Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating (33408 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by oxygen247(m): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2019
Bigrimanna should be the overall man of the match. Guy dominated the midfield like a field marshal.

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Kc3000: 6:01am On Jun 23, 2019
I thought Iwobi was the man of the match. That goalkeeper is a walking disaster. Dude couldn't handle any shots cleanly and he was diving at shots that were clearly no where close to the post. Last time I saw him keeping for the Eagles he was the same way; making all sorts of inexcusable mistakes.

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by DeRay98(m): 6:05am On Jun 23, 2019
djoe21:
I agree with most of the ratings. Aina is my Man of the Match; but please reduce Akpeyi to like 3/10. Did he catch any ball?

If you criticise someone for failings you should also acknowledge where they did right else, you're hating.
The best and first chance of the game for Burundi was a within 6yards point blank shot but Akpeyi saved and follow up to catch the spill. That was the best save of the match.

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2019
Victorclean1:
Whoever rated this players is purely on His own. No source. I will rate my own soon .

What source? For a match I watched with my eyes?

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 23, 2019
biggyG:

Mikel tried na onachu and Akpeyi should be 1.5 and Musa like 4/10 mikel at least 5.5/10

1.5 for a keeper that kept clean sheet?

Musa below Mikel, are you sure you watched the game?

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 23, 2019
CoolJulian:
@ OP, stop rating players here cos you don't know how.

I have been doing Player Rating on Nairaland 6 years before you joined NL

https://www.nairaland.com/1170530/player-rating-nigeria-vs-burkina

I'm the official NL Player Rater of 7 years standing.

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by DeRay98(m): 6:13am On Jun 23, 2019
HisMajesty1:
Chukwueze is a skillful and confident player but he'so selfish. He doesn't like to pass to free players after making some dribbles and clearance.
Odion and Musa must start next game... Mikel, Onuachu and Iwobi should go and rest. Aina played good football.

The bolded is exactly my observation, the praise on him is getting into his head and he played very selfish and immaturedly.
He was supposed to create chances for Onuachu but he kept the ball too long until they crowded him out.
This is the same way Okocha started in 1993/94 hence, Westerhof had bench him to limit his playing time so that he could value every minute I gets on the pitch.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by worldclass68(m): 6:21am On Jun 23, 2019
djoe21:
I agree with most of the ratings. Aina is my Man of the Match; but please reduce Akpeyi to like 3/10. Did he catch any ball?

Chai some people wicked die hennn
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by philkoms: 6:32am On Jun 23, 2019
I think Ezenwa is the keeper out those 3 we have in the camp.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Joshmodest(m): 6:41am On Jun 23, 2019
Jarus:

In Erigga's voice * you say you don blow , how come we are unaware * - I'm not referring to you op I just remembered the lyrics !!

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 6:54am On Jun 23, 2019
femi4:
he could have cost us twice in the same match. You rate his overall performance not no of saves.

The clean slate was full of blemishes
and at the same time he saved us the embarrassment of conceding a one on one goal from d Burundians
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Skix(m): 6:56am On Jun 23, 2019
Up eagles �
����
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Okeyworlu: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2019
Una no see goal Mikel miss...head ball tro way...Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Indispensable85(m): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2019
Akpeyi should be 0/10 please!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by MrFly(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2019
Whoever rated Mikel 4/10 is sentimental. In the 44th minute, he was given the ball in the final third with 2 to beat 3, instead of playing a through ball to Onuachu, he fell woefully to the ground unchallenged. He should be rated one out of ten.. Mind u since ä00o he debuted at the nations cup against zimbabwe he has never played well for d national team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by MrFly(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2019
Whoever rated Mikel 4/10 is sentimental. In the 44th minute, he was given the ball in the final third with 2 to beat 3, instead of playing a through ball to Onuachu, he fell woefully to the ground unchallenged. He should be rated one out of ten..
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by UC0UC(m): 8:49am On Jun 23, 2019
Chukwueze ,Ola Aina and Iwobi were superb. Chukwueze have nice football control and movement.

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Magnifico2000: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2019
Why didn't onazi make this list? If Mikel can make that list then onazi should make it too. They arent really playing well now. We still need a creative midfielder/attacker just like how ronaldinho is to Brazil, zidane is to France, hazard to Chelsea, etc. The only talented player I'm seeing now is chukweze.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by EduColombo(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2019
djoe21:
Did you see the match at All?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by fx45(m): 9:32am On Jun 23, 2019
Jarus:

Your rating is suspect and probably based on emotions. Akpeyi saved a point blank shot at goal, kept a clean sheet and you still rated him 3/10? Based on what? By the way, Mikel wasn't bad considering he was played out of position. His hold up game was on point.

Burundi isn't a walkover. They played well as a unit. I believe our boys will get better and more cohesive as the tournament progresses. Good we got the three points. The pressure will be less going forward

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2019
fx45:
Your rating is suspect and probably based on emotions. Akpeyi saved a point blank shot at goal, kept a clean sheet and you still rated him 3/10? Based on what? By the way, Mikel wasn't bad considering he was played out of position. His hold up game was on point.

Burundi isn't a walkover. They played well as a unit. I believe our boys will get better and more cohesive as the tournament progresses. Good we got the three points. The pressure will be less going forward

You are blind. Go and read my post again.

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Electronzeez(m): 10:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Mikel should be rated 2/10. We dont need a dangote on the field but a player .too sluggish .

If it was to be a local coach Mikel would not have been substituted. For that unique reason I am beginning to have confidence in rohr .
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by djoe21(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
EduColombo:

Did you see the match at All?

Is this supposed to be a rhetorical question?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by djoe21(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
DeRay98:

If you criticise someone for failings you should also acknowledge where they did right else, you're hating.
The best and first chance of the game for Burundi was a within 6yards point blank shot but Akpeyi saved and follow up to catch the spill. That was the best save of the match.

That is why he has 3. Otherwise, it would have been 1/10 undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by femi4: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Ayanfeoluxyz:
and at the same time he saved us the embarrassment of conceding a one on one goal from d Burundians
That's why the performance is above average .

He saved 1 and almost gave two away
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by djoe21(m): 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
pojophilius:

the shot off target he was unnecessary catching nko

grin grin grin I no fit laugh abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by djoe21(m): 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
DeRay98:

That is why he has 3. It could have been 1/10. undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by djoe21(m): 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
SalC:

Yes he did but he wasn't exactly impressive

Why he is getting 3 from me.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by djoe21(m): 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
mbhs139:

6.5 for Ìwobi is also small

Yes he played well when he moved into Mikel's position in the second half.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nightking04(m): 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Chukwueze gets a "seven", while Ndidi gets a "six"? Football isn't about making runs that don't produce any results, if not, Dembele would be the best in the world.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nightking04(m): 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
djoe21:

Is this supposed to be a rhetorical question?
I don't think he meant it to be one. He saved a screamer early in the game when Nigeria was too busy passing the ball like Sarri's chelsea.

Emmanuel Dennis Becomes 3rd Nigerian To Score Vs Real Madrid In Champions League / Victor Osimhen Celebrates With Fans (Video) / Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos)