Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,682 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Governor Bala Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Governor Bala Mohammed (356 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding / Dapo Abiodun: My Predecessor’s Housing Projects Are Now Miscreants’ Den / My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Governor Bala Mohammed by unclexofficial: 5:34am On Jun 24, 2019
Bauchi state Governor, Bala Mohammed who spoke in an interview with journalists disclosed that his predecessor, Mohammed Abubakar, spent N2.3bn on burial in five months.  According to Governor Bala Mohammed, his predecessor who claimed he spent N2.3bn on burial in five months gave the breakdown as N900m spent on the purchase of white cloth used for wrapping corpse, and N1.4bn used to buy the wood for lacing the graves after burial.

Speaking through his spokesperson, Dr Ladan Salihu, the Bauchi State Governor said the funds were spent between January and May, 2019.

Ladan alleged, “This money which ought to have been appropriated by the state House of Assembly before expenditure, all of a sudden emanated from our treasury books. How could you imagine that a state government, within five months, that is, between January and May, 2019, spent well over N2.3bn on funeral materials, dresses for wrapping dead bodies and the woods that you lace the graveyards with.”

Asked if the state government had any proof to substantiate its claim, he said there was no iota of doubt on the matter, saying that there was documentary evidence to prove that

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/24/my-predecessor-spent-n2-3bn-on-burial-in-five-months-bauchi-governor-bala-mohammed/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Governor Bala Mohammed by unclexofficial: 5:36am On Jun 24, 2019
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Governor Bala Mohammed by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:38am On Jun 24, 2019
grin Burial ooo embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Governor Bala Mohammed by Seetto: 6:02am On Jun 24, 2019
Who are they burying..

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Governor Bala Mohammed by Mynd44: 6:28am On Jun 24, 2019

(1)

Why Does Buhari Love Defending Thieves? / What Jonathan, Peter Obi, Ihedioha Said About Atiku's Late Father In-law / When Will Nigeria Be Great Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.