Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? (35408 Views)

Motunrayo Ajia: Covenant University CGPA 5.0, All Time Best Graduating Student / 10 Most Influential Books Of All Time / Plato’s Notion Of Philosopher King, And Nigerian Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by FRESHG(m): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
RexTramadol1:

Who taught you philosophy?

If you didn't learn under Jingo

Or Prof. Salami

You haven't learnt "love of wisdom".

oh how I love philosophy!
THE GREATEST AFRICAN PHILOSOPHER ALIVE IS PROF J.I OMOREGBE. ARGUE WITH YOUR KEYBOARD
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by RexTramadol1: 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
FRESHG:
THE GREATEST AFRICAN PHILOSOPHER ALIVE IS PROF J.I OMOREGBE. ARGUE WITH YOUR KEYBOARD

I don laff sotey I dey roll for ground.

Omoregbe is good

Salami is better

Jingo is best. grin
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by nnaeyes6: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2019
Socrates is Ronaldinho in Philosophy
Plato is C Ronaldo in Philosophy
The real GOAT is Aristotle, Messi of philosophy
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by rectitude(m): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
dermmy:

Jesus was never a philosoher. That's an insult, Jesus didn't philosophise his followers he taught them sound spiritual truth that supersede the thought of great philosophers. I have read about some philosophers and their works and i can point out some errors and facts that are irrelevant in modern times but the words of Jesus can never be broken.

The best!
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by killsmith(f): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
FRESHG:
FOR ME O, KANT KARL MARX AND SIR RAIMUND KARL POPPER ARE THE BEST PHILOSOPHERS OF ALL TIME. ANY STUDENT OF PHILOSOPHY WOULD TELL YOU THAT KANTS CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON NOR BE BEANS. POPPER CAME WITH HIS THEORY OF FALSIFICATION. BASED ON THIS, HE SEES ALL LAWS IN SCIENCE AS A MERE CONJECTURES WHICH CAN BE SUBJECT TO REFUTATION. ACCORDING TO POPPER, ANYTIME A SCIENTIST IS AT WORK, HE IS EITHER FALSIFYING OR CORROBORATING A THEORY, THEREFORE HE DISAGREED WITH THE POSITIVIST ( VIENNA CIRCLES) THAT METAPHYSICAL PROPOSITIONS ARE NONSENSICAL AND MEANINGLESS (DAVID HUMES).

POPPER IS MY GREATEST OF ALL TIME
Kant's critique of pure reason has been debunked and rebuffed severally but we must agree that he did a fantastic job in studying human reasoning.

Nonetheless, Metaphysics is nothing but linguistic confusion. There is no objective doctrine to explain the true nature of things.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by killsmith(f): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
nnaeyes6:
Socrates is Ronaldinho in Philosophy
Plato is C Ronaldo in Philosophy
The real GOAT is Aristotle, Messi of philosophy
Aristotle was a plagiarist.

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by follock007(m): 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
The Greatest Follow Suffer? It is Me... I am currently beating the record of Jesus... I am the very Universal center of gravity of the moment. If you are seeing me in your dreams getting electrocuted, tortured and rescued from sea and thrown down again etc and in doubt who I was, then here I am... I am the Oil that Malaysia came to Benin to learn of in 1984 or so, I am a character in the Wikileaks drama etc etc I am currently on every news you find today
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by killsmith(f): 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
y3mi:
As their parents who can't really be blamed has always worship, extol and acknowledge the figures of their European and Arab slave masters so does the list below shows the handles of [color=#006600][b]Nairaland members on this thread who reflect what they've been taught by their folks which further confirms as proof that majority of Africans are incapable of liberating their minds from mental slavery as the answers they have provided on this topic are the types only fake sons & daughters of Africa whose thought-process have been enslaved by all thing foreign can give (even if there were taught in western/arabic school or not[/b][/color]

Slaves according to their serial number.
1. rentAcock (slave)
2. judgementyard (slave)
3. fedrick901 (slave)
4. judgementyard (slave)
5. Amuocha (slave)
6. msmon (slave)
7. starbuck (slave)
8. Drienzia (slave)
9. arantess (slave)
10. Muhylonaire (slave)
11. sammyj (slave)
12. wyqay (slave)
13. spacks (slave)
14. SEEDORF441 (slave)
15. Hedonisst (slave)
16. whitebeard (slave)
17. VAPatrick (slave)
18. olatex25 (slave)
19. Enosa1 (slave)
20. leyeakanji (slave)
21. Odunharry (slave)
22. dermmy (slave)
23. Jokerman (slave)
24. SouthSouth1914 (slave)
25. Ultimus (slave)
26. Dinirojones (slave)
27. aod1 (slave)
28. Garrieveryday (slave)
29. AreaFada2 (slave) where did all those Greco-roman philosophers you mentioned including those who taught them plagiarize there knowledge from ?
30. Scandinavian02 (slave) fool so it's until someone publishes their philosophy can he become a philosopher, I bet if you know what philosophy means in your dialect ?
31. rexel99 (slave)
32. jaxxy (slave how far na ?)
33. lastempero (slave)
34. Carlyboi (slave)
35. CanadaOrBust (slave)
36. Uzomavictor (slave)
37. fieryy (slave)
38. Justinba1997 (slave)
39. Austineva (slave)

*more slave names to be added to the list

ANSWERS ONLY A TRUE SON & DAUGHTER OF AFRICA CAN GIVE

WiLdFLame
ORUNMILA IS A NOT JUST A GREAT PHILOSOPHER, IN HUMAN FORM HE IS THE GREATEST, ORUNMILLA is the only deity who witnessed it when allllllha/yahweh Eledumare/Chineke/Abasi/Uban'giji/Oghene (GOD) was bringing forth creation. ORUNMILLA is the force of nature that preside over all thing knowledge and wisdom thus The GOD of WISDOM and the custodian of the ancient IFA CORPUS (repository of all esoteric knowledge here and beyond this world).
oalandAgents2
Our great great grandfathers were more philosophical than all those European and Chinese figure our enslaved brothers and sisters have been so educated to mention so far.
QuietHammer
Can you blame them, well yes, I think we can, Why can't they think ?
PS: are you related to InvertedHammer ?
gwafaeziokwu
Ma niqqa
Sheunma
Orunmilla for sure, Rene Descartes; an honorable mention and whom I even feel more than those overrated Greek plagiarists and unreal prophet of doom from the semitic world.
lordskid
Ofcourse he is so right typing Orunmila, unlike them children of slaves here who continue to prove there's nothing their ancestors have that is teachable to the world, only to consume what they are fed, when in fact we got the real deal here, why are Europeans and Americans of today are eager to die for IFA studies (AFA in Igbo), learning all the countless philosophies and esoteric powers encoded in it. Traveling here with so much eager to to learn and acquire as many as possible, no matter how long it takes.
Flier
Do you have any idea the amount of scientific knowledge in the African believe system, tho not empirical but effective, science tells us about a fundamental force called gravity, measured and calibrated it based on an agreed upon value and constant, like they did all other spatial, vector, scalar and so called fundamental qualities but can modern come up with an effective and perfect means to defy defy gravity without any external device or machinery ? You alone can suspend an object in thing air with the right incantation, study the incantation deeply by breaking it down and you would realized how words are programmed to manipulate/control/command that same force scientists decide to call gravity, which is just a meager part of the real thing, where is the source of the incantation, Orunmilla as passed down through it disciples from precient times unknown to dated history everyone is used to.
Sunky200
Wa gba yi!!! Even if they don't know Orunmilla as bastardized by that miseducating nollywood and demonized by pro-Christian/Islam Nigeria, they could at least mention names of classical musicians from their respective tribes who sing music with deep philosophies and proverbs (popular or not), it's better than all those thieves they keep mentioning
Tetehjewels
Kudos to you brethren for typing in Pete Edochie! You are not a slave.
dotunbidemi
Preach to them, they all stole from Africa...
iyke926
To add to Bob Marley is Fela Kuti, Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka which they've all failed to mention, what do you expect from people who behave and think like only a slave would ?
FRESHG[/b]Ori e wa n be. ORUNMILLA surpasses all prophets, philosophers, wizard, scientists, mage, genius that would ever come to exist, his esoteric teachings alone is enough to solve various problem of the world, not to talk of all the divine powers he has access to.
[b]mcayomind

You are duly sighted! human.
7lives[b]Fuqman[/b]Thank you both for mentioning that, informing them slaves who love licking the the toes of the idol figures slammed on them by their Euro-arab slave masters.

Stop being a nuisance on this thread.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by felaismyhero(m): 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
why is fela anikulapo kuti not on the list? we had thinkers in africa too

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
FRESHG:
HE WAS ACTUALLY TRYING TO REPLY THE MITIGATED SKEPTICS KNOWN AS SOPHISTS, WHO WERE OF THE VIEW THA “NOTHING CAN BE KNOWN”. ST AUGSTINE OF HIPPO, A MEDIEVAL AGE PHILOSOPHER WAS AMONG THE PHILOSOPHERS THAT COUNTERED THE SOPHISTS WITH HIS “SI FALLO ERGO SUM DICTUM”. DESCARTES WAS TRYING TO LAY A VERY SOLID FOUNDATION WHERE SCIENCE WOULD THRIVE WITH HIS DICTUM AT THE END OF 18th CENTURY.

Fine. Doesn’t change the fact his statement was a fakacy
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by y3mi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
killsmith:
Stop being a nuisance on this thread.
You're the one who's constituting nuisance
further littering here after having to quote all my post again just to have my attention, you say metaphysics is a linguistic confusion, what then will you called religious texts as we have in the bible, do they actually make sensible meaning, that aside, what metaphysics may mean to you might, probably gibberish is theosophical to others as it is to me epistemologically, cosmologically and cosmogonically treated, noetically speaking.

CanadaOrBust:

Can u tell us one thought Orimila atculated?
What stopping you to go do your research (not online), in real life ofcourse. Your journey begins after you've learned how to spell the name correctly.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by CanadaOrBust: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
y3mi:

WiLdFLame
ORUNMILA IS A NOT JUST A GREAT PHILOSOPHER, IN HUMAN FORM HE IS THE GREATEST, ORUNMILLA is the only deity who witnessed it when allllllha/yahweh Eledumare/Chineke/Abasi/Uban'giji/Oghene (GOD) was bringing forth creation. ORUNMILLA*more slave names to be added to the list

One question for you: mention one physical tangible thing Orunmilla invented
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by bizzibodi(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
U even left out hypocrate & Solomon.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by starbuck(f): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
y3mi:

WiLdFLame
ORUNMILA IS A NOT JUST A GREAT PHILOSOPHER, IN HUMAN FORM HE IS THE GREATEST, ORUNMILLA is the only deity who witnessed it when allllllha/yahweh Eledumare/Chineke/Abasi/Uban'giji/Oghene (GOD) was bringing forth creation. ORUNMILLA is the force of nature that preside over all thing knowledge and wisdom thus The GOD of WISDOM and the custodian of the ancient IFA CORPUS (repository of all esoteric knowledge here and beyond this world).
oalandAgents2
Our great great grandfathers were more philosophical than all those European and Chinese figure our enslaved brothers and sisters have been so educated to mention so far.
QuietHammer
Can you blame them, well yes, I think we can, Why can't they think ?
PS: are you related to InvertedHammer ?
gwafaeziokwu
Ma niqqa
Sheunma
Orunmilla for sure, Rene Descartes; an honorable mention and whom I even feel more than those overrated Greek plagiarists and unreal prophet of doom from the semitic world.
lordskid
Ofcourse he is so right typing Orunmila, unlike them children of slaves here who continue to prove there's nothing their ancestors have that is teachable to the world, only to consume what they are fed, when in fact we got the real deal here, why are Europeans and Americans of today are eager to die for IFA studies (AFA in Igbo), learning all the countless philosophies and esoteric powers encoded in it. Traveling here with so much eager to to learn and acquire as many as possible, no matter how long it takes.
Flier
Do you have any idea the amount of scientific knowledge in the African believe system, tho not empirical but effective, science tells us about a fundamental force called gravity, measured and calibrated it based on an agreed upon value and constant, like they did all other spatial, vector, scalar and so called fundamental qualities but can modern come up with an effective and perfect means to defy defy gravity without any external device or machinery ? You alone can suspend an object in thing air with the right incantation, study the incantation deeply by breaking it down and you would realized how words are programmed to manipulate/control/command that same force scientists decide to call gravity, which is just a meager part of the real thing, where is the source of the incantation, Orunmilla as passed down through it disciples from precient times unknown to dated history everyone is used to.
Sunky200
Wa gba yi!!! Even if they don't know Orunmilla as bastardized by that miseducating nollywood and demonized by pro-Christian/Islam Nigeria, they could at least mention names of classical musicians from their respective tribes who sing music with deep philosophies and proverbs (popular or not), it's better than all those thieves they keep mentioning
Tetehjewels
Kudos to you brethren for typing in Pete Edochie! You are not a slave.
dotunbidemi
Preach to them, they all stole from Africa...
iyke926
To add to Bob Marley is Fela Kuti, Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka which they've all failed to mention, what do you expect from people who behave and think like only a slave would ?
FRESHG[/b]Ori e wa n be. ORUNMILLA surpasses all prophets, philosophers, wizard, scientists, mage, genius that would ever come to exist, his esoteric teachings alone is enough to solve various problem of the world, not to talk of all the divine powers he has access to.
[b]mcayomind

You are duly sighted! human.
7lives Fuqman
Thank you both for mentioning that, informing them slaves who love licking the the toes of the idol figures slammed on them by their Euro-arab slave masters.

As their parents who can't really be blamed has always worship, extol and acknowledge the figures of their European and Arab slave masters so does the list below shows the handles of [b]Nairaland members on this thread who reflect what they've been taught by their folks which further confirms as proof that majority of Africans are incapable of liberating their minds from mental slavery as the answers they have provided on this topic are the types only fake sons & daughters of Africa whose thought-process have been enslaved by all thing foreign can give (even if there were taught in western/Arabic school or not[/b]

SLAVES ACCORDING TO THEIR SERIAL NUMBER ON THIS THREAD
1. rentAcock (slave)
2. judgementyard (slave)
3. fedrick901 (slave)
4. judgementyard (slave)
5. Amuocha (slave)
6. msmon (slave)
7. starbuck (slave)
8. Drienzia (slave)
9. arantess (slave)
10. Muhylonaire (slave)
11. sammyj (slave)
12. wyqay (slave)
13. spacks (slave)
14. SEEDORF441 (slave)
15. Hedonisst (slave)
16. whitebeard (slave)
17. VAPatrick (slave)
18. olatex25 (slave)
19. Enosa1 (slave)
20. leyeakanji (slave)
21. Odunharry (slave)
22. dermmy (slave)
23. Jokerman (slave)
24. SouthSouth1914 (slave)
25. Ultimus (slave)
26. Dinirojones (slave)
27. aod1 (slave)
28. Garrieveryday (slave)
29. AreaFada2 (slave) where did all those Greco-roman philosophers you mentioned including those who taught them plagiarize there knowledge from ?
30. Scandinavian02 (slave) fool so it's until someone publishes their philosophy can he become a philosopher, I bet if you know what philosophy means in your dialect ?
31. rexel99 (slave)
32. jaxxy (slave how far na ?)
33. lastempero (slave)
34. Carlyboi (slave)
35. CanadaOrBust (slave)
36. Uzomavictor (slave)
37. fieryy (slave)
38. Justinba1997 (slave)
39. Austineva (slave)

*more slave names to be added to the list

So ná woman born this one
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by killsmith(f): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
y3mi:
You're the one who's constituting nuisance
further littering here after having to quote all my post again just to have my attention, you say metaphysics is a linguistic confusion, what then will you called religious texts as we have in the bible, do they actually make sensible meaning, that aside, what metaphysics may mean to you might, probably gibberish is theosophical to others as it is to me epistemologically, cosmologically and cosmogonically treated, noetically speaking.

What stopping you to go do your research (not online), in real life ofcourse. Your journey begins after you've learned how to spell the name correctly.
Go and sit down. You're suffering from ethnocentrism. Orunmila Nonsense. You talk about philosophy with a subjective, biased perspective. We should just buy this your Nonsense view on Or unilateral, just like that?

My friend, Go and lie down on a wooden bench.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by bizzibodi(m): 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
Sheunma:
Same mohammed who said God said alexander d great reached a place where the sun sets in a muddy pool?
U mean he said that jeezz!
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Olorunnim: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
Slavoy Zizek is my favourite.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Rossikk(m): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
Fuqman:
The Europeans or Greeks can go to hell. Everything they knew was copied from ancient Egyptians. They're not the father of this or the first in that. The great Imhoptep, whom Greeks equated with the demi-god of healing Asclepius and was even worshipped. His profound knowledge of impact was so great, it could not measured with anyone.

However, they're other great ancient Egyptians philosophers named.. Ptahhotep, and Amenhotep. 
Thank you. Don't mind these colonised people. Africa was the birthplace of Philosophy, yet all they know are white folks who stole ancient African thought and logical analysis, and called themselves 'philosophers'. Those 'philosophers' were persecuted in Greece and Europe for teaching what their authorities termed "foreign mysteries". Meaning AFRICAN mysteries. Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and other European 'philosophers' openly admitted they had acquired their knowledge in Egypt, and were taught by Egyptian masters. Egypt of course was a black African civilization prior to the latter invasion of Arabs and others.

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by bizzibodi(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
youngest85:
Abdru-shim
Is Abdru-shin a philosopher or a truth-bringer.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by dvalllis: 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
When talking of philosophers, the father of them all is Socrates who was Plato`s teacher.His works formed the basis of western civilization. Other great philosophers are Plato, Aristotle, Pythagoras etc of the earlier genre. In modern times, we can talk of E.Kant, Thomas Hobbes, Descartes, Karl Max etc.
These are philosophers of great repute whose inquiry into human existence has shaped many societies that come into contact with their works.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Rossikk(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
aaronson:

If not for Socrates, thier wouldn't be nothing like education this is why is he regarded as the wisest and most educated man that ever lived on earth.
You are a total idiot with zero common sense. I've no words for the utter rubbish you just typed. You're a raging symbol of colonial miseducation and brainwashing. Thank goodness the govt is reintroducing History as a subject in our schools.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by dvalllis: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Flier:
Dont mind them, they are just like wole Soyinka or Achebe they contribute nothing meaningful to the society unlike SCIENTISTS who did almost everything to make the world a better place
The bolded actually defines your poor state of mind

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rossikk:
Thank you. Don't mind these colonised people. Africa was the birthplace of Philosophy, yet all they know are white folks who stole ancient African thought and logical analysis, and called themselves 'philosophers'. Those 'philosophers' were persecuted in Greece and Europe for teaching what their authorities termed "foreign mysteries". Meaning AFRICAN mysteries. Plato and other European 'philosophers' openly admitted they had acquired their knowledge in Egypt, and were taught by Egyptian masters. Egypt of course was a black African civilization prior to the latter invasion of Arabs and others.

1) Egypt was not a "black African civilization" before Arab conquests anymore than the Ottomans are seen as a Caucasian civilization. It was a civilization of Berbers, Cushitic people, Nubians etc. If you're not trying to claim Israel, you're trying to claim Egypt, or the Moors etc. One day, your deep envy and insecurity will make you claim the Romans or Greeks were "black Africans".

2) Obviously, when talking about the greatest, most influential philosophers, this would be predicated heavily on the known body of work of the figures in question: of which the ancient Greeks far outstrip those before them. Which is why people talk more about Socrates or Plato or Aristotle as fathers of the modern Western intellectual tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by FRESHG(m): 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rossikk:
You are a total idiot with zero common sense. I've no words for the utter rubbish you just typed. You're a raging symbol of colonial miseducation and brainwashing. Thank goodness the govt is reintroducing History as a subject in our schools.
YOU THIS CONTROVERSIAL BEING. CAN YOU POINT OUT ANY INVENTION OR NOTABLE IDEA FROM YOUR SO CALLED ORUNMILA COMPARED TO SOCRATES. WE ALL AGREED THAT CIVILIZATION STARTED FROM AFRICA AND PTA-HOTEP WAS THE FIRST EVER PHILOSOPHER WHICH THE WESTERN WORLD FAILED TO ADMIT.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Caseless: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
Good
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by dvalllis: 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rossikk:

The guy is right you are the one who needs to get education and a sense of history. Go out there to any library in any of these fed universities and read about these philosophers and their contributions to human development. You will realize that your reaction to that post was an uneducated outburst
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Rossikk(m): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

1) Egypt was not a "black African civilization" before Arab conquests anymore than the Ottomans are seen as a Caucasian civilization. It was a civilization of Berbers, Cushitic people, Nubians etc. If you're not trying to claim Israel, you're trying to claim Egypt, or the Moors etc. One day, your deep envy and insecurity will make you claim the Romans or Greeks were "black Africans".

2) Obviously, when talking about the greatest, most influential philosophers, this would be predicated heavily on the known body of work of the figures in question: of which the ancient Greeks far outstrip those before them. Which is why people talk more about Socrates or Plato or Aristotle as fathers of the modern Western intellectual tradition.

White neo-Nazi goon, who asked you? We know where you stand on everything Africa. Get lost and stay lost, you lying devil. All those Greek 'philosophers' stated they learnt in Egypt and that the Egyptians were black skinned. I've posted their recorded quotes many times on this forum. Don't make me repost them.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by arantess: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
starbuck:

Yes oo, she was impregnated by the demon called orunmila
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Rossikk(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
dvalllis:

The guy is right you are the one who needs to get education and a sense of history. Go out there to any library in any of these fed universities and read about these philosophers and their contributions to human development. You will realize that your reaction to that post was an uneducated outburst
Colonised dullard, the dude said there would be nothing like education without Socrates, and you support that? How ignorant can you be? Who taught Socrates? Who taught Aristotle? Who taught Thale? Where did they learn "philosophy"? Certainly not in Greece which frowned on the "foreign mysteries" they were propagating, and jailed, exiled, and executed many of them. They travelled to, and learnt from black African masters in Egypt. And admitted so themselves. It's not even a secret. Go on Google and research. It's free.
Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by sammyj: 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
........ shocked cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin.........
starbuck:

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rossikk:

White neo-Nazi goon, who asked you? We know where you stand on everything Africa. Get lost and stay lost, you lying devil. All those Greek 'philosophers' stated they learnt in Egypt and that the Egyptians were black skinned. I've posted their recorded quotes many times on this forum.

What does "black-skinned" mean? grin Factory workers in my company used to call Lebanese and Indian men "oyinbo": a proxy for white people. It's just a comparative description differentiating them from locals. To a European centuries to millennia ago, I would imagine many people from present day Yemen or Saudi Arabia or Bangladesh or Brunei or India etc are "black-skinned".
"Black" in its modern socio-cultural usage is more commonly used to describe people of sub-saharan Bantu/Niger-Congo origin. A Berber is not "black" anymore than a Syrian man is a white man. Even Cushitic groups in the Horn of Africa reject the "black" appellation even though many of them have complexions little different from their Bantu neighbours.

It's a pet hate of mine hearing Afrocentrist deluded people appropriating Egyptian history. It might make sense if you're from Sudan or Nubian groups in the Sahel. It makes no sense when you have zero connection with Egyptian history. I'm Igbo. There is absolutely zero connection between Igbo culture/history with ancient Egypt. ZERO. So why on earth would I be claiming anything connected with Egypt? An English or German or French man might talk about links with ancient Rome seeing as their ancestors were conquered and heavily influenced by Roman culture. What is your connection with Egypt?

1 Like

Re: Who is The Greatest Philosopher Of All Time? by Rossikk(m): 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

What does "black-skinned" mean? grin Factory workers in my company used to call Lebanese and Indian men "oyinbo": a proxy for white people. It's just a comparative description differentiating them from locals. To a European centuries to millennia ago, I would imagine many people from present day Yemen or Saudi Arabia or Bangladesh or Brunei or India etc are "black-skinned".
"Black" in its modern socio-cultural usage is more commonly used to describe people of sub-saharan Bantu/Niger-Congo origin. A Berber is not "black" anymore than a Syrian man is a white man. Even Cushitic groups in the Horn of Africa reject the "black" appellation even though many of them have complexions little different from their Bantu neighbours.

It's a pet hate of mine hearing Afrocentrist deluded people appropriating Egyptian history. It might make sense if you're from Sudan or Nubian groups in the Sahel. It makes no sense when you have zero connection with Egyptian history. I'm Igbo. There is absolutely zero connection between Igbo culture/history with ancient Egypt. ZERO. So why on earth would I be claiming anything connected with Egypt? An English or German or French man might talk about links with ancient Rome seeing as their ancestors were conquered and heavily influenced by Roman culture. What is your connection with Egypt?
You are NOT Igbo. You are NOT a black African. You are a white guy who comes here to promote white supremacist garbage while pretending to be African. I know you. Get lost and stay lost. Oh, and "black skinned" means BLACK. Take your confusionist bullshiit and stick it up your stinky white butt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Uniben Best Graduating Student In Surgery Receives New Laptop And 100 Pounds / Bode Okundayo, UNIBEN Lecturer Accused Of Raping 400 Level Student In His Office / Students Representing Kano In A Quiz Die In Fatal Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.