Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) (16915 Views)

Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days / Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general / 'Tinubu The Afonja': Reno Omokri Blasts Tinubu For Insulting Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by orisa37: 5:22am On Oct 04, 2019
Donald95:

I don't understand what you are saying bro but don't put light(Kanu) side by side with Buhari (Darkness) again please.

Where is Sowore?? Ndị Igbo Where brave enough to protest in multitude until Kanu got released. But cowards will never fight for their own. 10 years from now, people like TAO11 will come telling me how the fought and fought and conquered and so on for him to be released Co-wards

RA Okorocha recommends The Scraping of The House of Representatives. I agree.

Let us have a Plebiscite to approve full autonomy of
Police,
Resources and
Elections Control to our existing 36 Constitutional States and

increase Representative Senators to five (5) per State.

Okorocha is selflessly reasonable and I think Sowore, Kanu, Buhari, you and I will live happily, free and fair after.

No Tribe will be enslaved again and all unpalatable interfering of the Niger, Chad, Republics, other Arabs' States and Britain, America and Europe will reduce.

Okorocha's suggestion is outrightly amending the 1999 Decree we call Constitution. Let us amend it well and rightly by Plebiscite.

From Orunto27
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by orisa37: 5:24am On Oct 04, 2019
orisa37:

Police,
Resources and

Okorocha is selflessly reasonable and I think Sowore, Kanu, Buhari, you and I will live happily, free and fair after.

No Tribe will be enslaved again and all unpalatable interfering of the Niger, Chad, Republics, other Arabs' States and Britain, America and Europe will reduce.

Okorocha's suggestion is outrightly amending the 1999 Decree we call Constitution. Let us amend it well and rightly by Plebiscite.

From Orunto27
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Donald95(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2019
TAO11:

If only your disgraceful contradiction here was more insanely idiotic than it presently obviously is will you realize the quantum of jokes on you, right? grin grin grin

More like: Donald95 is not a boy but a stupid dirty slave biaf.raud boy. grin grin grin

How idiotic pigs of bafr.aud reason after drinking kerosene to stupor just leaves you agape.

The earlier you admit you're dumb, the better for you. In other words, you lose either ways unfortunately. cheesy

A little word of advice: Stop Drinking Kerosene!

TAO11:

If only your disgraceful contradiction here was more insanely idiotic than it presently obviously is will you realize the quantum of jokes on you, right? grin grin grin

More like: Donald95 is not a boy but a stupid dirty slave biaf.raud boy. grin grin grin

How idiotic pigs of bafr.aud reason after drinking kerosene to stupor just leaves you agape.

The earlier you admit you're dumb, the better for you. In other words, you lose either ways unfortunately. cheesy

TAO11:

Make a Valid Argument boy. Afonja handed Illorin to Fulani and there is nothing you online rant can do about it. Go to Emir of Illorin let him ask sultan the time to start looking for the moon tongue

1 Like

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Donald95(m): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2019
orisa37:

Police,
Resources and

From Orunto27

Don't be deceived brother. Those Leaders or Senators or House of Representatives that keeps calling are just drama artists. They Know how to say those things nigerians wants to hear in other to deceive nigerians the more. Don't fall victim.

Look at our Electricity. Good luck said privatization will breed competition and improve power but look at where we are today.

Buhari denied increasing VAT at first but look at where we are today as it had been doubled and Yet FG can't pay Corpers the approved 30k.

Nigeria can't be good again. We are doing leadership turn by turn instead of voting in the right people. Biafra is what we need. U Yorubas and Hausas can continue una patching on dead Nigeria
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by TAO11(f): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2019
Donald95:

Make a Valid Argument boy. Afonja handed Illorin to Fulani and there is nothing you online rant can do about it. Go to Emir of Illorin let him ask sultan the time to start looking for the moon tongue

You really must have convinced yourself and your fellow barbarians that you're the Chief Goalpost Shifter of Bia.fraudland. grin cheesy grin

Anyways I'm glad you just admitted and conceded to be a dumb retard as per your insanely idiotic howler that Afonja was a king.

The fact that you had to disgracefully, reluctantly deflect to a question of what online Yorubas may do about Ilorin which was at no time the subject of your exchange with me makes it palpably perceptible that you just admitted to have bungled when you noted that Afonja was a King.

However, I request that you first expressly admit your failure on your current exchange with me (i.e. your remark that Afonja was a king). cheesy cheesy

After which we may then move on to the fresh and separate question of what online Yorubas may do about Ilorin (which you're now trying to bring up as a coverup for your blatant dumbass howler). grin grin

You bungled! And my simple advice is as follows:

Stop Drinking Kerosene

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Donald95(m): 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
TAO11:

You really must have convinced yourself and your fellow barbarians that you're the Chief Goalpost Shifter of Bia.fraudland. grin cheesy grin

Anyways I'm glad you just admitted and conceded to be a dumb retard as per your insanely idiotic howler that Afonja was a king.

The fact that you had to disgracefully, reluctantly deflect to a question of what online Yorubas may do about Ilorin which was at no time the subject of your exchange with me makes it palpably perceptible that you just admitted to have bungled when you noted that Afonja was a King.

However, I request that you first expressly admit your failure on your current exchange with me (i.e. your remark that Afonja was a king). cheesy cheesy

After which we may then move on to the fresh and separate question of what online Yorubas may do about Ilorin (which you're now trying to bring up as a coverup for your blatant dumbass howler). grin grin

You bungled! And my simple advice is as follows:

Stop Drinking Kerosene

Emir of Yellow bar tongue

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by TAO11(f): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
Donald95:

Emir of Yellow bar tongue

Stop distracting from the issue.

The issue remains that you bungled when you noted that Afonja was a king.

As if that bungle was not enough, you then went further to make another dumbass insanely idiotic contradiction.

Now, that is the subject of your exchange with me. So, stop running away after I gave you what you asked for grin cheesy

You must stop drinking kerosene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by mercyville: 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Cosbyrich:
Quick Facts:
Oyo empire started around 1300 CE and lasted more than 500 years.

Oyo Empire was undefeated unitl its decline.

A minute part of Yoruba...Ibadan defeated the massive population of army of Fulani,Hausa,Gambari etc at Jalumi War.

Ewe in Ghana,The Great Dahomey Kingdom;Republic of Benin,The Fons etc were all vassals of The OYO Empire. and they were all paying tribute to The Oyo Empire.

grin

OSUs were learning how to wear clothes until 1950.
So sad grin

4 Likes

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Donald95(m): 6:38am On Oct 22, 2019
mercyville:
So sad grin
What is this one saying?
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Donald95(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2019
kayusely70:
A distorted narrative of what actually happened

I never made any changes on the history. Check the reference link
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Donald95(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2019
forgiveness:
You are definitely a combined novice and ignoramus.
I resemble you?
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Gabriel004: 7:53am On Feb 23, 2020
How can human being be sacrificed to useless gods in igbo land. OSU is a bad thing. They are never happy when you call them osu.

Donald95 are you proud of your osu heritage?

1 Like

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by johnw47: 1:01am On Mar 27, 2020

goodbooksafrica

goodbooksafrica are spammers, they get your email from the web
and send you emails weekly

if you want to unsubscribe they give you a couple of ways to unsubscribe
but alas when you do so, they ignore you and keep spamming

goodbooksafrica and any other names they may go by are spammers-criminals
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by johnw47: 2:24am On Apr 12, 2020
goodbooksafrica

is a scammer, spammer, crook
he sells your phone number, email address, etc.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by johnw47: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
^^^ also known as sunshine bookseller nigeria
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by kayusely70(m): 3:41pm On May 01, 2020
Afonja was a perfidy personalised blinded by his inordinate, vaulting ambition.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by plessis: 1:18am On Jul 14, 2020
Bump
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by orisa37: 2:56am On Jul 14, 2020
HALF TRUTH.

AOLE DIDN'T CURSE NOBODY. HE MERELY EXPRESSED HIS FRUSTRATION ON WHAT AFONJA DID
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:
You should know that emir was eventually entrolled again by the British after realising that the Yorubas are a much difficult bunch to control, unlike the Fulanis.

They even forced them into the northern region, despite the protest from ilorin people againsr the idea

Evidence; Even in towns very close to ilorin In Kwara state like Offa, there is still a Yoruba king known as the olofa of ofa till date.
lol, you did not pay rapt attention in your Government class, especially when you were in SS3 3rd term, i make exception if you were a science student in school. The yorubas were never difficult to control. It was the igbos because they never had a leader, it was called an ACEPHALOUS society. The society was divided into groups and age grades. Youths, children and elder
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
LebenNG:

lol, you did not pay rapt attention in your Government class, especially when you were in SS3 3rd term, i make exception if you were a science student in school. The yorubas were never difficult to control. It was the igbos because they never had a leader, it was called an ACEPHALOUS society. The society was divided into groups and age grades. Youths, children and elder
please go above your SS3 class and make more research.

Thanks.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:
You should know that emir was eventually entrolled again by the British after realising that the Yorubas are a much difficult bunch to control, unlike the Fulanis.

They even forced them into the northern region, despite the protest from ilorin people againsr the idea

Evidence; Even in towns very close to ilorin In Kwara state like Offa, there is still a Yoruba king known as the olofa of ofa till date.
lol, you did not pay rapt attention in your Government class, especially when you were in SS3 3rd term, i make exception if you were a science student in school. The yorubas were never difficult to control. It was the igbos because they never had a leader, it was called an ACEPHALOUS society. The society was divided into groups and age grades. Youths, children and elderly had different roles to play, which made it very, very difficult for the britons to control, thats why formal education took a long time before taking influence in the east. The hausa/fulani and yoribas were the favorite ones because, culturally respect is a very priced commodity which is bestowed to the elderly especially the emir and obas. The northerners view their emirs as demigod and mouthpiece of Allah, while the yorubas see the king as the mouthpiece of the gods, except the subjects can dethrone an oba whenever he erred by presenting an empty calabash which signifies rejection-thus he has to commit suicide. The yorubas were not hard to be used by the whites, better borrow your junior brother's Essential text book and enjoy. You don't need to be jumping to wikipedia for sources, sometimes paying attention in class or being exposed to issues prior their call-up questions can be very very useful.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
LebenNG:

lol, you did not pay rapt attention in your Government class, especially when you were in SS3 3rd term, i make exception if you were a science student in school. The yorubas were never difficult to control. It was the igbos because they never had a leader, it was called an ACEPHALOUS society. The society was divided into groups and age grades. Youths, children and elderly had different roles to play, which made it very, very difficult for the britons to control, thats why formal education took a long time before taking influence in the east. The hausa/fulani and yoribas were the favorite ones because, culturally respect is a very priced commodity which is bestowed to the elderly especially the emir and obas. The northerners view their emirs as demigod and mouthpiece of Allah, while the yorubas see the king as the mouthpiece of the gods, except the subjects can dethrone an oba whenever he erred by presenting an empty calabash which signifies rejection-thus he has to commit suicide. The yorubas were not hard to be used by the whites, better borrow your junior brother's Essential text book and enjoy. You don't need to be jumping to wikipedia for sources, sometimes paying attention in class or being exposed to issues prior their call-up questions can be very very useful.
As the time British arrived in Yoruba land, the Yorubas were involved in a civil war.

Ibadan fighting Ijaye, Ibadan fighting Egba and Ijebu and Ibadan fighting Ekiti Parapo.

It lead to several Yoruba groups chasing out the British because the British were caught in middle.

Like I told you earlier, stop reading secondary book textbooks and do more research on the internet for a change.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
abula112:
All this Osus sha leaving their osu stories and running to spread lies... igbos are for real weed, they are the problem of this country after d fulanis
why not them first?
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
Aidejay:
If u like post everything about Yorubas from the day God created them till today you will still die a Nigerian
And it's making me happy
where is the glory, man
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Uyomeyouyo:

How some dulllards think this will pain/worry Yorubas one bit is beyond me.

You care so much about my history and will stop at nothing researching it whereas I don't give a fcccck about yours - that is even if you have any.

Doesn't that already say who the boss is

My brother, pigiyistanars are a pathetic bunch, honestly.
Still is fulani not your master, tell the truth let the devil shame.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
Pearlyakin:

You are just a bigoted fool, i won't blame you i blame Gowon for not extertaminating your ancestors that birth you.
Do you igbos have any history at all ?
You were slaves to the Idomas, Tiv and Ijaws that's why you guys can't deny it when asari dokubo called your people slaves.
it does not hide the fact your a celebrated slave, channel your outbursts to your ancestors that failed you, i know how u feel.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by VictorUSA(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
I dont understand this story
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 9:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Pearlyakin:

Fool, you know nothing about history the ilorin Emirate was even very weak that after the death of Alimi and salami a yoruba balogun brought his stooge to become the emir, Ibadan defeated the fulanis in the oshogbo war, am sure you don't know that and if not for the coming of the British ilorin would have been conquered again.
You guys should be happy you never met the Fulani force before the Brits came they would have decimated your naked forefathers before Gowon did it during the Civil War.
Just as perfect as how they did urs, its painful but you go dey alright las las
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 9:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
Westtimeline:
Nice story. We would like to know about OSU dynasty. Even though I know about it. But will like to read from historian like you. When will that be grin
This thread is about you guys, why don't just enjoy the ride without clenching your fist all the tym.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by igboarenice: 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Whatever Yoruba's history is little compared to what Igbos faced during the Civil war.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by mp3ree: 9:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
Donald95:

This is a bitter Truth. It is the working of the curse.

If am from there, I will disown my parents and flee from Oyoruba

Stupidity is free,exhibiting it to the world is uncalled
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:
As the time British arrived in Yoruba land, the Yorubas were involved in a civil war.

Ibadan fighting Ijaye, Ibadan fighting Egba and Ijebu and Ibadan fighting Ekiti Parapo.

It lead to several Yoruba groups chasing out the British because the British were caught in middle.

Like I told you earlier, stop reading secondary book textbooks and do more research on the internet for a change.
Mr copy and paste, i wonder if u even crossed secondary school. Thats just basics, u failed. pick another mention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abia Curfew: De Latinos To Government "Save Our Livelihood, Means Of Survival" / Wike Kicks Against Police Postings / Smoked Fish Factory In Adazi-Nnukwu, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.