Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:19 PM

LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) (18590 Views)

LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Mysteries Of NoLand (Book 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2020
cassbeat:
I really love this eyeneka.... God bless

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2020
for those of you that don't understand the last chapter, that was Iniobong's father 2 years prior to when he was born.

The next chapter shud be ready either today or tomorrow. it all depends on my strength after typing. Don't worry, it won't disappoint
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 11:58am On Dec 19, 2020
Thanks for the update @Emempaul, like Oliver twist, pls I want more more more
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Emempaul:
for those of you that don't understand the last chapter, that was Iniobong's father 2 years prior to when he was born.

The next chapter shud be ready either today or tomorrow. it all depends on my strength after typing. Don't worry, it won't disappoint
Thanks for sharing
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2020
sorry guys the last chapter I posted got removed by the whatever bot.

I saw it yesterday again only for it to be removed. that chapter is clean and free from sensored words so why the removal. I be also been banned on an of and on basis since Monday.

Please Mods help out here
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:41am On Dec 23, 2020
cc: divepen obinnau
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:41am On Dec 23, 2020
cc: divepen obinnau
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:12am On Dec 23, 2020
Chapter 37

Present Day

It was 8:am and the heat of late summer was get to them despite them being indoors and the air-conditioning on full blast. Not to talk of the harsh transpiration being emitted from those in-human walking boilers cramped up in Andre's apartment. Oby was dying in silence but he had to bear it for the greater good as he joined hands with Andre and other team of technicians working to install, troubleshoot the system and ensure it was calibrated to work properly.

Just as they were about rounding up, Diana felt it right to grace them with her oh- so - important presence, Oby thought sacasticly

" How nice of you to join us your majesty. Would you like us bring you a chair and stool so that you sit relax and watch your subjects engage in perform menial task , at the behest of the throne?" Mocked Andre, howbeit playfully and gave an exaggerated bow for proper show.

Diana, catching on, fanned herself with her left hand and contured her face into a fake blush, letting her brows twist in a fake aristocratic manner

" As we you wish. I would also like my royal breakfast of the Jester's head served to me on a golden plata along with a mallet to smash his skull and a spoon to scoop his brain and relish the delicacy for days to come" there were snorts and fake gaggings as well as drinks being spat out of different mouths round her

" As you wish my lady" Andre said earning him a growl from the far corner of the room

" Geez guys, nice way to ruin a perfect breakfast" Linda fumed as snickering was heard from Andre, Oby and Diana while Alva smiled at their antics. The general atmosphere was lighter than the previous night when male dominance was at it worst ebb.

Another two hours and everything was ready for operation, while Linda Agnes and Alva stepped out for a while

" You girls just know to kick a guy out of his bachelor pad. My entire space has been ruined" Andre whined at the disruption of his entire living space

His once pristine dinning space had been converted into a vacum cubicle, equipped to be soundproofing and had a make shift air-conditioning to regulate the temperature within the room thereby cooling the computer system that was installed. It also held a command center close to the cubicle were three of them were currently standing.

Diana was currently a bundle of nerves at the task she was about to perform and was trying hard to mask her fears of falling short of their expectations.

Oby handed the two way radio over to her in which she collected and brought it near her mouth to speak. She hesitated for some seconds to catch her nerves and will herself into composure while remembering all the training and drawing from those experiences courtesy of both her father and uncle, she stood firm.

" Eagle eyes, report" she ordered

" This is eagle eyes. We are just about through setting up and currently calibrating the rifle. The sun is high with low winds blowing in a southwest direction, perfect for clean shots* the person on the other side of the two way radio informed her

" Good. Once the rifle has been calibrated, I need visual on the Target. " She instructed again to which she was replied

" Just about done with both setup and calibration. You should be getting visuals right about now."

All three of them looked to the big screen to find out that indeed they were seeing what their spotter was seeing. What they were looking at was the interior of an empty office and what they were looking for was a work station that they could commandeer in other to infiltrate the intranet of DORMIN LÉBABE TOWER and spy on their security.

Simple right. Wrong.

From the little she had been able to recollect from the file in her father's office right before she left, it firewall fortification was equal that of Fort Knox. In other words hacking couldn't be done from the outside but only from the inside.

As the spotter zoomed in on the office. There it was, they finally got what they were looking for.

" Target acquire" informed Eagle eye

" Good job. Hold it get a correct read and standby for further instructions," instructed Diana

" Standing by "

She turned to Oby who immediately understood and switch his radio on and tuned into his own team

" How are we doing guys? He asked

" Three potential targets identified and marked" reported the guys

" Send it in' he instructed. Not more than a few seconds later, a beeb sounded,informing of an incoming mail.

" Put it on screen ' he told Andre to which he did, displaying two Ladies and a male, all legal info about them as well as their illegal and treacherous acts against human kind and supernatural. They indeed were very good candidated targets

And all three were in the building, getting acustomed to their new offices. Each having a bulls eye on them. Each never returning home alive and in one piece. Andre, Filipe and Leo, both of whom had come to join them when Oby was in communication with his team agreed and with a nod, gave Oby the go ahead to inform them

" You have clearance to mark them,and wait for your orders." He instructed

" Got that"

He handed the radio over to Leo who switch it to a predetermined channel that talked to all the teams at once

" This is team leader speaking, remember you have less than sixty seconds to evacuate the area. Do not bother dismantling your weapons once your shots have been fired. Just get out of there. If caught, follow protocols. We will get you out immediately. Good luck."

A chorus of horaahs were heard then seconds of silence before each sniper pair began reporting in

" This is alpha team. Target acquired

" This is bravo team. Target acquired

" This is team charlie. Target acquired"

" Eagle eye in . Target In. Sight"

"On my mark..." A pregnant pause

"........ FIRE" a calm yet deadly voice full of dread instructed. A voice full of authority and beckoned lesser Beings to bow. A voice that unnerved Diana. A voice that belonged to Filipe.

Shots were fired from different buildings, at different elevations, two miles away from their unsuspecting target. Taking them out before they had time blink and think. They stood no chance

The Vacov Tx5 sniper rifle was a beast in its own class, taking out target from a distance of about three miles with an average velocity displacement of only an inch per mile under unfavourable wind conditions. The gun came packed with a 100mm projectile capable of tearing through reinforced concrete slabs even from it's recommended range of target. It was the perfect weapon for long distance urban warfare.

The downside of it was, first, it's recoil, which was not for the faint hearted as it had a very powerful recoil force, to compensate for this, it came with two pairs gun stands must be bolted down but adjustable to shooters taste of inclination and height. The second downside was it loud noise. What it gained in mileage it lost in stealth. Hence the need for each team to evacuate their shooting point before any sort of law enforcement caught up to them.

The assassinations were actually a cover-up for their purpose - shooting In a robotic A.I into the building. When teams alpha, Bravo and Charlie were taking out their targets, team Eagle eyes had the riskiest job, shooting a total of five rounds. While the first three shots were projectiles shot in other to expand the cracked window, the last two shots were rounds carrying the compressed robot. Two were shot just in case anyone got damaged the other would replace.

The three other teams had called in the inform them that they had cleared danger zone but team Eagle eyes was yet to call in even ten minutes after their expected time of check in .

Oby was pacing the makeshift command center, Andre was tapping his feet on the ground while Diana was biting her fingers in dread and anticipation of either good or bad news. She was silently blaming herself from r send the men to their doom. It was one thing having to play wargames with her uncle and father were she was in a control environment and lives were not at sake. This was a different ball game on a whole new level where lives were at stake and decision decided peoples fate.

Twenty minutes past team Eagle eyes expected time of call in, the radio crackle to life with the team informing the command center they made it out though not without bumps and scratches as they ran into law enforcement but it was nothing they couldn't handle. The were finally able to breathe most especially Diana. This was like the best new to her as she couldn't handle having peoples blood on her conscience.

Once reassured, she immediately went into action, activating the robotic intelligence. As forseen, one of the robotics failed to initiate transformation while the other succeeded, immediately transforming into a six legged spider. The operator directed the robot to the work station and gave it a command to attach itself to the USB outlet it the workstation to which it successfully did and started interfacing with the mainframe of the system so that whatever it saw Diana saw.

While the cops were crowding everywhere within the DORMIN LÈ BAB TOWER, condoning off the crime seen Diana was busy hacking her way through their mainframe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2021
Chapter 38

The Chinese and the Americans had always been at each other's throat try to best each other various fields. While the Americans boasted of having military prowlness and economic wizardry, the Chinese capitalized on their population density In building up tech savvies and business moguls who in turn built their economy to become one of the best.

Both countries were always at each other's throat, sabotaging and counter-sabotaging each other at every given point in time, playing mind games and exercising wits and brains while smiling,shaking hands and drinking wine. So much so that when the race to send satellites into space in other to have free reign over snooping at each other's backyard while escaping the bottlenecks of human error and bureaucratic nightmares of captured spies and political skimish, the Chinese made it a point to ensure as many spy satellites were up in space in other to outwit their frenemy, the Americans.
Errors of omission due to security slacks on softwares and inferior hardware components integration were bound to happen and one of those errors happened with the Xi Sung Communication Satellite shot up to space some years back codenamed FALCON EYE.

Equipped with an ARES i9 processing chip which had an incredible speed of process information at a speed faster than sound, perfect for quick, real time observation and sneak-in infiltration into a targeted computer system or network and out before anyone noticed. It's real time image capturing, with a lag time of 3seconds, it was a good instrument for tracking troops during ops and good surveillance tool for territorial survey. It was a perfect hunter for intel,
made for the sole purpose of spying and gathering intel on American defence communication activities in relation to their own activities and interests but hidden under the guise of an ordinary Telecom and imagery capturing Satelite - But even their Frenemy were not deceived.

There was a downside......

The conceptual idea of the Satelite was in itself years ahead hence no available on-board processor was able to work with it. The Chinese saw the problem and tried working around it by reprogramming one of the cordex-Q5 processor to fit the criteria.

And it worked........

Unfortunately, it made the system easily hackable by any hacker who knew their onion and the Chinese developers knew this and decided to keep it a secret from the government so as not to receive any backlash as they were already past it's scheduled launch.

Fortunately for them , they worked around the problem again, creating a supercomputer that had was binded to the Satelite. In other words, only that computer could read, receive and send messages, info and intel to and from the Satelite, problem solved

Or so they thought......

Unfortunately, there was a sixteen year old someone called Diana in the mix, who could work miracle with the keyboard and signs and wonders with a high grade next generation laptop. And that, she was currently doing, hacking her way into the DORMIN LÈ BAB TOWER's computer system whose security was also compared with Fort Knox. While she had commandeered the Satelite and using it Infrared sensor to map out the entire building and number of people currently in occupancy of the tower, she was also work on hacking her way into their systems

Diana had been constantly hitting a snag each time she tried accessing their intranet through the back door, having to be careful as not to give her Trojan horse.

She had dealt with this kind of security software before and she knew that it was going to be a herculean task hacking into the le babe. But that didn't discourage her.

She downloaded one of her worms from her cloud storage but didn't immediately upload it to their system. Instead, she first tested the speed of response of their security firewall to foreign invasion by sending a dummy attack on their system while protecting her own end from counterattack. The security firewall response was in less than ten seconds, picking off the dummy spyware and erasing it's threats from their system.

That was fast" she thought to herself but it also gave her an idea on what to tweak on the real deal in other to be effective. Working as fast as she could, giving the circumstances, created a modified version of her spyware worm with a few tweaks for added advantage.

She uploaded the malware first then followed by the virus and lastly spyware. While the system was busy fighting off the hexcane malware, the spyware worm was busy embedding itself into the system replicating itself as fast as possible, spreading like wild fire throughout the matrix of the firewall, weakening it one byte a time. By the time the system could recognise it's folly and adapt to the new threat of the virus and the spyware, it's defences were left bare for the picking.

Diana smiled at her victory. The entire four hours of non stop hacking had finally paid off . For before her was the entire security feed of TOWER LÉ BAB. She did some key strokes sending the images to the main screen in the command center then picked up her radio to announce her success

" Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you live streams from Tower LÉ BAB" she then stood up to go join the others in observing the activities within the Tower

Leo,Dan, Steve, Andre, Filipe, Linda and Agnes were watching the activities on the screen when Diana came to join them

" Good work Diana, but I think I would start being more careful around my data were you are concerned" Andre whispered to hearing while faking a shiver. Diana smirked and lean in to also whisper back

" What makes you think I haven't already gotten your data" which caused Andre to actually frown while she smiled, patting him on the back. They were interrupted by a growl and a warning

" Do you both mind?! We are trying to do serious work here so either shut it or get out" Andre raised his hand in surrender while Diana just glared at him but remained silent all the same.

As they all watched the screen, planning was ongoing based on information they were getting from the activities within the Tower. Possible points of inflitration, number of men needed for the assault, types of munitions to be used as they were dealing with other supernaturals beings, time of assault, possible risk and exposure assessment as well as rules of engagement which of cause was mercy to no quarter as the mercenaries employed for the Tower's protection were known to be the ruthless lot that held no morals.

Diana had excused herself shortly after she and Andre were scolded by Filipe. She felt insulted and was currently fuming like a ten year old in the spare bedroom that Andre had given her to rest. She must still brooding when her phone rang. She picked up the call without looking at the caller id and nearly snarled at the person on he other side of the call

" Who the f**k is this"

" Wow wow kiddo. Who stole your lollipop?" Her father asked while she rolled her eyes. She quickly composed herself and apologized

" Sorry Dad, I was just not having a good day. How are you and what made you remember your munchkin today" she asked

" You young lady have got a lot of explaining to do. Imagine me coming to L. A to pay you a surprise visit only for me to be told by your uncle that you are currently in San Francisco on a holiday trip even when you're grounded. So tell me Diana Braxton, why are you not in L.A. as you are supposed to be?"

Diana knew she was in deep shit when her father used her complete name. She cringed at her father's tone but she also knew she had to tell him the truth or atleast a bastardized version as she could never really lie to her father

" Dad please hear me out. I am currently San Francisco for a really important engagement and...

" Diana give me one good reason I shouldn't be on the next to San Francisco, track your line, find you and pull you by the ear and drag you back to Canada with me?" Diana's father bellowed into the phone making Diana cringe further

" What if I told you it was end-of-the-world grade engagement would that qualify" she tested

" Diana" he warned

"" Okay okay. But promise me you wouldn't make any rash decision"

" Diana you are testing my patience which is currently running in low fuel" Diana was currently wishing the ground to open up and swallow her but since it didn't happen she was stuck with answering her father

" Okay keep an open mind and please don't interrupt till I'm through" she took a deep breath and began explaining everything to him right from the start. Well except for the part of being mates to that control,arrogant and pompous fool

When she finished explaining the situation, she pause to hear her father's comment but was met with silence

" Dad are still there?"

" Yes Diana I am. Now, I need you to listen to me carefully. Keep away from that building I am currently on my way to board the next flight to San Francisco. Promise me you will not follow them during the assault.

" Sorry Dad,you know that I can't do that. Peoples live depending on this

" Diana..... Please... If anything happens to you I will never forgive myself. Allow me to be selfish for once" she could hear the sobs in her father's voice and she knew how heart broken he would be if anyt.hing were to happen to her. But she also knew that backing out now was not an option

" I love you Dad but nothing will happen to me. If I don't go and that tyrant succeeds because you were too afraid to loose me to death, would you be able to forgive yourself if you saw the destruction that followed that tyrant's ascension and knew that you could have stopped it" when there was no reply from his end she knew that she had finally gotten to him.

" I along with the others fight for our freedom, out right to life and to live, our right to free will. And if we die then we died knowing we fought win or loose". Her father knew the inevitable decision and sighed

" Don't die on me kiddo. Else I'll wake you up and kill you myself" his voice was hoarse from trying to reign in his tears

" I love Dad to pieces and I promise not to die on you. Please don't be hard on Uncle Ian, he literally had no say in my leaving".

" Love you munchkin. Keep safe and don't die on me else I'll wake you up and kill you myself" he playful offered knowingfully that there was nothing he could do to stop her.

" I will dad and I love. I promise not to die on you" she made other entreaties to him to appease his mind before ending the call

" Well that went well"

" Jesus! Mary! Joseph!!!" She jumped at the intruder's voice heart racing at a high speed

" And all his heavenly saints" mused Filipe as he stood by her door with an air of arrogance. When she had somewhat calm her racing heart, she narrowed her eyes in the arrogant jerk and look to wipe the smirk off his face searched for whattotheiw at him . Her eyes made contact with the mug on the night stand by her side and in one Swift move, immediately reached for it and threw it at him

It missed him by a few centimeter and shattered on impact with the wall behind him, it's shards splintering all around the room.

" What was that for ?" he asked

" You intrude on my privacy, listen on in a call that was meant to be private and you stand there asking me what was that for?!! Could you please exit this room so that I can have some privacy. You face is infuriating me the more I look at it."

" Listen here little girl you are in no position to order me around. I am your mate and your alpha, you will do well to give me my respect. I demand that respect." Diana brow pecked up at his insinuation

" Well Mr big bad alpha prince who has had his life handed to him on a golden plata, I don't give a damn who you are. I will not be a subject of your arrogant stupidity in stoking your ego. I may be a little girl to you but if you want my respect, then you earn it but as of right now you are nothing to me, you mean nothing to me " she spat venomously holding his eyes in challenge as she walked past him or atleast she tried as her right arm was held back in a tight grip. She defied the excruciating pain inflicted by Filipe's hard grip. Eyeing first his hand then him as if to say " is this your best". She steadied her heart beat and numbed her mind against the pain a tactics her uncle had taught her for enduring pain.

When Filipe saw that he would get no rise from her begging him, it further infuriated him as he tightened his grip and drew her close to him. Her alluring scent was intoxicating making him almost losing control of himself

" I will make you submit to me. I will dominate you. You are mine and you will learn to kneel before your better or you will be severally punished." Diana showed him no emotions which ticked him off the more but the metallic scent of blood tickled his nose.

He looked down and saw the damage his grip on her arm had caused. He immediately withdrew his hand, whose fingers had morphed into claws. He was motified by his action, losing control like that and harming his mate. He made to touch the spot but she stepped back away from him taking deep breaths to reign in the pain but she was failing woefully as it finally assaulted her senses. She held back those tears with all the will she could muster. Just then Andre walked in on them

" Diana, Oby and Alva wan....." He paused and looked at his brother then Diana who seemed to be troubled in breathing the he saw the blood. He made to step forward but she held out her other hand to stop him and he paused his steps

" Please don't".she begged

" Did he do that to you?" He asked but she didn't answer instead she looked away

" You did this to her" he stated looking at his brother confirmation but he too looked away giving him all the confirmation he needed

" Please walk away Filipe. Walk out of here or I wouldn't be able to hold back what I want to do to you" Andre threatened eyes turning a dark shade of blue which seemed to glow bright.
Filipe was about to give a retort but it died in his mouth when he saw both eye of Andre were glowing and his Aura darkening dangerously

" NOW!!!!!!! " He commanded.

Filipe hesitated wanting to show dominance but thought better of it 'cos first off, he didn't know this version of Andre and it rattled him. The aura that was spewing around him was definitely looking deadly, which made him wander wether Andre had been hiding his powersall the while he was still in the palace or it was something he just newly came into. But then again the way he control himself to him otherwise

Secondly, even he was ashamed of not controlling himself and hurting his mate a feat he had always been proud of.
He turned and quietly walked out of the bed room

" Let's get you healed up, shall we??"" He said , approaching Diana causiously and gingerly taking her hands

He tore open the offending fabric that was sticking to the wound before warning her

" This is going to hurt but you'll be healed in no time

"Get on with it will you and stop stalling"

" Yes ma'am" he answered.

True to his words, it hurt like hell and back but she endured as her body magically stitched back up. Wanting to take her mind off the pain and irritation, asked in-between anguish and gritted teeth as her skin began stitching itself back to normal

" Tell me about this mate thingy " this earned her a raised brow

" You are one stubborn human with a sucidal mind and tendency to be spontaneous, you do know that"

" So I've been told Andre. Now back to the topic, mates"

" What do you want to know?" He asked, watching her with curiosity

" Every thing" but within her she added " so that I can get out of this mythical bondage"

Andre read her like an open book and he already knew her thought line even without prying into her thoughts which of course he wouldn't do.
He shook his head in his conclusion. Filipe just lost his mate due to his recklessness and overbearing dominance. Heaven save him
So he began explaining the concepts of mates to her

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 11:01am On Jan 27, 2021
Chapter 39

When Agnes and Linda heard of Filipe's overbearing arrogance and ill treatment to Diana, his face took the brunt of their anger with a constant barrage of right and left hooks followed by a ear full on how wrong he was to have treated Diana in such demeaning way. By the time they were through with him,, he sure as hell promised himself never to fall on their bad side again.

Diana came out of the room sometime later with Andre behind her. She had her ears full of things about mate that made her go all shades of pink and red. It was outright disconcerting to say the least and there was no way she was going to do anything or go anywere near that arrogantly domineering fool.

As they approached the main room, she felt tension in the air and eyes on her which made her faltered in steps but she shrugged it off and walked with heads held high towards Agnes and Linda who were giving her a pity look. When she got near them she asked for an update of the planned assault on Tower LÉ BAB later that night in which she was updated. She was also told Oby and Alva went to do a physical scouting of their routes to and from the Tower as well as possible spy the physical number hostiles they may face during their assault to ascertain with in images gotten from Infrared thermal Satelite imagery.

Dan was laising with his friends within the law enforcement to be on standby either as a backup or cover-up for their activities when the showdown was ongoing. Steve was calling favours from his friends within NATRA to divert all traffic away from the vicinity of the Tower to avoid civilian casualties. Leo was meeting with the governor who happened to be a long time friend of the royal family and very much aware of the supernatural world and it's entails even though he was human to discuss about possible cover story and damage control and backup plans incase things went south.

Filipe was with the men, grouping them into teams, assigning them their tasks ahead of their assault on the building. But his mind was on a certain stubborn and strong willed brunette youngster whose every bone was to defy him at every given turn. He was deep in thought when his attention was called to the command room as viewing was ongoing of live feeds from their target building.

The Tower itself was a thirty-four storey building with a helipad and a rooftop swimming pool according to Infrared Satelite imagery. The whole thirty-forth floor was a huge empty space possibly for hosting company events and whatnot. The other floors down to the ninteenth floor were office blocks for the company while from the fifteenth floor down to the second floor was to be rented out to individual organizations that wanted to make use of them. The first floor held the reception,eatery,gym and security room while the ground floor held the underground garage rumoured to go another two stories downward.

Cameras were on all floors except for the sixteenth seventeenth and eighteenth floor which seemed to operate a different elevator and staircase that serviced only the three floors. Their entrances were also guarded by heavily built, no nonsense taking, armed men.

Alva asked Diana if the camera could be zoomed in to the top of the door leading to the dedicated staircase. There was an inscription on the entrance but the distance blurred it's illegibility. Diana in response nodded and zoomed in on it. Once it became clearer to be read, hitched breaths and gasps could be be heard.

Oby who had been quiet all through, stepped back in horror at the sight of the inscription knowing full what it stood for or rather who it was ascribed to

" You have got to be fucking kidding me" Alva seethed through gritted teeth

Series of unfiltered curses were heard from Linda while Agnes just stared at the inscription as if willing it to disappear.

Andre, Filipe and the others just look as confused at why the others were agitated by a single inscription

" Would someone mind telling the rest of us why just a single inscription got you all jumping, cussing allover and freaking out?"

There was silence for some seconds before someone finally decided to explain

" It's a language long dead and buried. It's Knai-tongue, common to a minority tribe Endor in ancient Canana. It translates to " choose now your path oh creature of misfortune" a trademark spell used only by a coven witches otherwise known as Sisters of Endor or in this case Witches of Endor.

The inscription can either be used as a gateway to other realms or just plain cloaking in other to hide supernatural activities. Just like the one used to hide the werewolves from human activities and interferences. " It was Diana who explained rattling even Filipe.

How did she know of their activities? He questioned himself as Every eye turn to her, of which she shrugged it off causally

" What!! Can't you guys see ? it boldly written there" she said pointing to the screen as if it was the most obvious thing. Alva heaved loudly at her ignorance.

" Diana, you are the only one in this room who sees the inscription as plain and simple english. The rest of us just sees it as it is. We only know it to be them because we understand the language and have had the misfortune to having crossed paths with them countless times throughout the ages. You being able to read and understand it, is part of the pecks of your Legacy, nothing is ever hidden from you....not even a lie" Alva explained

" Oh" was her only response

" Which brings us back to the next question. Who are these sisters or witches of Endor. And how do we fight them" the question came from Filipe

" Demon's of Endor is a more term for them. They are the ones responsible for handling the blood sacrifice to the diety King, Nimrod and whatnot. They are also responsible for the execution of errant members and adminstration of punishment" Oby paused his explanation to reign in his emotions before continuing

" They killed my father right in front of me after cornering us from a family trip we were returning from. They slit his throat, removed his heart and forced it on me to eat as the basis of a forced initiation or the next would be my mother and sister

We were only saved by providence that the death of my father had inadvertently activated the mark of an untouchable within me as well as Oath Of Redemption with which my father bargained his life with for his family's protection. The witches sent for the job were taken out and we, spirited away to safety.

They are resilient and persistent lot and still, somehow found me. Fortunately for me this time, I was alone and prepared for them.

Unfortunately for them, they met with more than they bargained for. None was left breathing along with a message. The message was passed along and received loud and clear. They very well stayed clear my path.

Those band of witches have no morality left in them. They are manipulative bunch of madmen and women who have willingly sold off their souls and those of their family to the devil Himself for power, rank and fame. The only way to deal with them is to make sure you do what ever needs to be done to any of them who stands in your way."

Oby said smiling as if remembering something facinating. Agnes who had been quiet since seeing the inscription while listening suddenly had a remembered something from Oby's words that made her uncomfortable and decided to test the theory running in her head

" It was you wasn't it" she stated matter of factly

" it was you rattled them into hiding, wasn't it?"

" Yes it was me" he didn't deny it which left Agnes and Linda mouth hanging.

" You don't come after my family and friends, threaten them in my presence and live to tell the story plus I needed to tell them to understand the consequences of their previous action of killing my father. It more or less was payback but with class and style" explained Oby with a glint of pride in his work.

" Would someone explain to us what he did?" Asked a confused Andre

" Well your friend over there did a total makeover of the members of the coven sent after him. He sent their heads with their heart in their mouth back to the coven. Then Every once in a while sent a decapitated and dismembered body to their children as gifts wrapped in expensive materials. It almost caused a civil war amongst themselves.

As if that wasn't enough, on one beautiful day, he strolled in on their meeting. Mind you, not only is their meeting known to only few, access to it is usually treacherous if you don't belong to the 10 ruling houses that makeup the ruling council. He sat with them smiling like a chestshire cat while they were shitting In their pants.

After that incident, they just upped and went into hiding Which begs to ask the question who your father really took the Oath of Redemption with.
And how is it that you knew were to find them, trapezed into their midst, caused them a huge fright enough to make them scamper for their lives and then waltz out of there unharmed, when we, till this day, do not know their their location" Alva explained, observing Oby in a new light of admiration and caution

" That's for me to know and you to know later. Which also brings back to the initial question of how do we take them out? Trust me, they are no walk in the park " Oby answered

" I and Linda will take care of them while the rest of you take care of others. We need a clear path for legacies to move unhindered. But suffer no delusions people, we are be up against a highly formidable opponent who has gotten all the time to evolve in tact and rules of engagement which I might add will not be in your best interest to be taken as prisoner.

They are ruthlessly and relentlessly efficient in picking off their opponent. Need I remind all that the element of surprise is all what we are banking on and even that doesn't guarantee success. Once we get to that entrance on the sixteenth floor, we know not what to expect as we are basically on our own.

So I ask- no, I beseech you all to find the will to live. Give youselves the will to fight and win 'cos if we don't then the ones we fight for are already doomed " Agnes admonished them making them understand the perils that this mission entailed

Everyone in the room were silently watching the screen while also thinking about the outcome of this battle as well as Agnes unspoken words. Some of them were not going to make it back alive

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Chapter 40

Everyone had been paired up with the teams Filipe had earlier created and dismissed in other to get ready for the night's operation. Excitement and dread permeated the air for Filipe's men. Excitement because it had been quite a long while since they last stretched their muscles and flexed their strength in combat.

The only things that kept them from slacking was the constant brute physical and mental training along with the occasional combat and tactical competitions organised by the council in other to foster peace, cooperation and unity amongst the werewolf kind.

Dread because they knew within them that in these battle there was possibility of them returning but in body bags. But this is what they born for , trained for, bled for and signed up for hence they were not going to back out as it was an immense privilege to fight and die for their race alongside their comrades

Diana was busy with the final touches of linking the command center with the laptop she would be taking with her, so that she could Access data from her laptop remotely. She was carryingout finishing touches and making preparations to leave in other to meet up with her team when she heard a knock on the door to her cubicle.

She answered without looking at who entered

" Come in"

The person entered without saying a thing and Diana didn't bother looking up. After a while when it registered in her mind that someone had indeed entered her cubicle and that same person was currently watching her, she raised her head to see who was that hadn't entered only to be met with blue eyes and a face of one who she wished not to see - atleast not yet

Her eyes never left his face as it was as though she was seeing him for the first time. His buzz cut blond hair accentuated his blue eyes and perfectly chiseled jawlines.

Her eyes trailed down to his lips that looked soft and succulent. No man should be this sinfully beautiful. The fact that she started having these kind of sinful thought towards a guy that she hardly knew and wasn't in the bit ashamed of it in itself began to worry her.

A voice cleared followed by and arrogant smirk was enough to snap her out of disconcerting thoughts that made feel all hot and bothered

" Like what you see? Take a picture, it would last longer" Filipe said with a smirk still plastered on his face. After managing to control all the shades of red that must have appeared on her cheeks, ensuring her embarrassment was complete, she decided to play him at his game

" Surely you don't think you measure up to my taste? 'Cos truely you don't" she fired back earning her deep grutal growl and look that promise something carnal as he took dangerous steps towards her

" Be careful mate of how you tease me 'cos i might just decide bend you on your knees and take you right here" he voice and demeanor had edged towards lustand this both frightened her and at the same time it excited her

Damn.

So this how the so-called matebond Andre had told her about messed her mind and will to choice. She decided there and then to fight it. She would not be a slave to some stupid bond that made her loose the right to freewill. She needed to end this now and fast

" Too bad old man because if you expect a mindless fool who would be at your beck and call to please your every whimp and sexual fantasies then you've got another thing coming your ' cos I will not be a slave to your so called matebond and become your latest punching bag" she spat at him

It was as though cold water had been poured on him 'cos as sudden as the build up of lust came was as sudden as it disappeared. He paused for some few seconds before stepping away from her. She almost felt sorry for him at the emotion that was now visible on his face

Regret

Once he composed himself he proceeded to say what brought him here in the first place

" Diana I'm truely sorry for my earlier actions. It does not display the tentents of the matebond created by our goddess. Mates are special and sacred to our kind as well cherish then even more than life itself. But my earlier display of dominance was nothing but my insecurities at its heights
You must understand that I am part animal and that animal in me once it sees a challenge doesn't like to back down. Please mate, you have every right to be angry and even shun me away but please I ask, no , I plead for your forgiveness.

Do not see this as me being selfish and self-centered but if I go into these battle without your forgiveness, i will be distracted for the way we let things and regret would tear me and my wolf apart, not giving in our best, we may die.
I know I may not deserve it but please I am begging you. I don't care if it takes me ages of grovelling at your feet on my knees I'll do it whole heartedly please don't just turn your back on me."

Diana studied him closely but was not convinced about his apology.

" I don't believe you. I don't know if it's for the fact that you are not been sincere or that you're hiding things from me. Either way, you do not get my forgiveness." She said looking him in the eye while she talked

" You think that you can denigrate me, disrespect my person, insult my character, belittle me even go as far as cause bodily harm to me and then come back to beg, making those big puppy eye and bamm, I'm hooked. We kiss and make up and you're forgiven?

Think again wise guy 'cos I don't just hate you, I loathe your presence and abhor your very being. I may be young but my family thought me self worth and I know my worth and it will never be to submit to you"

Filipe flinched at those last set of words Diana snarl at him with. He deserved those words and more and he would have done anything inorder to turn back the hand of time and correct his first impression.

Unfortunately the galaxy was working against him today. But he did not relent but pressed on because as at point everyword she said was like a pile to his heart and he couldn't bear them parting on such harsh terms.

" Diana, I ll do anything just please don't hate me not must especially when we are going on this mission that may end one of us" Filipe begged because it was his last ditch effort at placating her for forgiveness.

Truely if he didn't get her to forgive him, he might not be able to give his full concerntration thereby getting him killed. But when he looked at his mate, her face told him all he needed to know. She was never going to forgive his mess up. So with his head hung low, a dejected heart and a whining wolf who felt ashamedof his actions his turned to walk away. He was about to open the door when he a sound that made him freeze in his steps

Diana did not have a ioata of hate in her bone for Filipe as Andre had made sure of that explaining as much as he could about the matebond, the term mate, what it entailed and all the bullshit.

What she picked out from this was that there was no way out except death or in certain cases were there was a cases of an adulterouse or an abusive mate then the council waded in and served the bond. It usually and excruciating painful process that lasted months before it ebbed into a dull pain that was managed throughout their lives unless they found another who would be their choosen mate.

She had then and there decided and had told Andre she wouldn't love to endure any pain as her pain tolerance was low. A big lie of course as the matebond had been playing tricks on her, messing with her thoughts, emotions and even her dreams.

It had suddenly become a serious nuisance to her concertration and control which was seriously waning thin. She had decided to give this thing - thats what she'd call it, a thing, a try in other save herself more embarrassing moments

But she needed to find out if he was messing with her emotions, playing on her intelligence, dancing around the matebond to draw sympathy from her or if he was being sincerely truthful in his apology and she got her answer when he hung his head low in dejection and turned to walk away

" Wait"

she said and watched him freeze at the doorknob. He turned slowly to face her, eyes holding unshed tears but hers displayed nothing as she began to speak

" I am not doing this because i feel obligated to you or any damn goddess, no, I am doing this because I am a bigger person than you can ever be. And have also come to realize that I can't fight this stupid so called curse called a matebond.

But suffer no delusions if you think I will be your personal Bleep toy to please and submit to your every whimp, order and command as I will make it my life's work to fight you and resist anything I detest .

Once this fight is over and I pray we make it back in one piece, this will be my terms
I will decide my life as I see fit and any interference from you then I disappear and you will not find me.

There will be no marking, fucking or anything in-between until I am atleast 21. You don't decide who I am friends both male and female with neither is my independence negotiable. You stick that possessive shit were it belong or I walk away. You woo me and court me like normal humans do and mind you wouldn't you wouldn't be mutually exclusive as there will be others in the picture.

Need I remind you that I've heard about your numerous flings and liases, I also am allowed freewill. You will give me my space and I will set boundaries. You will not crowd me with your overbearing attitude.

If you were used to getting what you want when you want then I can rest assure you that you just boarded the wrong bus as this is going to be a very bumpy ride for you.

These terms of mine are non-negotiable. If you agree to them then you have my full forgiveness and we start allover again. If not, then you know your way out" she summarized.

Oh she definitely knew those terms would tick him off most especially the part of not being mutually exclusive and his former trist and affairs with other women. She could actually see his vein budging out and about to pop out

"Good. He does not do that then expect me to be all his after sampling other women of different shapes and sizes" she thought to herself

" Diana please don't do this to me. You drive an almost impossible bargain. Most especally the part were we aren't exclusive.

We werewolves are generally possessive and do not take kindly to sharing. It's instinctual to us and jealousy is a bad trait for us as we can be very destructive. Please reconsider and remove that term off the table." In contrast to his calm demeanor while answering, he was seething within him at her outrageous demands.

He wanted nothing more than to close the distance between them and shake some sense into that young mind of hers while kissing those plumb soft lips of her and leaving hickeys allover her neck to show that she was taken

It took every single willpower in him to stump down his wolf's possessive nature. This was him grovelling and it was time his wolf understood it also that he would not be messing up his second chance. Still those words irked him to no end

" Well that's the point, your majesty. To taut you in other to teach you self restraint. If you can't restrain yourself when you see me with other men then what's to say you wouldn't hit me or abuse me over a minor insident as me telling you not to use your dominance on me or forcing me to submit to you.

So forgive me when I stand on the fact that my terms are non-negotiable" she said in a calm and controlled voice. Which also irked him too. She could control her emotions perfectly, giving no way of knowing what was running through her mind which gave him the more be encouragment to know who really his mate was. She was forever going to hold that incident over his head for a long long time to come. This was a very hard pill for he and his wolf to swallow but they both agreed on one thing and that was would do anything to earn her forgiveness even if it meant......he didn't even want to think about it as he might change his mind and do the unthinkable. So through grinded teeth

" You're not going to let that incident go, are you?" He asked

" And let go off my best blackmail tool?.... Naaah, I don't think so" she sassed
He heaved loudly and stretched forth his hands for a handshake

" You have a deal" he said as she smiled a truely genuine smile as though she had just won a million dollar lottery. She shook his hand and sending tingles and goosebumps allover her body. She frowned at her body's reaction to his hand shake. She also caught him smirking at her confusion.

" Is anything the matter?" He asked, the smirk still plastered on his face while still holding her hands. She pulled her hands of his and composed herself.

" I think I'm going to get back to what i was doing before you interrupted me" she was ruffled that much was sure so he pushed his luck and drew closer to her. Not to close as to give her space but enough for her to feel flustered and caged. When he spoke his breaths fanned her face

" Once this is over, I intend to stake my claim on you. I will fight for your love and I will win. And when I do, the gods and goddesses help you and me for I will make sure you scream my name in countless pleasure. That it a promise" he promised her that much.

" Oh Mister, though you may win but I fully intend for you to work for it and I promise, you will work for it and earn it. That way, your victory will be sweeter........ If you endure.

Game on wolfy" she smiled with mischief also promising sweet toture.

Once he exited the cubicle, she finally released the breath she didn't know she was holding and plopped down her seat , feeling sudden tiredness as the adrenaline rush began dissipating

What had she gotten herself into

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Chapter 41

Unknown Realm

It stir within the void as it's freedom neared. Great things It had planned as it once again craved onesness with its other half- Its life essence, that was still binded within the scroll.

For long had it been separated from Its being and it once again craved unity, to conquer and to subjugate and dominate

The souls of the many sacrifices offered to him through Its human surrogate, Nimrod, was truely like a sweet savour of fragrance. Now it understood why those sacrifices offered to that stuck up Old Fool by those stupid humans, was pleasant smelling.

For as the do-gooders offered their sacrifice to Him, with their so-called pure heart and clean mind making the sacrifice have a sweet scent that was pleasing to smell so also were those sacrifices offered to him by his own, whose hearts and minds were riviled with greed, infected with malice, lusted for power and evilness of the highest order.

Those pitiful mortals, for inconsequential things such as wealth, territorial power and elongation of the pitiable mortal existence, were ready to do anything. And Nimrod, Its ever faithful and trusted servant was quick to capitalize on the lust, establishing a cult that gave It credence to to be worshipped.

Sidamu and Amorah were fools and too drunk in power, to believe they were indestructible because of their obscene amount of wealth, unearthly intelligence, territorial powers and influence over the then world.

Even against Nimrod's warning, they prance around flunting themselves as a superior race,doing unimaginable feats , unlocking the hidden knowledge of science and technology even before it's time, thereby drawing too much attention to themselves.

But it was their proclivities and different sexual fantasies, which seemed musing, that angered the Old Gizzer so much so that He sent His most trusted to personally oversee their annihilation.

All it took was those blasted holier-than-thou brothers of his, Uriel and Kezziel - damn them to damnations, to wipe out the entire cities, making them start allover again, coupled with the fact that the scroll that held Its life essence was still missing and within the possession of his servants wretched sisters.

Woe betide those lot for keeping It from Its other half for they would be the first to know It's fury when they were finally caught. It was just a matter of time, time that had finally come to full circle

It's servant had, despite the fact that the curse he bore made him look hideous, meticulously slaved in other to develop a new cult of followership with stricter rules and lesser exposure to knowledge as to avoid exposure and spreading it along with man's migratory movements, making sure it survived yet remained hidden.

Half his face was charred as a result of the burns he received when he was cursed. The burns, just like the mark of The Untouchable given to Cain, were to be a reminder of his treachery and serve as a warning to all who saw him, the ramification of contending with the Creator.

It's servant Nimrod, bore the shame and pains of his past failure, visible to all, hidden to none, with pride, spreading his name through out the then world as the man who fought God and lived, earning him the name the Man of Chaos. For everywhere his went, chaos followed

It felt the longing, the euphoria, of freedom, of reunion with its long lost half- it's Grace. For once reunited again and became whole, Samayaza lived again. And once it became Samayaza, there would no longer be need for the Man of Chaos but the God of Chaos. For It would declare Itself God.

It was excited at the beckoning, pores of energy gyrating round it. It began descending into the world of the humans when Nimrod finally summoned it. Finally, its time had come to a complete circle. It's reunion finally come.

Finally, it was time for retribution

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2021
Sorry guys for my long absence.It was due to matters beyond my control as I had wanted to finish this book before the New year

well dats live for you. please enjoy these chapters

news flash 7 more Chapters to go

please like and share
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Deo7(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
Finally welcome back op
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2021
Welcome back Emem
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
Chapter 42

The DORMIN LÈ BAB TOWER was located in an area newly rezoned from a former warehousing and storage zone to a commercial zone and rights for construction were given to one of the many subsidary companies own by the DORMIN Group. It was located in a port area that housed many abandoned ware houses. But what made ideally convient for Filipe's men was that despite the ground fortification with well trained mercs, in the end there more weak points of entry. It seemed the DORMIN Group were more keen on security within the building than outside

The advance team were in position and waiting for the signal to advance. Diana was working asidious to mend some last minute giltch in her system. After some finger numbing minutes she was able to rectify the problem to gain back access to their close circuit security cameras. She typed in some commands and their system glitched and went in a loop. So while the security room were seeing a loop feed , she was seeing a live feed

" You're good to go " she informed Filipe who in turn informed his men to proceed.

His men were skilled in both urban warfare and IAD ( infiltration and dissemination) in close quarters so this was a piece of cake to them. In no time after breeching the perimeter defence,thank goodness there were no undetected mines, the enemy were tactically subdued with tranqs without alerting others inside. The had opted for tranq darts as the security outside were the conventional ones. No need to waste innocent lives who were just doing their job

The gate was opened and four vans drove into the main compound and at guns ready. Immediately the the vans parked, the teams disembark enmass overwhelming the security tougher contingents there. The ground floor was also taken. But it was one thing taking it , it was another keep it as a silent alarm was tripped and reinforcement came streaming down to fight back.

Actually the ground floor situation was a diversion as the main team gained access to the building through the service elevator. The problem, the camera in the service elevator was off the mainframe so Diana had no access to it. The upside, there was no way of communicating a warning to the others as she had james their communications.

The service elevator took them only to the 14th floor but it was not smooth sailing as guards were also waiting for them. Had Diana not warned them beforehand, it would have been bad for them. As the elevator door opened Alva had already raised a shield to block the rain of bullets. Once the guards noticed that they were out of their league, they fled for safety probably informing the guys on the fifteenth floor of the incoming intruders.

The fifteenth floor was no walk in the park as the moment they materialised from the wormhole Alva had created as to avoid the incendiary device placed at the entrance of the staircase, they were met with ten werewolves already in wolf form poised for attack. These was were Filipe and his men that came along with them stepped forward and also transformed into their wolves. Matching brute force for brute force, growls for growls and teeth,claws and razor sharp canines for like weapons , the clash clash was brutal, bloody and gruesome.

The others used the diversion to get to the entry way holding the inscription they had seen on Diana's computer prior to the attack. Once there, Diana was informed of the possibility that once they crossed over the threshold they loose communication. She affirmed that she understood was standing by for the scroll to be gotten to her. Just as they had predicted, the moment they crossed over the threshold of the door, they lost Diana which meant that they were on their own from there on.

On the other side of the threshold was like a different world entirely. The entire hall was lite not by electricity but by a strange light that had no connection to any source. It was neither too bright or dimly lit but enough that everything could be seen clearly. The walls of the hall held strange sigils and symbols some unknown but many were known to the protectors. They ranged from protection spells to warding spells and even binding spells.

The floor design held a pictorial despict Nimrod's version of the fall of Babel and the imagenry rise of Nimrod to which Linda snorted. When Agnes looked to her for explanation as she had not yet seen the floor design. She pointed to the floor, every one looked to what she was pointing at. Agnes scoffed

" Very typical of him to distort history in his favour. Let' move I think I saw a doorway up front."

The team moved gingerly while surveying the surrounding pillars for hidden threats. They all felt it too easy to walk through this large expanse of hall without been challenged in any manner. Andre felt hair on his body rise, his paused his movements to survey for known threats. He saw none.

He then sent out his senses, he still felt nothing. He senses were still haywire with a foreboding of threat level at its highest. He immediately told them to stop. Something was off. He looked to his aunt linda and prayed to all the holy Beings that she still remembered their body language that both of them had developed incase they were in danger and could not communicate verbally. When he was sure he got her attention, he made he face in a circular motion signalling that they were surrounded. He blinked five times for her to raise a protective shield. He tapped his hands on his thigh almost inconspicuously, thrice, to signal her to do it immediately.

That was all the encouragement she needed as she at once let out a burst of power that egulfed into a protective barrier. Andre rolled himself into the shield before it closed up finally. He didn't waste time to explain" We are in a mirage. Alva you're the mirage and portal person, can you burst it?" Alva was about to try and break the mirage but when she saw it coming down itself, she replied, pointing around them

" No need. Look"

It finally revealed they were in deed surrounded and not just by anyone but the Grand Sovet for the Sisters of Endor- all ten of them. Smiling broadly as though they just won the best price for the. Which of course would not be a lie as they now had two protectors and three of the four Legacies caught in their trap

The only problem, Oby was in the mix which also meant that they way the ones caught in his trap. Of course they didn't need to know that now. First he had to make them feel save and secure.
A stocky woman walked forward clapping in mock applaud.

" I give it to the mutt prince for sensing our trick, even the bastard prince with all his powers couldn't sense it. Very few have successfully evaded it's tricks. Well, Not that it matters away because you'll end up dead so no celebration in other" the stocky woman sassed. One would think her size would work against her in terms of agility or even self-consciousness, but how wrong that assumption would be as Oby had first hand knowledge of her capabilities. She was the must feared of them all.

Oby stepped out from among the group and walked out from the shield. But not before telling Agnes that the entry to the next floor was right behind them still camouflage with the wall. If anything, their stopping there was to their advantage. He also noticed that they also noticed their error and were silently trying to move edge closer to secure the entry way. Oby would have none of it,

He took deliberate and calculative steps towards them in such a way that he blocked them from advancing further while also being able to watch them and guage their reaction. They were scared, that was for sure. He knew it and they knew it but they would rather they be thrown from a cliffs of Kilimanjaro and die than surrender.

It was time to end these generation of vipers

" Chrisandra, what a displeasure meeting you again. it seems you've added weight and grown robust since the last time I visited. What's the secret"

" Well well, if it isn't the bastard prince. Well the displeasure is ours" she spat back not having a good comeback for the insult stoned at her. She always been continuous of her weight problems it made her feel insecure

" Well the last time we met, I did warn you of the consequences of crossing paths with me. It seems you chose to have selective amnesia or just plain moronically stupid. But since you have a death wish then why don't I just hasten it. What do you think? He asked a condescending rhetoric.

She smiled evilly

" We've actually been meaning For a rematch. Now that you mention it, I think this would be the best time for it" she said with fake enthusiasm as all the grand council drew their weapons

" We are going to skewer you like the chicken you are" sneered one of the old men who had salt and pepper hair dotting his head, a testament to his age. Oby shrugged the insult off like it meant nothing to him but turn his head to the side to look at the others

" Go! I'll hold them off" he instructed, barely above a whisper and faced his opponents squarely, not blinking a muscle. Linda and Agnes got the memo and advanced towards the direction of the exit quickly without wasting more time. Agne quickly sent a spell that broke down the camouflage and revealed the entrance. Not sparing anymore time ran through it

Once he was sure they were out of danger, Oby proceeded to release a small amount of his aura from it's cage. The last time he had come here, there had been no need to go full aura blast on them, thereby not revealing much to of how powerful he truely was. Right now, he knew they were up to no good but he had to make them reveal their hand before he also revealed his.

" so why not he play around with his food before he went for the kill" he thought to himself

One by one, the Sovet began releasing their Auras and if he had not been who he was, he probably would have been on his heels right now in fright and terrified. All ten of their Auras combined in a smokey mixture of cloud and dark magic to form and evil looking avatar of the Grimm Reaper. But instead of the famous scythe it was known for, this version held a flaming sword whos edges were serated and fire as dark as it's wielder.

Damn this Witches. So this was ace they had up the sleeve. They kept the best for the last. Very smart of them. Well too bad. It was time to show them who they were up against.

Oby smirked as he finally released the full force of his aura. It had really been a long while since he last let it free and had free rein. Not since he and his father trained on that isolated island those many years ago.

His own avatar rose in the form of a over grown cat that could walk on both feet comfortably like a man and held in one of its hands a lightening bolt shaped into a weapon

A smug smile appear on his face when he saw the fear in their eyes for even they knew of the beast he had summoned

The Zhalansgaz

They were the guardians of realms between the humans and the heavenlies. They knew never to be messed with the Zhalansgaz. So without wasting anymore time, Oby sent his beast to battle and the first clash of their weapons sent tremors and a powerful push all around them

The fun was just getting started

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Deo7(m): 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2021
grin
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2021
@Emempaul where @ thou, missing this story,pls update
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 5:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
dawno2008:
@Emempaul where @ thou, missing this story,pls update

chairman no vex no be so I plan am but this chapter seems to be the hardest chapter so far as I have had to start the chapter from the scratch 3times. coupled with the fact that I am typing from my fone sincemy laptop crashed and became unrepairable since chapter 32 so please bear with me

second I would like to address something here. All those religious fundamentalish yapping about how i am twisting the bible with witchcraft and spiritism in my email, well the bad news is I don't give a bloody damn. from the beginning I put up a disclaimer that this is a WORK OF FICTION if you don't understand that grammar then God in heaven and Devil on earth help you lot.

This book is a product of my hyper imagination and I hope that once I finish this book, it will be going in for publishing. I don't appreciate all the negatives in my mail so safe it

for my fans reading these book please be patient with me and I ll give you the best

enough of my rant. let me go back to racking my brain a up to give a very beautiful next chapter

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 1:04am On Feb 13, 2021
Thanks Emempaul for the wonderful piece,and sure I and other true fans will be patient boss.

As for the hypocrite disturbing your mail,let them be,the fake life is what is affecting our lives and growth in Africa,if not for the whites who decided to test their brain and visit the moon,we dumb blacks will still believe that God lives on the moon,
Why is it hard to understand the work of fiction,this how good movies are conceptualize and package,later millions of dollars will be made,with nothing affecting anybody,
See the Harry potter story,do they know how much the books and movies have raked in?

Let them be, I believe I speak for so many true fans that you're doing a great job,pls keep it flowing sire.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
Chapter 43

Agnes, Linda, Alva and Andre hurried through the doorway only to be met with another Hall that bore almost the same resemblance to the one they just left and for all intents and purpose was empty. At first, they were hesitatant due to the semblance with previous hall they just left and wary of cloaked individuals hiding in plain sight . This time they were more careful in proceeding with caution, only after making sure there was no one surprise hidden under any cloaking spell.

With caution they walked further into the empty hall with eyes and ears on the alert, their other extra perceptions expanded to cover the entire hall. As they neared the end of hall, they could hear a faint voice speaking incoherently. It was coming from an inner chamber that was attached to the hall. As they drew closer, the voice became more decernable and familiar to them. The sisters, without doubt, knew who it belonged to and with that thought in mind, knew what he was up to - he was conjuring up Samayaza's life essence to ascend.
Adrenaline kicked in, with swift urgency, they closed the gap between them and the inner chamber that was almost of equal size with the hall they just left, were they heard the voice coming from.

They were just about too late, as no sooner had they entered the room did they bear witness to the scroll glowing bright and the strange brightness began transferring into Nimrod's body, who was standing at the pin point center of the room although siding them so that their presence was not yet made known to him

The life essence of Samayaza was possessing Nimrod as a chosen vessel. Linda's mind went into a frenzy, calculating possible moves and probable outcomes that could play out should they engage him in a fight that was sorely against them. Agnes saw Linda's mind working on overdrive and proceeded to instruct Andre and Alva

" You both hide. When we distract him you take the scroll and run. Get it to Diana, she will know what to do in destroying that blasted thing." Andre and Alva both made to protest but the stern look Agnes shot them made them think otherwise. They moved stealthily to hide themselves behind a pillar, big enough to cover their bodies from been seen.
Linda sum up all possible way of approaching Nimrod in combat and all the permutations summized that the only way for them to have any advantage was a direct confrontation, no holds back duel with him - it was plain sucidal but they had no choice. She related it to Agnes telepathically, who knowing the risks involved, smiled. That smile held a lot of promise to it.

This was what she had been hoping for - a chance for a real fight. A smile that seriously unnerved Linda as she knew it's meaning. Before Agnes could make to move from her position, Linda held her back and whispered only to her hearing

" Alva would want her mother back, alive and in one piece so don't get any smart ideas" Linda warned but that didn't dampen Agnes's smile. If anything, it only grew wider. Linda hoped and prayed she hadn't lost her sister to any strange madness

Agnes and Linda finally walked out from their hiding spot, walking boldly towards Nimrod, erasing doubt and fear from their minds and replacing it determination and courage. For these, they needed, else they might have already lost the fight even before they began.
They approached from an angle lateral to Nimrod and the pulpit. It was a position such that if they were to cause a distraction for their plan to work, they would need to draw him out and block his access to the scroll should he want to reach for it. As at Right that moment, neither Nimrod nor Samayaza had any idea that destruction of the scroll was the first of their down fall.

When they got close enough, Nimrod's who's side was to them finally raised his head to acknowledge his sisters presence with him in the chamber. He chuckled humorlessly while his eyes betold another story; of disgust and condenses. As if to mock the Creator that the best He could do was to send mere mortals to engage him.

" So of all the cosmics and cherub and seraphs, He didn't see it fit to send real Angels to contend with me. He had to send His most favoured, weak and lousy mud creation to fight me. It true shows how He truely" loves you" he said, stressing the " loves you" in mockery

" He probably didn't see your squable as worth anything hence why bother. Which goes to say alot about your effort to impress. Very tragic. And if I remember correctly, as you so boldly stated, you are also made of that lousy mud creation." Linda pointed out matter of factly, whole taking a swipe back at him.

Only he didn't have the monopoly of downgrading remarks. Nimrod walked away from behind the pulpit, taking a few step closer to his sisters. Linda's worded insult at him had hit a nerve as it made him feel inadequate and self contious of all his effort

Never had anyone made him feel so inadequate of himself with so few words. The entity within him was greived sorely at the slight to its vessel but could do nothing as it was yet to fully bond with its long lost Grace. Nimrod might have been power hungry but he never threw caution to the wind. Something wasn't adding up.

The last time he had attempted opening the Portal, His most loved came down personally to deal with him. But now he sends mere mortals, his sisters to fight him. Surely He must know that these mortals He sends are grossly outclassed and outmatched with their overrated parlour tricks and weak magic. They could barely withstand him the last time, so what was different now - well that is unless they wanted to be sucidal then it was a welcomed development. Something still kept nagging at him that something was off but he couldnt place a hand to what it was

Agnes had noticed his pause and watched him watch them with curiousity. She also knew that the wheel in his head was working to decipher what suddenly gave them boldness to stand against him and his arrogance. If only he knew that they only ran and hide from him because the time had not yet come and it would have been foolish of them to show their hand before the appointed time, hence their need to evade him all those years

But now, they were no longer running. It was time to fight back. She smirk stil at his confusion

" Dear Nimrod, I would have thought that after all this while you might have figured it out. But it seems that your still as dull as ever" she stopped to put him in suspense
" That what Keshar?? That you have a daughter that is a Legacy, the harbiger of my destruction. That you both were blessed with powers to take me on " he took more steps forward " That you both, somehow with your mixed priority, think that you are fighting for the good of mankind to vanquish me and my evil cohorts"
He gave a short humorless laugh before continuing

"Newsflash Keshar, there is no good or bad,evil or righteousness, truth,lie and all the in-betweens. It's just you, me and them and whose interest we choose to represent. Every other thing is relative and I have choosen my path and will thread that path till we conquer the heavens and subdue the earth.

It's quite unfortunate that Dinah is no longer with us, she would have been the voice of reason to both you block heads and talked you out of this madness as I can now see that you have already chosen whom to side with" his anger was visible and you could see the he was seriously reigning it in, howbeit failing woefully by his clenching and unclenching of his hands that he kept stiffly by his sides

" Firstly, I don't know about Keshar, but I take offense in been called a block head,my head is perfectly symmetric with my body. Secondly, Interest? Sides? Conquer the heavens and subdue the earth? Really, Nimrod? So after all these years you still haven't learnt anything. What a shame that you still have the notion that you could conquer the heavens or subdue the earth even with the that apology of a Watcher called Samayaza." She watched his face twitch at the mention of Samayaza and the insult attached to it. But Linda wasn't done yet

" Truth and lies can never be relative. Just the way you lie to yourself that you are an unstoppable immortal meant to rule the throne of The Almighty, is the same we know that you and your friend Samayaza are but a mere piece of worthless shit.

" You created a double edged monster of despair and anarchy and left a trail of destruction in your wake. You made man fall even deeper from grace because of your selfish crave for power and your wants for dominance. You Nimrod created a Legacy whose darkness choked what little light of hope man had; whose taste and hunger for power crippled the man's individuality; whose quest for forbidden knowledge blinded others path to upliftment. And unfortunately for you, Nimrod, those legacies had come back to hunt you" Her eyes glowed a bright shade of purple as she uttered those injuctions.

Nimrod blasted a loud humorless crackle at Linda's ridiculous injuction. Taking further careless steps forward when he noticed their unease and uncertainty at his display in a bid to intimidate them.

" And what was that to do Anunit? Demoralize me? Make me fall on my knees, ask for forgiveness and beg for pardon? Sorry to burst your bubble by incase you haven't noticed, I am the man of Chaos. I am the desolation of man. I AM NIMROD. And no blood damn Legacy can stop me from fulfilling my destiny." He declared while a smirking Agnes countered

" And we have you right were we wanted you to be" immediately she said that,she raised a powerful force shield that cut Nimrod's access to the scroll while also trapping all three on them in a space now half the original size of the chamber which was a downside for them as they now had to manuver and fight in a more tighter space. Their enemy was cornered but they also knew that there was nothing more dangerous than an unfamiliar enemy that was cornered. They had to fight dirty while playing it safe as any wrong move and they both would be dead.

The upside was that Andre and Alva could now get the scroll out of his reach and finally get rid of that cursed thing. And with that, she gave a lopsided grin and also reinforced with a new determination

" Its time to come out and play with the girls Samayaza so come out, come out and play and don't be a shy one" Linda kept goading him. As far as Linda was concerned, all discussion were over with Nimrod was over. It was time to dance with the beast. The sooner they drew him out the better it would be for everyone. Linda kept on with the taunts wanting to get a rise out of Nimrod so that his in his anger, he would snap and his new alternate personality would reveal itself

" Awwah!! The big guy is afraid that two old ladies would whoop his behind like a recalcitrant child he is" Linda could be very nasty when it came to taunts.

All through Linda snide remarks, Nimrod said nothing. He just starred back at them. Little did they know that Samayaza was already out and was currently accessing them and what potential threat they possed to him.

Agnes who had said little had also been observing Nimrod since the last comment he made. She had felt the shift in the air and had oppressive aura that tainted the area. Her eyes narrowed in on Nimrod and notice his change in composure from stiff and tense to relaxed and arrogant.

Samayaza had finally come out to play but instead of attacking or letting his presence known to them, he tried to cloak it and observe them.

Agnes was pretty sure she knew that Samayaza was out but she still played dumb, sending jibe after jibe at him. She decided to save him the stress of his quiet observation and probing and introduce herself

" Why hello handsomely, long time no saw"

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 1:17pm On Feb 14, 2021
Chapter 44

" Why hello handsomely, long time no saw" she sassed rather too cheery for even herself but she pushed it to the corner.

Samayaza, now controlling Nimrod's body, grated his teeth together at the shrill voice that Agnes had adopted to annoy him

" Be silent mortal. Your pettiness will not be tolerated in my presence. For too long have you two hiddered my plans from fruition. Too long have you meddled in my affairs. I have so dreamt of the day I hold your hearts in my hands and crush it. That day is today " Samayaz's words rang through the now half chamber, Vibrating through the walls like a clattering of a thousand iron pot. It held a power that had Agnes and Linda not been who they were , they sure would be on their heels scampering for safety.

Being that they were not lesser Beings, Linda shot back a retort fuelled with indignation and added degradation

" Oh put a lock on it, Sammy boy. Did you really think you would have a free pass in destroying what the Almighty so freely and lovingly created unchallenged? You must have been high on sanctuary smoke to have thought that you and your group of Hot, greedy, backstabbing, fickle minded bastards could waltz in and dominate the earth and subdue us without cause for repercussions.

Newsflash, you failed. You lost. And just in case you haven't noticed Sammy Boy, you are the fugitive in hiding, the coward who choose to run hide instead of fighting for his somehow sick believes " Give it to Linda to push one's buttons till he or she went nuts.

Agnes mused just as Samayaza lost all calm, the energies surrounding his grace became tainted to become pure blackness. His face morphed into a sneer, personality became even further imposing, if that was even possible. Power gyrated all around his body in excitement at the possibility of a showdown and finally his palms began to glowing green as he took a stance ready for combat

" I am going to show you how coward I can be. And when I'm through with you both, I will be welcoming you to a whole new world of misery and torture. You will beg for Death as a release but you shall not be granted it" snarled Samayaza as made for them, shooting blast after blast from his hands, at the ladies.

Linda seemed to have poked him badly with the word "coward" . Poor Sammy boy, fell right for Linda's trap

" Finally, some real piece of action. Took you long enough. FYI, I didn't take you for a poet." Linda chirped rather too happily for Agnes liking as she fenced off Samayaz's attacks while sending her own blast of powerful force at him.

What was it with Linda and picking fights with ambitious and overpowered immortals, she mused to herself as she readied herself for Samayaz's onslaught of barraging blows and blast which she also blocked with ease. She knew he was testing them before the real fight began

Samayaza didn't waste time in switching to a more brutal assault, raining lightening bolt after lightening bolt, blast after blast, powerful forced-backed blows and it's likes in successive turns with the sole aim of ending the fight as quickly as possible. He was surprised to see that Linda and Agnes stamina held steady, holding their ground solidly, which irked him more.

How was it that mere mortals were able to withstand him in brute combat and not tire after all this long while" he asked himself as he kept on exchanging blast with them. Something wasn't adding up.

Under normal circumstances, because of the make up of the human body, it could not hold in the grace of a Celestial. The body would combust and become nothingness. But this was a whole new level of fan-fuckery-tastic

The level of their art of combat equaled that of a Arch. If what he was thinking was true then the earlier he either ended this or fled to fight another day the better it would be for him.

Agnes and Linda were not letting up on their strikes blows and blasted but they also knew that being defensive would not pay them on the long run and it created and avenue for their opponent to strategize and either end them or flee to fight another day. None of which were a viable option. So with that thought in mind, they moved in for the offensive and went all out. It was time to change the tide of things and end the battle quickly before it got out of hand

The sudden boldness in the ladies to approach him in a more bolder offensive and pin him to a close quarter combat ruffled his inner feathers and irked him the more.

How dare them stand against him.

He?!!

An Arch Cherubim?!!

Struggling with pitiful mortals?!!

NEVER!!!

His unholy indignation excited his grace to begin to ascend and flood his body with power in its truest form - raw, hot and brightly burning.

Agnes and Linda saw the change and readied themselves for the final onslaught. Deep within them they knew that even they couldn't withstand an angel's true form and resign themselves to fate but not without fighting.

They made a sucidal run toward Samayaza, Powers blazing in full force, determination colouring their face, finality, pumping their blood with strange vigour.

When they clashed with Samayaz's grace, a great explosion was felt around the TOWER LÉ BAB, shattering window panes and cracking walls. The blast was felt for miles, taking out the power grid and plunging the area in darkness

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 7:40am On Feb 15, 2021
Weldon @Emempaul, lovely update,just watch the typos
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Cloud007: 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2021
I love world of supernaturals. The world of the gods and nephilims, principalities and powers. Their greedy resolves to fight what they do not understand....lol

I love the fact they so much believed the power they held. But did not understand the source of that powere they hold dear.

I love this when I scold the arrogant principalities and powerful mortals worshipping those tiny divine beings....- "You have an inflated sense of your importance when you do not understand the source of all powers., a thing like you, well... Think about how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky. The earth � is one little planet, one tiny solar system, in a galaxy that's barely out of its diapers. I'm old, very old, so I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.- supernaturals.

1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Chapter 45

Chapter 45

13 years ago
Our Lady of Fatima Hospital,
ChesterSpring, California,
U. S. A

The room felt very small and claustrophobic despite being in the private wing of the hospital that held accommodations meant for VIP's. The room was filled with different gadgets and equipments that were meant to keep a patient alive till recovery was complete. The ones with annoyingly loud beeps that could make someone run mad with annoyance. There were also things that fed medicine and nutrients to the patient as well as canisters that believe it or not fed oxygen to the same. And yet, the one he most needed it to save was slowly dying a painful death

That though he had watched humans develop and evolve throughout the millennia didn't mean he was abreast with their health technology. Something he had no need for until recently. Despite all this tech and health advancement, it just seemed that the universe was working against him - of which, it truely was. Nothing seemed to actually go his way as he looked over to the patient in which all the equipment were connected to, waste away into death's waiting arms

He watched his little girl asleep in his arms. His little bundle of trouble, he had nicknamed her, for her tendency to be mischievous and also go all out looking for trouble when she felt bored, just like her mother, of whom she was, facially, a carbon copy of, save for the cerulean eyes and red hair she took from him.

His mind was all over the place thinking of the new life he and his daughter were about to be thrusted into that he didn't notice his wife was awake and watching him. She knew were his thought line were drifting off to, after all she had been married to him for a better part of two millennia, seeing him both at his best and proudest moments as well as his lowest ebb that fate had thrown his way. She knew he was thinking of how he was going to cope without her. How he was also going to take care of their three year old miracle of a daughter that laid peaceful sleeping in his arms with no care in the world.

Fate had thought it best not have her partake in her daughter's life even against all her pleas and entreaties for just a little more time. She had been outrightly told that her time was up. Her human body would expire and her life-grace return to the heavens to serve her sentence in the Realms of Principalities for her role in failing to report the seed of rebellion of the Watchers on time along with other offences bordering on strange emotional bonding with a fellow Sentinel, If that could even describe as a crime at all

She and her companion had fled to earth in fear of being termed a betrayer of the Almighty- a term she would never wish on any heavenly celestial being, when an inquisition was opened to ascertain the remote causes of the rebellion and why when the seeds of discountenance had been sowed, it was not reported immediately.

Truely she had watched them grow discontent with their status and even saw how they despised the humans created by the Almighty due to the love He had for them and the favour that He bestowed on them. She had felt that she had more time to study them before reporting to her supervisor. Unfortunately, the Watchers acted swifter than she anticipated. There in was her crime. To compound everything and finally nail her coffin, she fled into exile, thereby certifying her guilty.

She had hidden amongst the humans that had just been scattered, with different languages, amongst the vast expanse of the earth, never staying for too long in a place to avoid and suspicion of her identity. And she was successful for about two millennia, until she was approached by two of the most powerful Arch Cherub and Seraph in the heavens after Micheal.

She was given an offer she couldn't refuse because the other options was not an option to her.

The offer was simple. Fall truely in love, bare a child like the humans, go back and serve her punishment for her shortcomings and get clemency after serving time and be returned to the fold with no stigma attached to her being.

Though she accepted their proposal, she had argued with what she thought were salient points like who and how would she fall In love with when celestial beings had no emotional anchor or free will. To which their response shocked her. All Celestial beings alike had always had and would always have free will, it was they that just assumed otherwise even after thecontinued correction of that notion. After all, the Watchers sinned against the Almighty on their own freewill, she also ran away due to the emotion, fear and out of freewill

When she asked of her other problem, a siblingship bonding with a fellow Sentinel. She was shocked a second time , all Sentinels were created with the bond, just that some discovered it while others didn't. Still boiling down to freewill and emotion
In all these, her offence was not for her bond that she thought strange which eventually turned out not to be strange but for the sole fact that she ran. And running was never the answer for there was nowhere she could run to thatthe Creator couldn't reach her

Her next question she asked after her initial shock had passed was how she was even going to bare a child when it was physically and supernaturally impossible for them as celestial beings to bare children except they possessed the body of human host. To this, they said that they would give her her own personalized human body but at the expense of losing her grace. Once the deed was done, her body would expire and her grace returned to her to be able to ascend the heavens and serve her time

Her last question was concerning the child to be born. A powerful cherub and seraphs don't take interest to personally creating specially born children without any reason. What did the child mean to them. To this, the Arch Cherub answered quite bluntly

" Undoing the effects of your emotional stupidity in not reporting the Watchers when they started exhibiting selfish tendencies and seeds of discountenance" she knew that that was the end of the discussion.

She waited another millennium before she met Hunter. She immediately knew he was product of a forbidden love affair, an unnatural due to the aura he was exhibiting. He had tried, countless times, to push her away due to his scarred past, of his parentage, upbringing, as well as his very unusual turbulent present, afraid of dragging her down along with him, but she stood strongly by him. Were others saw a condemned heart, lined with hate and evil,she saw a kind and misunderstood soul begging to hear his own side of the story. Their relationship just kind of cliqued into place after a while and so their journey to love began. She had finally found true love

And just when they thought they were through the worst, Fate came personally to remind her of her agreement and also to enforce it. Hunter had beg Fate to exchange her life for his but he was outrightly refused

Since he was an offspring of an affair between an infernal condemned to the Wells of Damnation and a human female who held the gene of blessed ones, by extension, he too was special and his fate and that of his progeny held great importance for future reference, was the only reason he was still alive else his case would have been a closed deal as his kind was not meant be.

But he would remain forbidden from using any supernatural abilities gifted him by virtue of birth parents except his life and that of his shire was in danger and/or gravely threatened as well as guiding his shire in the right path, shunning evil and it's temptations. As a path was yet set before her in the near future in which she would have to thread on the side of good in other to vanquish a terrible evil that would arise in her time

Alicia tenderly held his hands and squeezed it gently as if to reassure him. She smiled weakly when his attention was again back on her

As if reading her mind, he blinked his already watering eyes as words failed him to speak his mind. He knew that Her time had finally come and these were her last moments. They were just contented at watching each other as all that needed to be said had been said and no amount of tears, sorrow, pleas, entreaties and whatnots could change their fates. It was a signed, sealed and done deal.

Binding In all ramifications.

She stretched out her weak arms to hold her baby one more time who just stirred slightly and nozzled deeper into her mother's embrace. If only she knew that this was the last time she would feel her mother's caring touch

She kissed her forehead and rubbed her hair tenderly before she proceeded to bless her daughter with the last of grace she had left

" Dear daughter, I may not be with you physically but deep in your heart , I will always be with you, guiding your path. You shall be a light bearer for your father's darkened path. His strengthwhen trials overwhelms him. His joy when he down. You shall be a torch bearer, of hope and justice to this earth. Your path may be rocky as the mountains paths but through patience shall you overcome

When evil rises to encompass you, with wits shall you contend, and in wisdom shall you prevail. And when the time comes for you to withstand your enemies, a victor shall you rise.

I bless your life that you live and live it to its fullest, aging with grace unhindered, favoured one from above"

She kissed her forehead again and handed Diana back to her father. Holding his look as he steadied her in his hands she made him make a promise

" Promise me Hunter that for Diana's sake, you will stand strong and steadfast. That no matter how tough things get, you shall keep fighting. For Diana's sake please promise me,"

Hunter look into his wife's eyes and saw the determination and conviction in them that she believed in him. He knew if not for anything Diana was his joy and he wouldn't loose her to the world not to talk of he loosing himself

" I promise"
" Tell Ian I love him and couldn't have asked for a better elder brother and companion. Diana should be his just the way I was his"

" I promise. I'll let him know"

Immediately he said those words, her hands slacked and the heart monitor flatlined. He watched his wife's life essence ascend the heavens just as steady tears ran down his eyes. He whispered his final goodbye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Chapter 46

2243 BC
Ruins of The City of Babilus
Plains of Mesopotamia

Smoke and dust billowed to the sky on high, motar and brick laid scattered and in disarray all around the large expanse of land. Blood and death could be see visibly sprawled around the tower. What was once a beautiful edifice that made men marvek now laid in ruins, a testament to the wrath of the Creator.

Yet amongst the ruins stood the emissaries of the Almighty Himself, standing unconcerned and unperturbed by the chaos that laid before them. Instead their eye were on the scroll the laid sprawled harplessly amongst the ruins.

Their leader, also known as the Arch Angel Micheal, stretched forth his hands and the scroll vanished from it's previous position and appear on his hands. He looked at the scroll with mild curiosity before handing it over to Uriel and instructing him further

" See to it that it get to both my assistants. They understand what to do with it" Uriel disappeared immediately to go run his errand. He was left with Gabriel, who eyed him curiously

" Do I need to ask?" Queried Gabriel

" I'll just go ahead and answer because I know you won't let me rest till your curiosity is satisfied" Micheal said earning him a sly smile from Gabriel. He continued so as to stop him from interfering

" The scroll holds the life essence is the traitor Samayaza but his grace is not attached to it. He must have probably separated it and hide it somewhere else as a plan B. Just in case his life essence was discovered and destroyed his grace will automatically bring him back the life. But if his grace is destroyed before quenching his life essence, it's game over for him. He evisaged this and prepared against our move.

Right now we cannot do anything to him until he ascends again and unite his life essence with his grace. The least we can do is minimize the damage he and Nimrod will do in a certain space of time while we work on empowering those who will contend with them. And when the time is come again, we will interven and put a final stop to their craziness."

Gabriel pondered over what Micheal said but he still didn't understand. Michael sighed knowing that he would have to explain further

" My assistants are currently placing a curse seal on the scroll so that the moment that traitor ascends again he will have nowhere to return to. Then the scroll will be handed over to the sisters and empowered to protect it from getting to its master for a certain time, that is until we are ready.

Remember Samayaza's plan was to used the portal on this Tower to gain access to the prison realms free his fellow Watchers and wage war against the heavens that is after laying waste the remainder of earth's inhabitants. This is just a temporary setback for him 'cos he'll try again which we are counting on, but this time we will end him." He explained

Gabriel wasn't satisfied something was missing and he knew just what

" Nice that you planned all these feat but you forgot one thing; that was a blood seal I saw on the scroll, a blood bond which I might add can only be broken by either the creator or his bloodline. When last i checked, Nimrod was without progeny as at yet and you nearly pounded him to oblivion. So unless you want to do cupid's job and become match maker and I extend my condolences to the unfortunate human that will bear his child in advance, I suggest you rethink your plan again" adviced Gabriel. Micheal gave a smirk. Gabriel was yet to see the bigger picture. He was always playing Michael's critic and he also had the ability of think and decipher hidden truths faster than others that's why he was loved dearly by the unnumbered host of heaven

" What was the Creator's mandate to man?" He asked

" License to become breeding machines, dominate and subdue the earth blah blah blah blah" answered Gabriel carelessly

" Bingo. So you see whether he likes it or not he will have the inordinate urge to procreate and that's were we come in, shifting through the masses of illegitimacy and purposefully manipulated crosses to chose the most suitable candidate from among his own legacy to crush him. He also shares a bloodline with his sisters, whom I might add will want a piece of his hide for the deaths and injuries he has caused and the ones he will causing the future. they will also be viable candidates bear legacies that would contend with him when the time comes to a full circle because nothing beats vegeance like a woman scorned

For every evil legacy that Nimrod and Samayaza sook to wrought on man shall a counter be born

They want chaos to reign supreme, causing darkness to engulf the earth, pitching man against man, creating the art of war, subjugation, power and dominance. A legacy born to light, of love and peace shall rise and stand firm resisting the advance of the wicked and the man of Chaos

Nimrod and Samayaza have tried bending the will for man in Knowing his Creator, shepherding them in ignorance to their doom. Knowing fully that to turn away from their Creator is a death sentence. They have concluded in their heart that the blood of the innocent they waste in their taste and haste for power and elevation is inconsequential to their goal. A legacy born of life shall rise to give hope to the despair, heal the downtrodden and raise a banner assurance that no more shall they weep under the hands of tyrants

When these duo shall bring false truths and strange worship to deceive man, blinding them with promise of wealth, power, life enlogation, man's greed shall rise to its heights and remember not goodness, a legacy born to knowledge, a Sage to see the unseen and separate the hidden truth from the blind truth. One to put to shame the lies of the man of Chaos

And when the man of Chaos shall boast of his conquest, shouting in pride and arrogance of victories, profaning vile words and threatening war. In his midst shall the one whose legacy speaks power, rise and contend and subdue him whose tongue speaks profanities and heart, blasphemy."

These Gabriel, are what are been put in place, waiting for his traitorous return. For he nor his servant will be spared." Micheal spoke with finality that left no room for second guessing. Gabriel accepted his explanation and left it at that.

" One more question - what?!! I am allowed to ask questions you know after all I am understudying you" Gabriel sassed earning him am exasperating sigh

" I am beginning to think twice about accepting the Elohim's request" joking inferred with stern face but Gabriel knew Micheal well to take him serious

" You are aware that the grace you want to bestow on these selected humans might be a tad too much for their bodies to handle considering the fact they are humans and can't hold the grace of a Celestial' Gabriel asked as he had been pondering the question for a while. He felt a hard slap on the back of his head

" Och!!! what was that for? I only asked a salient question?" he cried which earned him another slap on the back of his head again before Micheal responded to him while he nursed his imaginary pains

" If you were listening before you would have heard when I made mention of careful selection and crosses"

" Oh" responded Gabriel

" Yeah. Oh" replied Micheal

" Well, atleast in the end fools like Nimrod and his master get what's coming to them. " Gabriel said after his curiosity had been satisfied

" Yes they will. Now let's get out of hear. This view is getting stale" Micheal suggested as they both ascended to return to the heavens.

Once they were almost at the portal that opened into the heavens, Gabriel released a powerful force that struck the remains of the the Tower. An explosion that rocked the very core of the earth, splitting the entire Tower, was so powerful that not a brick was left standing after the blast as all were vapourised into a cloud of dust that covered the entire plains creating a sand storm from the resultant blast

Those that watched it from the high grounds of Mount Horeb marvelled at the mighty power of the Awesome and Almighty Creator who was slow to anger, yet whose anger and retribution, no man could withstand

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dat9jaguy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
Emempaul:
Chapter 46

OP, has the story ended. Really nice piece. I love your imagination.

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2021
Chapter 47

Present Day

While the battle raged inside the Tower above, eyes were watching the events unfold with keen interest. Inside a cream colored Van, Parked inconspicuously amongst the other utility Vans of same color that serviced the building was the mobile command center that was manned by Diana, whose eyes darted from screen to screen directing teams on their offensive, serving as their extra eyes and ears in other to achieve a successful battle against Nimrod's minions.

For a time it seemed to be that they were winning but all of a sudden, they were almost overwhelmed. Reinforcements on the side of Nimrod came out of nowhere, as though they were waiting for them to feel victory before dashing their hopes and crushing them. They had sorely underestimated their enemy who had first been a king and then a war general with lots of time to and experience. Nimrod must have envisaged their attack and took preemptive measures in all possible flaws to perfect his strategy.

As she watched the tide of the fight swing to their disadvantage, she finally understood that nagging feeling she had when they had infiltrated the Tower was her intuition telling her that it was way too easy. This was not a fare battle, this was an ambush and they didn't stand a chance against the ruthlessness of this evil horde of beasts pouring in from all angles, yoked to the bidden of Nimrod. With tears and horror, She watched helplessly as humans and beasts alike fighting for the freedom of others that knew nothing of this world, of this fight, of this malice unhinged, get taken down, one after the other and she couldn't do anything.

From the reception area were heavy gun battles were rage on with no side backing down, instead reinforcements for the other side threatened to overwhelm the team responsible for holding down the reception area and with very little cover and protection from the hails of counter fire. To the hall were wolves against wolves sluggered it out with nature's most primitive but brutal and effective weapons of overtly sharp canines and razor sharp claws. Enemy wolves kept pouring into the hall pushing Filipe's team back and trying very hard to corner them into a trap. Though Filipe's team, due to their superior training and tactics help down their opponent's onslaught, they were beginning to tire out as the fight was tasking them on all fronts of their wits, heightened sense, regenerative capacity, speed and endurance,team work and mental alertness coupled with the fact that they seem to be fighting with an infinite amount rouge wolves who just seem to not back down from the fight despite their looses. It's seemed as though their tactics was to tire them out before the kill

Then it dawned on her, while she was in here crying her hearts out, men, women and supernatural beings alike where out there fighting for freedom that would soon be snatched from them. Even Alva, Andre and the others were in there fighting for all

She should be out there with them.

She was not some simple bimbo who didn't know how to fight and protect herself and others. She was not some damsel in distress that couldn't match blow for blow, wit for wits, power for power. Above all she was not some selfish brat who thought of herself alone
She was her father's daughter, of the Vanderbilt bloodline and nobody messes with the Vanderbilts. She began packing weapons that she would be needed. Then thought better of it and decided to go empty handed. The more freedom she had from any sort of load, the more fluid concentration she would have. She studied the screen one last time to know were to go first then turn to exit the van

She stepped out only to be met with six guards who were standing stoic and all eyes on her, ready to impede her movement. The one with the a buzz cut, a brunette male, stepped forward to address her

" Ma'am please we have orders to protect you and keep you in that van till the fight is over" he said but Diana would have none of it

" On who's authority? On second thought forget about that. Your people and my people are dying in there and if I don't get to them on time, many more I could have saved will die as well, so step out of my way" she asked, interrupted, explained and order all in one breath but they didn't budge

" Sorry ma'am, our orders were to protect you at all cost even with our lives. You are the mate to the Prince Filipe, heir to the throne of the wolven world and as such, your safety is our paramount concern. So sorry to disobey your orders but we cannot let you pass." The brunette replied and it irked Diana even more. Her patience was growing thinner by the second and this fool just seemed to be wearing it more faster than she could manage by the nano seconds.

" Right now,as we speak,our men are dying needlessly because they walked into a trap, one that every second we waste here means the end of two or three more. I have friends there who are counting on me to come to their aid. So I kindly suggest that you step out of my way or I.will.make.you.step.out.of.my.way"

She enunciated that last phase through gritted teeth to make him understand that she would go through them if she had to. The brunette saw the dire warnings of the female standing in front of him. He couldn't help but shudder at the burst of aura that permeated the area and expanding, threatening to engulf them. He could feel through the pack bond between he and his team mates standing behind him that they were afraid of this strange power that this female exuded, though they didn't exhibit it outwardly. The aura felt like that of a very powerful and ancient monarch.

The aura had superceded that of even the Prince,hence he and his teammates were no longer bound by Prince's command. So he bowed and cleared the way for her to pass. She saw this and made way to go but stopped and said to them

" I can't do this on my own, so will need all the help I can get if we are to succeed in this....." She hesitated not knowing what to address brunette by. He senses her hesitation but within seconds he understood and supplied her their names

" it's Calum, and that's Ezra, Nathan, Robert, Andrew and Victor.

" Ok Calum and you lot. I don't want to seem unfriendly and all but lives are counting on us. We'll have a proper introduction when all these hassle is over, over a couple of beers. So for now please don't die on me and let's go rescue our guys"

She was replied with stiff nods of acknowledgement. As they moved stealthly towards the elevator she explained her plan to them which was very simple - get everyone that was on their side to stay out of her way when the time came. Though her plan would put her in the direct line of fire, which didn't go down well with the men but she had to constantly assured them that no harm would come to her.

As the elevator neared the floor of the reception, she began summoning her powers to the surface, something she had not done in a pretty long while. It was as if she was communicating with a long lost dear friend who was angered over their abandonment. She mentally pleaded, begged, even carjouled her soulbond to respond to her. And as it responded howbeit reluctantly, she had a very quick heart to heart between her and her soulbond .

She felt its loneliness and its anger of her abandonment through their bond when in the real sense they were supposed to work as a team, both human and soulbond for she was it and it was her

Some months back, before all these shit hit the fan, she had asked her father to help her shove her power to the dark recess of her mind after she had an emotional breakdown over a bullying incident. Some girls had talked down on her mother's memories, incinuating that her mom died due to unsubstantiated lies. Tainting the loving memories she had of her, she lost it and was close to unleashing her powers at full blast roasting the girls that dare insulted her mother's memories to fillets but for her timely self control and tasking of every string of will to subjugate her soulbond to calm down.

As her uncle had severally told her, both human and soulbond were to work together in other to balance each other. And like her father had once told her, just like any other relationship that was bound by ups and downs, they were to work out their differences accept each other's flaws and balance each other.

She made a promise to never shut her soulbond off to the dark corners of her mind again. She felt the sudden surge within her body, a gyration of pure power racing through her blood, round her body. And when the elevator pinged to open into the chaos before her, she also opened her eyes at that extract same moment, eyes blazing bright in fury, she moved swiftly. So swift that Calum, Ezra and the others couldn't keep eye on her movement. At this point in time, she was no longer Diana, no Diana went to sleep the minute the elevator door opened. Now, they were dealing with a new terror

***************""""****"""""*********

Dan who was in charge of leading the team responsible for taking and holding the reception was no not having a happy time due to the turn of events. What was supposed to be an easy take down of the reception, an easy piece of cake operation turned out to be daunting task as the human mercenaries were overwhelming them with advantage of higher ground, more manpower and firepower while he and his team barely proceeded passed the base floor of the reception.

For the last thirty or so minutes they had been under heavy fire from their adversaries from the more vantage elevated positions in the reception effectively caging them from moving forward. What even pained him even more was that he was losing men to those blasted Acontium bullet.

They had expected stiff resistance but Acontium poisoned bullets was not what they anticipated in any way. It was as though they were actually expecting them. Either That or this Nimrod guy was just plain paranoid. And this paranoia was on a different level. Dan made a head count of the team mate still able to hold a gun as well as the amount of armor they had left and boy it wasn't looking good for them

He gave a series of command using hand signals for the injured to be evacuated while they drew fire to distract and cover them. Dan told them to calibrate their guns to short burst. A way to conserve bullet while also drawing the enemy to the open thinking they were short on armor. But Dan also knew just as the men that were to stay behind also that this plan was only for the wounded to escape and that none of them that were left would survive the onslaught from the mercs.

There mercs became more bolder descending from the hiding points when they heard that the guns had been switched to short burst. They were pushing to finish Dan and what was left of his active team. So under heavy continuous fire they moved the entrap them from all vantage points and block any means of escape. The mercs knew that Dan and what was left of team were low if not out of armor so taking them out was going to be easy, after all their orders were simple, take no prisoner

Dan waited until he felt the presence of the mercenaries were close by. He said a little prayer and was about to giver the order, when he felt the tethers of the telepathic pack bond buzz. Someone was trying to reach him

Bad timing. Bad bad timing.

He wanted to ignore due to the predicament they were currently in but decided against it and opened his end of the bond. It was Calum who was trying to reach him

" This better be good Calum" he growled

" Good to hear from you that you're no dead yet Danny boy. Before you go all cave man on me I suggest you tell your men to stand down. You don't want to be mistaken as the enemy when help comes your way "

Dan didn't want to believe what he was hearing and raise the hope of his team only for it to be dashed

" How long before this help comes because we are five seconds away from being Canon fodder." Dan's voice portrayed urgency

" Right about now" he immediately cut the link and signalled his team mates to stand down. He could visibly see them relax abit before they tensed up again taking position to fire on hearing rapid gun shots. though this time, it was not directed at them. Painful groans and dying moans were heard from men not too far from their position alongside the breaking of bones and tearing of flesh. They held their position, only phantoming what could be going on. Every thing ended In a matter of seconds and all was quiet.

Dan swallowed his fear and decided to checkout what was going on. Along with two of his team mate , the proceeded to the main reception area. If he was lesser man, he sure as hell would have emptied his gutts now. Hands and legs detached from main body, guts spilled everywhere, bodies slashed into two equal halves from head to button. What made him lose it was when he saw brain matter scattered everywhere.

His browel reacted instantly.

When he was through heaving the content of his stomach, faintly noticed Calum Ezra Nathan Robert Andrew and Victor evacuating the injured. Once he had composed himself he stood up and marched to Calum and his group and without acknowledging them asked

" Who did this?" Dan said pointing to the scene behind him. He feared that if he looked again, he would lose his shit

" Why hello to you too. And thanks for saving us from certain death" Nathan replied voice dripping with sarcasm

" Cut the shit and answer me Nathan" Dan growled back at Nathan

" Well whoever was responsible just went up to the next floor. I'm sure you can catch up with whoever it is, but please don't expect any answers from us" Calum intervened. He was getting a pissed off. A simple thanks would have settled all his curiosity but he just had to go all threats and rank on them

Dan knew his manner of approach was wrong and instantly wanted to apologize. The aderanline of the last hour was making him think and act like a jerk even to his kid brother, Calum

He walked away promising that he would apologize later to him and his friends. Right now they were still on a mission. He rounded up what was left of his team, stripped the weapons off the dead mercs along with extra armor . They prepared themselves and push forward to help the others on the upper floors.

If what Nathan said was right that whatever or whoever that had carried out that artistic impression in the reception had gone upstairs to aid their people then he and his me were best off hardening their stomach against more of such scenes as this was really going to be a very long night

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2021
Chapter 48

Hunter paced the room continuously in distress. He couldn't get his mind off the fact that his daughter was locked in battle with an overpowered, hyper deranged, egoistic mortal such as Nimrod and he could do nothing to help her unless her soulbond called to him and knowing Diana for who she was, all hell would freeze over before she asked him for any sort of aid. She had grown up too fast and became very much independent at an early age of twelve much to his chagrin. He had ,very much, long before now, known about Nimrod and the tower even before it's commissioning and it's intent for it's construction, but he was not permitted to sabotage its construction, rather he was told that all things worked together for to them that knew His ways, as the master plan banked in he, Nimrod, completing the Tower unhindered

Damn those self righteous idiots above!!! His daughter had been part of the "all things" all this while and he couldn't even sense it.
So much for Vanderbilt gene" he snarled within himself at himself.
Nimrod had never played fair when it came to having his way in contending with the Almighty and his sense of collateral damage, when the amount of innocent human lives lost to his taste power and control was factored in, which one might add, was non-existent, Hitler would be a low budget dictator in comparison. He had no benchmark for taking out all who stood in his way. There had been times throughout the centuries that he and Nimrod had crossed paths and each time it ended with Nimrod trying to recruit him through "forceful" means and he, "kindly" turning down the offer and both harshing it out through " jaw provoking" slaps and rib shattering jabs. But none had an upper hand over the other. He only pitied the unfortunate village to which Nimrod took out his frustration on. The tales were not pleasant, hence he made it a point of contact to as much as possible avoid him at all cost. He didn't want the have the blood of innocent on his conscience
Now imagine if handling Nimrod was that hectic then how would it be when his soulbond, Samayaza, who is rumoured to be the worst of the worst amongst the fallen finally ascended and bond to become one; it would be total chaos.

He paced frantically as his hyper active mind thought of many scenarios, each involving Diana and each panning out worse than the other

While Hunter was busy pacing the room, Ian was beginning to get irritated by Hunter's nuisance. And besides, he just redid the whole floor, Hunter's pacing was bound wear his newly installed flooring to dust. Not seeming to endure it any further, he barked

" Hunter get yourself a stool and sit. You are wearing out my polished flooring'"
Hunter paused, the words sinking in, his brain interpreting it meaning. Once the interpretation reached his senses, his face morphed from indifference to confusion and finally to fury. His response was swift even Ian couldn't see it coming

Hunter had already gotten two punches in before Ian got hold of his hands and forcefully pushed Hunter away from him. He stood up, touched his socked jaw and felt for any damages, then he righted himself before glaring at Hunter who was also glaring at him with the equal intensity.

" Do you think pacing around, stressing yourself and beating me up would aid your cause of get Diana's soulbond to call to you? Do you think I'm not also highly bothered by who she and her friends are up against? Do you think I am thrilled with the prospect of losing one of the few people to help keep my sanity in check to that bloody Scorch Of The Earth?!!"
"We can do abso-fucking-lutely nothing!
Nada!!
Our hands are tied on this one. So the earliest you can get it into that thick skull of yours the better it would be for my floor. And have some damn faith in Diana. We both train her well and she is a master of her soulbond. She can and will hold her own against any foe that may arise. And if those righteous flying asses so deem it fit that she needs aid , then we will be summoned to help. But until then, you either ground your ass on that chair, find something better to do like cook, sing or something or so help me God, I will help you decide" Ian calm and collected demeanor belied the rage that he was feeling courtesy of his soulbond. Ian closed his eyes and concentrated on calming his raging soulbond
His soulbond was clamoring to put Hunter in his place for disrespecting his host, and Fighting Ian for control to do just that. But Ian had to fight back control and reason with his soulbond, reminding it who Hunter was to them and why he behaved in such way. It took quite a bit before his soulbond quietened and let Ian have back full control howbeit grudgingly.

When he opened his eyes again, Hunter was, thankfully, seated and observing him with guarded caution. He didn't speak again as he quietly walked back to were he previously sat, righted his upturned chair and sat down, completely ignoring Hunter's murderous glares

Hunter never really understood Ian other than what Alicia told him of their bond. He and Alicia were among the original set of guardian sentinel created to watch over the Earth's realm and the numerous creations of the Almighty. In other words, they were amongst Watchers created to watch over man.

Though their legion was not directly in charge of man's affairs, he and Alicia had been tasked to be liason between both legions responsible for man's well-being. And over time, with the mingling with humans, they both grew a familia bond of Siblinghood like the humans. For whatever involved one, affected the other.

Then the worst happened....

Man fell.

To the beautiful snares of the Watchers and their sly tongues of deceitful promise, they never stood a chance. In addition to their freewill, man's inate curiosity and hunger to explore new ideas as well as their newly gotten knowledge of good and evil which put them almost on par with the celestials, was ultimately their own undoing. In the resultant chaos that followed which led to the forty day cleansing of the earth from the corrupted gene of man, the heavens were not spared. An inquisition was setup to flush out traitors, Alison and Ian's names were whispered to the hearing of the inquisition of their unique bond which was strange even to the celestials. Strange in the sense that all heavenly beings, with the exception of those in the category of " Archs " and " Chiefs" created by the Almighty were only given freewill to it's fullest and emotions at it's peripheral stage.
In other words, they could feel love, hate, pain and all the in-betweens but could not act them out in anyway. For their purpose of creation did not benefit them having such. Those were emotions reserved for the higher ups. And well of course, man, since he decided to eat, out of the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden of the beginnings that once dwelt in reaches of Euphrates. So imagine their surprise when such bond appeared in lowly guardian sentinels, it was an anormaly that needed to be removed urgently else it spread and infect others,

While Ian wore the ambience of calm, calculative and level headed, Alicia was the exact opposite, hounding mischief wherever it lurked, spontaneous with decision making and adventurous with dire matters. Through all, they were insperable and even when Alicia thought that she had messed up and running away was her only option, he wouldn't leave her to take the fall alone . And he, as usual, elected to stand by her rather than she be alone. He swore to her that they would both face the consequences together and that was where their siblinghood began

It was no wonder why Alicia's death and further transmigration of her life force and Grace back the heavens to serve whatever punishment they had install for her had hit Ian harder than any one of them. His punishment was for more harder brutal than whatever Alicia was bound to face in the celestial realm. For in the bond of siblinghood in which they had unwittingly formed, separation over an extended period of time was not considered since they never were far from each other . " Far" meaning that they couldn't be separated outside their territorial bond home - in this case - earth, for long. " Long" being seven days at most.
So when then their bond was shattered at the death of her mortal body, he felt pain in it's truest, cruelest and darkest form - loneliness - and that was his sentence
A sentence to be permanetly lonely througout the ages, doomed to roam the earth without companionship, an outcast amongst his own, until the heavens saw him fit to be granted redemption.

All these for just the fact that they unwittingly formed a bond of siblinghood against the wishes of the heavens. They were not even given given a chance to defend themselves

As Hunter thought more about it and really looked at the now seated Ian who had once again gained control of himself and they, lapsing into uncomfortable silence, he thought back to times when he, Ian, had once said that Diana had been the source of his light in his glummy days, as her existence made his own more bearable. It finally began to dawn on him the true effects Diana's mission had on Ian and though he hid it well under that calm and collected exterior of his, his eyes told a different story, He had been too self absorbed, selfish and self-centered to even consider how Ian's feelings and how not being able to interven was taking a toll on him too. But even he too, was put on a leash and could nothing but wait till her soulbond call to him also.

It was now a waiting game

Ian was seething within himself as at his now healed jaw. That bastard had a mean right hook not that he'ld ever tell him as not to inflate his ego but damn, his jaw had hurt like a bitch. Though both of them sparred frequently, Hunter was almost always on the receiving end of his blows but he took them with strides. This hit was different and he sure as hell was going to pay him back when they met to spar again.
A throat was cleared to get his attention and he slowly turned to look a Hunter, he was met with an intense gaze from him. He scoffed and turn away again .A huff Hunter was heard before he finally spoke
" You're not going to make it any easy for me are you?. Look I am extremely sorry about earlier, I was too agitated to actually process was you said before I acted."
Ian didn't grace him with a response. Of course he was going to make it difficult for him. He sure did know how to hold a grudge.

" O come man. I said I'm sorry. Put yourself in my position and tell me you wouldn't have acted the same" Hunter whined. Ian didn't dignify him and an answer, causing Hunter to sigh and glare hard at Ian who didn't give him care.
While Hunter was glaring,Ian was thinking of very creative ways of paying Hunter back in his own coin while another mind was solely on Diana and how she was faring.

Nimrod was one Man he and Alicia had tried hard to avoid at all cost. And when situations arose that made it inevitable for a meeting, they were sure to make him understand that it was in his best interest not to offend them. Not because they feared the man, but the one to whom he had his soul bond with - Samayaza - the Watcher who's legion caused man to fall

Even before the fall of man, Samayaza had been very ambitious which made the sentinel constantly clash with the other legion leadership. So arrogant and cocky was the Sentinel that it didn't come as a surprise when they heard that Samayaza's legion had abdicated their post and claimed lords and rulers of the earth and man, declaring themselves Gods and Goddesses. But what made Samayaza standout as one to be kept at arms length was the silvertongue of cunniness and mischief as well as the powers and knowledge the celestial stole from the Garden of the Beginnings.

He was very much aware of what heavy duty mojo the garden was packed with, why it was heavily guarded and why after man was sent away from the garden, it was lifted off the earth. But what bothered him most was how an ordinary Guardian sentinel was able overcome and subdue a chief cherub and the host of celestials on dutyn, break into the highly secure and fortified garden, gain access to such raw power and knowledge in it's truest form and escape without out being caught
That Samayaza, was the one to be very afraid of and one in which Diana and her friends didn't know they were up against. And it scared the shit out of him. And though he trusted in Diana's ability the hold her own in combat as her mastery of her soulbond was on equal par with a fledged guardian sentinel, a feat he and Hunter couldn't yet wrap their minds around being that her makeup was was essentially unable to wield such power,he couldn't help but feel that he still needed to protect her from such evils as Samayaza

He looked over to Hunter who had, thankfully, chosen wisely to ground his ass to the chair and who was presently lost in thoughts over his daughter. He seemed as though he had aged considerably over the last few hours but he could actually say he knew how Hunter felt.

They were still both deep in thought when Hunter felt a tug in his chest, he ignored it feeling it was time for calm down his murderous thoughts on best ways to take on Nimrod and Samayaza and pushed the feeling aside. After some seconds, he felt the tug again, only this time it was more violent and had him gasping for breath. Then he looked to Ian after he caught his breath to find his feet and moving towards him but then paused his steps and looked sideways, his eyes closed for some seconds. When he opened it again, he smiled and looked towards Hunter's right palm which was on the table. It was glowing
" I think it time to put all those murderous thoughts swimming all-over your into action and see what you're made off" Hunter smiled in reply. He stood up righting himself

" I serve to please" he replied, smirking and then vanished. Ian followed suit.

The warding on the building, only visible to those that they were meant for, was what kept them from immediately entering the building, not that it stopped them anyway. But it gave them a breather to fully assess their approach and come up with a game plan as they were not going to be entering their enemy's stronghold unprepared. They both opened their minds and inner eyes to see the activies ongoing in the building. What they saw was not encouraging as the battle was already going south, in favour of Nimrod's people. Both could see Diana holding her own against some big ass wolves just as some other wolves were also giving her cover to fight . Hunter was proud that his daughter was holding her own but the wolves... as in really bigger than normal wolves. For a moment, he tuned out from the scene, back to were they were and turned to Ian flabbergasted

" Are they.....?" He couldn't find words to complete his sentence as he was still in shock and awed

" Yes they are." Was Ian's reply without coming out of this gazing.

" But how's that possible?" Asked a dumbfounded Hunter

" How are we even possible? " was Ian's short reply. Hunter just shook his head and went back to observing.

While Ian kept and eye on Diana, his main focus was that blasted Guardian Sentinel. And when he saw whom he was looking for, his heart skipped its beat at what he was seeing
Nimrod - no, in this case, Samayaza was about to ascend. He also witnessed two females who were battling him and holding their own. They must have either been extremely brave and powerful to take on a crazed mortal that possessed by a very power and angry Sentinel or they were gallantly high on stupidity and had a death wish, either way the resultant blast from Samayaza's ascension would take them out. He needed to interven and fast. He attention turned to the boy whose soulbond was a. .... He had to pause a bit to make sure he was seeing clearly and metaphorically cleaned his eyes again before looking again.

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!

That young boy's soulbond was Azrael!! As in the same Azrael. That very one. Azrael, the chief Arch Sentinel , one of the Creator's sword of vengeance. For a second he forgot about Samayaza's side of the fight and focused on the young boy. What in the sacred heavens was going on.

His eyes wandered back to Diana who was holding her ground strong, tearing into the enemy wolves without breaking sweat. They were finally on a better standing than when they first arrived. But what caught his eyes was her aura which was very similar to the the young boy's own who was fight the demon soulbond of those black-hearted Sisters of Endor.
Now that he thought of it, Diana's aura had always been imposing, almost suffocating as if demanding for submission. Constantly did he and Hunter have to fight the urge submit whenever they were training her or when she was agitated over something. Such aura were only common to his superiors in rank, which included the chief Archs of each celestial beings. If his was thinking right then Diana, the boy along with the remain two legacy's soulbonds were Chief Arch Sentinels.
His mind was still reeling from the new information he just deduced when a bright light drew his attention back to Samayaza's fight and knew it was time to interven. He quickly turned to Hunter instructing him to go help the two other youngsters trapped with the females fighting Samayaza and get them out while he neutralised the effects of the resultant blast from Samayaza's completed ascension seening that Diana and the others were holding their own and slowly gaining the upper hand, so they were in no immediate threat. They both vanished to do their assigned tasked

Ian got there just about when both females had raised a powerful force to clash with spillage of grace from Samayaza's ascension. With the power these two females packed , he definitely had a rethink. These were not stupid brainless women, these females came prepared. Their body language screamed confidence, their eyes showed determination and their energy demanded retribution. These females were out to settle a score with Nimrod/Samayaza and they were willing to sacrifice themselves to achieve that. Unfortunately, a blast of such magnitude would envicerate the entire building as well as anything in a four mile radius. He wouldn't have that. He had to stop it

Damn!! This was definitely going to hurt like hell

He immediately opened a portal to another dimension just as the peripheral of both powers were clashing, putting his hands in-between both forces to serve as a conduit , he channelled the ultimate blast into the portal while sending a shock wave to knocked both parties offheir feet and far from each other
He immediately closed the portal to avoid any blast spilling out and heaved abit. Though the task had drained him, he could already feel himself recharging fast. A feat that would normally take at least a day or two. The perks of having the right backing from above

He took deliberate slow step and now stood in the middle between both opposing parties but turn his attention to a now seething Sentinel, his face devoid of any emotion, tension thick in the air as recognition showed in the Sentinel's appearance

" Hellooo Samayaza. We meet again"

" Nathaniel. The displeasure of this meeting is mine" Samayaza snared

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
Three more chapters to go and an epilogue.

Good day everyone, fans of legacies. It's been quite a long while and it was due to extenuating circumstances beyond my control but all the same I am grateful to God for his mercies

As you might've noticed LEGACIES is almost ending with just 3 or 4 chapters more. But this is not the end of the series as those two persky and manipulative celestials are up to more mischief and cooking some bad ass retribution for those nasty and selfish watchers. .... So stay tuned
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
@dat9jaguy
Gaiusc
cassbeat
Dawno2008
Deo7
Abeg make una call others come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: A Trip From Ekpoma To Benin / Anyigba Thief - A Short Story / Get any Book you want free of charge (drop requests)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 534
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.