Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) (18730 Views)

LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Mysteries Of NoLand (Book 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 11:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
Copyright 2020

© Emem Paul

This work is really fictitious. And any character that is likely bonded to anyone whether dead or alive is purely coincidental. Most locations exist and it's been included to help make this work more realistic

All right reserved. No part of this book should be written in any form electronic or manual and the above stated if infringed is subject to prosecution on the basis of plagiarism. The author reserves the sole right to press charges in view of breech on the above and aforementioned.

All request should be forwarded to

emempaul1985@gmail.com
or Whatsapp 09046411374

( EDITED )

PROLOGUE

Monstary of The Brotherhood
Of Knowledge,
RUSSIA

With hands folded behind his back, the figure Who's overcoat was as black as night and cape fully covering his face so that no one recognised he true face, surveyed the carnage that laid before him with nonchanlance and disinterest as eyes roamed round the great Hall that once held tapestries detailing tales long forgotten, from ages past.
Of gods of men and their conquests, their victories and defeats. But all that now laid in ruins as he skipped through broken mortar, collapsed pillar with mangled iron rods, dust and grime, blood and gore, in search for the main reason for his breeching the monastery in the first place

His eyes caught sight of the remnant of monks and their Overlord trying to hold their ground against his men in both hands, weapons and show of power and witchery but in which they were no match for his men as they fell one after the other

Borax, clinging to the last ounce of strength and power he could muster up, raised a force shield strong enough to deter their enemies and long enough for the the remaining survivors of the brotherhood to escape

into safety

They had come under sudden brute attack which had not given them any chance to organise an effective counter defence thereby leading to them being cut down like cattle. It pained the Overlord as he watched he fellow brothers be gutted down indiscriminately. This..... this was a massacre

Once the shield was raised, it gave the remaining survivors a chance to escape to safety, through the hidden tunnels that were built for emergencies such as these. The original purpose of the monastery was to serve as either a storage for hidden knowledge that was never to be exposed to the outside world for fear of bastardry or a pre-storage for the same hidden or forbidden knowledge pending its movements to its permanent home.

Knowing the craziness of man and his greed for power, escape tunnels were incorporated into the original building design so that in a case of breech, escape was possible for survivors and couriers, each bearing their assigned artifact and fleeing

Allendor, his second in command, urged him to let go of the shield so that they could escape. Knowing that with the waning strength of his OverLord, the barrier would not hold much longer under the heavy bombardment it was receiving from the enemy.

Who ever these people were, they were ruthless, relentless and outright monsters and he knew his Overlord didn't stand a chance against them.

But one final look at him, holding eye contact told him all he needed to know.
His master was staying, to sacrifice himself so that they could have a chance to escape certain death. So that the many secrets of the brotherhood could be protected. So that the scroll could be safe guarded.

Bowing his head low as a final respect to the man he had come to see as as his father, teacher and mentor, he whispered with trembling voice

" I will not fail you"

With that, picked up the old leather bag that laid besides his Overlord and fled to safety through the hidden tunnels

Borax seeing that Allendor had gone and knowing that all hope was not lost, turned to face the monsters before him that were trying hard to breakdown the shield he had put up and from the looks they had almost succeeded so he readied himself for the final onslaught

If he was going down, then he wasn't doing it without a fight

" So you left your fancy office and grandiose palace to come redecorate this humble monstary. Please do tell me who you are. At least I get to know the name of the person by whose hands I die so that when I get to the great beyond, I know whose evil soul I get to torment "

Borax said not knowing were this false self confidence was coming from.
Well maybe this was his own way of dealing with his own inevitable death

The constant bombardment of the shield had lessinged to a final stop as they made way for their boss to walk closer to the shield and then he gave a wicked and evil laugh

"Even in death, you attempt to humor me Overlord Borax " he said

Borax replied, surprised that the enemy knew his name

" Well I can't help it . It's one of my many weaknesses "

Nimrod stroke the shield,testing it's strength and resistance then smiled again at Borax

"My name ---" and with one swift and very powerful surge of force sent a blast that broke down the shield.
Before Borax could react to the speed of this monster it was too late. Borax throat was held in vice grip round his neck choking the life out of him

"---- Is Nimrod"and with one final smirk plastered on his face, twisted borax next to a on unnatural direction, effectively killing hm. He dropped him with a thud and surveyed the carnage again

While Nimrod stood over Borax body, his second in command, came and stood behind him and was about To speak when Nimrod replied

"I know Sherach" he said and continued

" But I haven't waited for over 4000 years only to have it get lost again. I don't care What it takes, that scroll must be mine this time around,. So that for once I my wage war against the Heavens again. And this time I don't intend to fail"

"What about the LEGACIES my Lord" asked Sherach as he knew that they would pose a major treat to his boss

Nimrod turned away from the chaos around him and walk away without responding to Sherach's question.

When they were close to the car, he paused said to his long time friend and lieutenant

"When they make manifest their presence, we will be ready" and with that they got into the car and zoomed off

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 4:00am On Jun 24, 2019
Hey guys and babes this is a new book I am trying out and it's a mix of dark fantasy of biblical proportion, with a touch of sci-fi, action packed and page turner

But most of all I like like you to keep an open mind while reading this book as it is purely a work of fiction

I don't know who to invite but please assist in inviting everyone

As you can see the prologue is out so what do you think. You comments will spur me to write more chapters

Oh and by the way this book is completed on paper so unless by some any strange reason, it will not be an unfinished work

Please do mind the gramatic pluders and spelling errors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Danpersie31(m): 11:02am On Jun 25, 2019
am well seated, do ride on. can I get ur WhatsApp contact pls?

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by enm(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
This look promising
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
[center]Chapter 1[/center]
Present Day
Lagos Nigeria

( EDITED )

" Iniobong hurry up or you will be late and miss your flight" his sister shouted from down stairs

" I'm coming joor. You just dey disturb my life like say the plane go go leave me " he replied his sister from his room as he took one final looks the room that had housed him for close to 22 years knowing that it might be the last time he ever got to see it again. After one final look, he turned around and exited the room to go down and meet his fuming sister and saddened mother

Down stairs, he met with his mother's worried look and immediately went to hug her in reassurance that all will be well with him. Once they separated from the hug, his mother began to admonish him

" Iniobong, please once you get there do not return to this country unless I ask you to and while at it, please change your name . And please in God's name, no matter how they entice you, no matter their promises, no matter their threats, do not fall for it.

Do not return

Fight for the sake that your father's sacrifice not be in vain "

" Yes ma" he replied

" Mmbog, nme mben Abasi uponno mfo, kama Abasi ku 'uwog. A me diong ngor nnong mme ete atoho
( Please in God's name, hold God strong. You do know the type of extended family you have and that they will stop at nothing till they have what they want )"

" Mummy nme kop ( mama I have heard)" he replied

" If God wills it, we will see again. If not, know that you are always loved"

"Thank you mommy " Iniobong replied

" Ha mommy time is going oooo" his sister interrupted so that they could be on their way to the airport.

Eno and Ini drove the entire 2hour journey to the airport in tense silence as both were deep in thought about the circumstances that led to their present predicament. It wasn't a pretty one and they both would forever have axes dangling over their heads. But these two were determined to make it out alive and in one piece

At the airport after all the checking in was done, their fight was announced for passenger to start boarding., Eno hugged her brother, with emotions high as she knew that there was a possibility that they may never meet again unless their predicament was resolved, which she knew was largely impossible.

"Ini don't forget to call us. Even if you were asked not to return until the coast was clear try to make sure you stay in contact with us oooo" she begged or more like threatened

" Biggest Sis I don hear you. Sha take good care of mommy and yourself. Just as I dey watch my back no forget to watch your own too, as kukuma no the kin people we dey deal with " he said as they made their final goodbyes

As he walked towards the boarding terminal, he sighed loudly thinking of all that led to this point
that was causing him to flee. He also wondered what life had in store for in America

After boarding the plane awhile back, the captain announced that the flight was about to take off and all the passengers should fasten their seat belt, relax and enjoy the ride.

If only the knew that Iniobong life was about to become extremely difficult

( language spoken======> Ibibio)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 2:58am On Jun 26, 2019
[center]Chapter 2[/center]

Gothernburg,
Sweden

Running like her life depended on it ----- 'cos it did, as she was trying hard to loose her pursuers. She wasnt prepared to find out what they wanted from her. She knew no good could come out of it

As the daughter of one of the most powerful Protectors known, one would think that she should stand and fight these men as it would have been a walk I the park for her.
The truth was that she had been banned from using her powers for the main time due to her careless usage and stripped to the basics for self defense which she was using right now but were useless against their men

Secondly, these were no ordinary men, as they seemed to be breaking through all the protective barriers and enchantments she threw at them to slow them down

Damn!!!

She thought to herself as she saw that she was in really deep trouble if she didn't get away from these men on time and get to her mother's Bakery

Shit! Shit! Shit !!!

She exclaimed as they broke through another barrier she threw at them

" Alva calm down , you can do this 'she pepped talked to herself trying to calm down as she ran into the populated business district weaving herself through crowd , through streets and avoiding lonely alleys as not to get cornered. She really needed to get to her mother in one piece

Cutting through the flowing traffic , she finally arrived the very familiar street that led to her mother's bakery. She knew that if she could just get there, then they wouldnt dare contend with her mother. She got in just as the men were rounding the corner. Alva quickly opened the door, running inside calling for her mother in histeria and at the same time trying to catch her breath from running. Her mother bore a worried expression on her face as she approach her daughter. There were no much customers at this time of the day so the shop was relatively empty

" Mother ....people.....chasing.....powerful ...."

Alva wizzed out through coughing fits and short breaths while all the same pointing to the window facing the road.

Agnes followed her daughter's hand to were she was pointing, looking out the window just in time to see three men staring viciously back at her.. A bus passed by momentarily blocking her view only to fing that the men vanshied. Agnes frowned

" Its alright Alva, they're gone. No one will hurt you " she said trying to calm her daughter down.

Whoever those people were, were not shy to show their faces nor chasing her daughter. She was having an inkling to who sent them

" Alva I need you to tell me what happened, " she queried her daughter

( Edited)

TBC.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 7:19am On Jun 26, 2019
Chapter 2
(Continuation)

" I was going to get some ingredients for baking cookies from the supermarket when I felt eyes on me. Initially, I shrugged it off but when I couldn't seem to get off the vibe, I looked around but saw nothing strange. At the point of leaving the supermarket I was approached by a middle aged man who held my hand and said

]Daughter of Glenda legacy of light, quencher of darkness, chaos has awoken, malice is enthroned and battles to destroy all. Nimrod hunts for what the Legacies must destroy find the other Legacies and banish dark with light"

"He was about to give me a bag that looked stranged when all of a sudden we were surrounded by these strange men. He performed a very strange art, gave me the bag and told me to run like my life depended on it which I did while he held them off. I lost the bag when running to escape them" she finished, looking at her mother who seemed stunned by her narrative that she had just spoken and started to pace around the room. It was never a good sign when her mom panicked

" Mom is every thing alright" Alva asked

" MOM!!!!" she shouted jerking her mother out of her panicked thought

"The prophecy,,,....... Nimrod......" Agnes said

" Oh my queen of heavens......"

" NIMROD " she repeated to reassure herself

" Oh my God "

She turned to look at her daughter then said firmly

" We have to go NOW! "

She gave instructions to the single staff she had, then came back to her office to meet her daughter. She snapped her fingers and a perfect circle with two Sigel's appeared around them then a bright light shine and they vanished only to appear in their home

Agnes chanted some words in a strange language she had never heard her mother speak before and symbol started appearing everywhere but Agnes used her hands to direct them towards every entrance into the building and motioned Alva to follow her

They proceeded to her mother's personal library which held various exotic books both of the dark arts, witchcraft and forbidden knowledge

Giving a bag to Alva to hold, she finally said

"Listen to me Alva we don't have much time left to explain to you but trust me, they'd be here soon and its best that we are not here when they arrive"

"Who are they mom?"questioned a bewildered Alva

" I don't have time to explain to you, but believe me when I say they are not coming to hold hands and sing kumbaya with us"

Alva nodded and her mother proceeded to explain to her in what little time they had all she need to know to survive as they were about to be separated howbeit for a short time

" Finally I will be unbanning you from using your powers but you must promise me to be extremely careful and responsible when using them"

" Remember I will find ....." She was cut off by the sound of an explosion in the sitting room

" they are here "She looked at Alva one last time with a string determination

" I will find you no matter what"

Just as the men were about to break into the room Agnes stretched forth her left hands to put up a strong shields to hold off the men till she was through with what she was doing

First to go were the books in her library as whispered a few words and the all the books vanished leaving the room bare of any book for she knew that some of those books in the wrong hands meant doom to all

Next she put her hands on the floor and spoke some words and two pentagrams with special Sigel's appeared again and she ordered Alva to step into one which she quickly did and vanished. As she stepped into her own pentagram the shield finally broke and they rusher in only to have smile wickedly at them as if to say so long suckers and vanished

" Witches!! I hate those slippery b*** he's" Sherach .muttered

"What do we do now sir?" Ask one of the two men with him

"We find the remaining Legacies " he answered
With that they exited the house but not before Sherach stretching forth his hands and sending a pulse of energy that set the house on fire in annoyance of of not getting what he wanted

( EDITED)

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 7:20am On Jun 26, 2019
So here is chapter 3 so wat do u guys think
Oh and row call
Divepen1
Souloho19
Ishilove
Theblessedman
Oyinprince
Ironkurtain
Larrysun
Please invited others I couldn't mention
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by ironkurtain(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
A good story though there are some typos that kind of made some part to seem quite confusing. But with time and enough work, u will improve.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by samebony1: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
ironkurtain:
A good story though there are some typos that kind of made some part to seem quite confusing. But with time and enough work, u will improve.

Noticed the same things, Ironkurtain, but as you said an interesting story line.
Will stay tuned to see it through.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2019
[center]Chapter 3 [/center]

Palacio Del Poderoso Rey,
Alfa de Alfas,
Lupus heights,
Spain.

"I said NO! Adrian" Fernandez said to his youngest son

" But why father? All I asked was to visit aunt Linda and you say no. I ask for permission to leave the palace grounds in other this visit my friends you denied me. Why, I don't know. But isn't it strange, that I have to ask my own father permission to even move around freely. Even stranger is the fact that Philippe comes and goes as he pleases. I am twenty four but but I can't help but feel being treated liked a ten year old kid who is been grounded for being disobedient " Adrian retorted

Shaking his head in disbelief at Hus son's tantrums. Just as he was about to reply his eldest son walked in on them. Bowing his head in respect before greeting

" Hello father "
" I see that you have returned well"
" Yes father but not with good news'
" Speak"
" The rouges wolves are getting more organized in their attack, picking out isolated packs that are far from help. They've resorted to guerrilla tactics. Its as if they are trying to draw us out "

Fernandez sighed heavily. Never in his 100 year had he seen such skills and organization in rouge wolves. With coordinated attacks that matched well train fighter wolves in packs. It was really unnerving.

" Send words to the council heads to instruct all packs in the hinter lands to move closer to the palace grounds for their security and safety. The faster they move the better.
Secondly, I want you to please explain to your brother in clear terms why I will not let him outsider this - palace prison - as he so calls it" Fernandez added

Philippe cringed at the word "palace prison " and gave his brother a thoughtful look while Adrian just shrugged it off. While Philippe bowed his head once again, Adrian just turn his back and walk off without saying anything

Adrian had a lot of things running through his mind and sitting with Philippe discussing fun times was not one of them, most especially now that he had put a plan in motion, an action he knew wouldn't sit well with Philippe

Even though Philippe tried to explain to his kid brother the dangers their faced, most especially being of royal blood, he couldn't help but have the nagging feeling that today wouldn't end well. He loved his younger brother to the extent of being over protective of him, but deep down he knew that a day would come when Adrian would have to make his own part in life

Later that night , Adrian set his plans into motion. He was not going to end-up being caged in this God forsaken palace. He wasn't about to go crazy Jones .

Throwing some clothes, his passport cash and other essential items into his duffel bag, he proceeded to strip and change into an all black combat pullover that would aid him blend with the night. He couldn't change into his wolf as that would alert the guards to his presence through his scent and aura.

Given his room one final look, he dropped the note on the bed and left closing the room door quietly

3 hours later

Finally at were she said she would be waiting stood his aunt Linda as she breathe in a sigh a Adrian smiled mischievously
" What?!! You thought I wasn't going to make it?"

"We have to go. Your cloak wouldn't last for much longer" Linda said as she turn to enter the car

" I know. Its as though Philippe doubled the guards patrolling the grounds, thinking of an imminent attack." He said

" That's not what I'm talking about. Have you notice the recent attack drive carried out by the rouges? " she asked as she started the car and began the long drive to the airport.

" Adrian nodded but kept quiet, for he knew not to speak when his aunt was in the middle of saying something important

" The cloak I'm talking about was put on you since birth. And the attack were centered on finding you Adrian. You are who they are looking for" she concluded without looking at him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
Ann2012
Lightqueen
Abelranking
Silensa
Mhizv
Kimberlywest
Skubido
Olisamax
Izaray
Aprilwise
Amauwana
BIGGIE121
Adesina12
Flourish19
Ven97
Iamgprince
Chizim
Francium001
Remite011
Makuazini
Toyhin123
Tonyspecial
Queenite
Treasure17
PweetygiftofGod
Mychiveous
Genius43
Shezkid
Taniaa
Vickyuchy
VivienD
Lessonlearnt

I no forget una too
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
Book 3 of this trilogy has been giving me a really though time and for the first time since I started this book I can certainly say that I have writer block or na cement grin grin grin grin

Oh well here is another chapter loading............
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
[center]Chapter[/center] 4

SAN FRANSICO
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
CALIFONIA

The
ever busy airport was bustling with both human and vehicular traffic. Those waiting for their flight, others disembarking while others just sat there waiting for friends and family to arrive to be reunited with them

Security on high alert for any suspicious activities, individuals or packages, with guard dogs sniffing for drugs and contraband

Taxis lined up the ever busy entrance of the airport either dropping or picking up passengers to their various destinations

No one paid much attention to one man walking out of the V.I.P section with an air of authority clad in expensive suit that screamed of taste and class or the stern looking bodyguards who flanked him on both sides putting up an air of power, like every other person was inferior to them

But this expensively suited man was any thing but calm. As a matter of fact Nimrod was getting really enraged at the string of disappointing news he was receiving. So much so that a tiny slip for his powerful aura nearly grounded the airport activities

For that split second loss of control, a plane taxied off the runway due to a freak burst in tires, another private jet just stopped working mid-way to taking off. The exit was not speared either as the entire fleet of taxis waiting for passengers ended up with broken wind shields

But by time Nimrod got, hold of him self the damage had already being done. He and he troupe made it to the cars got in an left

"She is Agnes's daughter" Sherach said in a low submissive voice trying not to anger his boss

"Fan-fucking-tastic. Of all the people in the world, Fate just had to pick Agnes as the bears of my down fall" Nimrod exclaimed to new one in particular

" We know that they are in the U.S but were, we do not know. For she put up a very powerful cloak to shield their presen
' What legacy is her daughter " he asked

" legacy of life Sir "one of the guards answered

T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 7:00am On Jul 03, 2019
Chapter 4( condt)

Nimrod sighed

"What about the mutt Prince? Any news?"

" Linda made it abundantly clear that anyone that wants her nephew will have to go through her?"

" And? "

Sherach watched his boss fury build up, for he knew he was threading dangerous water and had to choose his next words very carefully

" sir we have been battling these females for over a thousand years and haven't succeeded. Matching us wits for wits and power for power and we haven't even put a dent to them"

His answer seemed to satisfy his boss 'cause he heard an exasperated sigh before responding

" Why do these females have to be so bitchy. What about the scroll any sign of it" awaiting to hear more bad news but when he saw his second in command smiling, his heart skipped a beat in joy - if that was even possible

"We found it along with the scribe who took it those many years ago. He happened to have gone to warn Agnes's daughter about your presence and to possibly return the book to her mother" Sherach answered, a bit more relaxed now that his boss anger was satiated

"Finally, some good piece of news that makes my day" Nimrod smiling face change as he was already thinking of his next action

A question bother Sherach and Nimrod noticed this
" Ask"

" Will not the heavens respond to you finding the scroll again by sending those proud feathered flops after you?" He asked gravely

" Well I expect they will, after all it will not be in His character not to aid his creation he So lovingly protects. But this time he will be in for a nasty surprise. That stuck up, Old entity called God wouldn't know what hit him" Nimrod mused as he sat back to enjoy the rest of the ride

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Ann2012(f): 7:23am On Jul 03, 2019
Emempaul:
Ann2012
Lightqueen
Abelranking
Silensa
Mhizv
Kimberlywest
Skubido
Olisamax
Izaray
Aprilwise
Amauwana
BIGGIE121
Adesina12
Flourish19
Ven97
Iamgprince
Chizim
Francium001
Remite011
Makuazini
Toyhin123
Tonyspecial
Queenite
Treasure17
PweetygiftofGod
Mychiveous
Genius43
Shezkid
Taniaa
Vickyuchy
VivienD
Lessonlearnt

Seat claimed
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Treasure17(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2019
Following
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
Chapter 5

CALIFORNIA
U.S.A

Touching the book with care as though any poor handling and it would rip to shreds,Nimrod let his hands skim through the cover of the book as he went through memory lane.

The book in question was made of thin gold plates not parchment and so weight a lot. To the unfavoured, it would need at least 4 able bodied men to carry but to the highly favoured and chosen, it weighed just like any other book.

On its cover were written strange words that were foreign to the unfavoured but to him, without even thinking, knew the language in which the words were inscribed in - Enochian

Nimrod spoke the words with translated to

"BOOK OF WORDS AND POWER
BY
SAMAYAZA THE WATCHER"

and immediately the book responded by emitting bright light then vibrating roughly before stilling itself and the first page opened on its own accord

>>>>>>..........<<<<<<<<.........>>>>>>>>>..........<<<<<<<<<

After what seemed liked days of continued torture, Allendor was very weak and for once death seemed like a reprieve but they were not going to give it to him. His tormentors when beginning to fassel out and left to go refresh themselves leaving him all weak and
bloodied

For someone more than a century old, you would think that he was an old man when in fact to the human eye, He was in his mid thirties. This was due to the power coursing through him, keeping him young and unaging as a result of being a keeper of the Book of Word and Power and as of now, he was of no use to the book as it had returned to it original owner - Nimrod

He knew what that monster, Nimrod wanted to use the book for as he needed extra help to wage war against the heavens and its host.

Before all the running, when Hus former master was alive , he had asked why the book couldn't just be destroyed and be done with

[center[b]]" that book can't be destroyed just like that because it houses the life force of a very powerful entity " Borax had said

"But can't the angels just use their powers and puff all the stress is gone" asked the 13 year old Allendor whose mind was very inquisitive

" If it were that easy , then they would have done so. Remember that book survived a flood, a hail of fire, a purge of knowledge, and a hunt and it still got to us to keep hidden. That should tell a lot about the books resilience "

"But everywhere that book goes, destruction seems to follow it. I fear for our lives grand lord" the young Allendor cried

" I know. That is why if anything should happen to me take the book and run. For you have been favoured to be the books custodian
[/center]
[/b]
Allendor was brought back to the present by the rattling of the gates to his cell. And it opening to reveal a man he so loathed

"Nimrod" he said with every bit of venom laced in his words that his now weakened state could muster

" Yes thats me" he replied with evil grin

" So were where we? Ha, yes! " and with that, Nimrod delivered a powerful upper cut to Allendor's jaws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2019
I need people's comment to know how well I am doing.and to all point out my mistakes. I need constructive critics here to do the needful
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
Op you're doing great,
But it will be nicer if you keep up with frequent updates so as to keep the momentum of the story
And watch your language and some typos

It's seems to be a very interesting story,so ride on and explore the realm of spirituality lol
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by xeenoblack15: 3:42am On Jul 04, 2019
Emempaul:
I need people's comment to know how well I am doing.and to all point out my mistakes. I need constructive critics here to do the needful
u ar really doing gr8 nd i cn as wel say ur wrk is fantastic
keep it up bro
pls do ensure 2 mention me wen u drop an update
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by samebony1: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2019
Emempaul:

You are not doing bad, especially if you can an eye on the typos.
As i said earlier, this work has an interesting story line. I will definitely stay tuned to the end
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Tonyspecial(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
Emempaul:
Ann2012
Lightqueen
Abelranking
Silensa
Mhizv
Kimberlywest
Skubido
Olisamax
Izaray
Aprilwise
Amauwana
BIGGIE121
Adesina12
Flourish19
Ven97
Iamgprince
Chizim
Francium001
Remite011
Makuazini
Toyhin123
Tonyspecial
Queenite
Treasure17
PweetygiftofGod
Mychiveous
Genius43
Shezkid
Taniaa
Vickyuchy
VivienD
Lessonlearnt
I'm sorry for coming late....
Thanks for the mention
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Danpersie31(m): 2:03am On Jul 06, 2019
nice story line.
1. update is short
2. update regularly
3. typographical errors is much
4. try to arrange your work well so it can Intrigue your readers
5. improve the introduction of your characters
I will be following closely because am a big fan of supernatural stories and movies
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chapter 6

Tennessee,
U. S. A

Opening the door to his apartment, Oby trudge slowly to his bed and flopped down on it. These few days had been really hectic for him combining both his education and a part time job and it was telling in him

"Just five minutes sleep and I ll be okay" he muttered to himself and closed his eyes for a short nap

Slowly, he opened his eye and his hands went to his phone in order to check the time only to find out that he, not just had a five minutes nap but a three hour sleep.
It was 5pm and almost time for his shift which began and 7pm. He also had to contend with a grumbling stomach which seemed to have a mind of its own,so he got up and went straight to clean himself up since he slept in the clothes he had worn to school and got himself ready for work

Business for the restaurant he work at seem to move at a slower pace today as there were not a lot of costumers around today. His job mainly consisted of being a chef aid, dishwashing and taking out the garbage and since there was not much to do, he played around the cooking area with the chef whom he had come to see as a good friend of which he didn't have a lot of - if at all he had any

Unlike some days that had him constantly in his feet either washing the dishes or delivering orders to the waiters, today afforded him the time to think about his life and how boring and uneventful it was turning out to be. Just as he was reminiscent on the turn of events that led him here..........

"Order for table 4. Here take" Kate the blonde waitress handed him the order paper

"Finally we have an order" the chef exclaimed in a dramatic way while collecting the paper to go start cooking. Within fifteen minutes the food was ready and Oby took it to the delivery window were Kate stood waiting for the food order to take to the customer

"Here is your order for table 4" Oby said as he handed the food over to her

"Thanks Oby" she replied , take the food along with her to go serve the customer

Oby lingered just to watch Kate go.
"Damn that gurl has got a nasty piece of ass" he thought to himself but immediately shook the thought off. He couldn't deny that he had some kind of attraction to the girl, but would he work on it and ask her out? That was left to be seen.

"You know I can always ask her on your behalf you know" the chef said catching Oby by surprise

"What ? don't look so surprised. I was once your age and a nervous wreck when it came to girls

" Ben, you and I both know I am way out of her league." Oby responded with a sigh of defeat

" like I said, i can ask her on your behalf in a subtle way that is" Ben smiled with mischief as he winked at Oby

" Please don't . let me work up the courage to do so myself" Oby begged

"Okay. But you have four days then I come in" Ben threatened playfully

"Okay, deal" Oby agreed and the changed the topic to upcoming Superbowl

Oby's shift ended at 2 am in the morning. But didn't want to say at the staff room reserved for night shifters as the there were always body action going on at night that Oby felt uncomfortable with. He was fortunate to have his home in a nearby neighborhood hence he walked home. But he was also unfortunate to have it in a rough neighborhood which mearnt that he had to improvise and make friends with one or two of the local gang members so that they could help spread the word the he was harmless to all, a move that favoured him. These friends told him when to and not cone back at night effectively being his eyes and ears within their world
That didn't mean that he'd leave his guard down when walking home after a late night shift

He was just about turning the corner that led to his block, when he felt a nasty foreboding. he stopped and surveyed around him. He saw nothing and then kept walking. He felt it again and this time it came more stronger that before. So without thinking, ran as fast as his legs could carry him screaming at the top of his voice to wake the entire neighborhood. Explaining could cone tomorrow but today, he wanted to survive.

He didn't stop until he was inside of his apartment building. Only then did he stop to catch his breath with loud heaves and coughing fits while laughing at himself like a slowpoke

He put his hands in his pocket in order to fish out His keys only to discover that it was not there
" shit! Shit! Shit!!!" He exclaimed. What was he going to do now

He went down to the Porter and first apologized to the middle-aged lady about his previous actions earlier and explained to her what had happened especially about losing his keys hoping against hope that either she had a spare or tools he could use to pry open the door
"I truly sorry for your predicament but you would have to wait till the morning when the foreman comes in" she had said

Sighing with resignation, he walked back to his door and slid down the floor waiting for morning to come. Not knowing the extent of his tiredness due to the USAIN BOLT he had to do, his eyes drooped slowly and within ten minutes he was sound asleep with legs stretched out on the floor

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by xeenoblack15: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
Thanks 4 dah update mre ink 2 ya pen
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Danpersie31(m): 1:12am On Jul 08, 2019
Emempaul:
Chapter 6

Tennessee,
U. S. A

Opening the door to his apartment, Oby trudge slowly to his bed and flopped down on it. These few days had been really hectic for him combining both his education and a part time job and it was telling in him

"Just five minutes sleep and I ll be okay" he muttered to himself and closed his eyes for a short nap

Slowly, he opened his eye and his hands went to his phone in order to check the time only to find out that he, not just had a five minutes nap but a three hour sleep.
It was 5pm and almost time for his shift which began and 7pm. He also had to contend with a grumbling stomach which seemed to have a mind of its own,so he got up and went straight to clean himself up since he slept in the clothes he had worn to school and got himself ready for work

Business for the restaurant he work at seem to move at a slower pace today as there were not a lot of costumers around today. His job mainly consisted of being a chef aid, dishwashing and taking out the garbage and since there was not much to do, he played around the cooking area with the chef whom he had come to see as a good friend of which he didn't have a lot of - if at all he had any

Unlike some days that had him constantly in his feet either washing the dishes or delivering orders to the waiters, today afforded him the time to think about his life and how boring and uneventful it was turning out to be. Just as he was reminiscent on the turn of events that led him here..........

"Order for table 4. Here take" Kate the blonde waitress handed him the order paper

"Finally we have an order" the chef exclaimed in a dramatic way while collecting the paper to go start cooking. Within fifteen minutes the food was ready and Oby took it to the delivery window were Kate stood waiting for the food order to take to the customer

"Here is your order for table 4" Oby said as he handed the food over to her

"Thanks Oby" she replied , take the food along with her to go serve the customer

Oby lingered just to watch Kate go.
"Damn that gurl has got a nasty piece of ass" he thought to himself but immediately shook the thought off. He couldn't deny that he had some kind of attraction to the girl, but would he work on it and ask her out? That was left to be seen.

"You know I can always ask her on your behalf you know" the chef said catching Oby by surprise

"What ? don't look so surprised. I was once your age and a nervous wreck when it came to girls

" Ben, you and I both know I am way out of her league." Oby responded with a sigh of defeat

" like I said, i can ask her on your behalf in a subtle way that is" Ben smiled with mischief as he winked at Oby

" Please don't . let me work up the courage to do so myself" Oby begged

"Okay. But you have four days then I come in" Ben threatened playfully

"Okay, deal" Oby agreed and the changed the topic to upcoming Superbowl

Oby's shift ended at 2 am in the morning. But didn't want to say at the staff room reserved for night shifters as the there were always body action going on at night that Oby felt uncomfortable with. He was fortunate to have his home in a nearby neighborhood hence he walked home. But he was also unfortunate to have it in a rough neighborhood which mearnt that he had to improvise and make friends with one or two of the local gang members so that they could help spread the word the he was harmless to all, a move that favoured him. These friends told him when to and not cone back at night effectively being his eyes and ears within their world
That didn't mean that he'd leave his guard down when walking home after a late night shift

He was just about turning the corner that led to his block, when he felt a nasty foreboding. he stopped and surveyed around him. He saw nothing and then kept walking. He felt it again and this time it came more stronger that before. So without thinking, ran as fast as his legs could carry him screaming at the top of his voice to wake the entire neighborhood. Explaining could cone tomorrow but today, he wanted to survive.

He didn't stop until he was inside of his apartment building. Only then did he stop to catch his breath with loud heaves and coughing fits while laughing at himself like a slowpoke

He put his hands in his pocket in order to fish out His keys only to discover that it was not there
" shit! Shit! Shit!!!" He exclaimed. What was he going to do now

He went down to the Porter and first apologized to the middle-aged lady about his previous actions earlier and explained to her what had happened especially about losing his keys hoping against hope that either she had a spare or tools he could use to pry open the door
"I truly sorry for your predicament but you would have to wait till the morning when the foreman comes in" she had said

Sighing with resignation, he walked ba

ck to his door and slid down the floor waiting for morning to come. Not knowing the extent of his tiredness due to the USAIN BOLT he had to do, his eyes drooped slowly and within ten minutes he was sound asleep with legs stretched out on the floor

nice update, but its too too short. and I observed you have really improved,but please you still have to get better with ur use of terms and conjunctions.

hoping to see more updates
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by germaphobe(m): 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
ok, we are here
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Tonyspecial(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
Good update
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by sunkoye: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nice one.

I love supernatural...
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chapter 7

TENNESSEE, USA

A twist to the left then to the right, eyes open then close then open again

'Haaaaa!" He screamed into his pillow in other to muffle the noise he made . He rolled out of bed as he couldn't take the restlessness anymore. He made his way to the kitchen,got out a glass cup and made his way to the sink to get a drink of water in other to quench his thirst any if possible calm his raging nerves.

After quenching his thirst, he went back to bed hoping to get so sleep but found it impossible. He took his phone which laid on the dresser beside his bed to check the time

1:32am

"Damn" he muttered to himself as he wondered why his worries choose today of all days to pester him. He knew he had left without even a hint of his whereabout and he knew too well how worried they would be about him

When his aunt Linda had dropped him at the airport eight months ago she had explicitly warned him to not contact them in anyway for his own safety as those after him had very resourceful means of tracking him but that didn't mean he didn't from time to time wonder if they missed him,if they were mad at him. Of course they would be mad.

"Who wouldn't be?!" He chastised himself
Would they punish him? What kind of punishment would be metted to him? Would he be forgiven? What kind of man had he become in this eight months? Yes for the first few weeks of his life in freedom he had led a rather promiscuous life but he got his acts together and moved on with his life.

Apart from his life has a forgotten prince like he'd refered to himself in his magnificent prison as he referred to the palace, he had trained as an engineer in one of those pompous and snoobish universities in Spain and even had a stint or two with one of the royal family subsidiary in construction. But he never got the feel of working as he was just there as a figure Head not really doing anything. Out here were he was not known and no title attached to his name, he became all he was meant to be in his choosen field with no favouritism or prejudice towards him

Bringing himself out from depressing his thought, he chided himself

"If I keep up with these thoughts, I might as well just prepare myself for the Looney house soon"
speaking out loud to himself

Andre left the bed againand this time, his destination was to the sitting room to watch a movie or two to in other to get his mind off his depressing thought. Finding the movie he was searching for and a hopeful distraction for his sleeplessness, inserted the movie into the DVD player. So engrossed in wanting a distraction, that he forgot to tune down the volume of the sound system that was still on loud, was startled by the loud noise of the 21st century theme song.

"What the Bleep?!" He quickly scrambled to reduce the volume hoping the loud noise didn't wake his neighbors

Not satisfied that the reduced volume would aid his quest, he matched to the front door to check if any of the neighbors woke up due to the noise. He opened the door quietly and looked to the left

" Thank God " he whispered to himself then looked to the right only to meet a body sprawled in fetal position near a door. Immediately,his barely awakened animal instinct kicked in, sniffing the air for blood or sign of drunkness, there was none. Instead his ears were met with a steady heart beat and sound breathing which made relax a bit

Was he sick? He asked himself as he drew closer to get a better view of the the guy. The male was dark skinned and probably the same age as him. He made to go as not to disturb the guy but he felt an unexplainable pull towards the guy to help him. Without thinking twice,strode back to him to find out why he was sleeping on the floor.

He gentle shook the guy awake but no response so he shook him Abit harder. The black guy finally stirred and woke up promptly

"Is it morning already? I need to go get the utility guy to come open my door" he was talking and standing up at the same time but Andre strained him

"Hold up big guy. First, it's not morning yet. Secondly, why didn't you just ask one of the neighbors to let you spend the night on their sofa instead of sleeping on the floor. It's not good for you"

" Well maybe that's because I don't have any friends as neighbors and I don't believe you would open your door to a random stranger you hardly know let alone to sleep on your sofa" the black guy countered

' Well fair enough. I wasn't thinking that far deep" Andre apologized

" No problem. Pls can you tell me what says the time" the black guy asked

" 2:46 am"

" Blood fucking great! I still have like 4 to 5 hours till I can get some proper sleep on my bed" the black guy whined

" You're welcome to come sleep in my apartment. I don't mind"

The black guy gave Andre a strange look, it was some seconds before Andre read the face of the the black guy before quickly dispelling the thought

" No,no,no,no. I'm not Gay, I was just offering help. If you don't want, then it's ok."

" Why did you think that I thought you were gay. I am no homobic even though I am not gay. And being gay is no crime. I was just thinking that I have lived in this apartment for eight months now and no one has ever offered me this kind of gesture" the black guy answered truthfully

" That's because we never met until now" Andre replied

"O my manners! My name is Iniobong and I'm from Nigeria. But people call me Oby because the former is kind of a tongue twister"he laughed

" I'm Andre and it's nice to meet you. But you have less than 5 hours of sleep before the utiliy guy comes. I don't know about you but I'm bombed. And unless you want to spend that time sitting here, I suggest you get your ass up"

Oby got up, picked his things and followed Andre. Immediately Oby was settled in on the sofa, Andre strode back to his room feeling all his restlessness vanish,in its place was a tired yawn escaping his mouth and the moment his head tourched the pillow, he was out cold

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chapter 8

Palacio Del Poderoso Rey,
Alfa de Alfas,
Lupus heights,
Spain.

Empty

That's what the palace felt like now. It's was true what they said, that you don't value what you have until you lose it. In this case,it was his son. Andre had managed to fill the palace with his warmth and laughter just like how his mother had once done but for the past few year, he was more or less caged within the palacre walls due to the rising attack on the wolf empire by unknown forces of rouge's and outlaws whose loyalty when often bought by the highest bidder to do their dirty works. His instinct had told him the were after something or someone but who or what thatwas, was still unknown to him.
He remembered how after one of his major arguments with about his freedom of movement, he just became cold, distant and resigned.

Though this precaution was for his own good,as the attacks had become more rampant and viscous, he knew more than anything that the boy just wanted his freedom away from the wolf community. Seeing that he felt inadequate as he could no transfrom into a wolf- a gift to his kind by the godess herself. It seem that he had inherited his mother's genes making him feel like an outsider. He had tried to assure him that he was loved none the less be it him being a werewolf or a human, but it seemed it had hit is self esteem hard as it was never heard of an Alpha king's offspring being human no matter who he was blessed by the moon goddess to be bonded with.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a knock on the door but before he could answer it was opened revealing his eldest son.

" I've told you countless times what use is it knocking if you don't wait to be told to come in?"asked the king who knew his son's antics at his behavior. He too had being affected by Andre's flight and couldn't help but beat himself up over it as he felt that if he had paid his younger brother more attention and had been more of a elder brother than the soilder he was maybe he might have stopped him from running away

"Any news from the outline packs" Fernandez asked as his son made to sit opposite of him

" No father. It's as if they just stopped and disappeared. And that bothers me alot " replied Fillipe truthfully

" More like they were looking for someone or something and the moment tyeyfound out they wouldn't be getting it they just upped and left" he added

Fernandez poundered over the a little before asking again

" And the spies?"

" No news from them yet. The last I heard from them, they reported their trail going cold"

" What about Andre?" Thie king asked hoping against hope

" No news yet. It's as if he too just just dropped off the face of the Earth" Filipe replied with a frustrated voice. Fernandez stood up and walked over to the window overlooking the well maintained lawns. Without looking back spoke

" Today would have been his birthday"

" He's just as head strong and stubborn as mother was"

" Even more than her. But you were worse. Imagine having both parents and you still managed to put us on our toes." The king smiled at a memory of Filipe in teens and some of the troubles he caused. He turned back just in time to see Filipe's mouth quirk up in one of those his mischievous grins that made females fawn over him

" I miss mother" confessed Filipe

" I know. Who wouldn't?"

" I have a strong feeling if we are to find Andre then we might need the help of -" he was cutoff when they both felt the presence of a very strong and powerful yet familiar aura. They both went out to go welcome their guest howbeit grudgingly.

As they both came to the hall way, pentagram appeared as bright as fire yet only giving out a caressing and comforting warmth. Some seconds later, a familiar face appeared

" Linda Delacrux!!! How many times have I told you to use the door. Doors are meant to be opened and closed. They are for going out and coming in. You use them for the same"
Fernandez bellowed though half heartedly

" Well, hello to you too your majesty" Linda said with smile of mischief evidenton her face as she left the pentagram To go heart felt hug Fenandez . When she withdrew she turn towards Filipe as if to give him then at the last minute went for his hears and twisted it painfully.

" That is for not visiting or calling for 2 years. I thought we taught you better than this. Instead you go about manwhoring yourself all-round and leaving your dear old aunt to take care of herself alone " Linda complained ignoring Filipe's pleading to be released from her grip

" Oh Linda give the boy a break. I think he's learnt his lesson" trying to rescue his son from the grip of the evil witch ( Filipe's words when he was much younger)while stiffling a laugh over his son's present condition. Releasing him from the painful grip, hugged him patted him on his back affectionately

" Father she nearly mutilated me and you're not going to do anything?" Asked Filipe in mock whine well he still rubbed his still tender ear in other to sooth the pain.

You didn't have to go that hard ? Even Rufus felt the pains" Filipe said referring to his alter ego - his wolf

"I know. I intended it that way" Linda retorted

" Thanks to the goddess, I was not paired with you as a mate. I might as well have abdicted the throne to you in other to runaway" Fernandez muttered

" Well thanks for the vote of confidence" she replied, smiling as they proceeded to the study to have more privacy

"Ha! Fez, I didn't know you loved to watch birds . When did this new hobby begin? " She asked nonchalantly as she walked calm and calculatedly towards the window as both men watched her carefully not saying a word , not understanding what she was playing at as the never liked birds and she knew it.

As she drew closer to the window, the bird didn't feel threatened and in one quick move sent a force that wrapped round the bird and drew it backr to her.

" Deliver this message back to Nimrod, keep clear what's mine and he will not be having a she-bitch to deal with" she shared at the bird before letting it go.

She watched fly away back to its master before turning back to both men but this time, all traces of smile gone, replaced with the warrior queen she was.

" Gentlemen we need to talk"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Introvert (a Short Story) / Loving Tyler / The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.