Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

In - Between ( A Fictional Story) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In - Between ( A Fictional Story) (21137 Views)

The Truth (A Fictional Tale) / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 6:41am On Oct 23, 2020
Some hours later, we sat at the dining to have lunch. Just as I settled down, a call came in on my phone. Surprisingly, it was Dapo's call. But reluctantly...... I ignored it.
“Won't you pick your call?” Tutu asked.
“Never mind.” I muttered.
Inquisitively, she grabbed the phone to check the caller .Then she turned to me looking so displeased.
“Frankly speaking Lola, don't you think you are going over board? I know you want to withdraw from Dapo-Davies. but, ignoring his call is not necessary. As a matter of fact, it is rude. And if you ask me, I would say this is self-punishment” She added.
“Self-punishment? I don't understand.”
“Cut it out Lola, you know what I am saying, you want to be with this guy, but you are depriving yourself.”
She moved closer to me then asked
“Can you boldly tell me that you have no feelings for him already?”
I stared at her in silence, but couldn’t reply.
“Lola, you can't hide from the truth forever, I suggest you should see him, then the two of you can sit down and talk, at least you will know where you both belong. Ignoring his calls isn't a good one.” She suggested.
I bit my lips looking thoughtful, shortly I got up with my phone to call Dapo. I held my phone closely to my ears, while I waited patiently for him to pick his call. I almost thought he was ignoring my call just like I did to him.
Suddenly, the voice came from the end of the phone.
“Temilola............” Sounding so calm.
I was so surprise to hear him call me by my full name, only my mum did. Suddenly I was short of words and couldn’t respond to him.
“You stopped hanging out with me, you totally avoided me. And now, you don't want to talk to me.”
“Hi Dapo!” I greeted him.
“Temilola, could things turn out this bad between us?” He asked.
Still, I didn't know what to say. I kept mute.
“So, for how long do you intend to keep away from us?”
Still I didn't talk.
“Temilola, are you there?”
“Yes I am.” My voice sounding so low.
“Ok, seems like you don't want to talk to me now, I will give you few minutes then call you back so that we can talk.”
“Ok.” Quietly I muttered, then he hung up.
I felt so relieved to hear that Dapo wanted us to talk. I just knew that was an opportunity to let him know my mind. For several minutes, I sat down putting my words together. I needed to sound as polite as I could so that Dapo won't feel offended in any way. So I got myself prepared before he would call back.
It was around 7pm when his call came in, without wasting much time ,I picked up.
“Hello!”
“Hi Lola! Are you home?” He asked.
“Yes, I am.”
“I am at your gate, come join me in the car.”
I stared blankly looking surprised.
“Ok, I will join you soon.”
I quickly put on my slippers to step out.
“Where are you going?” Tutu asked.
“Dapo said he is parked outside.”
“He came all the way down here?”
“I am surprised as well.” I replied. Then stepped out.
Immediately I got into the car, Dapo opened his arms inviting me to give him a hug, gently I did.
“Why didn't you make your hair?” He asked.
“Workload at the office, though my wigs have been helpful.”
“Wig or no wig, you look beautiful.” He said.
I gave a half smile.
“Thank you.” I muttered.
Expecting him to begin the topic, rather we both kept silent for few minutes while he focused his eyes on me.
“Lola, I really missed you. Didn't you miss me?”
Deep down, I knew I really missed him too. But I didn't mention it, rather I looked away. Gently, he moved my face back and kissed me. I was too weak to resist him, lightly I responded and we kissed slowly, then intensely. Promptly, we both stopped, as we were almost left short of breath. He fixed his eyes on me with an intense longing written across his face.
“Let’s go to my residence................pleeeeeease Lola.” He pleaded.
I stared blankly and couldn’t say no.

Check the link below to get the complete E-book

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Abosede512(f): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2020
Thanks for the update, their love is getting stronger
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by harmoke05: 7:22am On Oct 25, 2020
how much for the E book
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by yettielicious(f): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
Fentasy:
Hi ! A slashed price of #300.
please can you send to me on whatsap? 08163195858 let’s talk about the mode of payment. Thanks
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
harmoke05:
how much for the E book

A slashed price of #300
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
yettielicious:
please can you send to me on whatsap? 08163195858 let’s talk about the mode of payment. Thanks

Yes you can get the complete Ebook through whatsApp. And the mode of payment is on the link below.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Zara20(f): 10:44am On Dec 02, 2020
i'm oliver twisting
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Mhizbilly(f): 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
Nice work so far, but I can't see any link to the full story
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mhizbilly:
Nice work so far, but I can't see any link to the full story

Many thanks.
The link is down here, the https:// in blue print. Or msg 09093983442 to get the complete E-book
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 6:15am On Dec 07, 2020
Many thanks to everyone who ordered for a copy of IN-BETWEEN.

Immediately I got into the car, Dapo opened his arms inviting me to give him a hug, gently I did.
“Why didn't you make your hair?” He asked.
“Workload at the office, though my wigs have been helpful.”
“Wig or no wig, you look beautiful.” He said.
I gave a half smile.
“Thank you.” I muttered.
Expecting him to begin the topic, rather we both kept silent for few minutes while he focused his eyes on me.
“Lola, I really missed you. Didn't you miss me?”
Deep down, I knew I really missed him too. But I didn't mention it, rather I looked away. Gently, he moved my face back and kissed me. I was too weak to resist him, lightly I responded and we kissed slowly, then intensely. Promptly, we both stopped, as we were almost left short of breath.
He fixed his eyes on me with an intense longing written across his face.
“Let’s go to my residence................pleeeeeease Lola.” He pleaded.
I stared blankly and couldn’t say no.

I lay close to Dapo in his chilly bedroom. All I could hear was the silence of the night.
After avoiding Dapo for sometimes, I wished I could say we never made out again. It was few minutes after we had freshened up and we're almost fallen asleep.
Suddenly, a call came through Dapo's phone, swiftly he took a look
“Oh, young bro” He mentioned.
“Hey! big head” Their conversation began, after few minutes into their conversation, he mentioned.
“I would have loved you to speak with Lola, but my baby is asleep.” I couldn't hear the voice from the end of the phone, but from Dapo's response, I knew he was questioning Dapo about his fiancée.
“You don't have to remind me that I already have a fiancée, I wish I can fight this feelings, but.....................I can't help it.”
Dapo paused to listen to his brother. they chatted for a while before he hung up. He turned to me and stroked my hair back before he tucked himself into bed. Everything Dapo said in his conversation lingered in my mind. I wasn't surprised at his confession though, but I was bothered that his engagement was at stake.
I just have to start withdrawing myself again, I quickly thought. But this time, I had to stick to my decision.

The next morning, I was set to leave. Through the night, I had drawn my plan on how to totally put an end to our friendship.
To start with, I notified him.
“Dapo, I will be moving to Lagos very soon.”
“Lagos State?” He asked.
“Yes.”
“Why? what happened?”
“I got a transfer from the office.”
“A work transfer?”
“Yes.” I nodded.
Looking so concerned, he turned to me.
“Temilola, why not leave the company and come work with Dap-Davies groups. I am the CEO, and I can fix you to work anywhere you like.”

Story continues.

Check the https:// link below to get the complete E-book Or msg 09093983442
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
The next morning, I was set to leave. Through the night, I had drawn my plan on how to totally put an end to our friendship.
To start with, I notified him.
“Dapo, I will be moving to Lagos very soon.”
“Lagos State?” He asked.
“Yes.”
“Why? what happened?”
“I got a transfer from the office.”
“A work transfer?”
“Yes.” I nodded.
Looking so concerned, he turned to me.
“Temilola, why not leave the company and come work with Dap-Davies groups. I am the CEO, and I can fix you to work anywhere you like.”
“But I love the telecoms where I work, besides the company is relying on my competence, hence the reason they want me to go and handle one of our new branch. It won't speak well of me to leave the company now.”
“But moving from Abuja to Lagos, isn't that inconvenient for you?”
“Dapo, it can't be that bad. I would definitely adjust.”
He was silent with a displeased look on his face.

About a month later, I haven't set my eyes on Dapo. I was so glad that my plan was working really well.
Dapo believed that I was in Lagos, so he never bothered to request us to see.
He only called to check up on me.
Gradually, I was breaking off from Dapo-Davies. One afternoon, I closed very early at the office because I was feeling sick, getting home I took some analgesics and went to bed.
The next morning, I felt very better, so I resumed back to work. I didn't stay too long at the office, I closed quite early so I could get some rest.
As I got down from the cab, a young lady hopped out of a car parked very close to my gate. She seemed to have been waiting for me. Confidently she walked up to me
“Hello! I am sure you are Lola Philips?”
“How may I help you?” I asked.
Tutu came out of the gate and saw us two together, she stood and watched curiously from few inches away.
"My name is Tega, a journalist and a blogger.”
Very briefly, she shared her intention.
“Forgive me Lola if have been stalking you, I am only doing my job.
Though the world is yet to know, but Tega here already do. So ................. tell me how does it feel like dating a famous business magnate?”
“Sorry, I don't understand you.”
“Oh come off it Miss Lola Philips, I have my eyes everywhere. I see you two all the time when you hang out.........................in fact, those two times that you both spent the night in his residence, I was very much aware.”

Instantly, I was shocked.

Story continues.

Check the https:// blue link below to get the complete E-book. Or msg 09093983442
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 7:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
Many thanks to everyone who ordered for a copy of IN-BETWEEN

As I got down from the cab, a young lady hopped out of a car parked very close to my gate.
She seemed to have been waiting for me. Confidently she walked up to me
“Hello! I am sure you are Lola Philips?”
“How may I help you?” I asked.
Tutu came out of the gate and saw us two together, she stood and watched curiously from few inches away.
"My name is Tega, a journalist and a blogger.”
Very briefly, she shared her intention.
“Forgive me Lola if have been stalking you, I am only doing my job.
Though the world is yet to know, but Tega here already do. So ................. tell me how does it feel like dating a famous business magnate?”
“Sorry, I don't understand you.”
“Oh come off it Miss Lola Philips, I have my eyes everywhere. I see you two all the time when you hang out.........................in fact, those two times that you both spent the night in his residence, I was very much aware.”

Instantly, I was shocked
“Gosh!” I uttered.

Tutu who was concentrating on her phone turned to us to see what was going on between us, then the lady continued.

“Have been itching to ask you, how do you feel to know that Dapo-Davies's fiancée is already pregnant in the state.”
I stared at her still speechless.
“Oh............ you don't know that Vivian is pregnant? Not just pregnant, but heavily pregnant.”
I knew she could be very right because have heard Dapo made a mention of Vivian before then.
I took a step to walk away from her, but she stood my way.
“I found your story very juicy for my blog.”
I snapped at her immediately.
“You're kidding me......................... you want to take my personal affair to your blog?”
I asked angrily.
“Like I said, I am only doing my job.” She replied.
Tutu walked closer to us, and asked.
“What's going on here?”

Tega quickly sensed that Tutu could pick a quarrel with her, she quickly bid me goodbye, hopped into her car and zoomed off.
“Who is Vivian?” Tutu asked.
“Oh, you heard her?”
“I heard everything”
Angrily, I opened the gate and walked in.

Story continues

Click the https// link below to get the complete E-book Or msg 09093983442
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Abosede512(f): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Blackween(f): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
You dont take card?
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 6:00am On Dec 18, 2020
Blackween:
You dont take card?

Initially i do not. But for those who had requested that i do, u can msg it to the digit above.
For any1 who will, MTN airtime pls.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tutu who was concentrating on her phone turned to us to see what was going on between us, then the lady continued.

“Have been itching to ask you, how do you feel to know that Dapo-Davies's fiancée is already pregnant in the state.”
I stared at her still speechless.
“Oh............ you don't know that Vivian is pregnant? Not just pregnant, but heavily pregnant.”
I knew she could be very right because have heard Dapo made a mention of Vivian before then.
I took a step to walk away from her, but she stood my way.
“I found your story very juicy for my blog.”
I snapped at her immediately.
“You're kidding me......................... you want to take my personal affair to your blog?”
I asked angrily.
“Like I said, I am only doing my job.” She replied.
Tutu walked closer to us, and asked.
“What's going on here?”

Tega quickly sensed that Tutu could pick a quarrel with her, she quickly bid me goodbye, hopped into her car and zoomed off.
“Who is Vivian?” Tutu asked.
“Oh, you heard her?”
“I heard everything”
Angrily, I opened the gate and walked in.

Few hours after, Tutu joined me on the sofa.
“Lola don't get yourself bothered about that intruder who called herself a blogger. I mean you already kept your distance from Dapo-Davies, so her news would only be a stale news.”
I nodded swiftly.
“I know, is just that I hate controversies, and people would always judge you.”
“Please ignore her. So how is your health now?”
“I feel better but, I still need some rest and that is why I closed from the office early.”
“That's better” Tutu muttered.
I put off my shirt and lay on the chair.

About two days after, i woke up one morning to prepare for work. But I was too weak to get up from the bed.
Tutu sat on a stool very close to the bed looking so worried.
“Lola, are you thinking same thing with me?”
“What are you thinking?” I asked sounding so weak.
“Lola, this fever has been on and off................early morning sickness like this is a sign of pregnancy.”

Immediately, I jerked forward on the bed.
“Pregnancy?”

Story continues.

Check the https:// link below to get the complete E-book. Or send a message to 09093983442
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Abosede512(f): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
Thanks for the update, nice one
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
Abosede512:
Thanks for the update, nice one

Many thanks !
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
About two days after, i woke up one morning to prepare for work. But I was too weak to get up from the bed. Tutu sat on a stool very close to the bed looking so worried.
“Lola, are you thinking same thing with me?”
“What are you thinking?” I asked sounding so weak.
“Lola, this fever has been on and off................early morning sickness like this is a sign of pregnancy.”

Immediately, I jerked forward on the bed.
“Pregnancy?” I uttered.
“Come off it Lola, you should know that...........wait a minute..............you and Dapo-Davies, you two have not been using protection?”
I stared at her looking lost.
“No nowwwwwww...........Lola how could you?”
Instantly, my eyes welled up with tears.
“Lola you don't need to cry now remember you are weak already.”
“Tutu I am in a big trouble.”
I sobbed as I spoke, she moved closer to me and held me closely to herself.
“No dear, don't talk like that, I suggest you take a pregnancy test first, thereafter, we will know what to do.” Tutu proposed.
I became so devastated.

A day after, I sat at the edge of the bathtub staring at the result of my pregnancy kit test.
I stood up gently and walked out of the bathroom.
Tutu whose anxiety has already mounted, quickly moved closer to me.
“Lola, how is it?”
In a very sober voice I answered her.
“It's positive.”
We both stared in silence. Shortly after Tutu broke the silence.
“Lola, I think you should go and see Dapo-Davies and tell him you are pregnant.”
“What? telling Dapo that I am pregnant is like making a fool of myself.”
“How do you mean?”
“Tutu, you know .......... I know ............ even the world knows that there is another woman in his life. A woman he is already engaged to, she is even pregnant already.”
“But Dapo-Davies can't deny this pregnancy either.”
“Oh please Tutu, I am not ready for such drama, I just hate publicity................. hell no.”
She sighed deeply before asking.
“So what do you intend to do now?”
“Tutu, I am getting rid of this pregnancy.”
She looked aghast as she spoke.
“Lola are you being serious?”

Story continues.

Check the https:// link below to get the complete E-book. Or msg 09093983442

1 Like

Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Adeola25(f): 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Abosede512(f): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
Many thanks to everyone who ordered for a copy of IN-BETWEEN

About two days after, i woke up one morning to prepare for work.
But I was too weak to get up from the bed . Tutu sat on a stool very close to the bed looking so worried.
"Lola, are you thinking same thing with me ?
"What are you thinking ?" I asked sounding so weak .

"Lola, this fever has been on and off................early morning sickness like this is a sign of pregnancy. "
Immediately , i jerked forward on the bed .
" Pregnancy ? " I uttered.
"Come off it Lola, you should know that...........wait a minute..............you and Dapo-Davies, you two have not been using protection ? "
I stared at her looking lost.
"No nowwwwwww...........Lola how could you ?

Instantly, my eyes welled up with tears.
"Lola you don't need to cry now. remember you are weak already. "

"Tutu am in a big trouble . "
I sobbed as i spoke, she moved closer to me and held me closely to herself .

" No dear, don't talk like that, i suggest you take a pregnancy test first, thereafter, we will know what to do . " Tutu proposed
I became so devastated.

A day after, i sat at the edge of the bathtub staring at the result of my pregnancy kit test .
I stood up gently and walked out of the bathroom.
Tutu whose anxiety has already mounted, quickly moved closer to me .
"Lola, how is it ? "
In a very sober voice i answered her.
" It's positive ."
We both stared in silence. Shortly after Tutu broke the silence .

"Lola, i think you should go and see Dapo-Davies and tell him you are pregnant. "
"What ? telling Dapo that am pregnant for him is like making a fool of myself . "
"How do you mean ? "
"Tutu, you know .......... i know ............ even the world knows that there is another woman in his life. A woman he is already engaged to, she is even pregnant already. "
"But Dapo-Davies can't deny this pregnancy either . "

"Oh please Tutu, am not just ready for such drama, i just hate publicity................. hell no ."
She sighed deeply before asking .
"So what do you intend to do now ? "

"Tutu, am getting rid of this pregnancy . "
She looked aghast as she spoke .
" Lola are you being serious ? "

"What do you mean if am being serious ? Tutu i don't want to be a home breaker. Dapo's fiancee is said to be heavily pregnant. the whole world will point accusing fingers at me. "

"But............. "
She tried to speak, while I cut in
"Tutu, there is no But i had better save myself the embarrassment. ........
am getting rid of this pregnancy period. "

It was midnight. Tutu noticed i wasn't sleeping deeply, she drew my attention to have a word with me.
" Lola how are you feeling ? "
"Am okay " I responded

"Lola, have been having a bad feeling about your intention of getting rid of this pregnancy. "

"What about it ? " I asked

"Lola, am really pessimistic about it. What if something goes wrong . "

"Tutu, you can think of anything......... my mind is made up already. "

Check the https:// link below to get the complete E-book. Or msg 09093983442
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Many thanks to everyone who ordered for a copy of IN-BETWEEN.

It was midnight. Tutu noticed I wasn't sleeping deeply, she drew my attention to have a word with me.
“Lola how are you feeling?”
“I am okay” I responded.
“Lola, it’s about your intention of getting rid of this pregnancy.”

“What about it?” I asked.

“Lola, I am really pessimistic about it. What if something goes wrong.”

“Tutu, you can think of anything......... my mind is made up already.”

I got down from the bed and walked away from her, she watched me looking so worried and at a loss of words.

The next morning, I woke up and couldn't find Tutu anywhere around the house.

I lay down in the living room, feeling dizzy.

I heard the sound of the gate been opened, but didn't bother to check, thinking it was Tutu.

Shortly, the doorbell chimed. I got up and opened the door.

Shockingly, I saw Dapo standing before me.

Check the https:// blue link below to get the complete E-book. Or msg 09093983442
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Abosede512(f): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Nice one, thanks for the update
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Inkopere: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Thanks, we appreciate
Re: In - Between ( A Fictional Story) by Fentasy: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
Appreciate everyone who ordered for a copy of IN-BETWEEN ebook

Excerpts from the rest of the story.

“Temilola, I have come to love you more than you could think. just a little space for me in your heart and I will prove this to you.”

I looked away from him, and couldn’t respond.

He moved closer still on his chair.

“Ok....................... right now, may be you shouldn't see me as a boss, but as a friend.”

Check the https:// link below to get d complete E-book Or msg 09093983442

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Baby And Me - A Crime Story / The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.