Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects (26314 Views)

Bola Tinubu, Abdullahi Sule And Sanwo-Olu Visit Collapse Bulding Site (Photos) / Osinbajo, Sanwo-Olu, Ambode At The Lagos State University Convocation Today / Osinbajo, Sanwo, Others Take APC Door-to-door Campaign To Kosofe, Lagos - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by AutoReportNG: 12:18am On Jun 23, 2019
Efforts to decongest ports in Lagos State have been intensified, with a visit to Apapa by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Saturday.

The visit to Apapa was seen as a pointer to the readiness of the Federal Government to work with the Lagos government in finding lasting solution to the gridlock that has become an eyesore along the nation’s busiest ports.

Prof. Osinbajo, who is also the Executive Chairman of the Presidential Taskforce on the Apapa Traffic Gridlock, said the decongestion of the Apapa port and its environ remained the focus of the Federal Government, noting that the visit to the port was prompted by the need to assess the level of work being done towards solving the quagmire.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-rji_zYLI-qg/XQ61BPKBWfI/AAAAAAAAc-Q/sui-OL8DSogUyJ2EclF6nNxn-0SqvSsAQCLcBGAs/s1600/65141423_10216124942010283_7272618777437536256_n.jpg[/img]

He said: “There are several aspects of the task that has to be done in decongesting the port. There have been a lot of infrastructure projects around the Lagos ports initiated by the Federal Government. Some of these projects have been completed; a lot are still ongoing. However, clearing the roads of trailers and oil tankers is the major issue that is of concern to the people. The good news is, there is a considerable improvement in this regard.

“The Mile 2 end of the Apapa axis is where there is some difficulty, but I assure you that in the next couple of days, it will be resolved, given the operation of Tin Can Island Trailer Park and the palliative work going on all the way down to Mile 2. We can all see that the entry to the ports is essentially clear.

“There are short term, mid and long term measures we are putting in place. One of our long-term measures is to decongest the cargo traffic coming in and out of the ports. Apapa port is meant to take 34 million metric tons, but it is currently doing over 80 million metric tons today. There is certainly a need to find an alternative and to expand.”

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Xj-oOHXiiR4/XQ61Ci-MARI/AAAAAAAAc-c/aW0G6Oq-7kYkIs5dtSou_v0CuhtdhuDVgCLcBGAs/s1600/65304597_10216124942690300_2681890575916990464_n.jpg[/img]

Osinbajo disclosed that there was an ongoing dredging of the Warri port in Delta State, as part of the efforts to decongest cargo traffic in Lagos ports. He added that standard gauge currently being constructed by the government from Lagos to Kano would be useful in the decongestion efforts in Lagos ports.

“We should be able to get cargos out of the Apapa port, using the rail. The NPA is using barges at the moment. This is a very busy port and congestion is caused largely by constraint of space. In sustaining the effort, we are improving the capacity of other ports across the country and then improve the infrastructure around these ports,” the Vice President said.

Lagos government expressed satisfaction with the Federal Government’s effort to solve the traffic congestion around Apapa occasioned by influx of cargo and heavy-duty vehicles.

Governor Sanwo-Olu said his administration would be ever ready to complement any effort by the Federal Government to ensure decongestion of the area in order to ease the pains of residents and businesses.

Also in the Federal Government’s team during the visit to Apapa included the Managing Director, Nigerian Port Authority (NPA), Mrs Hadiza Bala Usman, Executive Vice Chairman of the Presidential Taskforce on the Apapa Traffic Gridlock, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, Director General of the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA), Engr. Adedamola Kuti, and members of Nigerian Shippers’ Council, among others.

Some of the projects inspected by the Vice President and Gov. Sanwo-Olu included the rehabilitation of Creek and Coconut Roads, cargo terminals, and Tin Can Trailer Park recently built by the Federal Government, among others.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Khf09PHPQyQ/XQ608z7rGQI/AAAAAAAAc90/HeUGfdR-g24KbLKxEC59yHI0DXy0XOe2ACLcBGAs/s1600/64745323_10216124955970632_1129817093110235136_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-CEv_EC5PI2Q/XQ60-QfKMDI/AAAAAAAAc98/NbEGmTOficYk9bbCnLIaGbcsgIXo1L_2ACLcBGAs/s1600/64997751_10216124951490520_8481906200181473280_n.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/06/gridlock-osinbajo-sanwo-olu-visit-apapa.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by AutoReportNG: 12:19am On Jun 23, 2019
Eko oni baje..

See more images of the new Apapa bridge here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/06/gridlock-osinbajo-sanwo-olu-visit-apapa.html

4 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Ishilove: 1:28am On Jun 23, 2019
Story story. Less talk, more action!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Racoon(m): 4:54am On Jun 23, 2019
Abeg leave any palliative work on this Mile 2-Coconut-Tin Can road and do total overhauling.Meanwhile, abeg concentrate efforts on the Mile 2-Badagry axis.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by uzohrome(m): 6:02am On Jun 23, 2019
Almost 5 years federal government still dredging Warri port. Scam of the highest. I like Sanwo sha. Na action man

1 Like

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Amuocha: 6:17am On Jun 23, 2019
He also visited with Ambode

4 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by rooftech: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2019
have they told the vice president that all the check points in the port collect truck drivers as much as 60k to access the ports and also vice versa before returning empty containers and also they delay by terminal operators is biting

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Lanretoye(m): 8:37am On Jun 23, 2019
two mere commissioners.
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by tstx(m): 9:44am On Jun 23, 2019
Osibanjo is the most active Vice president Nigeria has ever produced... May the God he serve bless him

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568) no advance payment

9 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Pulsenaija: 9:44am On Jun 23, 2019
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by chudez0147(m): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2019
God bless. You Sir
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by idonhammer: 9:47am On Jun 23, 2019
I thought they said osibanjo travelled to USA to meet with pence?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by lmm4real: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2019
He has denied the apapa 6weeks clearing, let's see if he also denies the minimum wage promise too.

Governance is no easy job oo grin
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by GreatManBee: 9:53am On Jun 23, 2019
idonhammer:
This visit was yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by ijabiken1(m): 9:54am On Jun 23, 2019
Amuocha:
He also visited with Ambode
guy u no dey see well,were did u see ambode,ambode as ran out of the country since he left office

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by ijabiken1(m): 9:57am On Jun 23, 2019
idonhammer:
my brother I tire o,bcus me too I read it o,that they said he will be back to the country on Thursday, that is meeting USA vice president pence

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by uuzba(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2019
tstx:
Osibanko is the most active Vice president Nigeria has ever produced... May the God he serve bless him

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568) no advance payment
There's only one God.
If you are not worshipping him, then you are surely worshipping devil. These are the only choices.
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Hotfreezers: 10:36am On Jun 23, 2019
Please, any hope for those under bondage in Abia State?

6 Likes

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Aboguede(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2019
Only yesterday osi was in america

And just now he is in Lagos port

I dnt get it
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by wyqay: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2019
Please don't forget badagry expressway

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by sammyj: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2019
cool This is the biggest embarrassment of the century. The FG should be held responsible for this incompetent act not minding it's implications to the nation's economy. Hopefully they get it right this time around and not allow corruption set Inna's usual. shocked

1 Like

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by tstx(m): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2019
uuzba:

There's only one God.
If you are not worshipping him, then you are surely worshipping devil. These are the only choices.

Everybody (especially the hook line and sinker religionist) thinks his/her God is the one true God. When you get to the level God intends you to get to you will see that all that matters is the heart
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by MrBONE2(m): 11:22am On Jun 23, 2019
Joshua555:
See below

1 Like

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by simple250: 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
All the time they keep visiting with copper cheesy
Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by iluvdonjazzy: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
Lanretoye:
two mere commissioners.
who are now your governor and your President

1 Like

Re: Gridlock: Osinbajo, Sanwo-olu Visit Apapa, Inspect Ongoing Projects by Tywo2018: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Important visit. The Police Officer though, the way they stand ehnn. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Upholds Withdrawal Of Orji Kalu’s University Certificate / Fubara To Wike: "Whatever Happened Is In The Past, My Oga Remains My Oga" / Aregbesola And Fayose At The 20th Anniversary Of Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.