Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? (20669 Views)

Ladies: How Do You React To A Guy (stranger) Who Pays Your Keke Fare? / When You Board A Danfo, Does This Annoy You? (PHOTO) / 7 Ways To Keep Your Properties Safe When You Board A Danfo Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Jaqenhghar: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ishilove:

The air staff themselves sometimes aid and abet this nonsense. The one time it happened to me, I was too ill and exhausted to argue so I quietly went to look for an empty seat. I had chosen a prime window seat in the middle row, but when I boarded, the air hostess said it's 'free seating' or whatever. I was so pissed
My anger is why not announce the free seating while Im buying the ticket or during check in

1 Like

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ishilove:

This is beautiful... Whenever I remember to take pictures it is always just clouds I capture grin.

Na Dubai you dey go? Na place below looks like Desert grin
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by agarawu23(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ishilove:

You are one of the problems of this country tongue grin
wink wink
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by GoldHorse(m): 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
I like u already "Uncle Demola". Exactly wetin I go do na hin be dat!
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by bigtt76(f): 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
I just love my windows seat cos I love to sleep all through the flight. From what I gathered in the tweet, it most likely was a free seating flight hence why the air hostess suggested him taking up any other available seat.

Why I won't like to be chanced like that, I don't support the guy's attitude of tryingg to be correct... It's not everyone that understands why someone would want windows seat or front seat.

I'm sure she asked before she took the seat. Let's not in the spirit of saying 'respect is earned' end up insulting our helper.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by bigtt76(f): 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Most times they get overbooked and change the aircraft for a bigger one at the last minute thereby invalidating previously selected seat numbers.

Jaqenhghar:

My anger is why not announce the free seating while Im buying the ticket or during check in
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Jaqenhghar: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
bigtt76:
Most times they get overbooked and change the aircraft for a bigger one at the last minute thereby invalidating previously selected seat numbers.

I see. Thanks for that.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Omonaijani: 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by 7Alexandre: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ishilove:

This is beautiful... Whenever I remember to take pictures it is always just clouds I capture grin.

If you want to capture beautiful pictures, then you have to wait until the Pilot announces that y’all need to get ready for landing...

Once the Plane drops down below 10,000 feet then you would be able to capture beautiful pictures...
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Majesticniyi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

Mr,if you don't know how to comprehend simple english,then go back to school.this is about a general case of assigned seat on boarding pass and not a one off you thought I was referring to.

I'm sorry sir.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Majesticniyi(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
agarawu23:
My first Time boarding a flight and I didn't knew there are seat numbers attached to your tickets. Well, I sat at any seat and I wasn't challenged and ofcus the plane was full. I tried that again cos I was still ignorant but one spoilt brat came with her sister challenging me that's his seat. He showed me his seat number and I looked at mine too and since then I learnt from the little guy. I always like the window seat so I still try it if my seat number isn't on the window and pretend to be sleeping before the owner comes grin

Sleep na, na slap I go take wake you grin cheesy
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by cooljoe(m): 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
Happened to me once. Me that I don't kuku like wahala, found a new seat beside one fine girl. Thank God nobody came to tell me it was their seat. P/s - nothing happened b/w d fine girl and I.

1 Like

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by xelly: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
Nig4Greatness:

This rarely happens except may be in Nigeria or the airlines are simply dumb.theres always another boarding pass from every landing and taking off from any airport.
The plane carried passengers from Lagos to Port and Owerri also was scheduled to carry passengers from Port and Owerri back to Lagos.
Seating arrangement was almost not used.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by xelly: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
7Alexandre:

I took the pictures using my iPhone 8 Plus...

Ok, it is nice.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Ubiudumo(m): 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
Tell them
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by johnaruson(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2019
This was our discussion today morning with a brother, like the window seats are oat cake, you must stand up for me if i need the seat before you toast my wife. By the way is there bomb in your seat? If not, go there.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by armadeo(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ishilove:
I don't know what I would have done if I were in the same position because I hate being a negative center of attraction (forget my jaguda online. Ayam a gentle porson grin), but I do know that I hate being pushed around. Some people just don't respect themselves.

I usually sit where I am assigned but if I ever get a window seat I will never let it go. I love window seats.

When I am doing connecting flights first check is the seats on all the flights. Usually I het 1 or 2 seats window.

If theres a spare window seat. After seat belts off I am diving for it.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Ishilove: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
armadeo:

I usually sit where I am assigned but if I ever get a window seat I will never let it go. I love window seats.

When I am doing connecting flights first check is the seats on all the flights. Usually I het 1 or 2 seats window.

If theres a spare window seat. After seat belts off I am diving for it.
The imagery... cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by ImaIma1(f): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
nairalee:
I have never understood why Nigerians like bringing age to any matter.

Whenever you have issue with any dull Nigerian and they run out of something reasonable to say they'll start saying "I no be your mate" Like wtf.

And some feel entitled to many privileges like collecting daily greeting from the entire neighborhood.

Who has age ever helped? Them dey use am collect money for bank?

They should go and ask Methuselah what he did wit all his age. If Methuselah were these Nigerians I'm sure he'll declare himself king of kings

It's really annoying. Someone will try to chance you because he or she is older. I don't take accept it. At that point, I become very official

1 Like

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by MizyB(f): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
7Alexandre:
The reason I enjoy staying by the Window Seat is because I enjoy taking a lot of pictures & documenting my travels...

That’s the reason why I wouldn’t mind paying in advance to reserve a Window Seat...
Wow! Just Wow!

The first picture is very nice
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by oluplus(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
AntiBrutus:
That one good sef.

What of me wey board flight e no gree start.

As in, engine was running but the pilot said it wasn't reflecting on those their plenty screen.

grin

I experienced this last week sunday with air peace. Plane couldn't lift. Pilot had to make a U-turn and said there was no enough power in the engine. They changed flight after 2 hours. I sha thank God because am still alive
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by TeeSha(m): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Mine was in a Marcopolo bus oh.
Aboki sat at my window sit. I politely told him the sit was mine....and he was like "come and pursue me na"
That was the first time I know that people who likes forming tough, can beg for the world when e red for them.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by SexyQueenbee: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rude
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by luminouz(m): 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
trapQ:
I have come to realize that only Nigerians (or other Africans) do this but hey, it's never that serious. If you're on an international flight with mostly foreigners this is very less likely to happen.

I usually just tell people politely that they're on my seat and they usually get up. One time I was returning back to Nigeria, a Nigerian had sat on my seat and I had politely mentioned it to him and he stood up.

Now on the connecting flight, the same thing happened and I was just fed up and didn't wanna tell the girl she was on my seat. So, I took another seat hoping that when the owner of this seat comes along I'll get up and probably try to find a seat that was unassigned to anyone.

Next thing this lady I had seen at the departure lounge comes, says hi, mistakenly drops her phone and I pick it for her. She then said, "thanks and for that I'll let you have my seat", I grinned and proceeded to explain that I was on hers because someone else had taken mine. We got talking and she happened to be the nicest person ever. She advised me on everything ranging from school, career path, to relationships and life in general. We spoke all through the duration of that flight which was about an hour 30mins.

This lady ended up giving $100 and I was so grateful. I didn't ask for it but she just gave me. She's been like a second mother to me. Infact she's been a very wonderful person. Let me just end it here.

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Garrieveryday: 8:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
I can't wait to enter plane in this my life o. Wetin sef? God I beg you, do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Garrieveryday: 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
oluplus:

I experienced this last week sunday with air peace from Lagos to Kaduna. Plane couldn't lift. Pilot had to make a U-turn and said there was no enough power in the engine. They changed flight after 2 hours. I sha thank God because am still alive

Lol. Boarding a plane invariably is like signing your death warrant.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by Garrieveryday: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
oluplus:

I experienced this last week sunday with air peace from Lagos to Kaduna. Plane couldn't lift. Pilot had to make a U-turn and said there was no enough power in the engine. They changed flight after 2 hours. I sha thank God because am still alive

Lol. Boarding a plane invariably is like signing your death warrant. You may come down alive or dead. Koko is you must still come down. Lol.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by alexola20(m): 12:01am On Jun 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by koolaid87: 2:35am On Jun 23, 2019
If it happened to me, I'd be polite. If the person proved difficult, then we make a scene

If you jeje accepted after the person spoke with vitriol, then you deserve the donkey of the year award.

Dont be shy to create scene in public, its your right
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by wonyi: 4:35am On Jun 23, 2019
Garrieveryday:
Lol. It happened to me too and I told the woman we are not going anywhere today. Guess where it happened? In Keke Napep.

Kikikikikikikikiikkkiiki. It happened to me on a bike.
Re: You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? by trapQ: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2019
I rebuke you in Jesus name.[quote author=luminouz post=79581068][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Dies And 14 Others Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Onitsha / FRSC Vehicle Loses Control, Kills Two, Injures Five In Bauchi / Four Dead In Crash Involving 21 Persons On Lagos-ibadan Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.