Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone (17801 Views)

HELP!! Can't Recover My Contacts From Gmail / Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by neonly: 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
dejolly:
Maybe it's virus! Always save on your gmail account

Same thing happened to me it wasn't funny I use gmail to save my contacts everything just disappear am left with 30% of NY contact I actually thought is dis Yahoo boys sha
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by neonly: 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2019
goodnija:
What kind of phone are you using- I know from experience it is android OS either a Techno or Infinix

I use HTC 10 nd it till happened to me too I don't think it abt type of phone
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
olafunny:
Hello guys,

Two days ago, i noticed some contacts are missing on my phone because I found out they are no longer saved, i only see the numbers on my WhatsApp chat list. This morning, it got worst. So i went to check my contact list and discovered that my contact that was over 300 is now 124 shocked. Please tech gurus, what could have caused that, and how can i get my contacts back? Some very important contacts to my life are missing.

NB: I saved my contacts in my google account

your own is deleting my own keeps duplicating every damn contact on my phone. If I delete the duplicates, the next day they come back in folds
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by Jamersirwin1971: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
For me I use InTouchApp to save numbers . Nothing goes anywhere . My contacts are safe
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by Karrisleo(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
I was having similar problems with mine too. But!
The reason is very simple. It's because you are login in your another email different from the one you login when you wanna store that particular number. Trace this very well and you gonna see you have changing your email all time. Try longing in your other email and you gonna see your contacts gonna appear again. Thank me later kiss
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by davillian(m): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
DayoAyo701:
Change your Password first, and Move all your Contact inside your Gmail Account... Go to Contact/Phone Book, you will see 3dot on top, You will see Import or Move. Move everything to Gmail Account. 100% safe there
Exactly what I wanted to say
Some one is trying to clear a phone with her gmail logged on it.
So if she adds number it gets added on both phones
And if the other person deletes number it deletes from both phones .
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by olafunny(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
ddjay:

Oga why you no wan tell us the brand of the phone
It's tecno camon 11

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by ruudboie(m): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Meanwhile your deleted contacts wil still be available for 30days on gmail.
Just go to restore my contacts from gmail.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by Morcash01(m): 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
Its a simple case, just make sure you save on Gmail always, go to Gmail.Com/contacts and export your contacts to your phone memory, download Google contacts from play store then import the contacts to your Google contact apps, its saver there. Then replace the default contact with the Google contacts app. You wont experienve thesame with Future contacts, had thesame issue some months ago on S7 edge.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by ejemamaka: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
ok nah
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by gentlemayor(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
I have the same issue with my phone but mine is music. I noticed some music is no longer there and when I download again, it disappeared.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by Olajah81: 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Village pple at work
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by Ay04z(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Always use truecaller.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by MartinsD12(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
olafunny:
Hello guys,

Two days ago, i noticed some contacts are missing on my phone because I found out they are no longer saved, i only see the numbers on my WhatsApp chat list. This morning, it got worst. So i went to check my contact list and discovered that my contact that was over 300 is now 124 shocked. Please tech gurus, what could have caused that, and how can i get my contacts back? Some very important contacts to my life are missing.

Tecno phones always do that, tecno l8 plus even camon x does that
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by mechanics(m): 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Update your phone.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by Blesstolu(m): 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
My dear,
You don't need to be scared or worried.
Every frenemies in your lives have gone.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by Ejanla07: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
Maybe you sold urr old phone without logging out ur Google account...

Log into your Gmail find a way to log it off from any device or devices you don't recognise
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by naturefellow(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Someone is accessing your Google account through another device.

This happened to a friend when her second phone was stolen. The thief deleted some contacts and backed it up
This the right answer to your question OP
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by SexyQueenbee: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
Wish I have an answer
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by geronimoedeh1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
olafunny:
Hello guys,

You probably logged into some other phone temporary with your gmail which automatically uploaded your contacts to the phone and later you didn't log out and now the other person is now deleting those numbers off the phones because its not his and so its reflecting on your phone. That was what happened to me until i called the person and asked him to stop deleting those numbers and log my gmail out.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by united442(m): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
o.p if you are still reading and haven't recover your contact yet, go and download GT recovery app on google or play and recover "ALL" your contact without one missing and even recover the ones deleted right from the phone product factory and leave all this account backup bla bla bla shit people are saying..all those are medicine after death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by okewujude(m): 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
trowe am go buy anoda 1 fon no cos
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by hardebaur(m): 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
freemanbubble:
Okay

Last Last you sha no reply your whatapp message sha#Weldone Sir
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by chreb: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2019
don't think too far joor, maybe it's just ur spouse deleting suspicious numbers from ur phone ☺ ☺
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by felixawe(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2019
Its a bug...ur phone may be lagging. Reset or buy a new phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by MalbakOscar(m): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
Adewale1603:
What do you expect, when you're using shifinix and tech NO

Comments like this usually comes from those of you who have managed to save up and buy iPhone 6 or maybe Samsung J5. Don't be condescending simply because you can afford a different brand.
Profer a solution to the problem.
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by SortOut: 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
Check your Sync settings. Settings > Accounts> turn on syn on all apps
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by islandmoon: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
must Gmail have my contacts?
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by olafunny(m): 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
chreb:
don't think too far joor, maybe it's just ur spouse deleting suspicious numbers from ur phone ☺ ☺
grin grin
Re: Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone by felix55(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
just delete the true caller u are using and u will be cos the deleted contact is in ur true caller app

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... / Whats The Worst Phone You’ Ve Ever Used ? [ / Enjoy 1GB Free Data To Browse All Night With 9mobile #morecliq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.