Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:43 PM

Lecturers / Teachers In The House - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lecturers / Teachers In The House (3435 Views)

Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Nigeria University Lecturers' Salaries: How Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturers / Teachers In The House by cLecturer: 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
I just thought to open this thread for all the lecturers / teachers in the house. The day i registered on this wonderfull forum, i was amazed at the number of people before me using "lecturer" or related word as username. It got me thinking and i decided we could just come together on a forum and share ideas, discuss issues and maybe just catch up on all things.

AM more interested in work issues. Better ways of doing things or managing stress and issues at school. Experiences and solutions that can guide others and likewise.
And lets make it a little bit fun too.

The Floor is open.

Ideas on makind this tread better are welcome too.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by DisGuy: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2010
Why do lecturers sell their notes to students- Any convincing arguments why a lecturer paid to teach student sell notes to students?

why nigerian universities dirty?
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Taich(m): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2011
Is a wonderful experience been a lecturer. it gives you the opportunity to increase your knowledge while working.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Taich(m): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
@Dis Guy. same reason why Police men collect brides on the way. But that is not good, we are corrupt and until we do away with corruption our country can not move forward. look at all the sectors not only in Education there is corruption. the question is '' are we going to continue like this and expect miracle to happened'' NO. we must change our ways individually before our Nation can move forward. long live Nigeria and her education section.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by jackpot(f): 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
Finally! Where my fellow Maths Teachers at? Rare species. . . cool
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Maisuya1: 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
This is fee dee fee, How can u kwapy d name of my thread and put it on an outdated thread, How can I affeal this issue on NL,

This is the original thread,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-757279.0.html

Wallahi MOD do something b4 I vex,
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by sylve11: 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
jackpot:

Finally! Where my fellow Maths Teachers at? Rare species. . . cool

keep quiet! u knw nothin my friend, grin grin cool
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Samunosuke(m): 1:30am On Sep 30, 2011
Just want to know (on average) how much lecturers earn.In particular,a Professor who has been H.O.D. and Dean of Engineering.Thanks all.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 30, 2011
Hmmmm, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ bettA shoW demselves
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by moremi2008(m): 3:09am On Sep 30, 2011
Why do lecturers like harassing young girls?
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by iice(f): 4:14am On Sep 30, 2011
How many of you actually know what you're teaching or even know how to teach?

Taich:

@Dis Guy. same reason why Police men collect brides on the way. But that is not good, we are corrupt and until we do away with corruption our country can not move forward. look at all the sectors not only in Education there is corruption. the question is '' are we going to continue like this and expect miracle to happened'' NO. we must change our ways individually before our Nation can move forward. long live Nigeria and her education section.
Problem with humans. . .must always try to validate their actions.
But yes you're right, individual ways have to change
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by jackpot(f): 6:01am On Sep 30, 2011
Samunosuke:

Just want to know (on average) how much lecturers earn.In particular,a Professor who has been H.O.D. and Dean of Engineering.Thanks all.
sorry, but are you targetting a Prof to kidnap?
How much to demand as a ransom? undecided
moremi2008:

Why do lecturers like harassing young girls?
because they dress harassingly. tongue
Next!
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by luzoma: 7:24am On Sep 30, 2011
Visit Academia section on the social site on my signature below.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by DrEkehL(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2011
i sale handouts b/c it took me time to put together and it help to reduce infinitude demands
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Obinoscopy(m): 8:28am On Sep 30, 2011
Why do our academic system encourage cramming?

I observe that its only those who're expert at cramming that come out with top grades (the only exceptions are students form Engineering and Physical Sciences). After 5 years they tend to forget all what they've been taught in School.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by MrWhy1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Jackpot

because they dress harassingly. Tongue
Next!

Is that a justification and the best you can offer?

Besides, is there a word called "harrassingly" Mr Lecturer?

1 Like

Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by MrWhy1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Dr. Ekeh

i sale handouts b/c it took me time to put together and it help to reduce infinitude demands

It "help".
'b/c"

Use complete words instead of abbreviations. These are the kinds of Lecturers we got advertising Admission scheme. This is one of the reasons our educational system is very unproductive.

You just sound like one of those who are in the system for the money and not the passion of imparting knowledge to the students. I wonder how you got your 'PHD' title Dr.Lecturer.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by deols(f): 7:38pm On Sep 30, 2011
Mr--Why:

Use complete words instead of abbreviations. These are the kinds of Lecturers we got advertising Admission scheme. This is one of the reasons our educational system is very unproductive.

You just sound like one of those who are in the system for the money and not the passion of imparting knowledge to the students. I wonder how you got your 'PHD' title Dr.Lecturer.

u might just av sent others away by those comments grin grin
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by jackpot(f): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Jackpot

Is that a justification and the best you can offer?

Besides, is there a word called "harrassingly" Mr Lecturer?
harassingly is what I wrote and yes it's an English word. Why are you getting silly erections easily? tongue
Come on guy, which planet do you come from? undecided
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Profkenny1(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
This would be a very good forum for those of us in the academia. Academia outside Nigeria is very rewarding both career-wise and financially.I'm presently outside the country on a research work in my field(Petrochemicals). There are a lot of academic Nigerians in diaspora, meeting with them is a thing of joy to me.By God's grace,I'm NOT returning to Nigeria to lecture again cos the country is messed up.Outside Nigeria,there is room for development and acquiring skills and knowledge in new softwares used in my field.
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Akassir(m): 9:15am On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Lecturers / Teachers In The House by Samunosuke(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2011
jackpot:

sorry, but are you targetting a Prof to kidnap?
How much to demand as a ransom?

Lol :-) Kidnap? Ransom? If i had that kinda mind,i'll stand on the road with an Ak47. I just wanted an idea of how much they earned.

(1) (Reply)

Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Meanings / How To Start A Business In Kigali Rwanda And Expand To Five Other EAC Countries / Free Business, Trading And Investment Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.