Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 (19257 Views)

UNIMAID Student Attacks 21-yr-old Lady For Rejecting Love Proposal (graphic Pic) / Lady Burnt By Her Boyfriend's Brother In Edo For Rejecting His Sex Advances Dies / Police Arrest 'Osama' Who Stabbed 16-Year-Old Girl For Rejecting Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Kendumazy(m): 6:27am On Jun 22, 2019
Hmm
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Afonja007: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2019
itsme01:
shocked

If this had happened in Northern Nigeria, Togo, Ghana or SouthAfrica and the locals reacted with brute force, sentimental people would troop out with all kind of grammar, from xenophobia to bigotry to marginalization or islamization. But since the victim of this crime happens to be named Adewoto Matthew from Omoluabi Southwest State now the wont talk or offer a word of caution to the criminals
so if white British people decides to kill all Nigerians in London because two useless Yoruba jihadist behead a British soldier what will be your reaction?had it been that northern underwear sucide bomber succeded in killing all the 270 American passengers for 72 virgins what will be your reaction?ewu congo like you how many of your afonja brothers has been slaughtered this year in London over cult related cases ,we 're no more in era when punch Tribune concord can write any thing they like against other Nigerians ,today we read online news to know how afonjas mines skulls ,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Hotfreezers: 6:28am On Jun 22, 2019
emptor:
[b][/b]you guys should stop this thing.we are all Nigerians and should always have that in mind

Tell that to the Togolese who specifically dragged Igbos out of their shops and beat them.

Tell those from Cameroun and Equatorial Guinea who routinely deal with Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by MrGerald(m): 6:33am On Jun 22, 2019
edo3:
Bros,, with this kind of hatred igbos has towards other tribes esp yorubas,, I don't think such would happen on ibo soil and resort to court judgement... Jungle justice is d only language ibos understand..
Sorry to say that,, not all ibos are bad,, I av a true friend from ibo extract that sees himself not only as ibo,, but as a Nigerian also.. He is better than all my yoruba brothers av known.. He doesn't gossip or listen to friends whom may wants him not to offer help.. He would rather do it in his own way regardless of where you are from..
Thanks Uche for being a wonderful friend,, may God almighty continue to protect you and ur entire family from danger..
The Igbos you don't know have soft spot for strangers in their mids, they don't treat them harsh rather defend them against their own, don't judge based on your instincts, how many times you've heard or seen them unleashing jungle justice on visitors there? they'd rather go to police.
Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by tiwiex(m): 6:36am On Jun 22, 2019
itsme01:
shocked

If this had happened in Northern Nigeria, Togo, Ghana or SouthAfrica and the locals reacted with brute force, sentimental people would troop out with all kind of grammar, from xenophobia to bigotry to marginalization or islamization. But since the victim of this crime happens to be named Adewoto Matthew from Omoluabi Southwest State now the wont talk or offer a word of caution to the criminals
What are u talking about here? This stuff was posted at 1 am. You posted at 2am as FC or what it's called. You actually expected people to be awake at a that time responding to news and you concluded there were no responses because the victim is yoruba. I am not even sure what your point is because you didn't make it. Infact, I didn't even notice the origin of the names and had to go back and read again to understand your point and yet I still couldn't see your point. All I saw was the crime and the shocking intng intent. Where did islamization or xenophobia enter a case of theft and fake money. Mennnnnn. Please read info on it's merit and stop all these unnecessary tribal conclusions. I am actually still trying to get your point.

My biggest surprise is that the cased has been adjourned till OCTOBER. That's 6 months away and that's suspiciously a long time. Half a year. Something is obviously wrong and they would be out on bail preying on other victims. I think I should go and check the name of the judge and run a tribal conclusion which really makes no sense at arriving at a conclusion. Yup, she is Yoruba. I leave you to draw another ingenious conclusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Jaypop22: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2019
DKM123:
Instead of at least talking about the crazy ruling of just 200k bail money, we are arguing about tribes. Typical.

My brother, there is definitely different from what law is and what law ought to be. The law presently says 200k bail for such an offense, and Magistrate cannot do otherwise. Remember, it is a Magistrate Court not a High court. There is definitely an urgent need to review our laws especially those that have to do with bail and monetary fines to reflect current economic realities and currency values.
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:
[s][/s]
Would Igbos tolerate an Hausa man in Onitsha paying a spare parts dealer with fake notes and calling his fellow Hausas to beat the Igbo trader?

would Igbos tolerate a Yoruba man in Aba paying an Igbo electronics dealer with fake notes and calling his fellow Yorubas to beat the Igbo trader?

Did I justify the crime of counterfeiting.?

No.

Just mentioned that one man committing a crime should not be used to bash his or her either tribe or race.

Sorry you missed my point.

Good morning. And by the way, I'm not Ibo,hausa or Yoruba. I'm just a Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by NORSIYK(m): 6:40am On Jun 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Keep deceiving yourself.

Go and look at the video of the Togolese beating traders in the market. All those beaten were Nigerians and the report stated that they specifically targeted Igbos.

In India today, their policemen tell Igbos apart from other Nigerians and once they profile you as Igbo, you automatically become a suspect.

In Asia, those being executed in Asian countries are all Igbos.

In China, the former Eze Ndigbo China died in shady circumstances but it was reported to be as a result of narcotics. Presently, hundreds of Igbos are in Chinese prisons.

In South Africa, go and check the Nigerians being killed. Most of them are Igbos and it is as a result of narcotics trade by igbos in SA.

In Cameroun and Equatorial Guinea just recently, Igbo traders were targeted.

You can keep hiding behind one finger but the truth is that Igbos outside Nigeria are being marked as societal negatives and it is causing a wave of Igbophobia which would limit the travel benefits of Igbos in the next decade..

Yoruba people always full of hate, anger bitter, jealous and envy, see how this one is vomiting raw hate... You have suddenly forgotten that 90% of drug trafficking inmates in Saudi Arabia prisons are Yoruba people, also forgotten that 90% of Internet scam inmates inmates in UK prisons are Yoruba people, You have also forgotten that once you bear Yoruba name in south Africa the authorities there will label you a fraudster or should we talk of the Yorubas skull mining activities here in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by tiwiex(m): 6:44am On Jun 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Tell that to the Togolese who specifically dragged Igbos out of their shops and beat them.

Tell those from Cameroun and Equatorial Guinea who routinely deal with Igbos.

I think this igbo victimisation thing is taken too far. Please, let's be objective here. I agree Igbos are politically marginalised but how we justify stealing phones and being caught to being igbos a form of victimisation is shameful. There was a yoruba actor who I believe is still in jail over a similar offence. Is he igbo? Are you suggesting those boys should be release because they are igbos? Really, tell me what is on your mind? At this rate of thinking, I would say we have lost it.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by ridbell01(m): 6:45am On Jun 22, 2019
They are fortunate that it happened in Ajah if one stupid igbo try this in oshodi and is he apprehended i swear the rest is history

3 Likes

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by sammyj: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2019
The judge and the complainant never discussed about the assault case but would rather talk about the money aspect of the matter. Just imagine how much a life is worth in the country compared to money shocked angry

1 Like

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by edo3(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2019
MrGerald:
The Igbos you don't know have soft spot for strangers in their mids, they don't treat them harsh rather defend them against their own, don't judge based on your instincts, how many times you've heard or seen them unleashing jungle justice on visitors there? they'd rather go to police.
Have a nice weekend.
My brother i don't reply my mentions,, but i will to this.. We have countless of Jungle justices on social media.. The last one i saw was that of a man that stole goat and burnt alive with the goat he stole..Even d innocent goat was not spared.. All these happened on ur soil..
In our fmr president's voice ''how much did nwobodo stole".. How much was d goat that he couldn't be pardoned talk more of someone that bought something worth 900,000 on ibo soil.. If u could do this to ur own kinsman that stole goat,, what would be the fate of a total stranger?

3 Likes

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by verifiablefacts: 6:57am On Jun 22, 2019
karma2000:
Let's see if dey would try settle their bail with fake naira notes den karma would begin real judgement from there
and no charge for assault?
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by D1zion: 7:06am On Jun 22, 2019
Eze,Obi? Why are this people tarnishing the image of Nigerians everywhere, you do it at home &outside. Why can't some of them have a rethink & copy the good & hardworking ways of some of their brothers & sisters who are proudly Nigerians & are making us proud everywhere they go.?
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by NORSIYK(m): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2019
edo3:
My brother i don't reply my mentions,, but i will to this.. We have countless of Jungle justices on social media.. The last one i saw was that of a man that stole goat and burnt alive with the goat he stole..Even d innocent goat was not spared.. All these happened on ur soil..
In our fmr president's voice ''how much did nwobodo stole".. How much was d goat that he couldn't be pardoned talk more of someone that bought something worth 900,000 on ibo soil.. If u could do this to ur own kinsman that stole goat,, what would be the fate of a total stranger?

The same way a Lady was Burnt In Ilesha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by AfonjaConehead: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2019
itsme01:
shocked

I can't imagine 21 "human beings" liked this garbage you posted from the arsse!!!
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by semyman: 7:25am On Jun 22, 2019
Na Dem

Please they should just allow these people go to their own republic.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by xnsandrxns: 7:27am On Jun 22, 2019
Someday their cup will run over
You'll leave your 5th world region with the sole aim of committing crime in another place
Hiding under one Nigeria to do all sort of crimes
Someday your cup will run over
It's a warning
It's an advise

3 Likes

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Ossaifamous(m): 7:27am On Jun 22, 2019
From fake alerts to counterfeit money, from online fraud to armed robbery to window burglary thievery.... Nigerians, the world reads these things and that's why we are always not welcome
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by AfonjaConehead: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:
Honestly, Igbos need to be very very careful. The wickedness and crimes condoned in Igboland should not be done outside and people are waking up to respond with violence.

Before, it was execution in Asian prisons, then killings in South Africa, then Ghana. Just 2 days ago, Igbos in a market in Togo were dragging Igbo traders out and beating them up. Reprisals and punishments are shifting from Asia to Southern Africa and is now in West Africa.

People generally are getting fed up of these things and you can deny it but it is because of Igbos that Iyalojas and Babalojas were put in Lagos markets.

If Igbos keep behaving this way to their hosts wherever they find themselves, the liberties enjoyed by igbos outside Igboland today, they won't enjoy it in the next 10 years.

For those who would quote me and talk nonsense, would Igbos tolerate an Hausa man in Onitsha paying a spare parts dealer with fake notes and calling his fellow Hausas to beat the Igbo trader?

What you guys can't take, don't dish it o!

4kU.

This is a criminal offence and it ain't limited to the igbos alone.
These past weeks,efcc has been displaying mug shots of yahoo yahoo boys and they are all yorubas. Are their victims all yorubas? There are no saints anywhere.
What trouble makers like you seek,you will receive I'm full doze.
I ain't Igbo but the war you busy body yorubas are seeking with the igbos,you irritants will get it in full doze.
Spits

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by AfonjaConehead: 7:32am On Jun 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Keep deceiving yourself.

Go and look at the video of the Togolese beating traders in the market. All those beaten were Nigerians and the report stated that they specifically targeted Igbos.

In India today, their policemen tell Igbos apart from other Nigerians and once they profile you as Igbo, you automatically become a suspect.

In China, the former Eze Ndigbo China died in shady circumstances but it was reported to be as a result of narcotics. Presently, hundreds of Igbos are in Chinese prisons.

In South Africa, go and check the Nigerians being killed. Most of them are Igbos and it is as a result of narcotics trade by igbos in SA.

You can keep hiding behind one finger but the truth is that Igbos outside Nigeria are being marked as societal negatives and it is causing a wave of Igbophobia which would limit the travel benefits of Igbos in the next decade..

Deeply concerned minister of Igbo affairs
What a shame
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by AfonjaConehead: 7:35am On Jun 22, 2019
edo3:
Uhundan n'okhua

1 Like

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by AfonjaConehead: 7:37am On Jun 22, 2019
MrGerald:
Have a nice weekend.

I hope you weren't banned?
Cos I see a harmless post of yours is deleted while tribal post are everywhere here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by AfonjaConehead: 7:38am On Jun 22, 2019
xnsandrxns:
Someday their cup will run over
You'll leave your 5th world region only with the sole aim of committing crime in another place
Hiding under one Nigeria to do all sort of crimes
Someday your cup will run over
It's a warning
It's an advise
And you dare not do shhht

1 Like

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by AfonjaConehead: 7:46am On Jun 22, 2019
NORSIYK:

Yoruba people always full of hate, anger bitter, jealous and envy, see how this one is vomiting raw hate... You have suddenly forgotten that 90% of drug trafficking inmates in Saudi Arabia prisons are Yoruba people, also forgotten that 90% of Internet scam inmates inmates in UK prisons are Yoruba people, You have also forgotten that once you bear Yoruba name in south Africa the authorities there will label you a fraudster or should we talk of the Yorubas skull mining activities here in Nigeria.

God bless you.
Just look at all of them foaming in the mouth as if they are saints! Casting stones as if they have no criminals in their regions!
Everyday,you see efcc display mugshots of yahoo yahoo boys,do you see people condemning the entire Yoruba tribe?

All of them will die of hate and bitterness.

What a people.

I don't know why the mods will allow such hatred on here!

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by kanco: 8:03am On Jun 22, 2019
[quote author=Hotfreezers post=79558981]Honestly, Igbos need to be very very careful. The wickedness and crimes condoned in Igboland should not be done outside and people are waking up to respond with violence.

Before, it was execution in Asian prisons, then killings in South Africa, then Ghana. Just 2 days ago, Igbos in a market in Togo were dragging Igbo traders out and beating them up. Reprisals and punishments are shifting from Asia to Southern Africa and is now in West Africa.

People generally are getting fed up of these things and you can deny it but it is because of Igbos that Iyalojas and Babalojas were put in Lagos markets.

If Igbos keep behaving this way to their hosts wherever they find themselves, the liberties enjoyed by igbos outside Igboland today, they won't enjoy it in the next 10 years.

For those who would quote me and talk nonsense, would Igbos tolerate an Hausa man in Onitsha paying a spare parts dealer with fake notes and calling his fellow Hausas to beat the Igbo trader?

What you guys can't take, don't dish it o! [/quote

Those who were killed in Asia were found guilty of drug
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Taciturn1: 8:04am On Jun 22, 2019
MrGerald:
Have a nice weekend.
True
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by owoju: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2019
Seriously if u visit Ojo Alaba International, this Igbo guys are something else.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by chukwuibuipob: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2019
sad shocked sad ipobarethieves
Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by bendike: 8:33am On Jun 22, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Keep deceiving yourself.

Its not just with igbo, you find crime committed by all tribes in Nigeria. After all seun egegbe is not igbo.
I condemn crime by all. I condemn the desperation for fast money by all tribes especially the igbo. The rush to get to the front by any means disregarding due process. You can see the mentality in traffic. Little holdup and you see stupid people thinking they are smart drive through on coming traffic only to block the way and compound issues.
Few Nigerians are causing problems for the rest of us hard working majority.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster buys phones, assaults sales agent for rejecting fake N200,000 by Trezagezz: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2019
Nwannaa na this level?....

GistMore2:
GistMore.com

A sales representative of an online mobile phone store based in Ikeja, Lagos, Adewoto Matthew, got the beating of his life recently when he refused to collect fake naira notes from a suspected fraudster, Ebuka Eze.

City Round learnt that Eze, who is a customer to the owner of the store, had placed an order for four phones worth N900,000 on May 2, 2019.

The phones are Samsung S7, iPhone X, iPhone 7 plus and iPhone XR.

It was gathered that Matthew, who also works with the firm as a dispatch rider, went to Ajah to deliver the phones to Eze.

Our correspondent learnt that Eze paid Matthew N400,000 and promised to pay the balance at a later date.

He was said to have called his boss on the phone to notify him of the payment plan and collected the money after the boss agreed.

It was learnt that Matthew discovered that the notes were fake while he was counting them and raised the alarm.

Eze, who was in company with two others, reportedly beat Matthew up and fled with the phones.

“When I got to Ajah that day, the customer (Eze) asked me to meet him near an eatery. A man came to pick me up there and said his boss, who wanted to buy the phones, asked him to bring me to his place. I gave the phones to the so-called boss and he started checking them.

“As I was counting the money, I noticed they were fake N1,000 notes. I told him (Eze) that the money was fake and that I could not collect it. He started beating me and later zoomed off in a Camry car with two other persons who were with him.”

The incident was reported at the Ajah Police Division and a manhunt was launched for Eze by the police.

He was arrested on May 27, 2019 alongside one Emmanuel Obi, whom he reportedly gave one of the phones.

Eze, 31, told the police that he collected N100,000 from Obi, who wanted to buy a laptop with the money, and exchanged it with counterfeit N400,000 from his accomplice in Obalende, Lagos Island.

He reportedly admitted that he bought a laptop and four phones with the fake money, adding that he gave the laptop and a phone to Obi.

Obi said, “I knew that the money Ebuka (Eze) paid to the delivery man was fake. We were together in the ‘business.’ After he bought the laptop with fake money, I told him I was not interested in the business again. Police arrested me with the iPhone X that he gave me.”

The suspects were brought before an Ogba Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday on three counts bordering on unlawful possession of fake currency by a police prosecutor, ASP Ben Emuerhi.

The charges read in part, “That you, Ebuke Eze and Emmanuel Obi, and others now at large, on May 2, 2019, at 5.30pm, at Oluwanishola House, Ajah, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did have in your possession fake sum of N400,000, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 314 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.”

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges and were granted bail by the presiding magistrate, Mrs O. Sule-Amzat, in the sum of N200,000 each with two sureties each in the like sum.

The case was adjourned till October 28, 2019.

See more; http://gistmore.com/fraudster-buys-phones-assaults-sales-agent-for-rejecting-fake-n200000

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasarawa Gov Pressurised Me To Establish Militia Group, Miyetti Allah Leader / Devil Made Me Cut My Brother's Son's Hands With Blade - Woman Opens Up / 8-month-old Baby Found Dead Inside A Water Drum In Benin (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.