you do not want to beleive that most of the news doled out by this guy actually originated from the presidency! Lowlifers have taken over Aso Rock.

Jonathan had thought that to be president is a cakewalk. Now the mudsligging is rife proper. I doubt if he could ever hold his strife till May 29, 2011 when Buhari takes over from him.

www.rig2011electionyoudie@rocketmail.com
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Africanson: 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Beaf
What is MEND in Nigeria saying??. Have they denied not commiting those bombings??
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Beaf: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
Africanson:

@Beaf
What is MEND in Nigeria saying. Have they denied not commiting those bombings??

I actually created a thread about that here, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525747.0.html.
The Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC) is the umbrella group that speaks for all Niger Delta militants (NDVF, MEND etc). I'll post the text from that thread here. Here goes;

. . .
In a related development the Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC) has condemned last Friday's bomb attacks in Abuja, describing the incident as callous and gruesome

JRC, the umbrella of militant groups in the Niger Delta in a statement said: "Our struggle is a moral and just one. We have had no place for gun-runners, toddlers-abductors, bank robbers, commercial hostage-takers, prison breakers and bare-face murderers who go on foolish murderous rampage while their families are safe and secure in foreign lands.

"The gruesome attack of last Friday was the handiwork of a son of the devil with active connivance of disgruntled dissident elements from one of the camps of a former MEND leader who has since relinquished leadership in the former MEND structure.

"An email address alone does not represent MEND. In a few days that email will no longer be usable. What must be done will be done immediately. Terrorism is not a virtue for heroic combatants in the Ijaw and Niger Delta struggle.

"Millions of young men in the Niger Delta today possess the ability to deploy acts of unlimited violence on the Nigerian State. However, these men have decided to keep the peace because they can claim to be more Ijaw or more Niger Deltan than Goodluck Jonathan. They have given him the benefit of doubt and have pledged to work with him and guide him in his efforts in the Niger Delta. His commitment to the Niger Delta question, while still cloudy, remains unquestionable.

"In the next few days, the central command of the JRC will confer with Mujahid Dokubo-Asari to arrive at a final decision on this matter. Key decisions will be relayed to the press immediately."

Excerpt from news article here http://allafrica.com/stories/201010041283.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uduaghan Versus Ogboru In Another Court Battle Today / Advice To President Buhari About EFCC And Yahoo. / Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Explosions:ten (10) Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.