Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

In - Between ( A Fictional Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In - Between ( A Fictional Story) (21115 Views)

The Truth (A Fictional Tale) / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 2:39am On Jul 05, 2019
Well done OP

Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 2:39am On Jul 05, 2019
Well done OP

Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Adeola25(f): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2019
Thanks for the update. please continue.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Copyright 2019 seriezbymo

I was speechless, I didn't know what to do. If i should keep mute or say yes, because indeed I was a virgin.

He stared at me stunned for few seconds, he asked again in a low tone.
" Lola, I just asked you a question, are you still a virgin ? I managed to look at him in the face, I realised a serious expression was spread over his face. To save the drama, in a voice so low, I murmured

" OK ............yes I am. "
He mumbled. " And you put me in this mood ? "

Looking quite confused, I said slowly.

" what do you mean put you in the mood ? I never stopped you, but you did voluntarily. "
He leaned his back against the headboard of the bed, looking thoughtful for several minutes, he didn't utter a word. Suddenly he put on his cloth and climbed down the bed, then he seated himself on one of the couch.
Instantly, my heart was pounding really fast.
" Am I a taboo to him or what ? " I thought.
A little while, I wore my night wear and after putting myself together, I joined him on the couch.
" Dapo, I didn't stop you from doing what you wanted, but you voluntarily did, besides am kind of lost here, can you just talk to me."
He turned to me observing me very carefully, still he didn't say a word.
After a while of persuading, I got pissed off, then I snapped at him.
" If only I haven't taken money from you, and that's the only reason I feel indebted to you. If not, I won't be doing all these. "
His expressions changed as he appeared shocked by my reaction.
Angrily I spoke.
" Gosh, you make it look like am begging you to get me laid. "
Then I walked away and sat at the edge of the bed.
A little while, he came to sit next to me. Sounding very remorseful.
" Lola, am sorry, first off I was kind of shocked to see a matured lady who isn't experienced coming for a trip like this. "

" Besides l..... am ......a public figure and we are vulnerable to blackmails. Anybody might want to blackmail for money and they come through anybody just to do that . "

I paid a close attention to him, as he continued.

" Before you know it, different tabloids and blogs would have your allegations all over their pages.
So I was only trying to be careful. But.........am sorry about my attitude. "

I nodded swiftly.
He pulled me to himself and held me close for a moment, he held my face in his two hands and kissed me gently and then passionately.
Suddenly, he stopped, looking quite uncertain, then he murmured.
" I think we should catch some sleep. "
" sleep ? " I asked
" Lola, you made a statement that you were indebted to me, I don't want you to see it that way, in fact, let's forget about the deal, the money and everything.
" Are you sure ? I asked curiously.

" Lola, am only trying to be sensitive to your feelings. firstly, you won't tell me that your virginity doesn't mean something to you.
Secondly, there is a possibility of soft feeling, if we end up making love, Am not married though, but am already engaged, and I wouldn't want to hurt you. "

His personality really touched me, that moment, I felt very bad, because I realised that, have had a wrong impression of him before then.

The next morning, we were both set to vacate the suite.
" Lola, in couple of days i would be leaving for the U.S to see my fiancee. " he said.
" l want to believe that i have not hurt you in anyway. "
I shook my head.

He brought out his wallet, and gave me five hundred dollars.
" Just buy yourself something that you like. "
I smiled coyly and collected the money.
" Thank you. " i said
Then, we both vacated the suite.

To be cont'd

Excerpts from more of the story.

Tutu dashed into the bathroom while I was taking my bath, I was stunned, then quickly I reached for my towel to cover up. While I snapped angrily at her.

" Jeeeeez ! Tutu shouldn't you have knocked ? "
Ignoring my anger. She held my phone staring at me suspiciously.
I stared back questioningly. " What ?
Tutu plunged on " Lola, there is something you are not telling me and am suspecting that you are hiding a lot from me. "
" How do you mean ? " I replied.
She raised my phone with her hands.
" Dapo-Davies just sent you a message, you told me this guy made it point clear to you, that he is already engaged. "
" Exactly. " I responded
" So how do you explain this message ? "
Tutu read out - " Am back to Nigeria.
" I gat goodies for you.
" Missed you so much.
Tutu stared at me questioningly, while I stared back obviously confused.

To be cont'd

7 Likes

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 6:04am On Jul 06, 2019
I'm moving this

Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Nwiboko26(f): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
Nice story u got here
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
Nwiboko26:
Nice story u got here

Thank you.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2019

Once I was back at the apartment, after Dapo Davies and I left the suite. I couldn't find Tutu anywhere around the house, I knew she had gone for her morning exercise.
I lay on the sofa propped up against the throw pillows. As I lay, I fell into deep thought. The thought of all that had happened in the past two weeks, how Tutu and I met Dapo Davies, my journey down home for my mum' s surgery and all that went down between Dapo and I.
All these thought settled on me, as I drifted away in reflection. About twenty minutes later, Tutu came in and she was surprised to see me.
" Lola ! " she exclaimed
" I wasn't expecting you so soon. "
Eagerly, she dragged a chair. sitting very close to me, she realised a moody expression on my face.

Speaking very softly. " Are you okay ? " she asked I nodded without speaking.
She paused for a while observing me before speaking again.
" Lola, you don't look bright. Are you sored ? I could help you with some hot water. "

In a very low tone I responded. " Tutu, am not sored, as a matter of fact, nothing happened between Dapo Davies and I. "

A concerned expression settled on Tutu's face.
" Wait a minute, did he go for another business meeting again ? "
" Of course not, we were together all through the night. "
She cut in. "And through out the night, you mean nothing happened between you two ? "
Tutu could be very inquisitive.
" Tell me nowwwww.........." She urged.
"Ok...........we made out..........almost made love, but trust me nothing happened. "

" Why, what happened, something went wrong ? "
She questioned me, itching to hear everything that went down.
At that point, I just thought that I shouldn't let out too many things about myself. Suddenly I sat upright, my mouth twitched with laughter.

" Tutu must I tell you everything ? " I asked jokingly
" Lola please nowwwww........... " she pressed curiously.

" Ok. "
I cleared my throat. " What do you want to know ? "
" You said you guys made out, but there was no sex..................why ? "

I shrugged slightly.
" I was also surprised when the whole thing happened, we were almost getting down, suddenly he stopped and said he didn't want to hurt me. "

Looking confused Tutu asked. " He didn't want to hurt you, ? What does he mean by that ? "

" I wouldn't know, all I know is that he made it point clear to me that he is already engaged to someone, and he just finds it pretty difficult to get involved with me . "

Tutu interjected
" Does it mean that he was already developing feelings for you ? "

Dismissing her thought.
" Tutu, Dapo-Davies never mentioned that to me, both of us only had a deal which we have finalised. So speculating if he has feelings for me or not would only make me look desperate to have him. He stated it point clear that he is already engaged, and you know what that means. "
Tutu nodded admittedly
" Lest i forget, he gave me five hundred dollars. "

Tutu was astonished.
" Five hundred dollars !.............. that's close to two hundred thousand naira, Na wa o. Is like this Dapo-Davies doesn't spend naira at all. "
She continued.
" But to be candid Lola, how do you see this guy? Like he is some how generous. " Tutu asked.

" Sincerely, I think he is a very nice person and very considerate too, though he is not very friendly, and I think most people are likely to mistake that as being proud. Just as you and I did ealier , but............personally I don't think he is proud. "

She focused her eyes steadily on me, as if she wanted to hear more about him.
Pushing the topic aside,
" Please Tutu, enough of Dapo-Davies, let's forget about him. Am thinking of going home to see my mum. "

Hastily she asked. " Any problem ? "

" Not at all, I just thought I didn't spend enough time with her after the surgery, remember I travelled back unplanned. Moreover, Marian needs to resume back to school. "

Tutu nodded.
" I think that's necessary, so when do you plan leaving ? "
" Couple of days. "
"That's okay. " she said .

Suddenly, a little sad look crossed her face.
"Lola am very hungry, but right now am just too tired to cook. "

" Don't worry, let me change my cloth, i'll prepare something for breakfast. "
She gave a wide grin while I walked into the bedroom.

To be cont'd.

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
Copyright 2019 seriezbymo.

After about three hours on the road, I glanced at my watch. inwardly I mentioned to myself that I still have about one hour to get to my destination. Of course in my usual way, I wanted to take every one by surprise so I didn't inform anyone about my trip.

Shortly a call came in on my phone, and the caller was Lucy. I met Lucy during one of the job interviews that i went for sometimes before then.

I quickly picked her call. " Hello Lucy ! "
" Lola good morning ! Have been trying to reach you. "
" Any problem ? " I asked.
" I was worried, i haven't seen you anywhere around. "
" Around where ? " Sounding quite confused.
" Didn't you get any message in regards to the second phase of our interview ? "
" I didn't get any message . "
" But, I got a message, in fact I wasn't prepared. I was just going through my e-mail box this morning when I saw the message. I had to rush down here."

My heart began to pounder really fast.
" Lucy, give me some minutes, let me check through my e-mail box. " then I disconnected the call.
Going through my e-mail box, I was shocked to see that same message had also been sent to me.

Immediately , I became devastated. I checked my watch and quickly calculated how long it would take me to go back to Abuja, the time was about 11.05 am.
" Another 3 hours back. " I murmured.

As if one of the passengers read my mind, she informed the driver.
"Driver i will drop at farm zone junction. " she said.

I didn't know where the place was, but I knew the place would definitely be closer.

About Five minutes after, the driver parked while she got down. I also alighted then the driver drove off.
I looked around the area, it was very remote. I quickly approached her.
" Please ma can i get a car going to Abuja from here ? "

Looking very concerned she asked. " You want to go back to Abuja ? "

" Yes........it's urgent ." I replied.
" Ehnnnn........ we use to get Abuja car from here, but most times they are private cars. If you stand there, "
pointing to a particular direction. " You can be lucky enough to quickly get one. "

" Thank you ma. " I said as she made her way to a big shade. I could see the display of so many farm produce like tubers of yam, palm oil, cassava flour and others which were also displayed at other shades around.

After a while of waiting, the woman made gesture to me to come and sit down by the shade, to avoid the blistering sun.

Shortly, a luxury Jeep parked very close, but it wasn't going towards my direction. The driver came down, opened the bonnet and got busy.

In few seconds, a man alighted from the backseat of the Jeep, he was above average height, he has cool grey beards that were neatly shaved and was looking well lettered.

I guess he wanted to stretch his legs. The woman quickly greeted him while he waved briefly at her.

The woman turned to me speaking very loudly.
" Aunty, assuming this jeep is heading to Abuja now, we would have just begged them to help you. "

The man glanced at me very briefly before speaking.
" Are you going to Abuja ? "
" Yes sir . "
"Do you stay around or something ? " he asked.
I shook my head.
" No sir. "
From his questions obviously he wanted to know why i was there . I got to my feet, moved closer to him and explained to him the emergency concerning the job interview. Why I had to drop by and find my way back to Abuja.

He checked his watch.
" But even if you get a car going to Abuja now,considering the hours before getting there , Do you think there is a way you can meet up with the job interview ?

Looking distressed, I spoke in a voice quavered with emotions.
" I thought about that, but I just want to make attempt, even if I get there later in the afternoon, at least I would appear at the venue. "

The man observed me very closely, suddenly with a very commanding tone, he called his driver.
" Ahmed, get me my notepad in the car "
The driver quickly did as he said.

To be cont'd.

2 Likes

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Welcome back OP
I've really missed this story
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
Thank you.

wish I can update often but my job doesn't permit me to do that, pardon my inconsistency.

Ann2012:
Welcome back OP
I've really missed this story

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2019

He brought out a pen and quickly wrote a note. he gestured to me.
" Have this , there is a company called PYRAMIDS at Garki, try to locate it, go there by................thursday in the morning. when you get there, request that you want to see the MD, you just give him this note, tell him you were directed by Captain Wole Coker. And that's my name.

I listened to him with close attention as he spoke with an eloquent diction.
I moved closer, then I collected the note.
" Alright sir. "
" What should I call you ? " he asked.
" My name is Lola Philips. "
He nodded as he attempted to leave, his driver quickly rushed to open the door for him, he turned back to me and said.
" Don't forget to go with your CV ".

" I will sir "
He got into the car, then the driver drove off. I was astounded as I stared at the note in my hands.
Without changing my mind, I still travelled back to Abuja but, unfortunately I couldn't meet up with the office working hours.

The next morning, I was seated in the living room flipping through my CV. My mind still lingering on the previous interview that I couldn't meet up with.

Holding a cup of tea, Tutu sat next to me.
" Lola, you don't have to keep brooding over this missed interview . "
" Tutu, it was all my fault. " I snapped
" Lola, it wasn't your fault, it was only a coincident, listen to me Lola. " she dropped her cup.

" So many things happens in life for a reason. Ok,.........think of it this way, if you had seen that message earlier and gone for the interview, you wouldn't have met this captain Wole Coker.Lola you lost an opportunity, and the same day you got another opportunity." I stared in silence.

I was moved by her words.
" But, what's the assurance that I'll get a job from this man ? Sounding very remorseful.

She interrupted.
" Lola trust me, my instinct tells me that this Captain has something even better to offer you. "
I sighed deeply.
She continued.
" Tomorrow is Thursday, he had told you to go with your CV, apparently an interview might come up, why not prepare yourself and leave the past behind. "

Suddenly, my spirit got lifted by Tutu's words, without wasting time, i took my pen and paper then got busy.

The next morning, I sat patiently at the reception. After a quick phone call, the receptionist informed me. " Someone would attend to you shortly. "

In few minutes, a light skin lady walked down from the staircase, she was looking very smart in a well fitted office dress.
She stopped by the desk while the receptionist directed her to me.
She swung around and approached me.
" Good morning ! "
" Good morning ! " I replied.
" You are here to see the MD. "
" Yes. "
" Do you have an appointment with him ? " she pointed out.
" I do. "
" Please come with me. "

Once we arrived at her office.
" Take your seat please. " pointing to a chair, while she settled behind her desk.

" The MD is not around yet , but is he aware that you would be coming around this morning ? Because he doesn't visit the company often . "
" Yes, he should be aware. "

About thirty minutes later, the lady who was quite busy on a microcomputer, swung around on her chair to answer the shrilling telephone. After the phone conversation, she rose to her feet and as she walked towards the door, she spoke.

" Our boss is now around, what is your name please ? "
" Lola Philips. "
she left the office, and shut the door behind her.
A while later, she was back.
" Please come with me. " she beckoned.
I rose to my feet and followed her.

We climbed the staircase to the next floor and walked through the hallway. The passage was chilly due to the AC. Almost at the end of the passage,she paused and opened the door to an office, then she ushered me in.

The moment I got in, I stood still, seeing the man seated on the tall swivel chair. He focused intensely on the documents before him without raising his head.

I was thunderstruck, I looked from the lady standing beside me, to the man and back to the lady.

Much to my shock, the man seated on the chair was the same man who gave me the note and directed me to the company.

To be cont'd

2 Likes

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by aprilwise(m): 5:17am On Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for the update. Lola don get job.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 7:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Fentasy:
Thank you.

wish I can update often but my job doesn't permit me to do that, pardon my inconsistency.

No problem, as long as you're still dropping updates, I'm definitely gonna follow up smiley
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:21am On Aug 31, 2019

The lady was apparently confused about my reaction, she leaned towards me and asked very quietly.
" Are you okay ? "

I whispered to her.
" Please who is he ? "
" that's our MD, Captain Wole Coker. "

I stared blankly at her, at that point it was crystal clear to me that the man had only directed me to himself. All this while, he was still focused on his table. Then I quickly collected myself.

The lady drew his attention.
" Sir she is here. "
Briefly he looked up, without speaking he signaled to me to take a seat. While the lady left the office.

" Good morning sir. " I greeted as I took the seat facing him.
" Morning. " he replied.
After about ten minutes, he finally gave his attention.
" You finally found your way here. "
" Yes I did. " Expecting him to make a reference to the little prank he played me, but he never made a mention of it, rather his look was very stern.
" Your CV please. " he requested.
I quickly brought them out and placed them before him.

After going through them, he went on.
" You studied biochemistry ? "
" Yes sir. "
He continued. " This is a telecom company, an engineering field, but regardless, I believed that every competent graduate should have good managerial skills.
He paused for a while before going further.

"I will give you an assignment,or let me say a project but first, you need some knowledge. Though my PR manager had gone on a contract, but i ' ll assign someone on his behalf to enlighten you on the vital things you need to know about the company. Afterwards, you will go and put into writing for me whatever business strategy/ideas that you can come up with, something that can add value to the company............ I want to see your performance. "

" Ok sir. " I nodded .
He swung his chair and made a phone call.
" Report here please. " He muttered on the phone.
He passed my CV to me and continued again.
" You can take your time, but ensure to perform very well in the assignment, because that's the key that ' ll retain you. From tomorrow, you ' ll report here, but rightnow you 'll be taken to your office."

His statement sounded unbelievable, and it took all my self-control not to jump for joy.

In few minutes, the lady who attended to me earlier came in.
" You called me sir. " she said.
The MD briefly instructed her, after which I stood up and followed her.

The office looked so roomy and the setting was perfectly my taste. I couldn't have asked for more.

Few minutes later, we proceeded to her office. I took the chair facing her. she smiled up at me then began.
" My name is Tonia Obi.
" I am Lola Philips. "
We communicated amiably and she was quite welcoming.
My resumption was supposed to commence the next day, inspite of that, I wasn't in a hurry to leave the office.

Tutu was so delighted about the news, she couldn't help but talk about it for the rest of the evening.

At 8.15am, I was already at the office tiding up. In no time, I proceeded to Tonia' s office and we got down to business. she enlightened me on all that I needed to know.

After about one hour of the business lecture, I grew more confidence, because I was so sure that I would perform excellently well.
All thanks to the couple of entrepreneurship courses that we were mandated to take in my final year at the uni.
It had eventually made me relevant in another field. I thought out.

Suddenly, the door was opened. A guy and a lady came in, they exchanged pleasantries with me, the guy dropped some documents and left . while the lady chatted for a while before stepping out.

After shutting the door behind her, Tonia uttered a hiss.
" mteeeeeewww........... ' then she began to murmur.
Apparently I was baffled.
" What is it ? " I asked.
Tonia ran along with me really fast, just like she had known me for years, she paused before she finally spoke.

" That lady annoys me, actually she was employed only couple of months ago as the accountant. At any given opportunity, she is always asking me when the M.D would be around mteeeeeewwww........ "
She hissed again.

" But, there is nothing wrong in a staff asking when the M.D would come around. " I replied.

" Yeeeess...... But see how she is dressed, exposing all her cleavage. Trust me, that lady is simply desperate to have that man's attention.

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2019

Immediately, I felt uncomfortable with the topic, considering the fact that I was just too new in the company .

I didn't dismiss her immediately, so that she won't feel ignored. Rather I teased her jokingly.

" You could be wrong though. " I said.
But she protested.

" Lola, it takes a thief to catch a thief, may be I should just confess to you right now that I have also tried doing same thing. "

I was shocked by her confession, but i pretended.
She adjusted on the chair and went on.

" Lola, this is my fifth year in this company working with Captain Wole Coker, I have tried severally for years to gain attention from him, but It all failed, that man is extremely disciplined. He doesn't give a shit about whatever cleavage you show him. "

I couldn't help but chuckled. " That's crazy. "
I mumbled.

" But you can't blame me, any sane lady would find that man attractive. Gosh ! He's such a clean man.

I cleared my throat.
" That reminds me, why is he being addressed as a captain ?

" I learnt he was a flight captain before he retired.

" Really."
She nodded.

" I haven't seen him today. " I said.
"The M.D doesn't come around often, atimes every one to two weeks. "

" I see..................okay let me get down to work, I 'll be in my office. "
I rose to my feet and left her office.

To be cont'd.

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 3:23pm On Aug 31, 2019
Thank God for the new work
Well done OP
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2019
Copyright 2019 seriezbymo.

A period of three weeks has passed since I was employed, and it was a thursday morning. Right at the M.D's office, i sat before the M.D , the PRM and the project manager.

The three men listened carefully to me as I delivered my first project as assigned to me by the M.D. I broke into details everything that I have put together.

After I rounded up, there was a startled silence.
The M.D turned to the PRM.

" Mr Charles, what's your opinion ? "

" Brilliant project ! " he replied

He turned to the Project manager.

Nodding approvingly." I think they are great ideas. "

The M.D began. " Miss Lola Philips, I must say your write up is impressive. " He paused

" And as we all know that planning is key to success, therefore we need to take our time to do a better planning on this for a perfect result. I hope to see more of this from you. "

" Thank you sir ! "
" You can go to your office please. " the M.D said.
I rose, leaving the three in the conference room.

Later in the day, i sat in my office still elated about the good remarks on my first project in the company.
The door was opened and Tonia strolled in.

" Hi Lola, you didn't go for lunch ? "
"No, I was quite busy. "

She settled on the chair, staring at me admiringly.

" Lola I so much love this wig you are wearing. "

" Wow ! Thank you. "

She sighed heavily and muttered.
" God I can't wait for next week to get my salary. "

" Sound like you are flat broke already ? " I asked

She prattled like a child. " Yeeees........I am. "
I smiled up at her.

She stood up and moved closer to me using her fingers to feel the texture of my wig. Apparently she really loved it. Then I suggested.

" A big sister friend of mine ( Aunty Ella ) sells it in her store, if you really love to get one, I can refer you to her . "

" Definitely I ' ll love to buy one. "

" No problem, when you are ready just tell me. "

" Thanks ! " she nodded.

At the first week of the month, just like every other staffs, I received my salary. The company credited my account with A hundred and twenty thousand Naira, that was a good start for me, at least it could take care of most of my bills. Knowing that I wasn't a lavish spender.

All those while, I haven't broken the news of my new job to my mum, somehow i was still living in doubt of it, not until that moment I got my first salary.
I couldn't wait to call her , because i already have loads of gist for her. How I embarked on a trip home, the emergency interview, meeting Captain Coker and lot more.

I quickly gave her a ring. I could imagine her joy, apparently reflecting in her voice, she sounded so bright. After about thirty minutes of conversation, i was almost left with nothing to say. We wrapped up our conversation, then I hung up.

A business symposium was fixed for the morning, and few staffs from other branches were already seated at the conference room waiting for the M.D.

After a while of waiting, the assistant director came in company with Marvin.
There was a startled silence as he stood before the staffs to address us.

He passed a message that the M.D had an emergency meeting to attend, which means he won't be able to come around,thereby postponing our meeting till another time .

Before rounding up with his message, Marvin came behind me and whispered to my ears..
I stood up and we both left the conference room.

Marvin was the Personal Assistant (P.A) to Captain Wole Coker, they were so close that I hardly see the M.D without him.

We climbed to the next floor, getting to the end of the hallway he stopped and looked around before proceeding.

" Lola, am sorry to bother you, but I really need your assistance . "

" Any problem ? "

" Actually I didn't want to disclose this, Captain Coker is presently in the hospital. "

To be cont'd .

2 Likes

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Maryanne11: 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2019
It's no longer a hidden fact that the spoken word industry in Nigeria has a lot to offer....
Graciano Enwerem is a known face in Nigeria when it comes to spoken word.
However this time our excitement has been geared by the anticipation of his new piece featuring Jeremiah Gyang "OMALICHA" �

We are hereby advised to get snacks and queue on his handle@gracianoenwerem
#I'mgonnabethefirsttoviewit
#spokenwordgiant
#omalicha
#youagleeabiyounoaglee

View the making of omalicha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMWXUvTaoy4

Subscribe and like
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2019

"Actually, I didn't want to disclose this, Captain Coker is presently in the hospital. "

I gasped " Is he okay ? "

" He was admitted last night, though he's better now but his doctor insisted that he must be placed on a bed rest for the next couple of days. "

" Do you want me to help with some of your office
duties ? " I asked him.

" Not at all, firstly the M.D has a very important business meeting to attend, so he asked me to go and stand in for him.
Secondly, his chef is presently on his annual leave, so that's where I want you to come in . "

Raising my eyebrows. " To cook ? "
He nodded.
" What about his wife, relatives or something ? "

" Lola if there is any available, I won't be standing before you. "
He stared at me, curiously expecting me to agree to help.

Turning him down was the last thing I could do. This was a man who offered me a job, even when my discipline was not related to his field, which really matters a great deal to me.

I nodded approvingly. " Okay, let me get my bag. "
I decided not to tell Tonia, since they didn't want the news disclosed.
I dashed into my office, put few things in place, picked my bag and left.

Marvin took the front seat along with Ahmed, while I sat at the backseat, then the car glided smoothly out of the premises.

Marvin's phone kept ringing one after the other, when he dropped a call, he picked another. Then I needed no one to tell me that the day would be a busy one for him.

As the phones managed to stop ringing , he quickly plunged in .

" Lola, thank you so much for coming with me. "

" Anytime ." I replied.

" Let me quickly brief you, right now we are heading to Captain' s house. please you ' ll help him prepare some fresh fruit juice. That's what he demanded for this morning. I' ll take the fruit juice with me while leaving, if he needs anything for lunch, i 'll call to inform you. I have instructed Ahmed, he would stay behind incase you need to get anything, he can run around with the car . "

" So what car will you use ? " I asked.

He flashed a smile .
" Don't worry, there are other cars available "

A while after, Ahmed suddenly cut down the speed, he took a turning into a street . The street was quiet and the driveways were tiled.
After driving some blocks, he slid smoothly towards a very beautiful gate, then he hooted the horn.

The residence was an eye - catching one, the black gate was a sliding louvered, coupled with white bricks masonry fence
We waited patiently for the gate to be opened, I could only imagine what the building would look like.

To be cont' d.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by purples25(f): 12:34am On Sep 12, 2019
I love this story, so interesting
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2019
I'm always looking forward for an update
Well done OP
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Gvnl(f): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
Interesting story. Please when is the next update?
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by bossy512(f): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
Thanks for the this lovely story, very interesting, pls more updates
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
purples25:
I love this story, so interesting
Ann2012:
I'm always looking forward for an update
Well done OP
Gvnl:
Interesting story. Please when is the next update?
bossy512:
Thanks for the this lovely story, very interesting, pls more updates

MANY THANKS

2 Likes

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2019

The villa home was an upper - class and breath taking one. I could see reason why Marvin smiled when I asked him about the car he would use. Couple of exotic cars were positioned at the parking slot.

We alighted from the car, then he quickly led me into the house and straight to the kitchen.

About thirty minutes later, the fresh fruit juice was ready, Marvin carried it and left for the hospital .

Later that day, I couldn't go back to the office, because it was quite late already, so I headed home straight.

I was already on the bed trying to catch some sleep when Marvin called.

" Hello Marvin. "
" Lola how are you ? "
" Am fine . "
" Just want to check on you, also to say thank you for helping out. "

" Marvin please, do not mention it . "

" Lola that was quite a lot for me. "

" Anytime . " I replied.

" please, am still expecting you by tomorrow. "

" No problem. "

" Thank you Lola, sleep tight . "

" Good night. " I hung up.

The next morning, Marvin had sent me a message to go straight to the office so that he could pick me up from there since it was easier for me.

I was all dressed up to leave.

" Lola, are you still going to captain' s house today ? " Tutu asked

" Yes, Marvin is still expecting me. "

She teased me.
" please ensure that the food is very tasty . "

" Why ? " I asked.

" so that he can increase your salary now . "

We both giggled, then I stepped out.

At Captain Coker's residence, Marvin opened the kitchen bar cabinet.

"Lola, Captain doesn't want any breakfast prepared, he said he would be fine with beverage.
So, you won't bother yourself about that. "

I nodded.

" But, lunch would be very necessary because, Captain will be coming home today. "

" So soon, I hope he is better now ? "

" Yes he is. besides he is planning to travel to the state for his usual medical check up. "

" That's good to know. "

The time was about 10.15am, I settled before my laptop to get few things done since there was no need for breakfast.

About two hours later, I got a message from Marvin, then I proceeded to the kitchen and started preparing the lunch.

My plan was to quickly prepare the lunch and take my leave before Captain Coker returns from the hospital.
Just about thirty minutes into the cooking, I heard the sound of a car horn. In seconds the gate was pushed open, I peeped through the kitchen window expecting to see Marvin, surprisingly Captain Coker alighted from the backseat.

I became so uptight, since I wasn't expecting him so soon.

Captain had kept a strictly formal relationship with every of his staffs, Hence I knew I wasn't going to be comfortable being around him since we weren't at the office.

Still peeping through the window.
" Oh my God. " I muttered.

Shortly, the front door was opened, then I could hear voices from the living room. I decided to continue with the cooking.

Marvin opened the door and entered the kitchen.

" Hi Lola ! So sorry for stressing you. "

I smiled.

" Captain is already home . " he whispered.

To be cont'd.

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2019

Captain is already home . " he whispered.

" okay Give me few minutes, I ' ll join you . "

He nodded, then left the kitchen.

After a while, I regulated the gas then left the kitchen. Captain Coker was about to climb the staircase, when I dashed out of the kitchen.

" Good afternoon sir ! " I greeted him.

He stopped and turned around.

" Oh Miss Lola Philips ! How are you ?

" Am fine sir. "

" Marvin told me how helpful you have been, but I was quite worried that he shouldn't have bothered you. "
I smiled faintly.

" Thanks for the fruit juice. You made it just the way I always want it. "

" You are welcome sir . "

" I ' ll be upstairs . "

" Alright sir. " He proceeded upstairs, while I got back to the kitchen.

After I have finished with the cooking, I sat at the lounge trying to relax. Marvin joined me and sat on the next couch.

" Lola, I 'll be going on a trip to Lagos this evening, I have already booked a flight. I need to go and clear some of our company's consignments . "

" I see . "

I turned my face and saw Captain Coker descending the staircase. When he got down, he pointed a white envelope to Marvin.

" Here you are, when your plane touch down, just let me know . "
He spoke gently and one could easily tell that he still needs some rest.

" Miss Lola Philips, don't let me stress you further for today, you 'I'll go with Ahmed and Marvin. Let them drop you, don't bother going to the office you just go home and rest. "

" Okay sir. " I replied.

He continued.
" Just help me serve the lunch on the table before you leave. "

He settled himself on the couch and continued discussing with Marvin. Then I left for the kitchen to dish the meal.

As we were set to leave, Captain Coker who was sitting down brought out some money from an envelope and gave me.

" Have this for your transport fare . "

I held still feeling reluctant to take the money from him.

" C'mon take it from me." he pressed gently.
Then I collected the money.

" Thank you sir. " I said.

" If I may ask, will it still be comfortable for you to come around tomorrow ? "

" If you request me to, I will sir. "

" I 'll be expecting you then . " He said.

" Alright sir . "

" And Marvin, do ensure you reach me often when you get to Lagos . "

" I will sir . " he said.

I picked my bag while Marvin and I stepped out of the house.

We drove on , and as we veered into the highway, Marvin notified me.

" Lola, please direct Ahmed on where to take, so that we can go drop you at home. "

" C'mon Marvin, you guys shouldn't bother about me, Captain already gave me transport fare. Besides, you still have a flight to catch. Just drop me at the next round-about, I 'll find my way. "

" Lola, are you sure ? " he pressed.

" Trust me I ' ll be fine. "

As we approached the junction, Ahmed pulled up .

" Lola thank you so much for coming around, please don't forget that Captain would be expecting you by tomorrow. "

" I will definitely be there, and do have a safe trip. " I said.

" Thank you Lola, take care . "

I alighted from the car, while they drove off.

To be cont' d

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
See me doing Oliver twist
Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by aprilwise(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2019
Nice one. I'm thinking soon captain and Lola will become something.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Gvnl(f): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2019
aprilwise:
Nice one. I'm thinking soon captain and Lola will become something.
I'm thinking the same thing too. But I'm not sure Lol would give in..
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2019

Later in the day, Tutu and I were conversing in the bedroom. I brought out the money given to me by captain Coker and counted it, the money was ten thousand naira. I counted four thousand from it and gave it to Tutu.

She smiled and collected it.
" So, what do you want me to buy with it. " She asked jokingly.
I chuckled at her.
" Get some data on your phone or may be get your pedicure done. " I suggested.

" Yes, this 'll be good for my pedicure . "
She winked.

" Lola, I was going to ask you, why is it that there isn't any family living with your captain boss, is he a bachelor or what ? "

" Bachelor ? " I exclaimed.

" Tutu that's not possible, considering the fact that most rich people always look younger than their age, captain Coker should be up to fifty years old at a guess. "

I shook my head . " Captain Coker can't be a bachelor. "

" So how come he is living alone . " Tutu asked.

" I don't know ,though I believed he has his families abroad . "

" That could be true though. " Tutu shrugged slightly.

I yawned tiredly and grabbed my pillow to catch some sleep.

The next morning, Tutu dashed into the bathroom while I was taking my bath, I was stunned, then quickly, I reached for my towel to cover up. While i snapped angrily at her.

" Jeeeeez ....... Tutu shouldn't you have knocked ? "

Ignoring my anger. She held my phone staring at me suspiciously while i stared back questioningly.

" What ? "

Tutu plunged in " Lola, there is something you are not telling me and am suspecting that you are hiding a lot from me. "

" How do you mean ? "

She raised my phone in her hands.

" Dapo-Davies just sent you a message, you told me this guy made it point clear to you, that he is already engaged and it doesn't want to get involved with you . "

" Exactly . " I replied.

" So how do you explain this message ? "

Tutu read out - " Am back to Nigeria.
" I gat goodies for you.
" Missed you so much.

Tutu stared at me questioningly, while I stared back obviously confused.

In few minutes, I sat before the dress table tidying my hair. Tutu stood close to me and began.

" Lola, am just not getting this Dapo - Davies guy, one minute he doesn't want to get involved with you and the next minute he wants to be with you. "

Shaking my head. " I don't understand him either. "
I replied.

" Lola listen, you need to be very careful with him, because some guys are like that. They appear overly nice, while they have ulterior motives. I really don't trust guys like that, just be careful with him . "

I listened with a thoughtful expression, then nodded swiftly and left the house.

At Captain Coker's villa, I opened the front door and entered.
I met him sitting in the living room still in his pyjamas while his doctor stood before him holding a sphyg device.

" Captain your Blood pressure ( BP ) is quite better than before, that's a good improvement. But you still have to observe enough rest and take your drugs. "

" Sure I will. " he replied with a very deep and sleepy tone.

" Doc thanks for coming. "

" You are welcome captain . "

The doctor put his bag together and left.
" Good morning sir " I greeted him.

" Good morning Miss Philips, how are you ? "

" Am fine, how do you feel today sir ? "

" oh very better. And please am very sorry for every inconvenience. "

" It's okay sir . "

He stood up and walked towards his dinning table, he brought out some drugs and checked through.

" I am not a lover of breakfast. But I have to take some drugs this morning.Can you make me some French toast ?

To be cont'd.

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
Copyright seriezbymo

" Can you make me some French toast " he asked.
I nodded.
" Yes I can . "
" That's good, am okay with just two pairs. And please make some for yourself too . "

" Okay sir . " He proceeded upstairs.
I got to the kitchen and brought out the ingredients one after the other.

In no time breakfast was ready. Just as I was serving the beverages, I caught a glimpse of him descending the staircase. apparently he had freshened up, wearing a grey coloured joggers and black tees. He Bored this boyish good look.

As he approached the dinning to settle on the chair, the door bell chimed, without waiting the visitors opened the door.

A young guy and a young lady came in, they sighted Captain Coker from where he was standing, then they greeted him in unison.

" Good morning sir " the guy prostrated slightly.

" Good morning, how are you ?
" fine sir. " they replied

He turned to me.

" They are my house keepers, they are here to do the house cleaning, so including the kitchen, don't bother yourself about tidying up, they will clean up everywhere . "

" Alright sir . "
The house keepers got down to work, while Captain beckoned to me.

" Come with me please . "
I followed him to a mini lounge.

" In case you are not comfortable in the living room, you can stay here and relax. Use the TV if you love to . "

" Alright sir ." I replied.
Just like he read my mind, I wasn't free sitting with him in the living room.
Suddenly, My eyes caught a boy' s picture hung somewhere on the wall. Without any doubt, he bored a striking resemblance with Captain Wole Coker.

After having his breakfast, he settled before the TV listening to the news.

In couple of hours, the house keeper wrapped up and left.
I felt quite comfortable at the mini lounge as I whiled away the time watching the TV.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of the doorbell, and the door was opened. I stood up to peep. I saw a young man came in and greeted Captain Coker After a while he proceeded to the kitchen.

I quickly thought out that his chef might be back.

To be cont'd

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / Baby And Me - A Crime Story / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.