Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy (40959 Views)

Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) / Super Eagles: Onazi Under Fire Over Performance During England Friendly / That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by reportminds: 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Cameroon's players were left in tears during their clash with England at the Women's World Cup.

The Lionesses were the favourites going into the last 16 clash in France.

Phil Neville's side took the lead early on as Steph Houghton fired home from an indirect free-kick after a backpass.

Ellen White then doubled the lead before the break although the goal was initially flagged for offside.

The decision was sent to VAR and the goal was eventually given with replays showing White was onside.

Cameroon's players were furious though, suggesting Nikita Parris - who was not interfering - was stood in an offside position.

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/06/2019-women-world-cup-cameroon-players.html?m=1

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by JubrinElSudan: 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
Technically, African players are "dead". For the first goal, the keeper had the whole time in the world to keep the ball away instead she decided to pick it up. I know the reason she will give was that it wasn't an intentional back pass from the defender, but I ask, why think like that when you are not the referee?
After we will start shouting FIFA is against African teams. Nonsense and Cameroon girls

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by GOFRONT(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
And they say "Black is beautiful?".....Nop....BLACK IS NOT BEAUTIFUL HERE
Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Arsenalholic(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
I saw this on The Dailymail website and the shít-talking from some English fans on there was so disgusting to say the least. I don't blame them, though. The Cameroonian players did not exactly cover themselves in glory with some of their behavior today.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by kikio1992(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Disappointing .... The girls didn't do well though...also pushing the ref.

Checkout Naira Marley full biography and life history
Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by chudez0147(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Africa my Africa
Who do us this thing?

6 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by flexyrule(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by demolinka(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Why cameroon sef no outscore England? VAR or no VAR, we can't always be depending on luck at these competitions. All these oyivo dey invest heavy money on top their football, we wan just go there perform miracle.

Africa never ready abeg

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by CarGuideNG: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Benekruku(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Match reminds me of the game between Houlus FC and Gringo Manlad FC in 1945

It was a match filled with tears

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Cameroon amaka grin

Àwọn Iran Nnamdi Karu

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Franceez(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
The pic is good for meme

cheesy grin : cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by OzziOhinoyi(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
cool
Sad outing for the Cameroonians.
Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
It is a good thing African teams are losing .....because really if we did well, and went to win the trophy, we would be using the good performance to cover up the structural issues with African football.

I remember how Nigeria won gold at Atlanta....and everyone was rejoicing forgetting that our football setup had serious issues.

Today we are yet to win the Male World Cup.

We want Cameroon and Nigeria to win....so that we can pretend that the issues of funding, corruption, lack of enough players at youth level, lack of interest in the game, etc....do not exist?

Good thing we lost. The sad thing is, we will go and tell tales of how we were cheated by the imperialsits...ignoring the deep seated problems that caused this matter.

No food for lazy man.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by kings09(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
It's time teams started staging a walk-out of matches. African teams especially hv bn cheated on technical reasons

10 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by KingLennon(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
Let Africa just leave the world cup for the whites alone to play. It seems African countries are not treated fairly. Since from day 1 the officiating has been worse

9 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Gosj01(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
OK, so many drama.

But

I sell cheap and super neat laptops.

Details on signature.
Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Damfostopper(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
women football..... African teams always crying foul play since 1990....if they ain't comfortable.... always walk out of the field like that club did in CAF champions league

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by GodSaklek(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
FIFA was created in Europe,so FIFA isn't for worldwide but for Europeans only, yesterday match against Germany, (Nigeria vs Germany) ,referee in-charge of VAR Is from Spain,Spain is Europe,Germany that Nigeria is playing against is also Europe,they just use on-field referee to cover up,the one in-charge is in the room(VAR), I don't know why no body notice it when fifa announced referee for Nigeria vs Germany,I don't why know nobody talk about it,untill Africa and the rest of the Continent abandoned FIFA for Europe and creates their own separate associations.

9 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by hardbody: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
shevchenko:

Actually the first goal was not offside
The Germans deliberately obstructed the keeper

I hate the fact that Cameron did not protest and leave the match today
It would have sent a strong signal to FIFA

Can't Africa even boycott the world cup and let the rest of the world play against themselves. In years to come, they will know it's not a complete world cup without Africa

5 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
That referee was just on point on every single decision she made, she deserves to refer the final, she was calm, she didn't let Camerounians' stupidity influence her into making rash decisions

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Ugosample(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:
It is a good thing African teams are losing .....because really if we did well,

huh? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by ALWAYSINMONEY: 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nairaland meme loading.
Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by m140(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sorry Cameronians
Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Melonny(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
I like how the girls reacted. One player even pushed the referee away.. The ref could only smile.. Stalling the game at first half by the Cameroonians should send fifa a message. African should stop participating in the world cup until we get our sh!ts together..

11 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by myresearch: 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
I hate cheating.
Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Nhemzie17: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
Las las they won them undecided
Minus the controversial goal they still wouldn't have gone through

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by nepapole(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
See my crush for the pic.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by focus7: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
shevchenko:

Actually the first goal was not offside
The Germans deliberately obstructed the keeper

I hate the fact that Cameron did not protest and leave the match today
It would have sent a strong signal to FIFA

Slapping you with backhand just dey hungry me.

White slave.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
Ugosample:

huh? shocked

Modified....post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'We Will Never Forget You': Hatayspor, Atsu's Former Clubs Mourn Player / What Manchester United, Chelsea And Leicester City Need To Do To Qualify For UCL / Tani Adewumi: 12-year-old Nigerian Chess Prodigy Granted Asylum In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.