Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study (22368 Views)

Ladies Can You date men with thin mustache?? / Ladies: Don't Date Men Without Prospects. / I Lied I Am 23 Because She Can Only Date Older Guys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by vicadex07(m): 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
gypsey:
I have no problem buying as much food as she wants or can eat, but, why must they bring their friends along? angry

one female brought her friend along, and i ended up in a hotel room with her friend, when she got angry and asked why the betrayal, i was like, you brought your friend to me, you obviously believed you are not good enough for me hence you brought your friend. grin

When we were in MR BIGGS, they ordered everything in MR BIGGS. From fried rice, doughnuts, breads, fried breads, roasted chicken, roasted meat, fried meat, fried chicken, pepper soup, orange juice, ice cream, Fried fish,.roasted fish, apple juice, cakes, bottled waters and life beers, and some take aways. I was like whaaaaaa?! shocked Anyway, i paid for all of it. it was just only like less than £50.

They didn't even care if i could afford it or not, they assumed i can, Because i drove a 2017 AmG Benz SUV

The next day, they turned up again with Another friend. shocked whaaaa?!! i picked race!

Dey wan loot your future grin

1 Like

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by wristbangle: 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
germanized:
We already know that girls and food are like 5&6.

Onyinye kept asking us to meet in restaurants. Just one date the girl made me spend like 10k at dominoes and coldstone. Igbo girl show me pepper grin

Onyinye if you're reading this, my God will judge you. cry

grin onyi don do this guy strong thing. Pele
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Jcole1985(m): 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
ImaIma1:

Sexkillz is that you?
Your intuition didn't fail you.
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by ImaIma1(f): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
vicadex07:

Na those ladies chop and wreck Mr. Biggs grin

Abeg allow the ladies eat. There is hunger in the land smiley
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
vicadex07:

Dey wan loot your future grin
De thing taya me oo! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by CosmicPhoenix: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
booty call was only referenced because the people named their research after it,so where in the post does it support your point? undecided and when booty call was referenced,no particular gender was called

ImaIma1:

It was already stated here. But it's ok if you are stuck on the woman part.

2 Likes

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by ImaIma1(f): 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
booty call was only referenced because the people named their research after it,so where in the post does it support your point? undecided and when booty call was referenced,no particular gender was called

The name was derived from the term “booty call” – a slang for phoning an acquaintance for sex.

This already shows that it is phenomenon.

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by livebyday(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
vicadex07:

Na those ladies chop and wreck Mr. Biggs grin

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by ImaIma1(f): 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
Jcole1985:

Your intuition didn't fail you.

Nice to have you back
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by CosmicPhoenix: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
stop trying hard,where did it mention anything that supports your point,no gender was even mentioned.i'm done schooling you

ImaIma1:

The name was derived from the term “booty call” – a slang for phoning an acquaintance for sex.

This already shows that it is phenomenon.

3 Likes

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by lanre88(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
germanized:
We already know that girls and food are like 5&6.

Onyinye kept asking us to meet in restaurants. Just one date the girl made me spend like 10k at dominoes and coldstone. Igbo girl show me pepper grin

Onyinye if you're reading this, my God will judge you. cry

You allowed yourself get played my brother, just last week one was telling me we should meet at restaurant after all the places I mentioned that we still would end up spending same amount if not more. Someone am just meeting dictating to me where she wants, that was the last time I called her. Hungry Mofos, I don't date unreasonable fellow.

2 Likes

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by ImaIma1(f): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
stop trying hard,where did it mention anything that supports your point,no gender was even mentioned.i'm done schooling you

cheesy

Because you type in green font, you consider yourself a teacher...

School yourself.
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
kutashi:

Yes you are right but compare to other region in Nigeria on this issue, their corruption rate is in the region of 20 - 30%

Mu tashi mu je Inna?
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
lanre88:

You allowed yourself get played my brother, just last week one was telling me we should meet at restaurant after all the places I mentioned that we still would end up spending same amount if not more. Someone am just meeting dictating to me where she wants, that was the last time I called her. Hungry Mofos, I don't date unreasonable fellow.

Lol sharp guy... But it was only a joke wink
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Naijanu(f): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
True talk ! cool

1 Like

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by bluefilm: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
cococandy:
Free food is life

Chisos!

Chineke nna ekwela ihe ojoo.

Nne, o zikwa gi n'ekwu ifea?

1 Like

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by awumen: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Yes why not
All the girls have bleeped always got something in return
Free money.free food
Free wifi
Free popori
But i always give dem very hard fuckkk
At least 30 to 1hr af not cum
God epp u if u spend 2days wit me
As long as we r both naked
Yur pekus go hear am hot
Bich
o boy, u de lik me o(during uni days), as long as we are naked,haaa,dat my 40-45mins ehn,na proper movie o and ur pekus go hear am.
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Sniper101(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
So true...

Currently, there's this friend of mine, before she comes to my house to be with me, she'll always call to ask if am home. If I say I am, she'll then ask me to meet her in the Restaurant at my junction.
And I always know what that means. Hence, my wallet goes with me.
If she's visited me about 10 times, she's used this technique about 7 times to let me know SHE'S HUNGRY.

And again, one of my girls back then in Uni days will always go like...
She: Babe! Are you home?
Me: Yeah, I am. Are you coming?
She: Yes. Am coming. Did you cook?

LMAO...

1 Like

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Fourwinds: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
Gazzy88:
may his soul rest in peace.
i never knew that guy has passed on... Please when was that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by carter009(m): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bitter Truth.
zed7:
Women and food. That's why most are unshapely and have protruding belly. You hardly see a female with a flat belly these days, even those that are yet unmarried. Gluttony is a sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by carter009(m): 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hungry broke ass hoes everywhere.
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by carter009(m): 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
Chaiiiiiiiiiiii Hungry Hoes.
elotajohn1:
Una dey carry out studies.... Wetin we don know tey tey for Naija.
With 2 Indomie SuperPack and 2 eggs, FEDPOLY NEKEDE Girl na yours all night round.

Don't doubt me visit NEKEDE
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by JhyMedex: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
Mk12:
especially the feminist.
the day a lady start buying food with her money, she will just upload pics on social media and tag them" loving the woman I am becoming"
LMAO...
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by soneyotheguru(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
��BENEFITS OF JUTE LEAVE(Ewedu) ��
Jute or saluyot leaves (called ewedu among the Yoruba and rama or Ayoyo among the Hausa and their Fulbe neighbours) are used as a food source in many parts of the world. It is a popular vegetable in West Africa and is not just rich in nutrition but also has a lot of health benefits, including protecting us from various diseases. Nutrition-wise, vegetables are low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals.

They are also good sources of fibre. Fibre keeps the intestinal tract in good health and may even reduce the risk of some

cancers and diseases.

� NUTRITIONAL FACT of EWEDU LEAVES �

The leaves contain almost all of the nutrients needed by humans and are high in antioxidant property, primarily in the form of Vitamin E.
It is also used as herbal medicine to control or prevent dysentery, worm infestation and constipation.

Ewedu leaves are rich in vitamins, carotinoids, calcium, potassium and dietary fibres. Although it has been grown for food, in recent times it has been discovered that ewedu has many other benefits, including anti-ageing benefits.

This leaf (Ewedu) is clearly rich in micro nutrients, and these micro nutrients aid in reducing the chances of illness in the consumer.
The main vitamins found in Jute leaves are vitamin A, C and E, and these vitamins are key in the protection of the body from certain degenerative diseases.

� HEALTH BENEFITS of JUTE (EWEDU) LEAVES�

� EWEDU and WEIGHT LOSS�

The green leaf has been described as a source of weight loss. Serving ewedu without meat or fish only has 97 calories. So, for those trying to lose some weight, include ewedu in your diet.
The ewedu leaf is an adequate source of fibre, thus making the plant very helpful in dealing with weight management and may also promote intestinal health by helping with bowel movement.

� EWEDU FOR PREGNANT WOMEN�

This jute leaf has been known to be a remedy for pregnant women experiencing prolonged labour. When a pregnant woman is experiencing prolonged labour, a bunch of ewedu leaves squeezed with the stem can be given to her to drink. It has also been discovered to aid milk secretion in lactating mothers.

� INTERNAL BLEEDING�

Jute plant consists of considerable amount of Vitamin K which is helpful in reducing the threat of bleeding in the liver, poor nutrient absorption, jaundice or the combination of long term use of antibiotics or aspirin. Some of the problems related with the gastrointestinal system due to a decrease of this vitamin include colitis, obstructions, sprue and Crohn’s disease. All these problems are due to a reduced content of Vitamin K.

� PROTECTS EYE HEALTH�

Poor diet or nutrient deficiencies are the fundamental reasons of numerous eye diseases. Research has proven that taking vitamin B6 together with other vitamins, like folate, can help with the prevention of eye disorders and loss of vision. Jute plant consists of 0.496 mg Vitamin B6 which is 38.15% of the daily recommended value. Regular consumption of Jute plant is believed to help slow the start of certain eye diseases, including age-related macular degeneration.

� RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME�
Iron deficiency is one of the main causes of the restless leg syndrome. Low levels of iron within the blood are a main reason of the condition, so proper intake of iron supplements in necessary as per doctor’s recommendations can cure this problem. Regular consumption of Jute plant helps to get rid of this problem because Jute plant consists of 2.73 mg of Iron which is 34.13% of the daily recommended value. Muscle spasms are also one of the main symptoms of iron deficiency.

� SUPPORTS SKIN HEALTH and CELL GROWTH�

Vitamin A is essential for wound healing as well as skin re-growth. It is required to support all of the epithelial (skin) cells both internally and externally and is a powerful aid in fighting skin cancer. Jute plant consists of ample amount of vitamin A which is essential for better skin health and cell growth.
A deficiency of vitamin A can result in a poor complexion, as indicated by research that prove that vitamin A can fight acne and improve overall skin health. Vitamin A helps to keeps the lines and wrinkles in your skin away by producing more collagen, which is liable for keeping the skin looking young. Vitamin A can also contribute to healthy hair too.

� FIGHTS OFF COLDS and FLU�

Jute plant consists of Vitamin C which is extremely beneficial for immune system and plays an important role in the body’s ability to fight off colds and viruses. You can take 1000 mg of Vitamin C to fight off an oncoming cold and 4000 mg per day to get rid of a cold which is previously in your system.
Vitamin C when taken during colds and flu can help to decrease the risk of developing further complications, like pneumonia and lung infections.
� REDUCES BAD CHOLESTEROL�
Several research studies have shown that copper help to reduce the levels of “bad” cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and help to increase beneficial cholesterol (HDL cholesterol). Jute plant consists of 0.222 mg of copper which is 24.67% of the daily recommended value. This helps to lowers the chances of cardiovascular diseases like atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes.
� CANCER�

Vitamin B9 present in Jute is considered to be an essential component for reducing the occurrence of cancer in the human body. It helps eliminate the likelihoods of cancer in various forms, including colon cancer, cervical cancer and lung cancer. Thus, it is recommended by doctors to include this vitamin in sufficient amounts in your daily diet plan. Jute plant consists of 90 µg of vitamin B9 which is 22.50% of the daily recommended value.

� MAINTAINS HEALTHY TEETH and GUMS�
Calcium helps to protect your teeth by keeping the jaw bone strong and robust throughout your life, which in turn ensures tight fitting teeth where bacteria cannot grow well. Therefore, before your teeth and gums start giving you any trouble, be sure to maintain a calcium rich diet. Sufficient amount of calcium can be obtained by the regular consumption of Jute plant which consists of 184 mg of calcium which is 18.40% of the daily recommended value. Calcium intake should be high, particularly at young ages, so that kids naturally grow up with strong teeth.

� PREVENTS ASTHMA

People who are suffering from chronic asthma may be able to normalize their breathing with the help of magnesium supplements which aid in relaxing the bronchial muscles and regulating breathing. Jute plant consists of sufficient amount of magnesium that is required for the body. Therefore frequent consumption is recommended to normalize the asthma problems. Even wheezing and breathlessness can be relieved through administration of intravenous magnesium.

� PROTECTS HEALTHY HAIR and SKIN�
Vitamin B2 also known as riboflavin plays an important role in maintaining collagen levels, which helps to makes up healthy skin and hair. Collagen is required to maintain the youthful structure of skin and to prevent fine lines and wrinkles, thus a riboflavin deficiency can make us look aged earlier. Some research recommends that riboflavin can decrease the time needed for wound healing, can decrease skin inflammation and cracked lips, and can help naturally slow signs of aging.

✅How to Eat✅

It is occasionally consumed as boiled vegetable with lemon and olive oil. Is used for making soup in the west and North of Nigeria. It is a popular dish in the northern provinces of the Philippines, where it is known as saluyot.Jute leaves are also consumed by the Luyhia people of Western Kenya, where it is normally known as ‘mrenda’ or ‘murere’It is eaten with ‘ugali’, which is a staple for most communities in Kenya.Japan has been importing dry jute leaf from Africa and is using it as the substitute of coffee and tea.In Europe, jute leaves are used as soup.It can be steamed and pureed, mixed with chicken, or prepared into soup like how the Japanese prepare it as molohiya.Like spinach as well as other leafy greens, jute leaves can be cooked whole as a major component of a dish, or loosely chopped so that they can blend better with other ingredients.Leaves and tender shoots are eaten in India.Leaves are boiled in water like cabbage and eaten together with other foodstuff or on its own just with some additional salt.Jute leaves are used to flavor soups, stews, teas, and vegetable dishes.Dried leaves can be used as a thickener in soups.Young leaves are added to salads.

� OTHER TRADITIONAL uses AND BENEFITS OF JUTE.
Jute is a traditional remedy for aches and pains, fever, dysentery, enteritis, pectoral pains, and tumors.Leaves are used for ascites, pain, piles, and tumors.The cold infusion is said to restore the appetite and strength.An infusion is used in the treatment of dysentery, fevers, liver disorders and dyspepsia.A decoction of the roots and unripe fruits is used in the treatment of dysentery.Leaves are also used for cystitis, dysuria, fever, and gonorrhea.

�Other Facts�

Stem of the plant can be burned as firewood.Stalks are used for industrial products like rope, pulp, paper, fiber, & composites.Fiber is used for making gunny bags, rugs, ropes, carpets, rough cloth and many other similar articles of daily use.Light and soft wood is used in making sulphur matches.

Dr Sunday Oguche,
Rhema Natural Clinic,
Advanced Ayurvedic Medicine India
(+234)07057447365
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Mummymahdi(f): 11:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
Tartie:

Madam dat was the north u knew 20yrs ago not now.na d north I dey for close to 30yrs now

It might b true but till now morethan 50% maintain that culture
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by AbleBeing: 6:27am On Jul 03, 2019
EmekaBlue:
Super True...Alot of Foodie~Call ladies in Nigeria lately.

I have no problem giving them a food trip but i find it playing with my intelligence when they invite their friends to join them and they try to order as they like.

I swear down!

1 Like

Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by Sexxkillz: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
ImaIma1:

Sexkillz is that you?
Hell no.
Re: A Third Of Female Only Date Men Because Of The Free Food - 'Foodie Call' Study by RuggedSniper: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Enn214:

A new study has found that one in every three ladies have gone on a date with a guy just to get a free meal.

The research was conducted by Brian Collisson, Jennifer Howell, and Trista Harig of Azusa Pacific University and UC Merced, and published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science on Friday.

The study, titled a “foodie call”, is a process whereby a person sets up a date with someone they are not romantically interested in, but for the purpose of getting a free meal.

The two online studies carried out by the researchers showed that 23 per cent to 33 per cent of women “have engaged in a foodie call”.

During the first study, 820 women — with 40% single, 33% married, and 27% committed in a relationship but not married — were recruited. Out of the participants, 85% said they were heterosexual, and they were the focus for the study.

Their personality traits, beliefs about gender roles, and their “foodie call” history were all measured. They were also asked if they thought a foodie call was socially acceptable.

Nearly a quarter — about 23 per cent — of the participants in the first group said they had engaged in a “foodie call”.

Although some of the women believed “foodie call” was more acceptable, others were of the opinion that it was extremely to moderately unacceptable.

For the second study, a similar set of questions of 357 heterosexual women were analysed and it was discovered that 33% had engaged in a “foodie call”.

The authors, however, stressed that neither of the studies recruited representative samples of women, so the percentage might not be accurate for women in general.

They noted that “foodie calls” could happen in any kind of relationships and could be perpetrated by all genders

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/study-a-third-of-women-only-date-men-because-of-the-free-food/
grin... Foody call women busted!

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / My Experience With Agbo Jedi Jedi (herbal Drug) / Top 10 States In Nigeria With The Most Beautiful Girls – Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.