Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US (22007 Views)

Infinix Zero 5G: Infinix Releases Its First 5G Phone Into Nigerian Market / Itel Launches Ear Phones, Laptop, TV And A New Phone Into Nigerian Market / Don't Buy A Huawei Phone Until You've Seen This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Freebuzz: 8:11am On Jun 22, 2019

If you were planning to ship a Huawei phone to America, you might be in for a surprise. This week, writers at PC Magazine tried to ship a Huawei P30 from a UK office to a US one, and were surprised to find it sent back a few days later. Since the sender had identified the phone down to the IMEI number, it was clear from the beginning that box contained a Huawei phone, but the package was actually shipped all the way from London to Indianapolis — from the UK’s Parcelforce to its US partner FedEx — until a legal issue emerged and the shipment was returned to the UK. According to the attached notice, the problem was a “US government issue with Huawei and China government.”

This is totally ridiculous. Our UK writer tried to send us his @HuaweiMobile P30 unit so I could check something - not a new phone, our existing phone, already held by our company, just being sent between offices - and THIS happened @FedEx

Crucially, there wasn’t a specific law referenced; the company simply decided it would rather not take on the trouble of figuring out if this was kosher or not. Always thorough in the face of confusion, the PC Magazine folks checked with UPS, too, who said it would be happy to accept such a shipment. They checked with Huawei, too, who said it was a complete misinterpretation of the US orders.

It’s easy to see how FedEx could get confused. The past few months have seen a flurry of overlapping restrictions on Huawei, often for conflicting reasons. The company has been quietly blacklisted by US carriers for some time, but is now explicitly banned from US networks and from partnering with US tech companies. None of that explicitly bars a UK national shipping a duly purchased phone to the US. But as often happens when corporations enforce law, FedEx seems to be using company policy to stay as far away from the issue as possible.

The frustrating thing about this is that there isn’t any clear purpose to it. None of the executive orders against Huawei have been aimed at making it harder to ship phones into the US. With no US carrier supporting the company, it’s already hard to get a Huawei phone onto a US network, so an executive order closing that loophole wouldn’t be worth the trouble. And for most of the actions so far, the justification has either been avoiding network vulnerabilities (i.e. Huawei cell towers in US networks) or avoiding technology transfer (i.e. US technology in Huawei phones). But neither of those quite applies here.

As a result, the logic of blocking the shipment of an individual phone is hard to follow. If you did want to start selling Huawei phones in the US, shipping individual units would be a pretty bad way to do it. A trickle of non-retail phones is hardly a threat to America’s network integrity, and cutting them off has real negative consequences. If you’re an Android or web developer trying to see your programs run on one of Europe’s most popular phones, you’re simply out of luck.

SOURCE > https://freebuzz.com.ng/2019/06/22/fedex-refused-to-deliver-a-huawei-phone-into-the-us/
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by SendAbroad: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2019
Okay
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by wristbangle: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2019
Am just thinking of something, what if a foreigner enters USA and has a Huawei phone with him/her, will it because of this be denied entry or be asked to destroyed the phone?

Is it now stated in the terms and conditions that a Chinese phone can't be shipped into US? Wait, I think the Chinese too in a particular time ban import of iPhone, hope am right?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Freebuzz: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2019
Yea grin

wristbangle:
Am just thinking of something, what if a foreigner enters USA and has a Huawei phone with him/her, will it because of this be denied entry or be asked to destroyed the phone?

Is it now stated in the terms and conditions that a Chinese phone can't be shipped into US? Wait, I think the Chinese too in a particular time ban import of iPhone, hope am right?

1 Like

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Cletus77(m): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2019
Later they will say China is the problem..
Us has just resorted to childish stunts..

I hope China will still be allowing iPhone to show them that a trade war is not won by returning packages of Huawei

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by TheMoniker: 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
grin
But why was demon delivered to Buharig and his house hold?
Don’t look far for the Satan they do tell you in churches, Buharig is the satan and his followers are satanists.

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Chibuzoc(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
1 year don pass o, finally nairaland free to talk my mind. I was banned because I said I was a Biafran and I came out a hard-core Biafran.

CHUKWU OKIKE ABIAM bu uzo

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by NameChecker: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Imagine being deported for using Huawei Phone
These guys are taking this issue to far o
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Lamasta(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
They are both powerhouse in terms of economy so what's the fuss all about

1 Like

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by bigkahuna704(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
US and China sef
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by sammymama: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by CarGuideNG: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
Cletus77:
Later they will say China is the problem..
Us has just resorted to childish stunts..

I hope China will still be allowing iPhone to show them that a trade war is not won by returning packages of Huawei

Top five countries that use iPhone, China doesn't rank. Japan is number one.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Femston: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
Wetin Trump go cause ehnnn. Americans no go fit see am full o
They had better vote him out of that place next year

1 Like

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by datola: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
What's Nigeria's problem with two great countries.

USA should please be the big brother always known for.

Peace to the world!
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by nairalee(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
Nothing but overzealousness.

Two elephants are fighting and the plants are taking sides.

4 Likes

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Cletus77(m): 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Top five countries that use iPhone, China doesn't rank. Japan is number one.
Who told you the Chinese doesn't patronize Iphone?

Where is iPhone assembled?

2 Likes

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
Cletus77:

Who told you China doesn't patronize Iphone?

Where is iPhone assembled?

You don't understand English?

19 Likes

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by drakeli: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
That’s a country where everyone follows the law to the last letters.

7 Likes

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by qualityovenbake(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
Law.
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by seanwilliam(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
AMERICA might finally crippled huawei
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Cletus77(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

You don't understand English?

If you did..you wouldn't have quoted me at first

1 Like

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by DayoAyo701(f): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
If they refuse to deliver, send Xiaomi Redmi or OnePlus

2 Likes

Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Gulher: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
hope this doesn't result in World war 3

Are you broke? download jumia one app here and start earning money today when you buy N200 airtime or data and refer your friends https://one .jumia. com.ng/referrals/?invitedby=4ed8e82d-a54a-419f-8f07-2f14b84acada (remove the spaces)
Re: Fedex Refused To Deliver A Huawei Phone Into The US by Topmaike007(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Well I be Naija wetin consign me jaaare in as much their gadget dey enter Naija no problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SmartWatch Thread - Let's Discuss. / How A Bad Day With Your Blackberry Phone Looks Like / How Do You Cope With GLO Data Network Frustration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.