Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:54 AM

Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane (3035 Views)

South African Man Wakes Up To Find A Lion In His Yard / Taiwanese Delivery Man Falls Asleep, Smashes Into 4 Ferraris Worth $1.6million / Nigerian Migrants Cry Out After Being Locked Up In Prison In Libya. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by LiftedMan: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
“I think I’m having a bad dream,” she recounted in a Facebook post. “When my seat an inch back or my tray down flight crew take notice but yet you missed a person still strapped into her seat and just all go on home?!?!”

Adams described the harrowing experience in which she was unable to recharge her phone while stuck inside the parked aircraft, which sent her into a panic attack.

Left to grope around the plane for some way to alert someone she was still on board, Adams eventually found a flashlight in the cockpit, and opened one of the plane’s doors. Hanging 40 or 50 feet above the pavement, she flashed the light at distant ground crews until someone driving a luggage truck saw her and came to the rescue.

Air Canada officials gave her a ride home and have been in contact with her since, but Adams is still recovering from the ordeal.

Sources : NY post

2 Likes

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by blackpanthar: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
I cant imagine it o. It sounds like something from a movie but I know things like this can happen... The flight crew should be fired.

WoW... so horrific. A person can just run mad...

4 Likes

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by hisgrace090: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
A horrible experience indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by shilenji(m): 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
Abeg, wat is scary about that, na to enter where dem dey prepare food chop till your belle wan burst,den watch small netflix at least enjoy being alone in a plane,
The one wey I wan make hin happen to me na make dem lock me for shoprite overnite...........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by hillsiderfak(m): 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
I can't even imagine myself in her shoes. Chai.
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by hillsiderfak(m): 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
shilenji:
Abeg, wat is scary about that, na to enter where dem dey prepare food chop till your belle wan burst,den watch small netflix at least enjoy being alone in a plane,
The one wey I wan make hin happen to me na make dem lock me for shoprite overnite...........
The plane was parked na, no light.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by decatalyst(m): 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
She go sue and win some dolapo for her pockets.

Compensation will surely be earned.
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by goodmorning40: 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
X
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by Jmk9292(m): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
Gross negligence and carelessness is all I see on the side of the crew members...
If at all this story is true...
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by thesicilian: 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Were there no Nigerians on the plane? The typical Nigerian I know would have tapped her shoulder as s/he was passing by her seat and said "madam we don land o"

22 Likes

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by Michellla(f): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
Something similar to this happened to me in boarding school jss1.
They woke us up by 5am to shower and get dressed ,i was done by 5:40am and decided to close my eyes for some minutes before we leave for 6am prep.
By the time i woke up it was almost 7am, i looked around and saw no one, i screamed and ran to the gate and started hitting the gate hard,everyone in front of the hostel ran away including women. Apparently they thought it was a ghost
grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by micfoley: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
Wao. Really bizzarre story
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by Shukusheka(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
decatalyst:
She go sue and win some dolapo for her pockets.

Compensation will surely be earned.
Sue ko, Suya ni. What charges would she sue for, abi na dem talk say make she sleep forget herself inside plane?
Highest she gets is an official apology and a token compensation to save face. If she toes the lawsuit line she ain't getting a dime.
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by doctore212(m): 12:40am On Jun 24, 2019
A similar experience.
I went to an Olosho house and after banging one ukwunnu. I slept off only for me to wake up inside a dark police cell alone. It was really scary
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 24, 2019
thesicilian:
Were there no Nigerians on the plane? The typical Nigerian I know would have tapped her shoulder as s/he was passing by her seat and said "madam we don land o"
Lol. Oyibo and minding my business syndrome. Every other passenger just left her before she sued them for disturbing her sleep. grin

4 Likes

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by tempest01(m): 3:00am On Jun 24, 2019
All the racist idiots on the plane, none of them could tap her and tell her they've arrived? Wasn't she sitting close to people?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by LiftedMan: 4:43am On Jun 24, 2019
tempest01:
All the racist idiots on the plane, none of them could tap her and tell her they've arrived? Wasn't she sitting close to people?

Racist ke!!!!!!!! White people have different ethics, and like some1 said she could sue you for disturbance if you are not part of the crew or sue u for sexual harassment if you touch her in a way she didn't like, oga, oversea na to mind your business.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by LiftedMan: 4:45am On Jun 24, 2019
Jmk9292:

Gross negligence and carelessness is all I see on the side of the crew members...
If at all this story is true...

Do you work in operations? if you don't then you know why the airline would not even touch the crew, sometimes it just happens
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by flourishing247: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2019
I will sue them ehn!!! Free flight to anywhere and everywhere.
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2019
Michellla:
Something similar to this happened to me in boarding school jss1.
They woke us up by 5am to shower and get dressed ,i was done by 5:40am and decided to close my eyes for some minutes before we leave for 6am prep.
By the time i woke up it was almost 7am, i looked around and saw no one, i screamed and ran to the gate and started hitting the gate hard,everyone in front of the hostel ran away including women. Apparently they thought it was a ghost
grin
Lmaooo were you punished ?
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by Aphroditee(f): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2019
eeya
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
flourishing247:
I will sue them ehn!!! Free flight to anywhere and everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by AlphaCEO: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
LiftedMan:
“I think I’m having a bad dream,” she recounted in a Facebook post. “When my seat an inch back or my tray down flight crew take notice but yet you missed a person still strapped into her seat and just all go on home?!?!”

Adams described the harrowing experience in which she was unable to recharge her phone while stuck inside the parked aircraft, which sent her into a panic attack.

Left to grope around the plane for some way to alert someone she was still on board, Adams eventually found a flashlight in the cockpit, and opened one of the plane’s doors. Hanging 40 or 50 feet above the pavement, she flashed the light at distant ground crews until someone driving a luggage truck saw her and came to the rescue.

Air Canada officials gave her a ride home and have been in contact with her since, but Adams is still recovering from the ordeal.

Sources : NY post
Did this really happen?

Where is the link to the
story source?
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by Shopwiiser: 12:31am On Aug 04, 2021
Well being inside an empty plane that's dark shouldn't be really scary.. the real fear is maybe flying to its next destination... assuming borno Maiduguri with you inside still sleeping...then you should fear.. white people are afraid over little things.. such that they have a name for everything.. being afraid of being criticized on Nairaland.. they will call it Nairalandphobia.... Na real wa for who no go school grin
Re: Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane by Aidejay(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
Madam, which kind sleep is that?

This one na passing away ooh, no be sleep.

(1) (Reply)

France Invitation Letter / Fiance Visa Experience / Some Lastma Bills, Fines & Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.