Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? (31731 Views)

What Does It Takes To Have Telecommunication Mast In A Community? / Rainstorm Pulls Down A Mast In Ogba, As Thunder Storm Cut Down A Tree In Lagos / Huge Cobra Invades A House In Kogi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by showafrica(m): 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:

It is a bungalow.

Collect money na but 7m is OK... The wall around the headend is enough to block the microwave on the ground but you can add additional shield with aluminum foil.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by TheFacelessMan: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
OP please come back in 2029 / 2035 to update us on how it went and the health status of household members.

I know a friend that got it and the terms he told me which i have forgotten seemed lucrative at that point in time.

It would be a difficult offer to refuse for most reading here.

I might not personally welcome it because i cherish my privacy
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by presido997(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
op's thanks for this your topic in fact have learn a lot from it, then back to the topic from my own point of view, I don't think the health effect will affect your family have seen many mast in people's compound and none of the family complain of cancer or whatsoever, don't let anybody convince you, it's your choice, just try and negotiate the price with the network provider they have to increase the pay, and if they insist on paying 5M it's still better bro,,,,, Congrats to your family

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by chukwuibuipob: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:

Lol... One of our neighbors was telling my mom that it causes low erection in males... That's why i posted this on nairaland
dnt mind d useless neighbor. Nor be only low erection E dey shrink person balls join.Nonsense! dnt allow d yeye neighbor to deceive ur mum.Dnt allow diz opportunity to pass u by.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Boyooosa(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:
Let me be straight forward, I got a call from home (I'm in school), i was told that network providers want to use a part of the compound for erection of their mast. The deal is, 15 years agreement but they are ready to pay 4m-5m for the first 5 years of agreement.

Yeah, the agreement is juicy, but my concern is that, health wise, is it advisable to have a mast near a house?

If the health risk is high, i will tell my dad about the complications before he consider the offer.

Thanks

https://wastesmart.org/2017/06/telecoms-masts-effects-on-human-health-and-environmental-safety-in-nigeria-part-ii/
Read this, it is from a reliable source with reference and make a sincere decision on your own after reading....
Meanwhile, my personal advice is;
Without anybody telling, you know that it is hazardous to health but might be very minimal and insignificant in some cases, it poses hazard to be sincere.... What u need to do is to compare the risk to health against your financial need, if u need the money so badly, go for the contract and probably try to up the offer, on thee side, if u don't need the money badly, just forget about the contract.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by chosenwan1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
I am not surprised people here telling you to accept. This is not the best place to get good advice thats for sure. If it wasn't such an inconvenience why would the company want to pay you 4-5m? Most people don't know how those technologies are harmful to their health due to radiation as long as they can come online to spew thrash. Do your research and if after that you still want it then goodluck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Vikkiboi(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
i wont deceive you, there is one not far from where i stay...in that compound ehn, there are two mama there...they cant be less than 100years old and they have been staying there since inception. accept the deal. you no get problem

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
Boyooosa:

https://wastesmart.org/2017/06/telecoms-masts-effects-on-human-health-and-environmental-safety-in-nigeria-part-ii/
Read this, it is from a reliable source with reference and make a sincere decision on your own after reading....
Meanwhile, my personal advice is;
Without anybody telling, you know that it is hazardous to health but might be very minimal and insignificant in some cases, it poses hazard to be sincere.... What u need to do is to compare the risk to health against your financial need, if u need the money so badly, go for the contract and probably try to up the offer, on thee side, if u don't need the money badly, just forget about the contract.

Thanks..
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
The one problem is which ever network it is.... It won't be stable in your house... You might be getting just 2bar of it

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by pwetie: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
Buildings wher the mast is erected are list affected by radiation compared to buildings 100m away from the mast.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by davidadenrele: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
itsme01:
smiley

According to WHO, there are no current scientific proofs of health hazards associated with telecommunication masts. however people have always rumored and complained about mast radiation causing cancer.. In developed countries almost all tower building both residential and office space have telecommunication mast on it and wealthy people are the ones living at the pent house tops.

Pros of such contract...
*You have access to Security light beaming into your compound and surroundings and that can scare away criminals
*The money is Good
*Security at the Mast location are usually 24/7 with CCTV and guards this means your house is free from burglers
*Extra Income from the lease of your property is not quite bad and you can always renegotiate from time to time
*You get to charge your phones and gadget there at anytime
*Owners of mast mostly have corporate social responsibility they perform for the host community

Cons...
*Sound from generator (always sound proof, but it still humes and vibrate)
*Your neighbors may resist the idea abit

Guy you obviously dont know the intensity of what you talking about you said and i quote" According to WHO, there are no current scientific proofs of health hazards associated with telecommunication masts. however people have always rumored and complained about mast radiation causing cancer.. In developed countries almost all tower building both residential and office space have telecommunication mast on it and wealthy people are the ones living at the pent house tops"

If only you know the health risk of radiation emitting from all cell towers 200meters from where it was installed you are citing benefits above the danger and major health risk that will after the lives of people living around with BTS and cell towers unfortunately we dont have a government that's concern about the well being of its citizens particularly health threatening issues such as radiation that's a number one major cause of cancer and brain tumor diseases. For your information it appears you not knowledgeable enough that's why you are wrongly advising the OP by citing the benefits of cell towers compared to the disadvantage and the health risk radiation isnt a rumor but, a number major cause of a killer ailment called cancer dont mislead people wrongly before you reply any post do a proper and appropriate research knowledge is power if you are BTS engineer or telecomm engineer with vast experience you wont post this kind of gullible info, to make matters worst you are referring to developed country as having BTS cellsite on top of their homes without any issue!!! really as in really am shaking my head to your ignorance. let me enlightened you a bit check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_JU-yLQYY.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
Waakanda:
If your dad refuses the offer, your very next door neighbour will accept it. Shikena cool

Exactly. In my neighborhood they came to my dad and he rejected the offer. Next thing I saw was them erecting it in my neighbours compound

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by MobilityExpress: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
kendrick93:
Oga a simple Google search proves how wrong you are..
There is no radiation risks associated with living near a phone masts...
Verified by the National radiological board.

Oh my God, so you can't recognize sarcasm even when thrown at your face? Gerrarahia mein grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
OpinionCounts:
First of all, 5million for 5 years is terrible, pls find out what you truly should be paid. Secondly, make sure as part of the agreement that your family is given the diesel supply contract for the generators, thirdly, make sure you get power supply from the generator to your home(though this is not compulsory, but can be done through kind negotiation), all these advise is from experience, I have seen Telecom mast hosts who have them all. As for the health hazard, it is true that there is radiation, this is common science, all the rays that travel to the mast from users build up in the sorounding receivers to form a radiation cloud, but if the mast is high enough then you don't have to worry because it disperses before it can get to you below. Cheers.

it does not work that way....

The only thing the family will enjoy apart from the money agreement is constant power from the network site...
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
obama30:

My brother if you accept that juice offer of 4m every 5 years, by next 15 years 4m will be $2k dollars, by 20 years ahead is NP longer money. Therefore let the agreement be in dollar but pay with naira equivalent. 4 million naira today is $11,000. Let the agreement remain in $11k and they can pay every 5 years the dollars naira equivalent. The tele company know they cheat people with code 5 years. Apply my ideas and you will see them sending people to your family to consider to accept naira or they can even run away because they meet a real business man. Remember you can't sack them easily with this kind of government and judiciary we have when the money become peanut in future and they refuse to pay. You can't use that land to build again, they will claim you sole the land to them in future. But with $11k every 5 years your big man in any currency. Don't accept naira agreement and don't go less than that instead make it $15,000 every five year if they don't like they can look else where. They are not the one to decide to you how to rent your land for you neither the amount to rent. Some people make the same mistakes 6 years ago, I told them that 500,000 naira which $3,500 then will later worth less but they think am envy cause is not on my land. Today what is value of 500k nair to dollar below $1,500. Shine your eyes

you spoke sagaciously... Good!!!!

But then,these guys that build mast(IHS,ATC,GLO) make their money in dollars and are very much aware of the points you raised up there...

Persistence on payment with dollars from OP's Dad,will make them zoom off because they also want to make profitcheesy cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
Poverty has shaking the sensibilities of the average Nigerian.

NIMBA
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by rali123(f): 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:
Let me be straight forward, I got a call from home (I'm in school), i was told that network providers want to use a part of the compound for erection of their mast. The deal is, 15 years agreement but they are ready to pay 4m-5m for the first 5 years of agreement.

Yeah, the agreement is juicy, but my concern is that, health wise, is it advisable to have a mast near a house?

If the health risk is high, i will tell my dad about the complications before he consider the offer.

Thanks

Not sure if location plays a major role but If you decided to let them use your house, note that the amount you quote here is way too small, renegotiate for a better price please. Talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Denko2721987(m): 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
SultanOfAbia:

5G is ten times more harmful EMF radiation than 3G and 4G... 5G before it was introduced to the public was a military tool used by moosad Israeli military. How It was used to disperse riot Palestinian crowds by just beaming the 5G satellite on the target crowd it caused them to feel burning sensation on the skin which made the crowds disperse and run.. But the 5G that was used by Israeli military was at a higher dose while the commercial 5G is at a lower dose of radiation but in the long run exposure to it will manifest with cancer and organ failure... The elites are ready for depopulation of humans, so 5G will slowly do the depopulation by deaths from cancer..

They don't know shishi
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
rali123:

Not sure if location plays a major role but If you decided to let them use your house, note that the amount you quote here is way too small, renegotiate for a better price please. Talking from experience.

okay, thanks for that...
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by DonMekino(m): 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
Happened to my uncle in the village, he refused leasing his land citing health risks, the airtel ppl went the nearby neighbour n erected it, the guy is driving Sienna and has built a five room flat in the village.... The annoying part is that my uncle still feels that he dodged a bullet by not leasing the land up till today.... And FYI he is a keke driver... The matter vex me ehhh

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by obama30: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2019
Randy91:

you spoke sagaciously... Good!!!!

But then,these guys that build mast(IHS,ATC,GLO) make their money in dollars and are very much aware of the points you raised up there...

Persistence on payment with dollars from OP's Dad,will make them zoom off because they also want to make profitcheesy cheesycheesy

The accept Naira on agreement and Naira in payment then eat peanut in future
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
not hazards please. we have it rooftop at my house for the past 6yrs now. its 15yrs contract and mine is 8 million every 5yrs... don't waste the opportunity oh!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
DonMekino:
Happened to my uncle in the village, he refused leasing his land citing health risks, the airtel ppl went the nearby neighbour n erected it, the guy is driving Sienna and has built a five room flat in the village.... The annoying part is that my uncle still feels that he dodged a bullet by not leasing the land up till today.... And FYI he is a keke driver... The matter vex me ehhh

chaii!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:

okay, thanks for that...

true it was initially 5m in my location in Lagos mainland but we didn't agree till they gave 7.5m during negotiation for the first 5 yrs, the second payment will increase a bit with 1.5m the next every five five yrs. the new payment for another 5yrs now will be 8.625m... u can still negotiate and collect more depending on your location. u can email me for guide. their are other benefits I will put you through after the deal is done no dull your self oh!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Bigdiddo:

true it was initially 5m in my location in Lagos mainland but we didn't agree till they gave 7.5m during negotiation for the first 5 yrs, the second payment will increase a bit with 1.5m the next every five five yrs. the new payment for another 5yrs now will be 8.625m... u can still negotiate and collect more depending on your location. u can email me for guide. their are other benefits I will put you through after the deal is done no dull your self oh!!

Thanks boss
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Simplecity(m): 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:

Thanks
collect the money and build another house cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Yunus2012(m): 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:

Thanks

Please include it in the agreement what should happen if their mast should collapse and destroy anything. It happen to someone I know and over two months now nothing is been done yet.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Nothing bad about it. There is a mast close to our home, the mast is over 10yrs or more, and there is absolutely no issues whatsoever. If you waste time, they will move to another home.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Nothing bad about it. There is a mast close to our home, the mast is over 10yrs or more, and there is absolutely no issues whatsoever. If you waste time, they will move to another home.

okay thanks
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
Yunus2012:

Please include it in the agreement what should happen if their mast should collapse and destroy anything. It happen to someone I know and over two months now nothing is been done yet.
okay sir
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by kings59: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
Life first, before money. These are the reasons many die as a result of oblivion. Your family's life is more important my dear.

You should look at the dangers involved ,like collapsing ,emission of radiation, electro magnetic radiation, vibration from the generator which could cause cracks to your building, sound from the generator...e.t.c

Imagine receiving 4m or 5m from them and in the next 4yrs someone is diagnosed of cancer and an amount of 8m is required to do the operation... hello?

reasoning on the advantage will make one subject oneself to have an optimistic though to accept the offer ,like 24/7 power supply from their generator,strong network,free airtime,cctv(which will prevent burglars /miscreants from coming to your home..e.t.c

So the ball is in your court . If you think it would be better for you suit yourself ,but based on your topic ,if i were you i would accept the offer.

There is one here in my estate , it has been here for 4yrs and nothing has happened to the people residing close / approximate to the network mast.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
kings59:
Life first, before money. These are the reason many die as a result of oblivion. Your family's life is more important my dear.

You should look at the dangers involved ,like collapsing ,emission of radiation, electro magnetic radiation, vibration from the generator which could cause cracks to your building, sound from the generator...e.t.c

Imagine receiving 4m or 5m from them and in the next 4yrs someone is diagnosed of cancer and an amount of 8m is required to do the operation... hello?

reasoning on the advantage will make one subject oneself to have an optimistic though to accept the offer ,like 24/7 power supply from their generator,strong network,free airtime,cctv(which will prevent burglars /miscreants from coming to your home..e.t.c

So the ball is in your court . If you think it would be better for you suit yourself ,but based on your topic ,if i were you i would accept the offer.

There is one here in my estate , it has been here for 4yrs and nothing has happened to the people residing close / approximate to the network mast.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History / Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter / 'Doomsday Glacier' In Antarctica Is Holding On 'By Its Fingernails' - Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.