Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? (528 Views)

Was The Second Stanza Of National Anthem Made For Such A Time As This? / Going To Church Or Online/Broadcast Service — Which Do You Prefer? / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by BackllGodNaija: 8:51am On Jun 23, 2019
Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer Or Think Is The Most Relevant To Today's Nigeria?

"Arise Oh Compatriots" Or "Oh God Of Creation"?

I prefer the second stanza, "Oh God of Creation", because i think that despite being a prayer to God, it more or less addresses all of the various issues bedeviling Nigeria right now, therefore is the stanza more relevant to the nation as we speak. So i believe it was high time it usurped the first stanza as the number one, hence my making it the anthem of this project.

However that's my personal opinion on the matter, I'd also like to know yours. I have provided the national anthem below so you could examine both if need be and tell us which stanza you prefer for today's Nigeria and why you prefer it.

Arise, O Compatriots,
Nigeria 's call obey
To serve our Fatherland
With love and strength and faith.
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain,
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

O God of creation,
Direct our noble cause;
Guide our Leaders right:
Help our Youth the truth to know,
In love and honesty to grow,
And living just and true,
Great lofty heights attain,
To build a nation where peace and justice reign.

Thanks.

God bless Nigeria.

Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2019
Spain national anthem has no words and they are better than us .
Must we bring religion into everything
Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by ITbomb(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2019
I prefer "Nigeria, We hail thee"
Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by Davash222(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2019
To serve Nigeria with which strength Person wey never chop dey get strength
Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by Rednaxelot: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2019
“Arise Oh Compatriots” is a perfect National Anthem

“O God of Creation” is a perfect National Prayer
Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by Rednaxelot: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2019
Queenkofoworola:
Spain national anthem has no words and they are better than us .
Must we bring religion into everything
And how has Spain’s “no word anthem” made them better than US, Japan et al having anthem with words?
Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by Kdon2: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2019
BackllGodNaija:
Which National Anthem Do You Prefer Or Think Is The Most Relevant To Today's Nigeria?

Arise Oh Compatriots Or Oh God Of Creation?

I prefer the second national anthem and think that despite being a prayer to God is the more relevant one to Nigeria as we speak because it more or less addresses all of the various issues bedeviling the nation right now, and therefore opine that it was high time it usurped the first national anthem as the number one.

But that's my personal opinion, and I have provided the two national anthems below so you could tell us which one you prefer for today's Nigeria and why you prefer it.

Arise, O Compatriots,
Nigeria 's call obey
To serve our Fatherland
With love and strength and faith.
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain,
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

O God of creation,
Direct our noble cause;
Guide our Leaders right:
Help our Youth the truth to know,
In love and honesty to grow,
And living just and true,
Great lofty heights attain,
To build a nation where peace and justice reign.

Thank you.

Nigeria we hail thee is the best!
Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by princechurchill(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2019
None of the above

Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2019
Rednaxelot:
And how has Spain’s “no word anthem” made them better than US, Japan et al having anthem with words?
are you seriously asking me this question
Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by SUPERPACK: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2019
Oh God of creation is the second stanza of our nation anthem (arise o compatriot), or do you mean Nigeria we hail thee"

1 Like

Re: Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? by BackllGodNaija: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Oh God of creation is the second stanza of our nation anthem (arise o compatriot), or do you mean Nigeria we hail thee"
Thanks for the correction.

I have modified it.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Read Their Posts / The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths / Help, This Church Generator Smoke Is Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.