Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? (31746 Views)

What Does It Takes To Have Telecommunication Mast In A Community? / Rainstorm Pulls Down A Mast In Ogba, As Thunder Storm Cut Down A Tree In Lagos / Huge Cobra Invades A House In Kogi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by NoonMasamune: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:
Let me be straight forward, I got a call from home (I'm in school), i was told that network providers want to use a part of the compound for erection of their mast. The deal is, 15 years agreement but they are ready to pay 4m-5m for the first 5 years of agreement.

Yeah, the agreement is juicy, but my concern is that, health wise, is it advisable to have a mast near a house?

If the health risk is high, i will tell my dad about the complications before he consider the offer.

Thanks
Dont fall for it. My dad did that, it was MTN, they resufesd to pay him. And going to a legal battle is not worth the hassle

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:
okay sir

every mast has insurance. if anything should happen like disaster in on your property u sue them to court. it's always in any contract signed that the maintainance or if any damage happens to a site they will repair the property.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
NoonMasamune:

Dont fall for it. My dad did that, it was MTN, they resufesd to pay him. And going to a legal battle is not worth the hassle

that's a lie. I have both mtn and airtel in my fathers house and am the one in charge. they pay promptly even before your rentage Fees expire
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
Randy91:

it does not work that way....

The only thing the family will enjoy apart from the money agreement is constant power from the network site...

they wont pay u in dollars Neva!!! they will preferred in naira or they moved to a close neighbour. I have been working with them for 6yrs bro
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
where is your location to be precised? I can give you idea
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by themanderon: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
You and all the people living close to you are going to be microwaved I.e cooked slowly but steadily.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
Bigdiddo:
where is your location to be precised? I can give you idea

Ogun state. Matogun
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
themanderon:
You and all the people living close to you are going to be microwaved I.e cooked slowly but steadily.

You mean?
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Bigdiddo(m): 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:

Ogun state. Matogun

4m - 5m is OK for lands around ifo side bro..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by GreenCashServic: 5:31am On Jun 23, 2019
Telecommunications company staff cool I hail thee

itsme01:
smiley

According to WHO, there are no current scientific proofs of health hazards associated with telecommunication masts. however people have always rumored and complained about mast radiation causing cancer.. In developed countries almost all tower building both residential and office space have telecommunication mast on it and wealthy people are the ones living at the pent house tops.

Pros of such contract...
*You have access to Security light beaming into your compound and surroundings and that can scare away criminals
*The money is Good
*Security at the Mast location are usually 24/7 with CCTV and guards this means your house is free from burglers
*Extra Income from the lease of your property is not quite bad and you can always renegotiate from time to time
*You get to charge your phones and gadget there at anytime
*Owners of mast mostly have corporate social responsibility they perform for the host community

Cons...
*Sound from generator (always sound proof, but it still humes and vibrate)
*Your neighbors may resist the idea abit
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by ehinorlive: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2019
consider their engine noice, very noicy
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by joinnow: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2019
holuwajobar:
Let me be straight forward, I got a call from home (I'm in school), i was told that network providers want to use a part of the compound for erection of their mast. The deal is, 15 years agreement but they are ready to pay 4m-5m for the first 5 years of agreement.

Yeah, the agreement is juicy, but my concern is that, health wise, is it advisable to have a mast near a house?

If the health risk is high, i will tell my dad about the complications before he consider the offer.

Thanks
At this time, there is very little evidence to support the idea it causes cancer.

But what baffle me is each time my friend that work / repair mast returned back they give him carton of milk.
Why the company do that is suspicious.
Meanwhile overseas you hardly see base station.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by tegon(m): 9:28am On Jun 23, 2019
Can i get their contacts, land is available. Tnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Generalpatton: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2019
joinnow:

At this time, there is very little evidence to support the idea it causes cancer.

But what baffle me is each time my friend that work / repair mast returned back they give him carton of milk.
Why the company do that is suspicious.
Meanwhile overseas you hardly see base station.
Morning sir,my landlord is about go evict me,cant renew my rent.please help
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by joinnow: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2019
Generalpatton:

Morning sir,my landlord is about go evict me,cant renew my rent.please help
I am in tight corner financial now.
Plead with your landlord to give you more time

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
One guy said he would be opportuned to charge phones there anytime. No try am o cheesy cheesy cheesy. Funny dudes
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
holuwajobar:

Thanks

Wait.
The 4-5m is it yearly for 5 years or once for the whole 5 years?
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Wait.
The 4-5m is it yearly for 5 years or once for the whole 5 years?
once for the whole 5 years
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Kfed4ril(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
holuwajobar:
once for the whole 5 years

Bros it’s poor, tell your dad to reject it, if the can’t at least give you people 5m yearly for the 15 years then the should forget it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by holuwajobar(m): 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Bros it’s poor, tell your dad to reject it, if the can’t at least give you people 5m yearly for the 15 years then the should forget it.

Thanks. My dad later rejected the offer. He doesn't want to risk the health of my little siblings...

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by odysey: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
Skyfornia:
Hmm...are they still erecting mast in this age?? Nigeria is truly a shithole.

Are there alternatives??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by pawsofdikeje(m): 7:04am On Oct 11, 2019
I rather advise you guys lease and not sell.

Bigdiddo:

4m - 5m is OK for lands around ifo side bro..
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by pawsofdikeje(m): 7:06am On Oct 11, 2019
Seems people still think getting a land for this Telecom tower is still hotcake.
They have a price limit man and no additional offer comes with the price. Am in the system and am telling you this straight from the books.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by olenime(m): 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
We have a property in Lagos, we invited a network mast to come take part of it for lease.

They agreed 15years, now 10years is gone and wish to terminate this agreement because we wish to build on it.

What can be done sir? Can we get a lawyer to fight this?
Please recommend any good one with such experience.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by zamanii: 4:17am On Aug 06, 2020
Randy91:

IHS handles mast concerning Etisalat,MTN and in rare cases Airtel tenants...

MTN and Etisalat can hold IHS bills eeeehhhhh

but ATC handles ONLY AIRTEL masts and AIRTEL tenant..And AIRTEL dey pay even before time to ATC in a juicy way...Lolzz

your DAD should be smart about this negotiation!
because if he gets it wrong the first time,there be no room for renegotiation even after the contract expires and ONLY option d guys from #Site built dept## will cling to is to get another bidder!!!

##Be wise!!!

Boss, any idea about what would be a good deal for Glo's mast installation on one's land is and the benefits?
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2020
zamanii:

Boss, any idea about what would be a good deal for Glo's mast installation on one's land is and the benefits?

1million Per Year is not a bad deal considering Naira fall..

You can also negotiate them into connecting you power from the site but if they didn't agree, don't push it.

Again, if your house is close by the mast, hope you are ready to manage the noise pollution from the GenSET and over time also be ready for "Air pollution" from Exhaust...
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by zamanii: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2020
Randy91:

1million Per Year is not a bad deal considering Naira fall..

You can also negotiate them into connecting you power from the site but if they didn't agree, don't push it.

Again, if your house is close by the mast, hope you are ready to manage the noise pollution from the GenSET and over time also be ready for "Air pollution" from Exhaust...

Thanks a lot boss
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by koloyewo: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
Bigdiddo:

that's a lie. I have both mtn and airtel in my fathers house and am the one in charge. they pay promptly even before your rentage Fees expire
I have one for 10 years, remaining 2 years before it expires, can I tell them to pay before the expiration, i want to know if there are modalities around it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History / Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter / 'Doomsday Glacier' In Antarctica Is Holding On 'By Its Fingernails' - Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.