Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times (30772 Views)

Constitution Alteration Bill: 35 Items To Be Transmitted To Buhari For Assent / INEC Chairman Admits Sending Presidential Results To Central Server During Poll / VIDEO: INEC Chairman Admits Sending Presidential Results To Central Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by TruthinAction: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
They just can't swept the issue of server under the carpet. The INEC Chairman probably compromised the result under duress. This explained the long break he took while announcing the results of the presidential election. Such long break which lasted for almost a day points to election result manipulation.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Princedapace(m): 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
yakubu is a pure scam buhari is a bastard everybody knows that atiku won only bastard zombies APC aaslicker are saying otherwise atiku will reclaim his mandate

lol, Atiku won the election, the inec boss having series of meetings with Buhari and his men behind closed doors say a lot about the man. That was when they treated his Bleep up. He actually planned a free election but the cabals treated his past records.

8 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by bigtt76(f): 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
All these people should go and sort themselves joooor and stop disturbing people's life cheesy

ishiamu:
Server Controversy: Several INEC staff say results transmitted to ‘central server

Several officials who said they were deployed as electoral officers by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the 2019 presidential election said they transmitted results electronically to a ‘central server’ through smart card readers.

This they said was done in compliance with the directive given by the commission during a three-day training before the polls.

The 20 officials deployed to various states, who mostly worked as presiding officers, said they were told that there was a “central server in Abuja” where results are collated electronically.

It is not immediately clear on which “central Server” the officials admitted to transmitting results but this has added a new twist to the ongoing confusion trailing INEC’s consistent denial that it used no server for the election.

A manual issued to the electoral officials by INEC for the 2019 election revealed that the “Communicate” icon on the Smart Card Reader should be used to transmit the accreditation data to the central server.

Another handbook for election officials in 2018 was however more précise on how presiding officers should use the card readers for electronic collation and transmission of results.

It said it became necessary to apply technology to transmit data and results from the polling units due to irregularities that take place after the voting process.

“After successfully filling the EC8A result sheet and announcing the result, the presiding officer shall tap the e-collation application on the home screen”, a part of the book read.

Backstory
The runner up in February’s presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, and his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the election tribunal.

Read more : https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/336496-server-controversy-several-inec-staff-say-results-transmitted-to-central-server.html
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by remirez07(m): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
The movie is getting tougher.. APC is dealing with most intelligent party in Africa. Inec is in trouble.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Gt321(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Enice:
can someone explain why any POS will display ur data just by inserting ur ATM card but a SCR will not display sh!t if you go outside the area you registered? because the POS is connected to a server while the SCR is not. it is just a memory card with voters data. it is a stand alone that you take to a computer to download info from. j
Oga make your point lucid and stop blabbing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by ud4u: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
Inec is acting drama, every thing is possible in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by ifyluxx: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
[Wrong logic because your pos can equally be configure to reject a particular bank card.quote author=Enice post=79608801]can someone explain why any POS will display ur data just by inserting ur ATM card but a SCR will not display sh!t if you go outside the area you registered? because the POS is connected to a server while the SCR is not. it is just a memory card with voters data. it is a stand alone that you take to a computer to download info from. j[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
N
O

T

Server fullstop
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Dumte(m): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
The most interesting story so far on election Tribunal. I can see the hand of the clock ticking in a different direction.

APC never see anything. Atiku show them. Dem see u but dem no know who you be

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by MChaze25(m): 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
engineerboat:

And how was INEC HQ able to detect voters accredited eventually
No mind the guy. There are people you don't need to talk to in this country.
Na just poo full their brain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by netpro(m): 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nigerians will not accept any secret results, no matter how much Atiku tries.

We will only abide by results that were publicly collated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by OfficialAPCNig: 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
thatigboman:
u are going too far. The data contained in the card readers came from where?
You are also going too far with the card reader, boss.

The data of the 80 million registered Nigerians are stored where?

#AtikuisComing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Benekruku(m): 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
False news. How was it Transmitted?

Those card readers have not that capability. And voting was done manually.

What transmitted thumb printing?

And the electoral officers that read results out manually, was it different from what they claim to have transmitted.

Their is no case here. Lawyers are the ones enjoying the pay masters.

3 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Abfinest007(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
we all know d true let leave sentiment aside

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Benekruku(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
netpro:
Nigerians will not accept any secret results, no matter how much Atiku tries.

We will only abide by results that were publicly collated.

Tell them again abeg

Those for back seat never hear.

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by MyGeneration(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
If buhari wins servers exist but if he does not win servers do not exist

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by enemyofprogress: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
Buhari has lost his intergrity, if at all he had none before now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by BabaO2: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
004gist:
grin

Atiku actually won the election we all know this for sure but the compromised inec are saying another thing altogether
they even won tbe senate and house of representatives which were conducted same day, same time and by the same voters. Only thing on atiku's mind throughout his life is to steal, even in obasanjo's regime he did similar things

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by bejeria101(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
thatigboman:
u are going too far. The data contained in the card readers came from where?

The card lol. These mumu amaze me.
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by bejeria101(m): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
Lovelive:

Correct question
Just waiting for wrong answers from the APC fanatics.

They have run out ideas lol. Oh atiku is a Cameroonian lol you heard that story lol

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Benekruku(m): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

#AtikuisComing

Why are you sounding like a novice in IT.

Data stored in server. Was voting dine manually or electronically?

How does manual thumb printing on paper gets to server?

Was voting dine with card reader or used to verify voters card.

Abeg, their is no case here.

Voting was done manually on paper. Electoral officers read out result manually.

Counting was done at polling units manually.

So where does server come in here.

3 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by traihit: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
I was a PO during the election and I'm telling you INEC used a server. Let's even talk about the voters' registration part, you may not need to use the SCR for that but at the end of the election, the data on our SCRs was transferred somewhere (at a point I had to use my phone's hotpot to get it done).
I was almost mobbed when I refused to make people vote because my SCR was not connecting. So your point is invalid.

Benekruku:

Why are you sounding like a novice in IT.

Data stored in server. Was voting dine manually or electronically?

How does manual thumb printing on paper gets to server?

Was voting dine with card reader or used to verify voters card.

Abeg, their is no case here.

Voting was done manually on paper. Electoral officers read out result manually.

Counting was done at polling units manually.

So where does server come in here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by kutashi: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
Racoon:

https://www.thecable.ng/presiding-officers-we-transmitted-election-results-to-inec-server/amp

INEC POs testifying against INEC own iberiberism.The server is the most stupidiest problem INEC will ever land itself.
Kindly wake up if u are sleeping. 13 (PDP trained witness) POs from just 2 States out thousands of POs from 36 States testifying? I thought you are moving to Next level, I never knew is your MuMu and wailing you are taking to next level.
Even your Cameroonian thieve knows is just wailing and wasting his time @ tribunal.

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
Enice:
can someone explain why any POS will display ur data just by inserting ur ATM card but a SCR will not display sh!t if you go outside the area you registered? because the POS is connected to a server while the SCR is not. it is just a memory card with voters data. it is a stand alone that you take to a computer to download info from. j
Wait I hope you are not trying to say there is no server cos this your explanation is dumbing me like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by patikh123(m): 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
ishiamu:
Server Controversy: Several INEC staff say results transmitted to ‘central server

Several officials who said they were deployed as electoral officers by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the 2019 presidential election said they transmitted results electronically to a ‘central server’ through smart card readers.

This they said was done in compliance with the directive given by the commission during a three-day training before the polls.

The 20 officials deployed to various states, who mostly worked as presiding officers, said they were told that there was a “central server in Abuja” where results are collated electronically.

It is not immediately clear on which “central Server” the officials admitted to transmitting results but this has added a new twist to the ongoing confusion trailing INEC’s consistent denial that it used no server for the election.

A manual issued to the electoral officials by INEC for the 2019 election revealed that the “Communicate” icon on the Smart Card Reader should be used to transmit the accreditation data to the central server.

Another handbook for election officials in 2018 was however more précise on how presiding officers should use the card readers for electronic collation and transmission of results.

It said it became necessary to apply technology to transmit data and results from the polling units due to irregularities that take place after the voting process.

“After successfully filling the EC8A result sheet and announcing the result, the presiding officer shall tap the e-collation application on the home screen”, a part of the book read.

Backstory
The runner up in February’s presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, and his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the election tribunal.

Read more : https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/336496-server-controversy-several-inec-staff-say-results-transmitted-to-central-server.html

this is something i've bn waiting to See online bcs i for One attended d Training and We were taught on how transmit d result to a designated Server located somewhere via E-colation app and it was well practicalised during d Training. and a question was also raised on network failure and We were made to know as soon as u get to where u can find Signal then u transmit... Hmmmmmm Prof Prof why this denial Na... chaiiiii! derist God oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Benekruku(m): 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
traihit:

I was a PO during the election and I'm telling you INEC used a server. Let's even talk about the voters' registration part, you may not need to use the SCR for that but at the end of the election, the data on our SCRs was transferred somewhere (at a point I had to use my phone's hotpot to get it done).
I was almost mobbed when I refused to make people vote because my SCR was not connecting. So your point is invalid.

Please explain what transmitted result. SCR is only for verification. Was voting done with it?

How did thumb printing get to sever?

4 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by chinedumoooo: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
No electronic voting,no transmission,no Constitution backing,no server,inec chairman is right.

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

#AtikuisComing

One guy said its stores inside memory card in the card reader...
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by frankson1(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
Enice:

These people are almost getting me confused with the issue about SCR and results.
I'm tired of explaining to them because they are not just getting it.
I worked as a PO and I know what I used the SCR to do.

3 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by vacanci: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
When you use a POS machine, the operator shows you what is about to be transmitted before you supply your PIN for transmission.

Now with the election, did the presiding officers show anyone what they were transmitting? I know the machine is called a card reader which is allowed by the law. Results were counted and collated manually and you guys want me to believe that after the collation, one PO will now enter a certain figure and transmit without any of the agents vetting it.

6 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Benekruku(m): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
frankson1:

These people are almost getting me confused with the issue about SCR and results.
I'm tired of explaining to them because they are not just getting it.
I worked as a PO and I know what I used the SCR to do.

Did they vote with SCR in your looking unit.

No ballot papers were used?

Did you count manually or generated count from SCR?

What are explaining.

In a nut shell, just hit the nail on the head. What transmitted result for a ballot paper to server.

Electoral officers read out results collated manually from units. Where does server come to okay here.

Like you mixing up verification with voting.

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by chloride6: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
gurunlocker:
Can zombies answer this simple question?

How was the card reader designated for each PU able to recognize voters card when swiped? Accept if it's right and reject if it's wrong without the help of a configured server?

You too answer this question.

How come your server contains results for only APC and PDP?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hunters Discover 320 PVCs In Bayelsa Forest / Massive Protest Against Fayose Ongoing In Ekiti (photos) / Ex Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.