Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking (1032 Views)

Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking / How Can I Debit A Bank Account Using Quickteller? / Beware Of Using Quickteller For Online Transactions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking by DanielJones: 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hello Nigeria,

This article came up as a result of my experience using FCMB internet banking for over 3 years. I have a corporate account (business version) with FCMB and before you can use FCMB internet banking platform, you are obligated to use either a soft or hardware token. Also, take note that as a business account customer, you are exempted from using the popular USSD service for your transactions.

Some months ago, something strange happened to my hardware token, I noticed that it still generates the usual numbers but the numbers that it generates are proven invalid by the platform. So, I reported to the customer care unit of my branch and I was asked to write a letter with my company’s letterhead and do some bla bla bla before I could get on. I got back to work that day feeling so disappointed with some loopholes in our banking system in Nigeria. Then I started considering using a better alternative. Not so long, I discovered Quickteller. Hence, this article is my unbiased opinion about my experience while using FCMB internet banking and Interswitch Quickteller.

7 REASONS WHY I PREFER USING QUICKTELLER TO MY FCMB INTERNET BANKING

1. You don’t need to have a token to send money to any account, pay bills or even recharge your phone. The idea of having to carry token everywhere you go is crazy. It is just not working for me. You talk about security? Yea, Qickteller’s OTP is good enough to get me covered.

2. You don’t need to download any app or visit your bank before you can set up mobile banking application or internet banking. With Quickteller, it is easy to use because it is web based. Just visit the webpage and initiate your transactions, that is all. As a small-scale business owner, it may also interest you to know that Quickteller has partnered with some financial organizations to offer soft loan services for your business growth. You can’t easily get this from FCMB without passing through fire.

3. It is cheaper. As at the last time I checked, the cost of getting FCMB hardware token is roughly N3,500…what da heck! Why not save that and just use Quickteller that charges you only N52 per transfer to any bank? Mind you, after FCMB charges you that much for the token, they will still charge you the same N52 for any transfer to other banks.

4. The problem with maintaining hardware token. The device can get easily damaged or just run mad as mine did. I tell you, if anything happens to your token, you will go through a lot to get it fixed.

5. In case there is slow internet network or no internet data on your phone, you can easily walk to any Interswitch powered ATM and complete your transaction with your Verve card. This means that you can transfer money to any account and pay your bills using the ATM.

6. The security claimed to be provided by either the software or hardware token is useless and unnecessary since Quickteller already offers OTP as a form of security. Just as it is difficult for anyone to complete any transaction on FCMB internet banking without using a token, so also is the case with OTP; if you don’t have access to the phone which was used to open the account, you can’t complete any transaction successfully.

7. It is easy for an elephant to pass through the hole of a needle than for you to recharge your mobile phone through FCMB mobile bank application or internet banking platform.

We hope this review will get to the real decision makers in FCMB team and other commercial banks in Nigeria so as to make a change. As a tradition for us here, we do not by any means intend to castigate or taint the image of any brand but we are dedicated to highlighting some critical features of brands and point out areas that need to be developed or reviewed about such brands for easy access and full customer satisfaction. FCMB like other well-meaning commercial banks in Nigeria claims to be supportive to both small scale businesses and SMEs but till date there are no realistic and accessible soft loans available for businesses. FCMB needs to work on making soft and quick loans available to their dedicated customers via their internet banking platform. It is not all about Nigerian government, at Brand Inspectors’ Blog (BIB), we believe we can all help to build a better and bigger Nigeria. It starts from you.

A business with no sign is a sign of no business. Your brand is your corporate signature in the global marketplace. Contact me directly via thebrandinspector@gmail.com for inquiries, brand display, brand inspection or certification.

http://brandinspector..com/2019/06/7-reasons-why-i-prefer-using.html?m=1

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking by aywagze(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
INTERSWITCH Financial Inclusion Services Limited (IFIS) is the division of the interswitch group which has the responsibility of making financial services more inclusive especially to the unbanked population of Nigeria.

Make good profit when you become a Quickteller Paypoint agent to offer these services:
- Sell Airtime.
- Send & Receive Money.
- Pay Electricity Bills.
- Renew Startimes, GOtv & DSTV Subscription.
- Pay Insurance Premiums.
- Redeem Lottery/ Gaming Winnings.
- Settle Retail Taxes.
- Fund Mobile Wallet etc..
- You Only need ANDROID Phone OR Interswitch POS.
- ...for more inquiries.
Phone: 0 8 0 6 7 8 8 7 8 4 7
Whatsapp : 0 8 0 6 6 8 8 7 8 4 7

⚠️⚠️you must have an existing business location⚠️⚠️
Note::: you will make #5000 payment (new agent capital) to fund your wallet when you are created on PAYDIRECT.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking by DanielJones: 9:31am On Jun 22, 2019
Read more on www.brandinspector.blogdpot.com and don't forget to thank me later.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking by budiliscious(f): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
Exactly my thought. Nice write-up. FCMB management should read this.

(1) (Reply)

Secure Your Office, Home And Shop With Our CCTV Installation. / Promote Your Youtube Videos And Channel. Get More Views, Likes And Subscribers / Just In - Corona Beer Manfacturers Stops Production Over COVID-19 Pandemic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.