Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener (16870 Views)

Zimbabweans To Shock Africa By Thrashing Egypt 1~2 / Super Eagles Players Fall Sick In Camp Ahead Of AFCON Opener Against Burundi / Unique Anthony Joshua’s Car Collection: Impressive In Its Own Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by OILFLASHY1(f): 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
With Zimbabwe goalkeeper Edmore Sibanda in fine form, Egypt had to settle for a 1-0 win in the opening match of the Africa Cup of Nations
Egypt got off to a winning start at the Africa Cup of Nations thanks to Mahmoud Hassan's first-half goal against Zimbabwe.

The tournament hosts would have been looking to Champions League winner Mohamed Salah for inspiration but in fact it came through a different source in the 41st minute.

24-year-old midfielder Hassan fired home the only goal of the game by cutting in from the left before curling a fine effort into the bottom corner of the Zimbabwe net.
His 41st-minute strike proved decisive as Egypt spurned a number of chances to make a bigger impact but they will be satisfied with picking up maximum points from their opening game.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/egypt-1-0-zimbabwe-salah-far-impressive-hosts-neat-afcon-opener/

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 22, 2019
nice one Egypt, hope Nigerians learn
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Horus(m): 6:20am On Jun 22, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBQImSfwpE

Egypt vs Zimbabwe 1-0- All Goals & Extended Highlights - CAF 2019
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2019
Ummmm
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by oluwasegun007(m): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2019
Zimbabwe were impressive yesterday,

Their only problem was that they had starting but no good finishing...

Egypt game plan was centered around salah which was very obvious to the warriors..

Salah on the other hand was not in good form yesterday.

It was a good game from both teams, but I'll give it to Zimbabwe...

The eagles need to up their game. because I can't see them facing those guys I watched yesterday..

I wish them all the best.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by abdulyaro66(m): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2019
Good morning, I’m still buying all stuff you see on my bio grin
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Olareveals(f): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2019
Just a game now..chill

We sew corporate wears like shirt, trousers, sweatshirt and pants, polo for corporate organization, schools and churches at affordable prices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by DeutschJunge: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
How can you watch the opening minutes of that match and say he didnt show up? He created chances, not his fault his team mates did not take advantage of it.

The way people sit and write and critic people is just beyond me, give them the same opportunity and the cant perform 5%. Watching that match yesterday, you can see the class in him, he is a world class player.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Cutezt(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Okay
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by wristbangle: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Seriously the Zimbabwean should have trashed the Egyptian side if not for the fact that their attackers lack coordination in front of goals.

Bring on Senegal, Nigeria and a more determined side, they will humiliate and destroy the Egyptian team

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Sonfethopia: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Far from impressive how. Do u want him to dribble full.field

6 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by lumzybo: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Think you got the name of the goal scorer wrong grin. Salah tried. Just cos he dint score doesn’t mean he wasn’t impressive. Besides, the tournament is just starting.

21 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Sholaco: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Don't condemn the man,he tried hard to find the back of the net but it was pretty difficult, do you think the Zimbabwean team came to look Pharoah pyramid? I gave it to Billia of Zimbabwe

13 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by SimSify(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2019
Isn't that the first match.. Don't you taste a food you've not eaten before, before you devour it..

Op. Take yoir time this cool morning oooo

2 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by TFLAME(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2019
Bet9ja scammer , this is another front page post .. I’ve been waiting for you to come and buy my Nairaland accout since yesterday, so you will modify the post and place your scam advert . Just 20k out of all your winnings . But you have refused to answer me . I won’t give up bro . Guy where are you ? Bro are you there ? Bro ? Hello Guy ? Anybody there ? Are you broke ? Don’t lie

Sex positions Spammer , where are you ? I’ve not seen your post lately .. have you contacted STD ? Bro .. are you there ? Hello ? Have you knack soldier wife with all your styles ? You’ve been caught ? Come and buy space o .. I know you have use all your money to knack .. pay 1k bro . Are you there ? Where are you guys ?

Victorfixed0176:
see below it

You are stingy .. I swear , I don Dey find you since yesterday .. how far ?

8 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by dominique(f): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2019
He's fast turning to the Egyptian Messi; fantastic for club, not too impressive for country

@op it was Trezeguet that scored not Hassan.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by gurunlocker: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2019
He tried yesterday, but just selfish in some cash as usual..... They played a superb one-two pass in the first half that I would have love if it was a goal...
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by TundeeednuT: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2019
zagadat442:
nice one Egypt, hope Nigerians learn
I doubt they did
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Weedhustler: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2019
Abeg which hassan fire d goal all this rubbish naija blogger that don't know how to report news.copy n paste fools!
D only goal was scored by MOHAMMED TREZEGUET...

7 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by tesppidd: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2019
Salah must not do everything in every game for Egypt.
Other players should step up and deliver the team sometimes.

The only national team where they look for just one same player to do everything for them in every game is Argentina.

8 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by MrTrend(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2019
Weedhustler:
Abeg which hassan fire d goal all this rubbish naija blogger that don't know how to report news.copy n paste fools!
D only goal was scored by MOHAMMED TREZEGUET...

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Lamasta(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2019
Football is a collective team effort not individual effort cool
Am seeing Super Eagles in the finals of this AFCON 2019

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by OTayobami(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2019
Mo! Salah! Mo salah! Egyptian king, mo salah! Mo salah! the magician...
Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by nairalee(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2019
And the Yeye commentator was shouting that Sallah was giving him orgasmic feelings. Who does that?

African commentators need to go and learn professional commentary and common sense

15 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by MrTrend(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2019
The goal scorer was not Mahmoud Hassan

But, Trezeguet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Emeks008(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2019
Those zimbabwe players really tried yesterday. They put their best but lack a good forward man to net the ball.

I was expecting the egyptians to trash them 4-0 but those guys are really prepared for the game.

Wish them good luck in their next game

5 Likes

Re: Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe: Salah Far From Impressive In Hosts' Neat AFCON Opener by Emmzi(m): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2019
copy and paste news...no be trezeguet score yesterday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Club Presidents, Coaches, Scouts In Nigeria For 150 Soccer Stars Selected Player / Betking Is A Fraud / Arsenal Dropped Points In Their Last Three EPL Games, Will It Cost Them Title?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.