Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating (33410 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 / Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Goovo(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
Fuckthamods:
Mikel 4/10? shocked
How come
That 4 be like 10/10 for my eyes oooo.. Op u sure say no be 0.4 u be wan type?
haba, pity Mikel small na grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by SalC: 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
djoe21:
I agree with most of the ratings. Aina is my Man of the Match; but please reduce Akpeyi to like 3/10. Did he catch any ball?
Yes he did but he wasn't exactly impressive

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by lonelydora: 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
Goovo:
you forgot Chukwueze

Yes so. He's my man of the match

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by deji17: 10:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
How you can rate a Goalkeeper that kept a clean slate, 1 or 3 / 10 baffles me. He made some good saves in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
deji17:
How you can rate a Goalkeeper that kept a clean slate, 1 or 3 / 10 baffles me. He made some good saves in my opinion.

Dont mind Nigerians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Akowemoon(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
jeeqaa7:
I rate Mikel and akpeyi -1/10
U try for that - 1/10 self... Na-10/10 be my oya rate, baba just occupy space doing nothing... Abeg make I no see that guy for pitch next match again
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Clevite(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
GistFullGround:
Meanwhile,

GUINEA 2 - MADAGASCAR 2

Game is still on...
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by hary158: 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
in Samuel chukwueze, Nigeria has a potential global super star..the boy is good

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by openmine(m): 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
THE REAL MAN OF THE MATCH
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Iamgrey5(m): 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
Nigeria tops group after first round of match.
We are likely to qualify after our second game

Good start boys !
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by oluwasegun007(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
It's obvious the O. P watched the match... Good rating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by ollams1(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Well play guys.. next match
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by pojophilius(m): 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
djoe21:
I agree with most of the ratings. Aina is my Man of the Match; but please reduce Akpeyi to like 3/10. Did he catch any ball?
the shot off target he was unnecessary catching nko

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by flames01: 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
djoe21:

Yes he did
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Cmanforall: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
djoe21:
The guy tried.
But they gave Ndidi MOTM

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Cmanforall: 11:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
djoe21:
The guy tried.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by BabaIbo: 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
Abeg who is the official man of the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Cmanforall: 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
BabaIbo:
Abeg who is the official man of the match?
Ndidi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by BabaIbo: 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
Cmanforall:
Ndidi

Alright, thanks
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Victorclean1: 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
Whoever rated this players is purely on His own. No source. I will rate my own soon .
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by biggyG(m): 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
Jarus:
Nigeria escaped what would have been a shocker with a narrow victory over Burundi tonight. For some of us that expected Burundi to give us a tough time, it was not unexpected.

Here is how the players performed

1. AKPEYI: He made 2 fantastic saves despite being jittery for the better part of the game. He did not show much confidence in the game. 6/10

2. SHEHU: The Bursaspor defender made some daring runs in the first few minutes and did largely well for the time he won on the field before injury forced him out. 6/10

3. EKONG: Made a couple of decent clearances but largely unimpressive. He was beaten by the Burundi attackers several times, both on air and on the ground. It is difficult to rate him high due the number of clear scoring opportunities the Burundians had. 5/10

4. OMERUO: Can also not be absolved of the blame for the chances the Burundi forwards got in the match, but the better of the two central defenders. He also made a good attempt at goal from a dead ball situation. Looks like he is still Nigeria's best defender at the moment. 6/10

5. AINA: Man of the match. He showed a lot of improvement from when he first joined the Super Eagles when his displays in the pre-Russia 2018 friendlies justified why he did not make the final team to Russia. It appears Torino has refined him better as he played with more confidence, more precision, and helping both attack and defence. His backheel that turned assist for the final goal was world class. 8/10

6. NDIDI: The DM showed some class, but he struggled with the power of the Burundian midfielders at some point. Mikel's lack of mobility in his front put some pressure on him. He also couldn't push forward to take the ferocious shots he occasionally takes. More was expected of him as one of the most highly rated DMs in England. 6/10

7. ETEBO: The central midfielder could not stamp much authority in the midfield. Needs to do more in passing ability. His physicality was however helpful for the equally strong Burundi defenders. 5/10

8. MIKEL: The old man spent most of the time falling on the field. He did cause a couple of free kicks for Nigeria in the process but not a better option to using ball well. His long pass accuracy was also suspect. He did not do much from the attacking midfield position he was put. 4/10

9. CHUKWUEZE: He troubled the Burundi defenders and proved very entertaining, but his final ball was poor. He also missed a clear chance in the first half. He still needs to refine his game. He brought sparks to the game but he needs to use the ball better and play more purposeful football 7/10

10. IWOBI: The Arsenal man started from the wings but his best game was when he moved to the midfield on Mikel's exit. His game also got better when Musa got into the game. He was unselfish and did try, but he needs to also do better with shooting. 6.5/10

11. ONUACHU: Made like 3 shots on goal in the first 30 minutes but not much was seen of him afterwards. He also did try to drop and collect ball. He didn't do much to justify that he deserves to be Nigeria's starting center forward. 4.5/10

SUBS

12. AWAZIEM: Came in for injured Shehu. Did fairly well to keep the impressive Burundi attack at bay. 6/10

13. MUSA: Came into the 58th minute. He replaced Mikel who was ineffective in the attacking midfield position with Iwobi moved to the AM position and Musa operating from the right flank. Musa's entry created more spark and threat in Eagles' attack. He showed class and did make a good attempt at goal. He also combined well with Iwobi and made some long balls to Ighalo. 7.5/10

14. IGHALO: Came in for Onuachu in the 73rd minute and scored the all-important goal in less than 5 minutes. He also made a couple of shots at goal. His finish deserves commendation as some strikers could have hit that ball at the keeper given the closeness of the space. 7.5/10

Overall, not a bad game. The most important thing is Nigeria got the maximum point. It was not going to be an easy game. Some of these teams we referred to as small continue to give top teams tough time.

Mikel tried na onachu and Akpeyi should be 1.5 and Musa like 4/10 mikel at least 5.5/10

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Chukalemon(m): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
I don't think we have a goalkeeper yet.cause if continue with akpeyi as our first choice goalkeeper.i think we will be heading to our early exit at the afcon

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
Jarus:
Nigeria escaped what would have been a shocker with a narrow victory over Burundi tonight. For some of us that expected Burundi to give us a tough time, it was not unexpected.

Here is how the players performed

1. AKPEYI: He made 2 fantastic saves despite being jittery for the better part of the game. He did not show much confidence in the game. 6/10

2. SHEHU: The Bursaspor defender made some daring runs in the first few minutes and did largely well for the time he won on the field before injury forced him out. 6/10

3. EKONG: Made a couple of decent clearances but largely unimpressive. He was beaten by the Burundi attackers several times, both on air and on the ground. It is difficult to rate him high due the number of clear scoring opportunities the Burundians had. 5/10

4. OMERUO: Can also not be absolved of the blame for the chances the Burundi forwards got in the match, but the better of the two central defenders. He also made a good attempt at goal from a dead ball situation. Looks like he is still Nigeria's best defender at the moment. 6/10

5. AINA: Man of the match. He showed a lot of improvement from when he first joined the Super Eagles when his displays in the pre-Russia 2018 friendlies justified why he did not make the final team to Russia. It appears Torino has refined him better as he played with more confidence, more precision, and helping both attack and defence. His backheel that turned assist for the final goal was world class. 8/10

6. NDIDI: The DM showed some class, but he struggled with the power of the Burundian midfielders at some point. Mikel's lack of mobility in his front put some pressure on him. He also couldn't push forward to take the ferocious shots he occasionally takes. More was expected of him as one of the most highly rated DMs in England. 6/10

7. ETEBO: The central midfielder could not stamp much authority in the midfield. Needs to do more in passing ability. His physicality was however helpful for the equally strong Burundi defenders. 5/10

8. MIKEL: The old man spent most of the time falling on the field. He did cause a couple of free kicks for Nigeria in the process but not a better option to using ball well. His long pass accuracy was also suspect. He did not do much from the attacking midfield position he was put. 4/10

9. CHUKWUEZE: He troubled the Burundi defenders and proved very entertaining, but his final ball was poor. He also missed a clear chance in the first half. He still needs to refine his game. He brought sparks to the game but he needs to use the ball better and play more purposeful football 7/10

10. IWOBI: The Arsenal man started from the wings but his best game was when he moved to the midfield on Mikel's exit. His game also got better when Musa got into the game. He was unselfish and did try, but he needs to also do better with shooting. 6.5/10

11. ONUACHU: Made like 3 shots on goal in the first 30 minutes but not much was seen of him afterwards. He also did try to drop and collect ball. He didn't do much to justify that he deserves to be Nigeria's starting center forward. 4.5/10

SUBS

12. AWAZIEM: Came in for injured Shehu. Did fairly well to keep the impressive Burundi attack at bay. 6/10

13. MUSA: Came into the 58th minute. He replaced Mikel who was ineffective in the attacking midfield position with Iwobi moved to the AM position and Musa operating from the right flank. Musa's entry created more spark and threat in Eagles' attack. He showed class and did make a good attempt at goal. He also combined well with Iwobi and made some long balls to Ighalo. 7.5/10

14. IGHALO: Came in for Onuachu in the 73rd minute and scored the all-important goal in less than 5 minutes. He also made a couple of shots at goal. His finish deserves commendation as some strikers could have hit that ball at the keeper given the closeness of the space. 7.5/10

Overall, not a bad game. The most important thing is Nigeria got the maximum point. It was not going to be an easy game. Some of these teams we referred to as small continue to give top teams tough time.

my own....

Aina

Chukwueze very important..

Iwobi..

Shehu...

Etebo

Musa .

The keeper

Ighalo...

NB Mikel tried also but that I'm a star syndrome still needs to be cured... ����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by CoolJulian: 12:09am On Jun 23, 2019
@ OP, stop rating players here cos you don't know how.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 23, 2019
Juventus4life:
Iwobi was the man of the match for Nigeria
and the overall Man of the match for both countries is brundi Razack that guy with Jersey N0 7
I agree the guy played well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Marcobos: 12:49am On Jun 23, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
THE REAL MAN OF THE MATCH
How can we be having people like this acting movies for us to watch. I will never watch Nigerian movies again untill they wipe away all the pot belly actors and their big show actresses who are not sexy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by jeroncomputers(m): 1:09am On Jun 23, 2019
Indeed, it was a narrow escape
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Freestainworld(m): 4:58am On Jun 23, 2019
Akpei was the biggest flop of the night, he was playing as if its a monkey post, they should remove that guy and put a better keeper.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by ogawisdom(m): 5:20am On Jun 23, 2019
Chukwueze is my man of the match

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by femi4: 5:23am On Jun 23, 2019
deji17:
he could have cost us twice in the same match. You rate his overall performance not no of saves.

The clean slate was full of blemishes
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by legendsilver(m): 5:51am On Jun 23, 2019
How will you give Iwobi 6.5 guy? Are you sure we watched the same game? Iwobi was our best player on the pitch

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel Dennis Becomes 3rd Nigerian To Score Vs Real Madrid In Champions League / Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Celebrates With Fans (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.