Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

In - Between ( A Fictional Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In - Between ( A Fictional Story) (21118 Views)

The Truth (A Fictional Tale) / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by bossy512(f): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
Well done OP
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2019
Copyright 2019 seriezbymo

His chef might be back. I quickly thought out.

The sound of a male's voice made me swung around.

" Good afternoon ma ! "

" Good afternoon. " I responded.

Sounding very polite. " Captain said he would like to see you. " he said .

I got down from the sofa and followed him.

" Miss Philips, this is my chef who travelled on his annual leave . "
I turned to him. " You are welcome ! "

" Thank you. " smiling radiantly.

" When you are ready for lunch, you just tell him what you ' ll like to take, he will prepare it for you . "

" Alright sir. "

I went back to the lounge, immediately I sat down, i took a deep breath. Finally I can resume to my normal life.

Now that the chef was back, obviously I had no reason to still hang around so I decided to take my leave.
But..................I thought I shouldn't do that immediately, that might just implies that have been waiting for him to get me relieved from his duty.

So, I decided to take some times.
My beeping phone caught my eye, then I remembered that Dapo-Davies sent me a message which i haven't replied.

Tutu gave me a warning to be careful with him, that still lingered on my mind but................... At the same time, I didn't want him to feel bad by ignoring his message .

After a while , I got up and switched off the AC then the TV. I picked my bag and left for the living room.

" Sir, I want to take my leave . "

" oh so soon ? " Captain replied.

" I just thought that since I have nothing doing around, I should get going. "

He paused for a while without speaking. At once he stood up. " Just give me a minute . " he said.

Then he proceeded upstairs, shortly he came back with a white package.
He cleared his throat and went on.

"Have always kept a formal relationship with my staffs, fortunately I think you are the first staff to come to my residence. Apart from Marvin who has personal duties with me . "

He paused for a while pointing his finger slightly.
" I observed that you are a very reserved person, that's a good one though. "

I smiled coyly.

" Have this. " pointing the white package to me.
" it's an iphone tablet, am giving it to you . "

I gave a little surprise expression, then I collected it. " Thank you sir ! "

" Don't mention it, and thanks for coming to assist."

He gave me an envelope. " Here is your transport fare. "

I also collected it . " Thank you sir. "

He nodded.
Then I picked my bag to leave.

" I 'ill be on my way sir . "

" Alright, and please if you need anything, feel very free to ask me. "

" Alright sir. "
I walked to the door and made my way out.

Captain Wole Coker had an authoritative personality, that type of boss that has a commanding appearance.
And to think that I I'll tell him that I need something sounded almost impossible.

Tutu sat on the rug busy with the iPhone tablet that captain coker gifted me. She read through the guide booklet.

" Wow ! this tablet is so nice. Lola like seriously, yesterday you came with Ten thousand for T. Fare, today another twenty thousand naira with a brand new iPhone tablet. Oh my God, how I wish that chef never comes back. "

She glared at me laughing out loud, expecting me to respond, but I didn't.

" Lola. What's wrong with you ? "
It took a while before I speaking.

" Tutu am just bothered, I thought about what you said in the morning which I know its true. But I find it very hard to ignore that Dapo-Davies was very nice to me, and not replying his message makes me feel bad . "

" Lola don't get me wrong, I only said you should be careful with him. "
she said dissmissively while she concentrated on the tablet.

I took a deep breath, reached for my phone and quickly replied his message.

In few seconds my phone began to ring, Dapo- Davies' s call came in.
Shortly, I picked it.

" Hello ! " I started

" I thought you didn't want toreply my message . "
The husky voice came through the phone.

" Am sorry, I was quite busy. I just got settled now after today's work . "

" How are you doing ? " he asked.

" Am doing great . "

" I would love to see you tomorrow . "

I paused for a while .

" That 'I'll be after work. " I replied.

" That's fine by me, just send me your office address, I will send kelvin to come and pick you at your convenient time . "

" Alright, I will . "

" Take care and see you tomorrow . " he hung up.

To be cont' d

3 Likes

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by purples25(f): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
Great one. Abeg lets continue cruising with this story, you can really write.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Emex100(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
tutu reminds me of this song....... "body go sweet you if alart enter"
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Longest time OP, hope you're good?
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by silverlinen(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2019
Fentasy! Fentasy!! Fentasy!!!
Hmmm....Make i no shout much.After searching all round nairaland,i finally found ur piece to be the most intriquing.I love this
Pls update more often.We love u.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
purples25:
Great one. Abeg lets continue cruising with this story, you can really write.
Thank YOU .

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ann2012:
Longest time OP, hope you're good?
Sure am good . Thanks !

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
silverlinen:
Fentasy! Fentasy!! Fentasy!!!
Hmmm....Make i no shout much.After searching all round nairaland,i finally found ur piece to be the most intriquing.I love this
Pls update more often.We love u.
Am speechless......... Million Thanks !
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2019
Copyright 2019 seriezbymo.

The next day was a very busy day at the office. Dapo-Davies had called me earlier, on which I had told him that I won't be free until 4 .pm.

At about 4.pm almost every staff were still busy before their desk, the company was handling a new project, that kept us working late into the evening.

At a point, I was already stressed out , then I knew my meeting with Dapo - Davies won't be possible, because I really needed to go home and get some rest.

I took my phone and messaged him.

" Sorry, am still quite busy at the office, don't think i would be leisured today . "

In few seconds he replied.

" Tomorrow ? "

The next day was weekend, which was quite convenient for me.

" Tomorrow is fine by me . " I replied.

Getting home, I collapsed on the sofa tiredly.

Tutu dashed out of the bedroom curiously, expecting to see me with a luggage .

" Lola how far ? "

I stared at her in silence, looking quite sleepy .

She shook my hand playfully .

" Lola answer me nowwwwwwww........... i thought you and Dapo-Davies scheduled to meet today ? "

" Tutu, i had to reshedule . " Sounding so tired.

" Why nowwwww...... ? "

" We were very busy at the office , today was really hectic. I just have to come home and rest.

" Sorry about that, so what's the new plan ? "

" We plan to meet tomorrow . "

She nodded .

" That's better , at least being a weekend . "

I sat upright on the chair with a frown on my face .

Tutu sat very close to me, trying to tease me .

" Lola why are you complaining ? You wanted a job and you have gotten one . "

Whining like a child.

" Tutu leave me alone........"

Then I lay back on the sofa to catch some rest .

Déja vu lounge was a very calm relaxation environment , I sat opposite Dapo - Davies as we were having a table talk .My plan was to see him briefly, then proceed to aunty Ella's store to spend the day with her.

About an hour into our discussion , I got so engrossed in the topic that I became so relaxed with Dapo - Davies compared to the previous time that we met .

He didn't talk anything intimate, rather we discussed the economy state of the country .

I observed that he didn't like to talk much , he only briefed his questions while he listened to me shared my opinion.

Suddenly, he paused , and gave a half smile .

" Unbelievable ." That was all I could mutter deep inside of me. For the very first time I saw Dapo-Davies smiled.

I was close to ask him what , when he spoke.

" Tell You what Lola , I was never wrong about you . "

" How do you mean ? " I asked.

He leaned forward in his chair and poured some more wine into my glass , he settled back and smiled again .

" Lola , let's leave that for another day . "

" But I want to know . " Sounding quite curious .

" Ok, I promise I'll tell you, but first tell me more about yourself . "

I shrugged my shoulder childishly . " I won't tell you, until you let me know that opinion you have of me . "

My childlike attitude cracked him up with laughter, I couldn't believe he could be so relaxed with me .

Suddenly, he rose to his feet and moved closer to me .

" Let’s take a walk ." he said, offering me his hand then he drew me up gently.

He carried the two glasses of wine in his hands.

" Have yours ." he gestured .

I collected the glass of wine from him .

" Thank you ! " I muttered then we walked side by side as we strolled away .

About few hours later, the car came to a halt right before Aunty Ella' s store, immediately Dapo - Davies stretched his hand to the backseat and brought out a shopping bag.

" Here you are , your little gifts from the state . "

I smiled coyly .

" C'mon Lola, they are all yours . "

Then, I got the bag from him .

" sincerely , I wasn't expecting this. But all the same thank you. " I said.

" You are welcome, and thank you too for coming around, you really made my day .

I put my bags together to take my leave .

" Hope to see you soon ." he muttered

" Alright, see you soon ."

He watched me as I got down from the car and the moment I shot the door, a slight smile quivered on his lips, then he waved me .

The moment I walked into Aunty Ella's store, she hailed me in her usual way.
" L for Lolly..........don't tell me you are the one that got down from that G - wagon . "

I laughed , then settled on the chair .

she continued . " Lola , you are really looking fresh, it shows you are really living life to the full, whie you totally forgot me . "

" Noooooo........... Aunty Ella, you know I would not do that, office could be very taxing atimes . "

Nodding. " I understand......... Anyways let's put that aside. i know Tutu hasn't bought a G - wagon,
so who was that ? "

Giving me a doubtful look .

" That was Dapo - Davies now . "

" Same Dapo - Davies ? "

" Of course the same one . "

" Really , do you guys still see each other ? Or..............are you now dating ?

I glanced at her quizzically .

" Nooooo................we simply hung out , and that was all . "

" Ok ooooo....... " She murmured .
A wig attracted me , then I got up to take a look . Afterwards , we had several gists before I left her store.

Few time has passed by, Dapo and I have known each other better and become more comfortable with each other. very often, he called me to say hi , and some other times he requested that we hung out .

The Lola that I was wouldn't have given a room for such friendship but , Dapo made it very possible for the friendship to grow , occasionally he made me realised that he wasn't with me for intimacy .

In his words . "Lola, you are one of those few individuals that adds value to one's life . Such friendship is meant to be pampered . " This he always said .

We became so free with each othe , and we were simply good friends .

It was a Thursday afternoon that I had little to do at work , so I closed from the office earlier . We had just two days to Tutu's birthday, I wondered what plan she had this time , since she always loved to mark her birthday .

As I Alighted from the cab , walking towards the gate , I bumped into Mimi and Sharon .

To be cont'd .

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2019

As I Alighted from the cab. walking towards the gate , I bumped into Mimi and Sharon , A warm smile bloomed across their faces, looking quite happy to see me .

" Hi Lola ! " Sharon greeted opening her arms to hug me . I hugged her then Mimi .

Staring at me admiringly , Mimi said " Lola long time , you are really looking fresher than before . "

With a beaming smile , I responded " Everyone says that. "

" How was work today ? " Sharon asked .

" Good ! " I replied .

" We are in haste to somewhere, we will see you some other times . "

" Ok Byeeee................. "

I opened the door and stepped into the living room , Tutu the birthday girl was sounding so bright as she was conversing on the phone .

I could hear every of her conversation , because she put the phone on speaker .

I put off my shoes and sat on the sofa . She winked at me indirectly saying hi. then she continued .

" Michael, we are just three , Mimi , Sharon and myself . "

The male voice came from the other end of the phone .

" So what about your best friend ? " he asked .

" You mean Lola ? " chuckling so much .

" Lola will never follow me to the club , have always told you she doesn't socialize . "

I gave her very keen look , whispering . " Stop it........."

She chuckled really hard this time , that Michael had to ask .

" What was that about . "

" You know what Michael ? Lola just came in now and she is sitting right before me , you know you guys haven't met , so i want you to speak with her . "

A very serious expression settled on my face .

" Ok , give the phone to her . " Michael requested.

With no other option left , I put myself together .

" Hello Lola ! "

" Good afternoon sir ! "

" How are you doing ? "

" Am doing great and you sir ? "

" Sure am fine, Tutu had told me few good things about you, and i must say that, am pleased to speak with you today . "

" Same here . " I replied .

" Pardon me if am asking for a favour for the very first time of meeting you . "

I smiled because I already knew what he was about asking .

" Go on sir , am all ears . "

" I' ll like you to join Tutu for a dinner , just to mark her birthday . Will you do that for me ? "

Tutu leaned forward eager to hear my response , but I paused for a while before replying .

" Ok. I will . "

Immediately , Tutu gave a broad smile .

" I really appreciate that . " Michael said .

" You are welcome sir ! "

" Hope to see you soon Lola . "

" See you soon too . "

Tutu who didn't bother to take the phone from me since it was on speaker, she spoke out loud from her seat .

" Thank you sweetheart ! talk to you later . "

Then Michael hung up .

Tutu already knew that I was coming for her , immediately the phone got disconnected , she turned her face away trying to hold her laughter .

" Tutu." I called out . Sounding very calm and serious, then she burst into laughter .

I continued. " What is wrong with you ? "

Shrugging her shoulders .

" Nothing "

" Nothing ? and you decided to mark your birthday in a club . "

She cut in .
" No....no... no, Lola don't get it wrong. 'D SPARKS' is a very big place with different section, they have the lounge , the restaurant ,the bar , then the club . But, the club is the most visited. And that’s why a lot of people believed that it's majorly a night spot. "

She explained to me .

" So where do you plan having the dinner ? "

" The restaurant of course ."

My face lit up a bit , suddenly sounding quite disturbed .

" But ......"

" But what again Lola ? "

Tutu , i won't be comfortable at the dinner with your sugar daddy . "

She giggled at me .

" Lola , would you ever stop being like this ? Ok , if you want to know , Michael isn't going with us . It’s an all expenses paid dinner , he only booked a table for four and that’s Mimi , Sharon , You and I . "

Then my face lit up again .

" That's okay by me , " I muttered .

Saturday came , Just at the battling of an eyelid . Tutu and I were still in bed before we were woken by the sound of the door bell .

A very big birthday cake was delivered to Tutu , along with it were several gift boxes all from Michael .

She opened the gifts one after the other as she admired every bit of it .

Finally , the evening was here. At about 7.00pm , the driver who was sent down by Michael , was already waiting for us . We planned to pick Mimi And Sharon on the way since they lived quite a distance away .

At about 8.15 p.m , we finally arrived at " D SPARKS ". We all ordered for different menu as we wished, the restaurant really wined and dined us.

One of the staffs walked up to our table sounding very polite.

" Good evening gentle ladies ! "

" Good evening . " We all responded .

Please , your all expenses paid dinner covers every section of " D SPARKS " , if you want more entertainments , you can proceed to our VIP club , you are free to order for drinks they have all been paid for . "

Tutu nodded . " We will do that later . " She said .

" Alright , and please enjoy yourselves . "
" Thank you ! " we all responded .

Few minutes later , Tutu turned to me .
" Lola what do you say ? should we go to the club ?"

I stared at her feeling quite reluctant, then Mimi persuaded me .

" C'mon Lola , you just heard the staff said the "VIP CLUB". definitely it won't be crowded , because I know you are trying to avoid some rowdiness.

At that point , I didn't want it to look like I was depriving Tutu to have fun on her birthday, so i agreed to follow them to the club .

To be cont'd .

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
Fentasy:

Sure am good . Thanks !

I missed you embarassed
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 4:24am On Nov 30, 2019
Ann2012:

I missed you embarassed

LOL........ so did I .

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 4:25am On Nov 30, 2019

Approaching the club floor , I could feel the vibes of the naija jamz, the D. J was pretty good . As we were ushered into the VIP room , we took our position and settled down.

Tutu Immediately placed an order for us which we were served in few minutes .

As I politely sipped my drink , I tried to relax myself while I observed the environment. I sighted an upper class section tagged VVIP.

Suddenly , Mimi stood up and began to give some nice dance steps to the naija beats , Tutu stood up and joined her .

Sharon and I watched them dance for a while as they were really entertaining us . Playfully , Mimi drew me up to join them .

" Oh..... no.... no.... no..... Mimi , I just can't dance like you . " I held back .

" C' mon Lola , this isn't difficult just do as I do . "

Knowing that people were not around us , I got up and began to follow Mimi' s dance steps.

They hailed my name as I was really dancing well .

Shortly , a wait staff walked up to our table holding a wine bucket chiller .

" please , there is a gentleman at the VVIP , he asked me to bring this to your table . "

We all kept mute looking at him since he didn't direct his message to a particular person .

He went further. " Sorry , he said I should give it to miss Lola . "

Immediately, I drew back in surprise .

" Me ? I don't think so , may be it's another Lola . "

Without waiting to confirm , Tutu collected the wine and admired it .

" Oh my God ! This must be a very costly wine . "

I tried to caution her , then turned to the wait staff .

" Young man , actually am Lola, but I don't know anyone around . "

The waiter pointed to the VVIP. " The gentleman is seated up there . " He said .

I raised my head up, trying to see who the person was, suddenly I muttered heavily .

" JESUS " . Then I caught my breath.

They all turned to me asking . " What is it ? "

Looking awe - strucked, i whispered .

" That's my boss ......... "

The three all looked up to take a glance at him . While Tutu asked curiously .

" Is that Captain Wole Coker ?

To be cont'd.

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2019
Wonderful
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by dawno2008(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2019
Beautiful,pls don't go AWOL again sad
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by stainless190(f): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
Nice story dear keep it coming
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 5:37am On Dec 07, 2019
dawno2008:
Beautiful,pls don't go AWOL again sad

I wish I wouldn't .
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 5:37am On Dec 07, 2019
stainless190:
Nice story dear keep it coming

Thank You !
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 6:00am On Dec 07, 2019

The three all looked up to take a glance at him , then Tutu asked curiously .

" Is that Captain Wole Coker ?

That minute , i didn't reply immediately because I was lost in so many thought . after a while , I nodded gently .

Tutu covered her mouth trying to hold back her laughter , then she started .

" Lola see , you don't have to hide anymore, your boss just sent a wine to your table, It even came along with your name obviously, he saw you clearly .

She tried to pull my legs more .

" He even saw you dancing. " She added laughing out loud .

Her action left a frown on my face . it took a while before I spoke .

" I never wanted to come . " I muttered , casting a regretful look .

Suddenly , Tutu stopped laughing , out of guilt .

Sharon inclined me . " No Lola , you don't have to feel any regret . I mean , it's not that bad , after all you are properly dressed .

Mimi edged in. "Lola, all you need to do is, put yourself together. You know it won't be nice of you not to regard him .

I knew I was left with no option. Immediately, I stood up and found my way up to the VVIP .

I sighted him all dressed in a striped polo, matched with a blue denim. Popping his collar up.

As I approached his table , i gestured with my head slightly .

" Good evening sir ! .

" Oh miss Philips , how are you ?

" Am fine sir ! "

" I almost thought I was mistaking someone else for you . So you socialize ? quite surprised to see you at the club " .

" Ermmmmm............. actually sir , I don't club. We just came to mark a friend ' s birthday.

" No...no...no.....no... it's okay . Sorry meet my friend Senator Mofe . "

" Good evening sir ! " I greeted .

" How are you young lady ? "

" Am very well sir . "

" She is one of my very active staffs . " Captain Coker mentioned.

" I see.........that's good to know , keep it up . " I forced a smile .

" Thank you for the wine sir . " I muttered .

" Oh.................. that , you are welcome . "

" I will like to join my friends . "

" Alright, feel free . "

I left the two , as I walked down , I heaved a sigh of relief .

Immediately i got back to our table , i glanced at my watch while the three stared at me in expectation .

" Hey guys, i want to get going. "

" Really , i was about to pop this . " Tutu said Pointing to the wine .

" See Tutu, have had enough already, besides, it's getting late ."

Mimi and Sharon got to their feet, and they began to pick their items one after the other .

Tutu stood up to do the same , while she hand picked the wine along with her .

As the driver drove us back home, Tutu began.

" Lola are you upset with me ? "

" Of course not , I just do not like the fact that i found myself in such shoes. Besides , i believed that doesn't change any of his moral impression about me . "

She hugged me tightly , leaving Mimi and Sharon laughing.
" You two . " they said .

Sharon and Mimi decided to spend the night in our apartment since we haven't cut Tutu's birthday cake .

After a while , we arrived at home . More like the three were all itching to talk about my boss. I guess they didn't want to have the discussion before the driver . The moment we all got down from the car , they plunged into Captain Coker's topic, while we made our way in .

Mimi started . " Lola forgive me , but I must confess . I couldn't take my eyes off your boss ."

Tutu interjected . " Meeeehn. .... check out the wine, when you are big, you are big . "

Sharon added . " I swear , i was tripping for him . "

I didn't bother to say anything , rather I just smiled at everyone' s comments.

" Ok.............., enough of my boss now , can we just cut the birthday cake already . "

Mimi quickly tip toed to the kitchen to bring the big cake .

As she was coming with the cake, she broke into a birthday song , while Sharon and I joined her.

At the spell of her name T - U - T -U , she cut her cake then Sharon popped the wine. We all really had fun .

It was a monday morning . Tonia sat opposite my desk , cracking up on the chair , she shook with laughter , finding my club gist really funny .

" You don't mean it Lola . " She said staring aghast at me .

" Tonia , i felt like the ground should just swallow me . "

She chuckled with laughter again .

" Babes , you don't understand how I felt at that club . " I added.

" Of course I can imagine . " She continued to laugh in between every of her words .

" To make your matter worse , you were even dancing . "

"mteeeeeeew.............. Tonia i won't try it again . "

At once , the office telephone began to shrill , i picked up and answered the call . immediately i dropped the call , I stood up .

" Captain is around . " I muttered as I walked towards the door, Tonia also stood up and left for her office .

I shut the door gently as I stepped into Captain' s office .

" Good morning sir ! '

" Morning ! " he replied with his face looking quite stern , without wasting time he handed over some files to me , I already knew they were projects he wanted me to go through .

I collected them and nodded approvingly.

Not a single reference that he saw me at the club . " You can go please . " he mentioned briefly , then I took my leave .

Tonia who was eager to know why our boss called me, came back to my office .

" Lola how far, what did he say ?

" What were you expecting ? to start a gist with me about the club ? if you see his facial expression , you will take to your heels . "

Tonia chuckled and tip toed to the door , then she left for her office . while I quckly settled before my desk to get down to work .

It was a sizzling afternoon , i was already done for the day , as i was climbing down the stair case taking my leave , I saw Marvin hurrying down too .

" Hi Lola ! " He greeted me cheerfully .

" Hi Marvin ! Long time . "

" Are you leaving for home ? "

" Yes , I am . "

" Then come join me in the car , so that I can drop you . "

At the thought of the blistering sun , i accepted his offer .

" Alright, but you seems to be in a hurry ? " I asked .

" Yes , actually I went to pick captain's visitor from the airport , so i don't want to keep her waiting for me in the car . "

I held back . " You have a visitor in the car ? "

" C' mon Lola , that has nothing to do with dropping you , she doesn't know you , bedsides , the sun is just too high . "

" Ok , if you insist ."

Getting to the parking slot, Marvin got into the car, then opened the rear door for me to join the visitor since the front seat has been occupied with laundry delivery .

As I got into the car , i saw a young woman sitting very relaxed , she was on a slightly tinted hair style . Wearing a well fitted body-con dress coupled with a pair of white sneakers, i could perceive her cologne all over the places .

She focused on her phone .

" Good afternoon "
I greeted her , but she didn't reply immediately . Seemed to be enthralled by the phone in her hands . At once , she snapped out .

" Oh , please pardon my manners. Good afternoon ! "

she spoke with a very strong American accent , then she focused on the phone again .

In few minutes , Marvin started a conversation with me .

" Lola, how are you finding the company's new project ? "

I sighed . " We are coming up . "

Immediately, the young woman stopped what she was doing and turned to me .

" Did he just call you Lola ? don't tell me you are the same Lola . "

To be cnt'd
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Adeola25(f): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Well done Op.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
Thanks for the update

The woman might be Captain's daughter oooo
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
Adeola25:
Well done Op.

Thank You !
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

May be Lola 'ill tell us ......

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by stainless190(f): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
Well done op keep it coming
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by stainless190(f): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
Well done op yhu're doing a grt job
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by favch(f): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
or dav's fiancee
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
stainless190:
Well done op yhu're doing a grt job

Thank You !
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2019

" Did he just call you Lola ? Wait a minute , don't tell me you are the same Lola . You were the one who helped with the cooking when Wole was admitted at the hospital ? "

I couldn't relate immediately when she mentioned Wole , but somehow it occured to me that she was referring to captain Coker. I nodded and replied quietly .

" Yes I was . "

" Oh ........my......... God ! She held me in her two hands staring at me admiringly .

" Oh ! you are such a darling.......... I really appreciate your kind gestures . "

" Don't mention it ma . "

" oh nooooooo.................that was quite a lot , and no favour is too little to be appreciated, so i must say thank you . "

" You are welcome ! "

I could see Marvin smilling behind the staring . she continued .

" Actually it's about twenty years now , that I left Nigeria , i think it's a good thing that I met you. If you wouldn't mind , i would like you to take me to some nice places where I can get some beautiful African fabrics . "

" That's not a problem , i know of few places , where you can get beautiful good ones .

" Awwwww............ Nice of you . " She took a pause .

" Oh , pardon my manners , my name is Wendy. You can call me Wendy Texas , that's what my friends call me . "

At a guess , she should be in her early forties , so i knew there was no way I could call her by name . That's a norm in America not in Nigeria .

She gave her phone to me .

" Just punch in your digits , so that we can communicate "

I collected the phone , and did briefly .

" I have really missed some real naija dishes . " She said.

I couldn't help smilling as she pronounced some of the local foods with an American accent .

She kept on conversing with me as we drove on .

Couple of days had passed , Aunty Wendy and I finally found our way into one of the biggest fabrics market , we took our time to move from one store to the other .

Most of the sellers gave her special attention, while she kept them all laughing with her Yankee attitude. as she appreciated every bit of African accessories that she saw .

After she was satisfied with her shopping , we hopped in the car , then Ahmed drove us out of the market . She brought out some of the items , and kept admiring them . I was really glad she liked them .

I quickly notified Ahmed where I would like to drop. Aunty Wendy turned to me looking quite displeased.

" Don't tell me you want to drop just like that ? "

" I thought we are done shopping , or is there anything you would love to buy more ? " I asked .

" No....no.... no....am ok . listen Lola , there is no way am going to drop you off just like that . You have sacrificed so much time for me already , Cutie ! you deserve better . "

Clapping her hands .

So right now we will go home together , it's my turn to give you a special treatment . "

I listen to her carefully , as she pronounced her words really fast .

" Hell naaaaaaaaah . " She added .

There was no way I could turn her down , so i simply gave in .

She kept commending on the development along the way and the few hours we spent together, i could say we really bond .

I never knew we were heading to captain Coker's home , until we got closer .

In few minutes , we drove into the villa and the sight of the vicinity brought me few memories .

As we got into the living room , We dropped every luggage we were carrying at a corner .

Aunty Wendy grabbed my hand in a friendly manner to follow her .

" hey Lola let's go . " I followed suit .

When we got to the staircase, i came to a halt .

" Where are you taking me ? " I asked

" To my bedroom , i want to show you some stuffs . "

" But .........you can bring them down here . " I suggested.

Suddenly , i caught a glimpse of someone descending the stair case , i looked up and saw captain Coker all dressed to go out. He took a pause , obviously surprised to see the two of us together .

" Hey Wolex ! You look damn........... cute ! Surprised to see Lola with me ?

Still looking aghast , he didn't speak. Then I greeted him .

" Good evening sir ! "

" Miss Philips , how are you ?

" Am fine sir . "
She cut in .
" Lola here has been so helpful to me , you need to see the nice African fabrics i got today .

" Oh........... " he muttered , then turned to me .

" Thanks for being helpful . "

" You are welcome sir !

" Wendy , am going out . " he said .

Aunty Wendy cut in . " Thank Goodness that I remember now, please.......get me my suya on your way back . "

" Alright i will . " he made his way out .

" Now that he is out , can we now go ? C'mon Lola ." Pronouncing my name as Lawlar. "

Willingly , i agreed to follow her upstairs .

The whole bedroom was so classic . She brought out different goodies from her box and kept pressing me to take anyone that I wanted . I picked just two items , while she forced some few ones on me .

She proceeded to the kitchen and made me some chicken pasta . I was fed to satisfaction and she really made me had a good time before I left the villa .

It was a public holiday , so i had no cause to hop out of bed . I took my time to do some house cleaning , then went out later in the day .

Seated at the rear seat of Dapo' s car , I cracked a smile listening to him . Dapo who granted an interview earlier in the day , shared his different experiences with the media.

" And they always come up with a particular question . How happy are you ? most time , i just laugh at them , because Little do they know that the rich also cry . "

I shook my head looking thoughtful .

" Oh , lest i forget . " He muttered .
picking one of his phone , he got busy in few minutes.while I looked through the window absorbing the streets .

" Lola have this and make a choice . " Giving me his phone .

I collected and stared at it , not comprehending what he meant .

With a very calm voice he spoke .

" Lola am buying a car for you , so make a choice and let me place an order for it . "

To be cont'd .
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by aprilwise(m): 3:58am On Dec 14, 2019
I almost forgot this story. I don't understand what happening again .I will read from the start again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / Baby And Me - A Crime Story / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.